grdell's Weight Loss Blog - Week 11

Started by grdell, May 30, 2011, 08:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grdell

Okay, a lot has happened these past few days which is what has caused me to not post. But, on the flip side, I am 100% positive that it will help out!

I finally got a job! The reason this will help is that it provides the external structure of regular hours upon which to hang my gym time and my diet considerations.

Today's workout on the Gravity machine was good, but my eating habits have been all over the place these last couple of days... I've been "celebrating" ever since I got the news. Well, can you blame me? Being unemployed for six months is pretty damn stressful and the magnitude of good news is going to have its effect, too.

I start next week, and that means that spotty gym attendance will be fixed and my diet will be forced back on track. I expect that solid results will soon follow. Week 11's first post will either bear me out or make a liar out of me. We'll find out together!
"A million people can call the mountains a fiction, yet it need not trouble you as you stand atop them." ~XKCD

My Kinsey Scale rating: 4; and what that means in terms of my gender identity. My pronouns: he/him.

My Ons and Offs, current stories, story ideas, Apologies and Absences - Updated 28 Jan 2024.

Kuroneko

Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

grdell

I'd like to think of this as "Phase 2" or "Stage 2" or whatever term you want to use. I am back on track with a vengeance now that I have a framework to give structure to my life again. So I'll start off with revised starting figures:

Weight: 218 pounds (down 12 pounds from the original start 9 weeks ago)
Waist: 46 inches (down two inches from the original start)

I did a full cardio workout this morning which I haven't done in a while and am sticking to my diet come hell or high water today and the rest of this week. Last week I really went crazy celebrating the new job by overeating entirely too much and now I have to make up that lost progress.

Here we go again. Hopes high. I am GOING to make this work.
"A million people can call the mountains a fiction, yet it need not trouble you as you stand atop them." ~XKCD

My Kinsey Scale rating: 4; and what that means in terms of my gender identity. My pronouns: he/him.

My Ons and Offs, current stories, story ideas, Apologies and Absences - Updated 28 Jan 2024.

grdell

Yes, I haven't posted in a while. Yes, last week was a mistake and a lot of assumptions were made. Last week was insane busy with it being my first week back to work AND tech week for the play. But now the play is over and I can settle into the routine I really wasn't ready for then.

I began interval training to improve my cardio strength today. Yes, today and not yesterday. Why? Because yesterday I needed a day of utter and absolute rest after the weekend.

So yeah. Interval training. I knew about it, but I didn't know how hard it really is. I sweat like a fiend. I'm hoping to achieve good results, though, if everything I've read about it is true. Plus, my new job is on the third floor, and I prefer to take the stairs. Every little bit helps, after all. So, results posting as they happen, I promise.

Oniya

You'd be surprised how much those little things add up.  I convinced my roommate to tally up how much sugar she was actually using in her coffee, and the number scared her so much that she started cutting back - now down to 3 tbsp a day.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17