Champions Interest Check (all OC Superheroes campaign)

Started by Empyrean, October 19, 2013, 10:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Empyrean

Well, at least we'll all be rookies together. :)

apygoos

I play Champions Online [which is your cannon 6th edition Champions]
I have extensive knowledge of the lore, but the HERO system itself I'm not too familiar with, so id be going in blind too.

Empyrean

Then I'll have a character sheet up in the next couple of days and we can get this show on the road! More members are still welcome, of course. :)

Callie Del Noire

I wouldn't mind hopping in on a M&M take on it.  I have those books. I never got champions at all

Empyrean

Alright, so here's what's I'm thinking for the timeline of the game's world.

The world in general is like the modern world as we know it. There haven't been costumed superheroes active and superhumans in general are unknown. However, there is magic. Most people and governments don't know it but some magicians have existed hidden amongst society. Three organizations: the malevolent Circle of the Scarlet Moon, DEMON, as well as the benevolent Trismegistus Council have been active within the past couple of centuries, though their clashes and triumphs have largely occured without the world knowing of them.

Februrary 1, 2012: A strange transmission breaks across all terrestrial and satelite television, radio, and the internet. It depicts the world on March 1 of that year. It's a world conquered by alien (quiphothic) creatures. A world where Luther Black, founder of DEMON, has suceeded in releasing the alien Kings of Edom and becoming one of them. Humanity is overwhelmed. A frantic man appears in the broadcast and reveals what has happened and pleads for the world to stop Black before this future comes to pass. Then the transmission abruptly cuts out. The world at large dismisses this as an elaborate hoax or the work of some demented hacker. The Trismegistus Council, a society of benevolent mages, took the message seriously and spent the next month hammering DEMON hard across the world and dragging them into the public spotlight.

February 29, 2012: Luther Black attempts his ritual to summon the Kings of Edom and become one of them in Mexico City. The Trismegistus Council and the Mexican military interrupt him. An enormous battle takes place, and in the end, Luther Black's ritual fails. The centuries-old sorcerer is last seen being dragged away screaming as his failed summoning drags him into the prison-dimension of the Kings of Edom. The rift closes with an explosion visible for miles. A large swath of Trismegistus Council members, DEMON members, and Mexican troops are killed in the explosion. The world is unaware of the fact that the levels of magic have drastically and sudden risen in the world.

December 21, 2012: What's left of DEMON attempts to harness the magic of the end of the Mayan calendar. The surviving Council members and agents stop them, though half die in the process. The levels of magic increase even further.

March 1, 2013: The first superhumans begin to realize they have powers.

November 2013: Present-day.

So that's the idea. Your characters, whether mutants whose powers were activated by the rising tide of magic, or super-mages, or what have you, have just begun discovering their abilities within the past year and now it's up to them to decide what having power means and what they'll do with their new abilities in a changing world.

Character sheets are of standard Superheroic build (400 points). The sheet can be found here for reference: https://www.herogames.com/get/Hero%20System%206th%20Edition%20Character%20Sheet.pdf

Again, thank you for your interest and please post suggestions you have. I want to make this fun for all.

Yukina

Good thing I have a character creator to make this easier. :)

apygoos

*wishes we could just use Champions Online, because he has no idea where to start with that sheet*

Empyrean

How is Champions Online different?

apygoos

>.>.
theres no character sheets like this..you build your own character, gaining powers and whatnot till level 40 [max].
I also have a roster full of heroes on there in RP groups and circles and everything lol >.< im just unfamiliar with the actual hero system, though i know tons of lore. like what you described with Luther Black is an in-game adventure pack [well 2 in some ways] Demonflame and Aftershock

Empyrean

Please PM me the details. I'd like to know more. It might make it easier for online play.

MasterMischief

If that does not work out, Empyrean, I will volunteer my services to help people create characters.

Empyrean

Thank you. I appreciate that. :)

Latooni Subota

Tentatively interested, pending a GM showing up. >.>
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Empyrean

I'm willing to be the GM for the game, since it was my idea. :)

Yukina

Could you post link to a PDF for the rules?

apygoos

finding 6th edition champions...
okay this link iwll look shady as fuck
http://dickseverywhere.net/hero/6th/DOJHERO%201100%20-%20Champions%3B%20Champions%206e.pdf
but this is Champions  Universe, from what i understand, everything you need to know. i just never learned about stats and whatnot. i just know the lore.

Yukina

Sadly, I will have to drop out. I am able to export my sheet properly to work in this.

Empyrean

Would it be easier for you Yugi if we dropped the point system and focused more on a freeform character creation method?

MasterMischief

What character creation software are you using, Yugishogun?

apygoos

i wouldn't be objectional to a freeform system, but if you were to stick with the system i could try and learn it, either way, at least one of my champions roster is coming over here.

Muse

Oh, wow!  A Champions game!  Am I too late? 

I own the last three editions.  I've not really played it, certainly not in the last 15 years, but I used it for character models for a novel I once wrote. 

I'd love to play, especially a super mage.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

apygoos

out of my roster:
Mid-Knight: a nightwing inspired vigilante, the boy billionaire has no powers, bostaff martial arts/gadgeteer are his ways of going about.
Jaguar: quintessential Speedster
Nevermore: super intelligent power armor user
Sphinx: a lion manimal from Monster Island who can show you single handedly why Dr. Moreau doesnt bother trying to make Lion manimals anymore

those are the ones i think are most developed and best for this setting.

Empyrean

Muse: Feel free to play! A supermage sounds great! :)

Apygoos: Mid-Knight, Jaguar, and Nevermore sound good. Just keep in mind that if you go with Nevermore, he'd very possibly be the first powered-armor user in the setting. I'm not sure Sphinx would fit since Monster Island doesn't exist here.

apygoos

the fact that it would be the first wouldn't help his ego at all. his current character makes him self proclaimed best at all things tech and medical, very Tony Stark in Nature. ill have to see what others come up with before i decide on what to go with.

also you do realize the Empyreans are a race in Champions arent you? :P a race of almost god-like beings that have kept to themselves. [a good concept for any supermanish/thorish characters]

Yukina

Quote from: MasterMischief on October 31, 2013, 03:02:13 PM
What character creation software are you using, Yugishogun?

Hero System