An idea or two.

Started by Jagdflieger, April 25, 2007, 01:48:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jagdflieger

Okay, I've been away from this site for what seems like forever. I lost the will to roleplay for a while, but hopefully this will get me back into the swing of things. I've been wanting to use a character of mine forever, but never found the right opportunity. I'll give you an overview of him and type up the few ideas I've had for him. If you like one of the ideas, go for it. If you have a different idea, run it by me.

Thomas Wittmann - Thomas is the odd man out as a German Dane in an Italian mob family. Despite his heritage, he has a high status in the Marcegiano family, the rank of capo. He started out extorting businesses, something he still does occasionally when his men aren't looking for orders. His favorite pastime, though, is visiting the brothel rackets, especially in his native Brooklyn. This pastime is ruled out in Sundays and sometimes other days of the week when he can be found visiting any neighborhood church.

Idea One: The year is 1946, a full year after Thomas has come home from WWII. He is only recently promoted to capo. He makes his rounds to the brothel rackets and eventually arrives at Lola's Ladies, a racket run by Lola van Buren. Upon his arrival, he searches for his favorite girl. This girl has a soft spot for mafiosos, though no one's ever asked her exactly why. Any other details about her are yours to conjure up. The favorite would be my partner's preferred role, but you are free to play anyone else in the racket you like. I've got Lola covered.

Idea Two: Again, the year is 1946. It is a Sunday and Thomas can be found in St. Michael the Archangel Church, one normally designated for catholics. However, being a Lutheran doesn't seem to stop him. While there, he meets a girl from out-of-state. She is a bit younger than he is, possibly in her early to mid twenties, and naive to boot. She had heard stories of the mafia running New York City from her extended family, but never managed to come in contact with it. Then again, she wouldn't know if she had.

I would prefer a partner that can be at least slightly accurate historically. I'm not going to gripe about knowledge level as long as it's believable. Any takers?
"The true measure of a hero is when a man lays down his life knowing the people whom he saves... will never know."
Ons and Offs