Ancient Awakenings. A story by Japanese Dane and Alouette

Started by Alouette, July 17, 2012, 05:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wajin

He laughed a little at her final remark and patted her head softly "I'll just have to make sure the water is heated" He said as he walked out of the room. He almost broke down as he was out of her view, she had in that moment seemed so much like her grandmother that he had almost called her Bethany. He looked back towards the door and shook his head "No, she's not!" He said to himself before walking down to the basement to check on the water heater. He heard footsteps above from her room and he smiled to himself "They're all restless... They've always been" He walked back up and opened the door to her room "The water is warm and I have found some towels for you. The bathroom is through that door over there. I'll be in my room, through the crimson door" He said with a warm smile as he walked to his room, his feet numb from sitting in her bed all night. He shook his leg a little, before disappearing behind the crimson door. He smiled as he inhaled the smell of his room, a certain aura filled the room, like this was a part of hell itself. In the middle of the room stood a large mirror, a scrying mirror. He smiled to himself as he walked towards it, it activated by his touch and meeting his gaze was the face of his loved one "She's sweet, your granddaughter, nothing like her mother... she looks like you" She smiled warmly and nodded as he began explaining.
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

Alouette

She was just about to get into the shower when the thought struck her that she did not have anything to wear, she left the ornately decorated lavatory crossing the hall into her room to rummage through the dresser and walk in closet in her room. She was shocked to find everything still had tags on them, and it was all in her size. Could he have gone and prepared all of this? How could he have been so sure that she would come? Those were questions she would have to ask him but right now she was anxious to relax and freshen up so she selected  a summer dress, mid-thigh in length, strapless and in a nice shade of pink that complimented her features. With dress in hand she crossed once more over into the bathroom, laid the dress on the counter and finally stepped in to shower taking her time enjoying the warm water.

After half and hour and her fingers turning into wrinkled prunes she emerged, light redness on her skin from the heat, but she smelled of lilacs and feel ten time more normal. She used the products that were available to dry her hair and add some color to her face using the lipsticks and mascara there were available, lastly the dress was slipped over her head then she headed to his room to let him know she was ready for the day. A soft rapping of knuckles on his door then came her soft voice "I've finished and I'm going to head down to the kitchen to start cooking, you can just come when you're ready". She turned leaving not wanting to intrude on his time, he says he was her servant but he really did respect other peoples spaces and privacy nor did she enjoy the thought of him being her servant, she would rather just share the space in house than to think of herself as the Mistress of it. Once in the kitchen, what a kitchen it was, it took her a few minutes to locate all of the utensils, there were several clatters and bangs as pots and pans got dropped, her clumsy nature rearing its ugly head, but she did manage to get it all together as well as the groceries that she wanted to fix. She began to cook hoping he would come down soon.
Alouette  
The little lark that could

Wajin

He came down looking much more relaxed than before, gone were the suit replaced by a pair of torn black jeans, and his bare chest. "I hope you don't mind... I've been wearing that suit for 110 years now, I thought my chest needed some air" He said as he walked over to her and kissed her cheek "from your granny, she's anxious to talk to you" He said with a kind smile and sat down at the table, conjuring a news paper which he began to read, while twirling his hair around his finger (sorry it's a little short)
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

Alouette

She stared at him unblinking for a moment, the sight of him catching her off guard, so much in fact that the spatula in her hand hit the floor with a loud metal clatter. She leaned down quickly to pick it up but she was then so embarrassed for having been staring that way that she wasn't watching what she was doing and smacked her head on the counter. When she stood up with the spatula in one hand, she was covering a growing red spot on her forehead with the other. "Ow..ooh..that's smarts " she said closing her eyes and rubbing it, now she wanted to find something else to concentrate on besides the throbbing pain. "How are you talking to my grandmother...I thought you couldn't go home and shes already passed over" her words hitching now and then between the pain. She moved over to the sink to rinse the spatula off, both brows now furrowed as she focused hard on not being such a cry baby about a bump, then went to the stove to stir the hodge podge of ingredients that were in the frying pan. The kitchen was smelling greatly of bacon, potatoes and eggs, just like a home should...and that's what this place felt like..was home. Once in a while her eyes would lift to watch him at the kitchen table, she couldn't see his face because of the paper but she could of sworn his shoulders were shaking, the kind of shake that happens when one is trying to contain laughter.
Alouette  

Wajin

He got up and first held a hand on her head healing the bump and then looked at her "through a scrying mirror, I can bring one item back from Hell every year. It's... grown to quite a nice room. If you want, you could talk to her after we're finished here" He said with a happy smile, he ran his hand through her hair before kissing her forehead "And you look wonderful in that" He said gesturing at her body "Truly breathtaking" He added, seeing her blush more and more. He returned to his seat, but watched her with eager interest "did you realize that you but more pressure on your left foot?" he said at some point "You have really clean toes... I'm envious" he added, looking down at his shoes, afraid what he might see if he took them off, he shuddered at the thought

Alouette

She felt a flood of warmth pass through her head, all the pain immediately stopping. "T..thank you" this magic of his was still not quite so normal causing her to stumble on her words slightly. Just as the pain stopped she felt an old sensation returning as heat found such fair cheeks, she smoothed her dress down self consciously now that she had been made aware of her appearance. "I would like that very much, to talk with her I mean...I can't believe she wants to meet me." Now she grew quiet contemplating what the conversation was going to be like. It wasn't until she finished cooking and had two plates loaded up and on the table, one for her one for him, that the comment about her toes registered, she tilted her head looking under the table at her feet. "I can't see why you like my feet, I've always found feet to be a little...odd, but that may be due to Uncle Jackon's dog, he had a little terrier mixed thing that he used to bring over to mom and dads house and it always wanted to lick my feet..I think that's when I started feeling odd about them." She picked up her fork and began to eat, suddenly ravenous, she did have some manners such as not smacking or talking with her mouthful but she was hunched over her plate and every now and then her fork would scrap against it. For such a thin girl she found somewhere to put away everything she'd put in front of her
Alouette