{~*Corner Sweets*~}

Started by Spa O o fey, October 15, 2008, 12:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spa O o fey

~W.E.L.C.O.M.E~

Note: This is an environment meant to be played in "Real time." Meaning, you play when you desire. Your character should exit the area when you find it necessary to leave. You'll construct both an entrance post and an exit post. There is no obligation; your pace is your own. When playing in real time, please make an effort to be prompt in your responses as the environment is based on character interaction. A detailed novel is not needed in every response, however, one to five paragraphs would be preferred depending on preference and pace of the current situation. We have provided an area for OOC socializing and an Index to keep track of characters. You are allowed as many characters as you wish as long as a description is provided in the Index board. Once this is done you are free to do as you will. The environment is intended to be quirky and fun. Remember to be attentive to all characters around you and react to your environment. Be mindful of interactions around you as well.  Below you will find a description of the shop. Enjoy your time!

Spa O o fey

~D.E.S.C.R.I.P.T.I.O.N~

Down streets of red cobble stone, past pots of flowers, iron benches and onto the main street sits rows of brick buildings old and new. Window to window, stoop to stoop lay store after store. A heaven for full wallets. As the street progresses ever onward a flash of yellow brick catches the wandering eye. Set back into the red walls and below the normal evaluation of the cobble stone is an old bakery.

An iron gate lines its fresh gardens, three steps leading downward towards the bakery's door. Clean pane glass windows are lined with fliers, as flowers decorate the edges. Often times in good weather a small white kitten sits next to the door, as if to greet any who enter. The building has been around for nearly one hundred years, which is evident in the warn look of the bright bricks, flaking white paint on the windows and the ivy that's covering its left side.

Despite its warn look the fresh flowers and quaint setting give the building a warm welcoming feel. The bells hanging over the door ring cheerfully announcing any who pass the threshold. Pushing at the light door and brass handle is simple for no lock is existing. Once inside the interior is brightened with the rays of light streaming through the unadorned panes. The floors are tiled classically, black and white. Simple wooden chairs and black table tops line the area, cushions attached carefully to the oaken seats.

Small candles sit upon the tables, surrounded by a sheer white container to keep the flames from leaping out. The smell of sweets caresses the senses as the warm air from the kitchen dances with the cooler air entering from the usually ajar front door. The smell of sugar, bread and coffee linger throughout the building, however the scent of vanilla and chocolate is most dominating.

Straight ahead of the door is a long bar, with curving glass encasing the most delectable treats. Behind the counter and to the left sits oaken shelves of cups, and mugs. Cabinets of creams and chocolates line the upper walls while below the shelves sits a counter top arranged with coffee appliances. To the right are lines of jars filled with the tart, sour, sweet, and mint candies. Lollipops and candy beads hang from a candy rack on the counter for all the world to see.

The walls of the small building are painted a rich red bordered white, as black framed pictures lay somewhat crooked upon its surface. Resting along the large pain glass window is a large white couch, a small coffee table arranged neatly in front of it.

The kitchen is fresh. The walls are adorned with a bright sea foam green while copper ovens line the wall. Sinks and counter are lined in the same copper. The ceiling holds a large rack of pans and utensils hangings from brass hooks. No costumers of course, are allowed into the kitchen, let alone behind the counter.

The quaint building is called Corner Sweets. A bakery, Candy store and cafe serving in simplicity and originality.

Wistful Dream

Eyes of dark green were fixed up the wall, observing it, examining it with an intensity that would probably startle most, after all it was only a wall. But not to her. A paint brush was held in one hand, between two elegant fingers that could easily play the piano as well. Dark ebony lashes swept downward in a blink as the pale hand holding the brush dipped down to gather more pigment into the bristles. Open again, direct was the girl's gaze, iris' the color of poison and vivid set against her pale skin and the cascade of long raven black hair hair that framed her face and shoulders. A smile curved on those lips, she hummed some odd, old ditty as her brush stroked over the blank spot in the wall, with all the infinite tenderness of a lover.

