Heist of the Century: A Pathfinder cloak & dagger intrigue game.

Started by LtFox, May 24, 2011, 04:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 27, 2011, 11:07:47 AM
Ahaa, I see. Well she chooses to be obedient and so when Asleod asks is she okay go to be borrowed to other noble would her reply be 'Whatever master wishes' or 'Yes sir'? Just curious :). As I could think Asleod tries hammer her to have idea for life outside being slave but so far Talanna is content being one. As I assume she had not very abusive training and raising in noble household so she has not got any 'bad' masters yet I assume?

Anyways interesting char and geisha alike servant is interesting in more western based society :).

Your looking at it in terms she has just been captured.    Glossing over the fact she has been with the noble house of Asleod for over fifty years.   Three generations of lords leading the house.   She is a valuable fixture and asset to her noble house.    So no she has not had a bad master.   She merely has chosen the opposite of the other elf.  To take what is given her in life and work within its constraints.    Yet if the house should fall because of the ventures underway,  and she finds herself in entirely different circumstances of a malevolent master,  then  survival out weighs  duty and honor.   

Zaer Darkwail

Asleod has got a noble house for 50 years?! You probably mean house which you serve which ended up debted/blackmailed to Asleod. Anycase did not forget the 50 years of servitude but wondered how 'lawful' she is. So in your case your lawful so long your master is nice towards you (or when it's matter of surviving alive or continue holding her loyalty).

PhantomPistoleer

Just to clarify, there will be two groups, right?

And I'm not in the group with all of this slave/not slave noble nonsense?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

So let me get this straight:

Infiltration/Wet Works:
Ranger:  Loki Aesir
Sewer Druid:  Shihong
Thief:  PhantomPistoleer

Nobility (whatever these people are):
Zaer
Elven Sex Goddess
Wintercat
Healergirl

I mean, I don't really know where to put Wintercat.  The last thing my thief wants tagging along is a loud, clunky alchemist.  I would just like to make sure that the groups are going to be in two different threads.  I have nothing against the other group, their objectives just aren't my cup of tea.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

Also, Zaer, will you please stop badgering people?  For God's sake, find out in RP.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on May 27, 2011, 11:35:54 AM
Also, Zaer, will you please stop badgering people?  For God's sake, find out in RP.

*sigh*

So I cannot talk or ask about other people's chars at all? Anycase what I understand there are two groups but there are points where people cross over to other thread or other for sake of mission or story factor.

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Elven Sex Goddess

Anyways I did not take it as badgering.  Through PhantomP is right about most of it should be found through role play in game.   

You mistake lawful.   She is lawful because she abides and believes in the society laws.   Hence her acceptance of being a slave.   She is not a slave or really more importantly because she is a submissive.    No her reasons is a more private code of honor and loyalty.   

I also view it she is elven.   She is not a human maiden.   She comes from a totally alien culture.   Sex is explored and not looked upon as sinful.   Often in young adult of their long lifespans it is encouraged to have more then one lover.    Her in nothing more then a sarong wrap skirt is not that big a deal.  As most human cultures tend to regulate female to inferior status.  Where as in perhaps elven society gender equality is such the case.     Thus it is not a big thing for her to be topless.   

Back to being lawful,  she is a kin to being a kleptomaniac.   It is not so much the want of something but the challenge.   It however, does not mean she is not law abiding in the society she is now part of or follow its rules and laws.  She will not break and enter, without some consternation over the fact.  She would offer counsel to her master against such.     Nor if sold would she automatically run a way.   A history of abuse and prospect of her death forthcoming from such would have the impact of driving her to run a way.   Thus breaking her personal code.   

Likewise,  gathering information for jobs.  From slaves,  nobility in itself is not an unlawful act. 

Her neutrality is more so she has it in her to do things good and at the same time such things that constitute an evil act.   

Anyways I tried to cover the bases,  to show the depth of the character and how she works.   This and anything further should indeed be found out within game.   

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, thanks from answering my questions of curiosity towards your char :). I do not 'badger' further about your char but your welcome ask questions regarding my char. I myself find the badgering useful for me as if someone asks questions about my char, his motives or his personality trait I can create more depth to my char (and have bigger image of from my own char).

Wintercat

It all looks good to me, and Phantom, the Alchemist is not going around 'clinking', he's more the sort that goes around carrying a bomb or two to toss onto someone that tries to cause a problem.

He's got a bit of skill with diplomatic things, but I figure that a thief would know him better through work. He buys and sells merchandise that might not be exactly legally acquired afterall.

