Da Games, Boss, Da Games [UN, MUL]

Started by CassandraNova, August 11, 2008, 03:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CassandraNova

Current Story Offerings:

Title:  Always Outside, Looking In
Premise:  After an eternity as a creature of the Unseelie Court, my character experiences an epiphany after seeing something in the human world as simple as a newborn child laugh, or a young couple embrace lovingly.  Unable to forget the experience, my character becomes entranced by all things human, and frustrated by her own inability to understand what she had always regarded as mere playthings.  She decides to come to Earth and live as a human for a year and a day.
Setting:  Modern day Earth
Requirements:  I'd like the game to begin with my character encountering a companion and guide to the human world, an ordinary man or woman whose life is open for something other to come in.
Further details can be negotiated if I find an interested second party.  Whether the story is optimistic and romantic, and love develops between the mortal and the fae, or if it becomes more grim as my character's sinister nature corrupts her partner into something nearly as dark as herself, is up to where we want to take it.

Title:
  The Price We Pay
Premise: My character is the queen over a vast and powerful realm, who rules with a just hand for the prosperity and betterment of all her lands and people.  She also has a terrible secret; she traded her throne and her rule from it by bargaining a single week each year of her life as the slave of a powerful figure from the Netherworld; a demon or devil seldom invoked by mortals precicely because of the high price he extracts for his favors.
Once again, it is time to pay the heavy price for her throne, and be taken back to the Netherworld in chains for abuse and suffering.
Setting: This is going to be a magical dungeon scene, but given the otherworldly nature of the other character, it can be as unfettered by reality as we'd care to make it.  The game will take place over the course of the week she spends in her Master's keep.
Requirements:  Looking for someone to play her Master, who can be male, female, both, or neither to push the envelope of what I'm comfortable with in an S&M scene.  Looking for someone who can take erotic suffering up to 11, and leave my character feeling like she's been through Hell for a week. My Ons and Offs and my Rabbit Hole list can be a good place to look for inspiration, but I'd love to work with someone with a flair for this type of story and really make a wonderful time of it.  I want the challenge of a new experience, so we may stumble and trip as we find the right level of squish, but it should be a fun challenge.

TAKEN

Title:  Vaulting Ambition
Premise:  Anyone who has read Othello or seen House of Cards(the one starring Ian Richardson) knows that a very dangerous man is he whose ambition is unshackled to his soul.  So it is with your character.

He (or she, I'm not particular) is a bastard son of a royal family, still trying to establish its own legitimacy, has been told that his lineage will not be recognized, and that his issue has no chance of sitting the throne.  As did Iago and Francis Urquhart, your character decides to topple the ruling line and seize power for himself.

To that end, he turns to a secret, long kept.  There is, in the dungeons of the palace in the capital city, a sorceress in chains in the forgotten vaults and dungeons.  She has been prisoner for generations, as ageless as the world itself, waiting for release.  Who would be mad enough to set loose a vengeful sorceress into the world, but he who had some secret means of being certain that she would be yoked to his will?

The game will be a cooperative story-telling effort, roughly following a series of acts in which the bastard prince frees the sorceress, together they put his plan into motion, and finally seize power for themselves.  Needless to say, as I've presented this story, there is a lot of room for negotiation and discussion about the finer details.

Variation 1:  Instead of a long-lived but still human sorceress, I play an alien entity sealed away by great magic and skill.  This would give me the additional challenge of portraying an inhuman protagonist, and you the additional task of justifying in game how control over such a being could be maintained.

Variation 2:  Instead of being forgotten and sealed away in prison, my character has just been defeated in the great campaign of the age, with your character leading mine back to the capital city in chains when he makes his fateful decision to overthrow his king.  This would bring to the story a shared history between the two characters, that would make things either more interesting or more difficult to work out a harmonious interaction as they progress the story.

I await eagerly the response.

Mathim

Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

CassandraNova

The idea is still open, as I haven't heard from my partner in some time.

CassandraNova

CassandraNova

zebratomahawk

I sent you a PM about idea #1, "Vaunting Ambition". hope you got it. #3 interested me, but I can't see me playing a normal, more innocent character!