Vivian Verch found this a perfect way to pass her time, her paints set out and a water cup near by, the smell of baking filling her senses. She was glad she used acrylic rather then oil, the scent of the paint was softer then the sweetness of the vanilla and chocolate that lingered out into the air of the shop. She inhaled, happily, her eyes slightly closing before she found her mouth opening in a laugh, as she spotted one of the small fairies she had painted into the mural mimicking the same action.  Vi compressed her lips, the corners quirking even as she leaned down to meet the diminutive figure's gaze, wrinkling her nose at the sassy posture it took.

"Now none of that, don't draw too much attention to yourself..." She murmured, the husky sweetness of her voice caused the tiny female to nod and giggle, a hand coming up to cover her mouth, even though no sound emerged from the laughter, her little creations couldn't talk or make noise, but they were very animated as they wished to be.  The dainty figure turned her back to Vi, stretching out her wings, one of which still needed another stroke of the vivid azure that laden her paint brush. Her hand stretched out, and a flick of her wrist add that key color, another brush was picked up with a touch of water in it to smooth the colors and soften the over all look. Her mural was like a dream come alive.

The clock struck then, chiming the hour, almost opening time. The female heaved a sigh and slipped off the counter, she was the first one here as was often the case, picking up her brushes and closing the box that held them all, her pallet in the other hand as she pushed the paint box back against the wall against a dry section. Time to clean up and make herself half way decent for work. She entered the kitchen, surprised to find Ariella already there, she nodded to her, heading to the one sink that the pastry chef had approved for her to use for her paints separate from the food sinks.

Brushes rinsed and left in their cup in the window she stripped off her smock, revealing the pretty uniform for her work, a green dress that hit mid thigh, the skirts held up and fluffed out more by the petticoats beneath it, Vi grabbed the white apron she had stashed in her bag from her bag in the employee's area and tied it neatly around her waist, smiling over at the pastry chef, it was hard to not like the girl, and she had followed Ari here for work.

"Good morning."

Spa O o fey

Eva burst through the front door. Golden curls framed her face like a halo, haphazardly piled upon her scalp with pins. Her cheeks were slightly flushed, matching the crimson of her long coat. Turning the sign to Open upon the front door she cursed at the cheerful bells that rang above her. Blue eyes darting around she as struggled with her jacket, which always remained unbuttoned due to her pregnancy.

Tossing her jacket onto a near by table she struggled as she adjusted the door stop, attempting to prop open the door. She wore a beautiful pink silken shirt. With an empire waist it hugged her breasts before hanging freely around her; a sad attempt to hide her swollen belly. Black slacks fitted her still slender legs but her feet were adorned with pink slippers. Placing a hand on her lower back she wiggled her feet.  After numerous battles this morning she had reserved the right, as a heavily pregnant and frustrated woman, to wear slippers to work. Besides, she couldn't bend to put her socks on.

Finally jarring the door into place she shuffled into the building, snatching her coat as she began turning on the fans and lights. Looking around thoughtfully she noticed the main room to be empty. Knowing her sister was probably in the kitchen as was any employee at the beginning of the day, Evalynn tiptoed to the counter. It had been seven months since she had indulged in a cup of coffee as the caffeine was not good for the child. Hitting the button she looked around suspiciously, nervous at any sound. Would they discover her?

Wistful Dream

She loved early mornings by herself, she woke up earlier then usual today. She was happy in her room that was apart from the bakery, up above the car port, the sun filled it, warming her as she lay sprawled in her bed. A yawn stretched Ariella's mouth as she pushed herself up out of the bed, slipping from the warmth of the nest of blankets to pad across the room toward her dresser, stretching her arms as she shook her head and sent the tumble of golden curls around her shoulders as she blinked drowsily at her own reflection. Mornings she loved. The sun drenched through her window, lighting up her palely golden form until she sighed in utter contentment and whirled, dancing by herself over to her closet to bring out a pale blue dress made of soft linen.

