Legend of Dragoon OC RP

Started by JayNighte, April 02, 2014, 11:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rajah

Which can't be appealed until October 1st according to a quick backreading, so probably Non-Adult is where this'll be stuck. As for adult content re: violence, bloodshed, and language, the non-adult roleplaying section is PG-13 which allows for all of those. Extreme gore, graphic Hostel-style torture, and explicit sexual content are the things you need adult for, none of which seem terribly likely to come up. I agree it's annoying just knowing that there *is* a ceiling regardless of your intention or desire to ever come into contact with it, but I think a Legend of Dragoon game can exist comfortably - and realistically - within the scope of Non-Adult.
"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

Green Goo Theory

Just thought I'd ask. 

On that note I don't care what all of you do with the content of this RP in PM's or instant messengers outside of the PG-13 ceiling. 
Coming soon...

Jxnbury

Nice Character! I just figured I would add my two-cents in case you had originally wanted to play a dragoon.

I love that picture of Blair. Also... If it was not intentional, cheers!

I have no problems with the Non-Adult section. I mean if he ends up getting approved and the roleplay is still going strong -- We can always move the location or start a new thread.
I am certainly looking forward to getting things started around here. I need a little more roleplay in my life. :-)

Green Goo Theory

Thanks, thanks!  Also, I don't think it's blair even though I thought it was the first time I saw it.  Found it on a deviant art gallery and it was also the same place as my previous avatar.  The guy just seems to like girls in chaps with oversized guns.  Either way it wasn't titled Blair or anything related to soul eater.  But I do love the similarities. 

It's not like I have a crush on blair or anything...<.<

Coming soon...

Green Goo Theory

The updates on specific towns is going to wait a bit but I'll type up something here for an overall world update.  Paraphrased this time.  Get a nice properly typed story later.

-The game will take place 114 years after the events of the game. 

-Humans can perform magic but takes years of study almost completely stemming from the group in Kazas.

-Winglies have integrated into human society.  It's not perfect and without issues and sometimes violence but their existence is known and some people from either race live among others of their race.

-Gigantos and Minatos still exist and each even have an existing "home" that was rebuilt with the help of various nations and groups (namely the winglies). There are even mermaids around and a varietyof half-breeds.

-Technology has improved.  Some bits of infrastructure exists but horse drawn vehicles are still a thing outside of the cities, artificial lights are still mostly a big city thing, larger vehicles such as ships can be run without steam now due to magic from both wingly and human researchers.  While firearms exist they are primitive, clumsy, slow firing, slow to reload, etc.  There are of course some exceptions.  Firearms aren't quite to the point where they can replace melee weapons.

-A few new religions have arisen since the destruction of the Virage Embryo and the moon that never sets.  Some viewed as cults while others have gained some steam; one of which is known to preach the ascension of mortals with a odd leader thought to perform miracles completely unlike any known sort of magic.  Some religions have built standing armies.

-Thanks to the marriage from Albert Tiberoa and Basil are very close nations though not completely merged. 

-The rouge school has gone public and accepts students from all over.  They even have branch schools located in a variety of nations.

-The dragoon spirits are each held in different places.  Jade is the royal treasure of basil, brown is located in the home of gigantos, the blue is among the winglies in an unknown location, purple belongs to the rouge school, white belongs to mille seseau.  The black, red, and divine are all missing but there are reports of sightings all over and there are rumors of an active red dragoon.  These locations are NOT set in stone and are based only on public knowledge that could be completely and utterly wrong.  If you want your character to know something else or to start with a spirit (even not your own color), etc...PM me and we'll discuss it.  We'll figure out a way to discuss it with you Jay if you want.

-There are rumors of living dragons far to the north on the glacier.  A few other more scarce sightings are also rumored elsewhere in the world.  No one that's gone to explore the glacier has survived or come back.

More to come as I remember them from a previous game I was building or come up wtih new stuff.

Also, any questions are welcome via thread or PM!  Suggestions and requests too.
Coming soon...

EdwardShane

Very nice!  This looks awesome so far, and I look forward to seeing this thing kick off.  If anything comes to mind, I will be sure to let you know ^^

JayNighte

This is pretty cool! I do not have a problem with not having a Dragoon Spirit, although if someone else wants me to have one, I would not say no.

Green Goo Theory

I don't mind someone starting with a dragoon spirit.  Just without some really good reasons and some private conversation it's not going to be a working one.  But since the spirits are public knowledge now it's just easier to have them tucked away.  A dude (or dudette) walking around with a spirit-looking gem is going to be a target, y'know? 
Coming soon...

Green Goo Theory

Coming soon...