Starlight Village (A Harvest Moon RP) [MUL]

Started by Kai, July 11, 2008, 02:18:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kai

Knowledge of Harvest Moon is not required! All one must know is that it takes place in a world without cars and guns, before heavy machinery and everything is done my hand. However, we still have TVs as large as 50", but not plasma. Phone service is also available. This is just a world where Farming is the basis of everything. As long as you can play a good Bartender, Shopkeep, or Farmer, then you're good enough to join.

Never thought you'd see this would you? It's a Harvest Moon RP! Let's see if it goes anywhere. Also, we won't just be limited to humans this time. I don't think it would hurt to have the odd half-animal in here, the ones with just the ears and tail.

Starlight Village is a beautiful village. To the north is a large mountain covered with trees and rocks. On top of the mountain, one could get a good view of the moon high in the sky and the sunset at night.

Halfway up the mountain is a large hotspring where one could go and relax. As well as the Carpenter's, where one would could go to get an expansion of their facilities.

Along the path towards the mountain is a walkway to a large spring, the Harvest Goddess' Spring. If one was to throw a fresh crop in, and if they were lucky, they would get to see the Goddess and receive her blessings.
At the bottom of the path is the village.

Next to the north exit was the church, where one could pray to the Goddess and repent for their sins. Across from the church was the Mayor's house, not much needs to be said.

In the west area of the village was all the stores and important buildings. The Grocery Store, the Hospital, the Library, Flower Shop, General Store and Blacksmith.

The East area led to the farms run by the many villagers. They farmers chose what they wanted to look after, wheat, vegetables, fruits, orchard, or animals.

In the South was the beach. The beach was a common place for the villagers, it had a beach house which also served as a fishing and tackle shop, a dock one could fish of off, and... lots of sand and water...

The center of the village was the common ground. The main part of it was taken up by the village square, where most of the festivals were held such as a Harvest Festival, Horse Races, Cooking Contests, and much more. To the east of the square was a large Bar that was only open at night, and to the west was the Inn, where guests would visit.

The village is open to new farmers and guest all the time.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Things here will be slightly different. This is a large farming town and every villager must play their part. We will need people who still believe, and those who have lost faith in the Goddess. This one will use a profile system to remain organized. Anything goes here, except physical fighting. As tempting as it is to attack someone with your Axe or Sickle, please don't. No immense amount of gore, though injuries through weapons is fine.

Each villager plays their part. Whether it's running a store, being the doctor, harvesting crops, or taking care of the animals. What you do will be posted here. I ask that you follow the Profile guidelines in the code.

[b]Name:[/b](Character Name)
[b]Age:[/b](Anything over the age of 16)
[b]Gender:[/b](Male or Female?)
[b]Appearance:[/b](What your character looks like)
[b]Personality:[/b](What is your character like?)
[b]Occupation:[/b](How do you contribute to the village? What do you do in the village? (General Shop, Orchard, Ranch Owner, Beach House, etc.)
[b]Love Interest:[/b](Who do you like, if any?)
[b]Sexuality:[/b](Bi, Straight, Gay?)

The Profiles

Name: Isaac
Appearance: Short brown hair, green eyes, about 6'2, wears blue jeans and a black T-shirt. Muscular build.
Personality: Usually a very happy person. Isaac enjoys to have fun and spend time with the villagers. He hasn't missed a festival in years and has no intentions of ever missing one! He loves to meet new people and is very outgoing.
Love Interest: No one yet
Sexuality: Straight

Name: Kera
Appearance: Long flowing black hair, 5'2, she usually wears a full-body dress with a short skirt. Very nice proportionate figure.
Personality: Very shy except to the people she knows well. Kera loves flowers and jewelery. She is easily flustered, but very respectful and would never do anything to hurt a person in anyway. She is far more outgoing with her friends and may even seem like a completely different person all-together.
Love Interest: None as of yet
Sexuality: Bi

The Jobs and Villagers
Mayor - Lady Ysabelle
Grocery Store -
Flower Shop - Kera
General Shop -
Bakery -
Ranch -
Inn - Shatelia
Bar/Chicken Farm - Olivia
Beach House -
Library - Amzer
Hospital -
Blacksmith - Isaac
Church -
Carpenter -
Farm/Ranch - Xavier

Amzer

Haha, let's see if this goes anywhere.