Ari caught up her hair and slipped on the dress, it hit about her knees and was simple in cut, a baby doll neckline, with soft puff sleeves, something that was cute yet perfect for a day spent in the bakery. The shorter strands of her hair were already escaping, framing her delicate cheek bones as she bent, her hands seeking out her ballet flats which she slipped onto her tiny feet easily and then she was out the door of her mini apartment area, descending the stairs to the yard to cross into the bakery.

She could hear the sound of someone in the other room, most likely Vivian, she was always hear early, Ari shrugged it off and went to the rack that held up aprons for all the staff, she slipped hers on, the white apron was clean, freshly laundered, from last night by her own hands. All of them were fresh thanks to her work last night. She smoothed it down humming softly as she poured hot water into a mug, hot chocolate for her though rather then coffee. Ari sipped at it, stirring it with a flick of her fingers to use a bit of earth magic to do so while she moved around the kitchen, starting up the ovens and pulling out the dough she had made up last night for the early morning things. Half an hour and they were in the oven. Then she started to pull out the flour, sugar and other things, deciding cinnamon buns would be the first thing she made today.

Vi came into the kitchen then, and Ari lifted her head from her work, her cheeks slightly flushed and flour on the tip of her nose as she waved. "Good morning, hot chocolate?" She offered, setting aside her work, dusting her hands off on her apron before picking up her own cup, cutting off the stirring.

Then she sighed, shaking her head as she sensed her sister come in and knew she was going toward the coffee. She fetched the other cup she had kept waiting and went into the main room, on eye brow arched as she tsked.

"Eva, no, hot chocolate is okay, coffee is not. And I would rather not deal with your cranky husband later."

Paradox

Working his way up the stairs from the basement with a heavy crate in his arms, Gregori realized that he had forgotten to open the door. Sighing, he walked all the way back down the stairs, set the wooden crate down, walked back up, opened the door, and retrieved the crate. He shook his head. It was early morning, yet he had worked up a sweat already.

Wiping the perspiration from his brow with the sleeve of his black collared shirt, Gregori walked into the main room and stopped. The scent of baking bread filled his nostrils and caused moisture to pool in his mouth, as it always did. Though the work was damned hard at times, there were certain advantages to working in a bakery--- fresh pastries and bread were chief among those advantages. Then again, it also distracted him from his duties; for instance, he was so distracted by the smell that he had entirely forgotten about the crate he hauled up from the basement. Going back and dragging it into the main room, he noticed that his wife and that damned sister of hers were up already.

Gregori had walked in just in time to hear Ari refer to him as a "cranky husband".

Walking over to the sisters, he put his arms around his wife's massive belly from behind her, raised an eyebrow at Ari, and asked "and just vat vould I being cranky about, hmm?"

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Spa O o fey

At first Eva glared at her sister, blue eyes narrowing as a pout began plumping her pink lips even more. Peering at her sister through her eyelashes she let them flutter. Taking a few minutes to give her sister a pleading look she gave up. With a huff Eva took the hot chocolate. Glaring at the coffee machine she muttered. "I need Coffee!' She confessed, suddenly looking tired. 'The child won't mind..." she mused, trying to convince her sister as much as herself. Evalynn grumbled again, the addiction to caffeine, or more so, the withdrawl from it was making her even more edgy.

Sipping the hot chocolate she continued to eye Ari with misplaced venom. Wiggling her toes she let the warmth of the hotchocolate sooth her before a familiar touch smoothed over her stomach. "You'll be cranky to know we need a new coffee machine. It's much too loud and takes too long to brew..." Wandering briefly if that had given her attempted crime away, Eva added, "for the customers on the go..."

Wistful Dream

Ari laughed softly, taking a step forward toward the couple, offering up the cup of steaming chocolate, happy when she took it, Eva needed to take better care of herself. "Well if your wife drinks coffee whilst pregnant, I don't think that is too great of an idea, do you Gregori?" She set her own cup down directly in front of the coffee pot, reaching over to click off the coffee pot. "I know you feel like you need it, but it wouldn't be healthy for the baby."

At her twins grumblings about the coffee maker she arched an eye brow at her, shaking her head at her sister. "You know that is not what tipped me off to you being here. You know I have eyes in the back of the head" She teased Eva with that, the joke they had had going when they were younger, and she was going to look out for her sister in a much better manner then she had back all those years ago. She wouldn't lose Eva again, she couldn't bare to. Ariella smiled softly and then left the two, going back to the kitchen to leave them alone for a moment.

Paradox

Grergori removed his arms from her waist, put his hands on her shoulders to turn her around, and looked into her eyes. "Attempting to raid the coffee pot again, my love?"

He glared at her for a moment, then went over to a notepad by the cash register and wrote in a careful, small script: "Fix coffee machine", as he said out loud "Ve don't need to purchase a new one. Every time something doesn't work around here, you simply buy zomething new!"

His accent became more prominent as he ranted on: " Ist no vonder zat ve are constantly raising the monthly expenditures in ze budget. Your business administration must not have taught you how to be conservative in zeez matters."

Realizing that he may be coming across a little harshly, he gently presses his lips against those of the woman he loved, tried to smile, and said "I'm sorry my dear. It simply irks me that you are married to a scientist who loves to fix things and figure out zeez sort of problems, yet you waste money by trashing our old equipment instead of letting me repair it."

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Spa O o fey

Eva's mouth parted in shock at her sister's response. Half tempted to throw her mug at her she glared at Ari's retreating form.. Ari must have known she was trying to avoid the admittance of her attempted crime, yet still took it upon herself to converse about it openly in front of Gregori. "What I need is a sister that doesn't tattle!" she scoffed in response to Ari's gentle discipline. A streak of immaturity went through Eva, mostly do to her bad mood. "If you have eyes in the back of your head then you can see this!" She called after her sister before sticking out her tongue childishly.

Turning towards Gregori, Eva frowned, "I just wanted to smell it..." she lied, knowing she would have drank the whole pot. Eva watched her husband shuffle about utterly vexed as his accent grew thicker. A smiled touched her lips before he kissed her. "I don't waste money..." She eyed him from under her lashes, "Remember the ice maker you tried to fix?" She poked his chest accusingly before soothing her hand over his chest.  "I was simply thinking of safety..." Eva grinned up at her husband, craning her neck to gaze at him.  "I do know a problem you can fix though..." Her expression became serious as she stared steadily at him, "Fix this pregnancy!" she began to whine, "I can't see my feet! I can't bend over!" she began to prattle off the many aches of her body, many challenges of caring his child. But, suddenly a thought occurred to her. "What's in the crate?"

Paradox

Gregori groaned at having to hear more about the pregnancy. He wanted the kid, and he wanted her to be the mother, but good lord was she ever whiny about it! Then again, she had a right to be; she was pregnant, after all.

Luckily, the clouds had opened, fate had spun her threads in a favorable pattern, and the sun's rays shone on the coffee maker: his excuse for retreating from her complaints, back into the basement. Obviously he would be there in a moment's notice if she truly needed him, but...well, the coffee machine did need fixing, after all, and she wasn't in dire straits at the moment.

Kissing her once again, he heaved the heavy coffee machine off of the counter.

"I'll- *grunt*-- explain about the crate later, darling. For now, I'm going to go fix zis infernal machine. Could you please grab ze door for me?"

Spa O o fey

Feeling a bit ignored Eva huffed. Her attention turning from the box to her husband she opened the door for him as he hefted the large coffee machine. "Fine, why don't you live down there!" she exclaimed as she only opened the door wide enough for him to get his foot in; scornful woman.

She paced back to the crate, looking at it with curiosity. Noticing it was in the middle of the floor she was left with an interesting dilemma. First, how to open it. Secondly, how to move it from the middle of her store's floor... "Men!" she breathed in exasperation.

anon

Allegro Evans pulled up to the bakery on her bike, silver bells from her messy buns chiming with every single one of her moves as she made her way down the steps, one backpack slung over her shoulders. It had taken her less than fifteen minutes from the time she rolled out of the bed to her appearance before the shop. There were some advantages to her chipmunk-like speed at doing things.