Name:Amzer
Appearance:A medium sized mass of unkempt black hair, round face with pointed chin. Round nose and big round black eyes. Wears a pair of black trousers and a green shirt, a pair of round glasses sitting over his eyes.
Personality:Laid back and easily distracted, oblivious of things that happen around him unless they directly affect him. Somewhat naive.
Love Interest:n/a
Sexuality:Straight

Could work, except I don't know how yet.

Kai

I think it could. I mean, everyone's given total freedom, it's basically a real-life RP, but based on a Simulation Game.

Kai

Wow. I guess no one's interested huh? Might as well ask to have it deleted then so it's not taking up space... :(

Chat Noir

I'm tentatively interested. I'd like to discuss further after the weekend if you're still up for it?
If you've been missing me please see my thread here.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones...
...but whips and chains excite me."

Ons and Offs
My Roleplays:
Dirty Little Secret|Mystery Men - Unsung Superheroes

Kai

Yes, well, maybe with a bit of luck, there might be more interest soon. I need to point out that knowledge of Harvest Moon is NOT needed. All one needs to know is that it takes place in a world without cars and guns and Farming is the basis of life. As long as a person is capable of playing a mayor or flower shop owner, or pub owner, or Inn owner, etc, it's quite possible to do. Don't let the fact that it's based on a game get to ya.

MadPanda

Name:Lady Ysabelle
Appearance: Long black hair, flashing black eyes, tall and lean, with modest endowments displayed to their best effect by flatteringly well-tailored dresses.
Personality: Cool and businesslike in public, with a thinly disguised streak of intellectual arrogance.  In private, she is still quite guarded, but can show moments of either surprising tenderness or wanton cruelty, depending on her mood.
Love Interest: Currently between relationships
Sexuality: Bi, with a well-known but never openly mentioned preference for younger women.
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

Shatelia

Well, to take the words out of Chat Noir's lips, 'I am tentatively interested'.  In that I know nothing Harvest Moon, but would love for a setting to put Midnight Rose's Tavern.  This would have my character Shatelia playing the part of 'Inn Keeper' *grins*

This is connection to tavern/character :
Midnight Rose's Tavern

Let me know what you think. 
(heading out to work now...back online in about 8 hrs)
MIDNIGHT ROSE'S TAVERN ~ MAIN IDEA/OOC ~ CHARACTERS
IC RP AREAS (connections in MAIN)> PUB/DINING ~ GARDENS ~ GARDEROBE ~ PLEASURE ROOMS 
Shatelia's O/O

Kai

Sounds good. You can set up your in or House however you like, as long as it doesn't have anything that isn't suitable for the era.

WyzardWhately

I love the Harvest Moon games so much it hurts.

This one seems to be in a setting without any of the elements of Rune Factory, though.  No spells, magic books, or fighting monsters down in the mines?

I'm, also, "tentatively interested."

Speaking of non-humans, there's probably room for the various fairies and multitude of goddesses that have appeared in the games, right?
Look!  I have an ons and offs list now!  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13580.0
It's still really sketchy, though.
Here are my dice rolls: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/player/WyzardWhately/

Kai

I have not played Rune Factory, so I don't really know much about it. Though we may be able to work something in...

Fairies and ONE Goddess is fine.

Chat Noir

I haven't played rune factory either.

I'm rather fond of a mundie storyline without too much too it. The simple act of wooing another while going about your day-to-day life is relaxingly appealing to me.

Ons and Offs
My Roleplays:

LordAnubis

Seeing this game is making me want to break out my DS and play harvest moon again.

I'm getting intrested, just curious do you only want villagers or is a Farmer or two available too?

MadPanda

Not to speak for Kai, 'Nube, but I'm pretty sure Farmers are okay  :)
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

LordAnubis

I figured being harvest Moon, just saw the listing of slots, and didn't see a farmer one, so I wanted to make sure he didn't want to keep it just within the village.

Kai

There is no farmer list because there would be too many to list. You can be a specialty farmer, only doing fruits and vegetables, or only running a ranch, or you can do a bit of everything. But farmers are most welcome. The sooner everyone posts a profile, the sooner we can get started.