Today, she dressed simply in crimson tank top with a racer back that left the world to see the pair of angel wings peaking out. The red skirt with the petticoat rustles softly as she moved, the stripped black and white knee length socks and black Mary Jane finished the look. She tugged on her fingerless gloves, revealing the multicolor nails polish beneath it as she opened the door. Head bobbing to the songs from her MP3, she burst into the small shop, the jingle of the small bells in her hair chiming in unison with that of the one hanging above the door.

"Good morning, lovelies!" She fair chirped, completely oblivious to whatever conversation that was going on the room. The scent of powdered sugar and chocolate that seemed to follow her everywhere permeated the room. "Do I smell coffee?" She leaned against the counter, cocking her head at the scene before her.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences
Disclaimer (thanks Caeli xP): I am NOT a kitty...just...kitty-like.
"I never trust a sneaky pussy." - Paradox

Spa O o fey

At the appearance of an employee Eva looked up from the crate. "No..." she almost growled in frustration, "The coffee machine is broken." She cursed a bit.  Looking back at the box she placed a hand on her stomach thoughtfully, "Do we have a crow bar?" she asked, tilting her head with curiosity. Peering at Allegro, Evalynn smiled, "If we don't, we'll have to just break the box open..." But, how? Suddenly her face fell, sadness etching into her features as a mood swing took over her heart. "I COULD SIT ON IT!" she practically cried, "I am, after all, a fat heifer!" She choked on the last words, indicating to her stomach.. "I need some coffee.."

Wistful Dream

Vivian had left the kitchen as the sister's moved back in there, leaving them to their own devices for the time being, strolling out into the main area for the moment, sipping at the hot chocolate Ari had made. She didn't like the taste of coffee overly much and it seemed just out right cruel to drink in front of Eva theses days. However when her rather odd little friend and fellow employee Allegro entered she found herself smiling at the girls twist on their outfit with the racer top. Granted she was wearing thigh highs just like the other female, her's however had green bows at the top of them.

"mmm, yes you do. But I wouldn't say that word around the boss for the moment, a bit cranky this morning apparently. What held you up silly?" She inquired, lounging against the counter behind the bank, laughing softly as her eyes drifted back to the fairy girl she had been working on earlier, one she had based off Allegro actually. "Looks like my interpretation for you is welcoming you as well little one." She commented softly, as the fairy was in fact waving and jumping up and down excitedly.

anon

"A talking dog woke me up from my dreams and it took me exactly ten minutes to figure out if I was dreaming or not." Ally answered without even batting an eyelash at her boss's bemoaning of her weight. She turned to the pregnant woman. "Don't worry, boss, it looks good on you? And what did we say about you drinking coffee?" She was fond of the slighter older woman, and was already beginning to form a strong bond with the unborn child. Having been an only child, she had never had a chance to see the development of the entire pregnancy and had endured the other woman's mood swings with more interest than anything else. "Tell you what, I'll see if I can come up with some coffee toffee today."

She turned to the fairy in the picture and imitated the girl for a few minutes, before the fairy stopped for a minute, puzzled. Ally giggled and blew a kiss at the picture and watched the kiss blown back. "You're amazing, Vi. Might freak some people out though."
Ons/Offs ~ Absences
Disclaimer (thanks Caeli xP): I am NOT a kitty...just...kitty-like.
"I never trust a sneaky pussy." - Paradox

Wistful Dream

Vi shrugged one shoulder, lounging against the counter with completely ease as she glanced at the mural, idly twining a lock of her silky black hair around a slender finger. "Meh, if they do its not like we would want them as regulars here any way." She lifted her mug and took another drink of it, glancing at Ally with a slight smile, her green eyes glittering in the so far slightly dim lighting of the little shop.

"Besides, if they see you my creations won't matter a bit." Her nose wrinkled then, it was clear she was joking even as her eyes went back to the mural in time to see a hummingbird fly around for a brief moment. It was always interesting to see the animation of the creations there when there was down time at work. "Seems like today is going to be a slow one though."

Johus

Johus was the sort of man who caused silence when he entered, a cold air permeating around him, deterring some and calling out to others. Walking stick in his hand as he entered, the silver topped cane snapped against the ground as the well dressed man looked over those gathered in that location. He seemed utterly out of place, his clothing spoke of nobility, though it had a certain modernity too it, looking like a nineteenth century robber baron, lacking only a monocle and top hat. The well made made clothing was obviously tailored to him, but few would ever notice, as his eyes that rested with those angular looking features would take all the attention, as well as the breath from some weaker spirited persons.

No color, no shape, no definition, not even hollow sockets where those orbs must have been. Instead there is black, an endless sea of oblivion, seeming to fall forever, as if his eyes were windows to the abyss itself, or reflections of a soul utterly tainted. Most would find such a sight unsettling, and his gaze never seemed to move; no pupils to shift or glance about, it was a mystery if he could see at all. Soon enough it was obvious as that gaze passed over those gathered there with a cold shiver up and down the spine, as if a chill wind followed. The smile on his face was utterly indulgent, as if the scent of baked goods and other sweets were of great temptation to the odd looking creature, how now slowly looked over the options offered.

He might have seen the strange decor, or it might have been missed utterly as he let his feet move throughout the various counters, seeing what they offered. While he might appear to simply be browsing as any other customer, he had a sort of intensity that infused his actions, as if memorizing at least generally what this place had to offer. He would smile politely when approached, nodding in greeting to anyone who passed, placing his hands behind his back as he did, as if affording even a servant girl politeness and respect. At first glance one would think he was everything vile and wrong with the world... however his actions quickly demonstrated he was more then appearances offered. In no hurry to be helped, he would let those conversations carry on, content to watch and listen, taking in all the information both great and small he could of this new location.

Spa O o fey

Eva grumbled thoughtfully, eyeing the crate with a look of disdain in her crystal eyes. Conversation carried on around her, but she was already feeling tired from the weight of the child and her emotions. Sleeping had become increasingly difficult these days, as the child in her womb was rather active.

But, as the bells sang of a costumer Eva sighed. Feeling embarrassed that there was a large conspicuous box in the middle of the room. Not to mention, with an early partron, she assumed that they would want coffee too.

Crystal eyes turned towards the man. Her pink lips stretched into a smile, "Hello" she greeted prettily, trying to hide her soured mood, as well as the box as she stepped in front of it. "Welcome to my store. Can I help you?" She wasn't sure if her employee were on the clock yet, but she made a mental note of perhaps opening sooner to allow more time to prepare.

Johus

The strange man turned and looked at her with an expression that nearly defied description; as if an adult were attempting to make sense of a childs' nonsense question. His head canted and he did not mock nor deprecate, merely did he take the site of her in her mood in. Of course it seemed as if she were in no mood to deal with such a situation, and quickly he drew himself up and nodded deeply to her, free hand across his chest as he performed the motion adequately, lest she be a royal. He seemed to take no note of the necessities of maintaining her shop, be it a grumbling worker or a box in the middle of the room.

"From one looking so unhappy as you, I would expect the inverse question Goodmiss. What possibly could I do for you to make your mood seem better?" He paused in speech and looked her over, though his eyes never seemed to move... she could simply feel the way they rolled over her skin, taking in every detail, every indication, from the strain in how she stood to the lines of annoyance that marred her features early that morn.

"Though if you insist, I would enjoy a cup of tea, and, if you have the time, a conversation. Far be it from me to impose myself upon you, good miss, but you seem in need of distracting company, if I might be so bold as to say. I mean no offense, I promise lady, and if you are other wise occupied, I will not be insulted."

The smile upon his lips was either playful or malicious; impossible to tell at that moment which it truly was. He appeared every inch the noble villain, his long black hair oiled and pulled into a perfect tail, with not one fiber out of place. His clothing was similarly cared for and maintained, not so much as a blemish detected, and not so much as a single stitch out of place in spite of the complexity of the weave used in its creation.