LordAnubis

Name: Xavier
Appearance: Short Black hair, green eyes, about 6'3, wears heavy canvas or denium pants and durable shirts. Muscular build and a tan skin, someone who has spent a long time on the farm.
Personality: A rather hard working person, the family farm was only half the size it currently is before he took over.  It started as a small ranch, but he has been expanding it recently trying to increase space to grow crops as well
Love Interest: No one yet
Sexuality: Straight

Kai

Well, that's officially 5 residents, though I think we're waiting on another 4...

Chat Noir

Is Amzer still an active poster? I'll let you decide what that means.

If not I'm interested in the library.

If so I'll take the General store.

I'll wait until your decision to post a character.

Also... are multiple characters okay?

Ons and Offs
My Roleplays:

Shatelia

Name: Shatelia Rose
Appearance:  Stands 5’4”, long hip length black hair, with red high lights.  Well curved hips and bust, but a petite waist, which could easily be spanned by two healthy male hands.  Although short of stature, her legs are very long and shapely.  Her skin is flawless from top to toe and is unmarked as the day she was born.  Lilac eyes  which change through various shade of lilac, amethyst and lavenders, based on her moods.
Personality:  Very outgoing, bubbly, vivacious and flirtatious.  She is one of those people who is always touching, caressing, or even hugging those that she is about, but never means anything by it, she was just raised in a family that openly showed affection. 
Love Interest: No special ONE, free-spirited
Sexuality: Mostly Straight ( Possible bi based on situations/desires/moods)
IC RP AREAS (connections in MAIN)> PUB/DINING ~ GARDENS ~ GARDEROBE ~ PLEASURE ROOMS 
Shatelia's O/O

Kai

Well, for now, just take the General Store, and yes multiple characters are allowed, as I have done myself.

Hmm... If I don't get things started up today, it will start by 5 PM tomorrow as I am waiting on those who have yet to submit a profile.

Samhain

I like this idea and would love to play if it is still happening.

Name:Olivia Hain
Appearance:Jet black hair and green eyes. Olivia is a little taller then most girls but not by more then an inch or so. She usually can be seen wearing a simple shirt and pants with an apron tided around her waist. One would have the idea that she is rough around the edges. She is always chewing on something, it could be wheat or grass, but she always has to be chewing.
Personality:Olivia keeps to herself. She does her job and goes home at the end of the day. What she is really like is actually a mystery to most because of her recluse nature. However how it boils down to is Olivia just doesn't know how to interact with humans very well. She fumbles and reaches for a handle on situations. The only time she doesn't convey this is when she is working. The bar helps keep her mind off her nervousness and thus provides a little safe haven away from her house. However even in the bar she hardly talks.
Occupation:She is a bartender but also raises small lifestock like chickens.
Love Interest:None as the point
Sexuality:Bi, however she leans more toward men.

Kai

Well, we have a good amount of people. I shall start things up. Those who have not posted a profile but still wish to take part, go ahead. The village is always open to new residents.

It is posted here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19392.0

WyzardWhately

Sorry, I'm back.  Real life distracted me for a bit.  I'm interested in playing this game, also interested in importing some of the more fantasy/adventure-y elements from Rune Factory...but I'm worried that their inclusion might distort the feel of the game, and I am very apprehensive about doing that.  So, expect a PM from me once I put my thoughts in order on the matter.  Sorry I disappeared, again.
Look!  I have an ons and offs list now!  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13580.0
It's still really sketchy, though.
Here are my dice rolls: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/player/WyzardWhately/

Chat Noir

Name: Audrina
Appearance: Audrina has long white-blonde hair and wide blue eyes. She is of even proportions in an hourglass shape, wearing a pale blue, knee-length dress with knee-high socks most of the time.
Personality: Audrina is quiet but sweet, she likes animals and flowers. She is easy to make blush or turn flustered.
Love Interest: No one as of yet
Sexuality: Straight unless drunk

Ons and Offs
My Roleplays:

Shatelia

My apologies.... to those who care  :D but unfortunately I have decided that my Tavern and the small farming village were not compatable.

Thus I will not be joining ya'll in THIS rp, but I hope to cross play paths with you all in the future. 

Thanks,
Sha

Ps ~ Tavern is open for business here (https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=346.0) if you would like to stop in. :D
All are welcome! 
Shatelia's O/O

Karasu

This still up? if it is I may just join, I've got my own going as well soo ya lets see ^^
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.