Spa O o fey

Blue eyes widened, the smile still tugging at the corner of her lips as Eva listened to his speech. Oval face tilting to the side, she looked him from head to foot. Her first greeting was not at all individual one could even say it was scripted. However, now as he moved beyond the idea of a coin in her purse, she let her eyes linger over him.

A contemplative light entered her gaze. Shaking her head at him slightly she finally responded after an extended silence, "Ah, but Sir, I am the service, you are the patron." She stated obviously as she crooked a finger, "I do not find myself paying for your time."

Lifting her chin she gazed at him from under her lashes as a small laugh rolled through her like a purr. A pleasant tone filled her voice, sweet and tempting like honey, "It's not that I am not happy, Sir, but I find discomfort in everyday activities." A delicate hand indicated to her stomach as she spoke. Her golden head bent as her sight shifted to her swollen midsection. "Tea would be nice, I think." She smiled, feeling the craving curl into her. Even as she turned away from him she was muttering, "I suppose, I'll get you some along the way, as well." It was obvious why the woman had hired employees. She had no tact. Yes, she could run the business, but as for basic interaction she lacked certain communication skills. Or perhaps, her curt nature was due to her current circumstance.

As she ventured past the counter to grab some cups she looked at him again. "You're welcome to have a seat...What kind of tea did you say?" Eva was sure he had not been specific, but then, her mind was waning these days.

Johus

He listened politely and chuckled when she had indicated to her swollen stomach.  He nodded when appropriate and took a seat when asked, seeming in no real hurry at all as he let his eyes flow around this place. He showed no real interest in the shop itself, but through observation he noticed it was clean and neat, ordered and kept up. All of this told him about her, and how much she must truely despise being in that state.

"I had not said at all, as I have learned most women know the sorts of tea they like, and I am partial myself to such black teas that make most ladies recoil at the mere thought of it. A nice herbal blend might do well for this morning however, and far less distasteful to my company, I would hope."

He had obviously missed her desire for coffee, else he would have bit his tongue, though such was the fate of most every male, no matter what race or demeanor, to stick his foot in his mouth when in the presence of a woman, and be utterly unaware. His smile told of his own ignorance as he studied upon her condition, seeming to enjoy being around her, though most would try to avoid someone as cranky as the woman.

"Perchance I might offer you a thought, and give you some consideration. I once met a girl who bore no children, no matter how...eager... her efforts. you can also believe me when I say, she did not confine her efforts to her husbands bedchamber, if you catch my meaning. Suffice to say she had a ruined reputation before too very long had passed, and before she was tried as a witch, she had attempted to steal a child from one of her neighbors. Even on the stand all she could do was scream for her child, sobbing and broken. You... you never will know that pain... you will never suffer as she did, and in that you are blessed, my dear. I know stories as this are told every day, but do stop and really consider. In spite of the minor inconvenience, you are blessed and blessed once more."

He paused after his words, not wanting to offend her, having no desire to imply she was ungracious, only reminding her of how fortunate she was, relative to others. He would smile and remain seated, though his smile seemed reflective, the story obviously true to some degree, or he was a fine actor to display such a subtle response after the story... with one such as him there was no means to be sure.

Spa O o fey

Evalynn kept her back towards him as she nodded, listening to his voice as the words echoed in her own mind. Busying herself with the task before her it wasn't long before she was finished. It appeared the woman was very efficient in time management. Strolling with unlikely grace towards his seat with two plain ceramic mugs she betowed upon him a most solemn expression.

Placing the herbal tea before him she slid her own cup to the side, made of sweeter components. Sliding into the plain wooden chair she shifted her hips. Finding it difficult to get comfortable she attempted to scoot closer to the table. She was petite woman after all and therefore, leaning forward was not only impractical, but impolite. Eva's mouth twisted downward in disappointment as her eyes portrayed perplexion. How was one to  sit properly at a table when leaden with a child? A soft sigh escaped her as she leaned back, bringing the tea to her instead. The pressure in her lower back eased as her slight shoulders pressed against the back panel of the chair.

Resting the cup delicately on her stomach she appreciated its heat against her skin. Giving a slight nod, "Yes, I know well of the story you speak of..." Dipping her finger idly in her tea to test its warmth she frowned, licking the liquid away from the digit. "But, also keep in mind the effort of carrying a child, the effort of bearing the child. To be concerned, that even in these efforts that the child would still die. Some women die as well. More so, as raising a child is delightful, parents take it upon theirselves to bare the failure or.. rather choices their offspring make as their own lack of parenting skill.." She paused, taking a moment to smooth over a springy curl. "But, do not mistake my mood for unhappiness at my state. More so, the situational effects of it sour me."

Evalynn gave him a daring smile, "But, also don't mistake my speech as relevant to myself at all. I am very confident in my health, my child's and my skill in raising the child. As is, I'm sure--my husband. However, I just find a need to contradict you."

Johus

He chuckled and shook his head, listening to her own reply intently, though he seemed to grow just a little more alive as she drew closer to him. He did his best to hide his reply to the way she licked her finger, the subtle suggestion forced his lips to curl as his mind swam for a moment with thoughts wholly unsuited to a gentleman. His grin seemed genuine as he replied, sipping his tea carefully, even as she had checked it... he was always cautious of such things, not wanting to drench her in hot liquid after all.

"Conversations continue only through continual contradiction. Such a strange paradox that two people can only "carry on" a talk, so long as they are disagreeing, lest the conversation soon fade to naught. A curious quality of language, don't you think, Good miss?"

He took another sip of his drink before he replied to her initial comment, not wanting to stray too far from the topic they were on. His manners were smooth and elegant, he did not slurp his tea like most men, but took sips one would expect from a noble or other such aristocratic stock. He was every inch the rich man, with sharp, angular, eastern European features one could call aristocratic, or other things were they inclined to insult the man.

"You understand through your perspective, as you have that gift. Others never can have that, and as such, will turn it into an ideal. Truth be told is that most enjoy fixating their attentions upon the negative qualities of existence, quite ignoring the pleasantness. Life, existence, simply to be, that is a joy, a treasure. Your child, its life is so vibrant and fresh... so swimming with possibilities denied to I and you. so different even as it is the same... becoming, and yet already there...."

He stared at the bulge of her stomach, as if it were a master work, some kind of art that only he could see, watching with a strange sort of wonder. Soon he would realize he was staring, and shake his head fast, returning his attentions to the lady herself, rather then eying her belly. There was no malice, no intent to cause harm, only a dreamers joy as his mind raced momentarily with the sheer volume of what could be, contained within her body.

Spa O o fey

Evalynn felt her mood lifting as she drank her tea. The temperature soothing to her, the sweetness replacing her unexplainable craving for caffeine. She gave a small huff of laughter at his observation of conversation. The laugh seem to catch in her throat as she swallowed her beverage, her eyebrows lifting. "Yes, a very curious quality of language." She bubbled with small laughter again, as an after thought occurred to her, "Though, if that is entirely true, I would have better communication with my husband!" It wasn't a harsh statement as there was endearmeant laced in her teasing tone.

Putting her cup down on the table she soothed her fingers over the rim thoughtfully. "Ideals are a wonderful goal to stride for. As long as one can face disappointment, or rather.. acknowledge the feats they have accomplished along the way. It's almost as if you say Ideal is a negative negative aspect of human thought..." Pausing, she glanced at her long fingers, studying the digits curiously as she curled them. Her gaze seemed far off for a moment.  "I dare say, I agree. Though, negatives can be humbling and overwhelming--often complicated, in hind-sight.. " She shrugged a shoulder casually, "I find that negatives bring about positives as long as one can accept them as such."

"Yes.. full of life, indeed." Smiling she propped her elbows on the table as her gaze shifted back to him, noticing for a brief moment that he was staring at her stomach much the same way her husband did. Her glee escalated as the corners of her lips tweaked up more, "Where do you hail from?"