He's not able to do it at 1st level, but later on he's also a source for some healing potions, if he has to brew actual potions for that, it costs more but those last as normal potions ought to, as for him making some alchemist brews, he should later be able to one into a cup and tell a person to drink it up there. Letting its magic heal those that come to see him, but not letting anyone walk out with a vial of his alchemist brew though. So, later on he ought to be able to help heal some things at least.

As for other things, he's a bit social character, but don't know who he's connected to and who he is not. He has possibly sold the "Alchemist's Kindness" to most folks that drink too much, that is, hangover cure. As for other things, he has a number of things that might help a thief at some point, but that might also work for more common folks.

Anyway, going to see how it turns out. I figure that my character might not have any pre-existing links to others, or he might have afew, going to wait and see how it goes.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

Crovonovin

He might actually know of Samuel, Wintercat.  If he's the sort to be moving illegal product (such as restorative potions, magical antitoxins and the like), then my druid may have purchased from him in the past or had a hand in smuggling said materials.

Wintercat

He can make potions of cure light wounds at the present time, so he might have moved a few now and then, but he's try to be discreet with those in turn.

Well, he might also have tried to buy some materials from outside to put to use in creating them, perhaps asking Samuel to bring him ingredients, both for natural potions, and the unnatural ones. Probably paying back with some prepared actual potions as part of the payment, and part in coin. Sounds like something he might have tried, though I imagine he still makes very few of the actual magical potions, due to the risks involved if caught.

Still a nice link.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

Crovonovin

I like your scenario even better!  Samuel knows the streets and the sewers of the city pretty well, so he'd likely be the man to go to if you had a shopping list of rare ingredients.  They probably wouldn't know much about one another beyond their professional connection, but it's enough to know that he'll at least have a connection to one of the others in the Underground Group.

Black Howling

Thread moved more while I was asleep. Looks like you got filled up on the spies, already there is three of them. Also, it looks like some people are getting agitated by how many people there are. Looks best if I don't finish the character sheet.

Wintercat

@Shihong:
I enjoy spinning a good tale together with friends now and then, if we can make a story more interesting together, I'm always happy to look for options. Heheh. Also, I'm usually not hard-headed so if you come up with more ideas, please do toss them out to be thought over. Looking forward to the main events later.

@Black Howling:
The thread has taken a bit of movement to it but I think its still forming up nicely, and please don't step away, we could use your presence in this game and it seems like you'd be around to create an interesting character, and I am truly hoping to see what comes through from your imagination when you commit yourself to creating one. So please, join us in this game that has expanded and join us in creating an Epic together.

Alright, that might have sounded a bit exaggerated, but really, we got excited people eager to play here, and that seems like a good starting point. Your writing earlier has me curious and I hope you will not just abandon us now.
A&A

Zaer Darkwail

Aye, there is always room for spies ;). Also there is no one working as spy among other branches of government like military, basic street ear who pick and confirms rumors. Also besides role of spy you could also work in other capacity (Forgery? Smuggling? Blackmail combined with high gather info and social skills?). Also plain assassin I have so far not seen (got muscle but there is difference of a hired killer and professional assassin).

LtFox

Hello, folks.  Seeing as most people are starting to get ready, I'll be posting the opening thread for the game shortly.  It's something of an unofficial meeting, so people who aren't ready yet have plenty of time to get there before the main storyline launches.

Black Howling:  As I recall, your idea was a lower noble girl, whose house had fallen on hard times, and who wanted to change things in society.  Something of a female counterpart to Zaer's male noble scion.  As such, I definitely don't see her as a redundant character.  Yours and Zaer's characters are the only 'real' nobles currently in the game, and depending on how things fall out on the political scene, that could be very important.  So, it would be nice if you didn't leave us quite yet.  It would also round out the numbers participating in the noble society part of the game better.  Also, I've said it before but it bears repeating:  There are never too many spies in an intrigue game like this one.

Posting the 'First meeting' thread soon.

_LF_
O/O

In Sword, Truth.

Zaer Darkwail

*sets down on fours, tail waggling and ears flat waiting to pounce in as first poster in opening IC thread*

Waiting the game start eagerly :).

Black Howling

Alright, so long as it's not me just putting in a character that's not gonna help out. I'll finish the sheet up by tonight, takes me a while sometimes. Having a lot of college research to do right now, getting everything in order to enroll.

Crovonovin

As LtFox said, you can never have too many spies in a game of intrigue.  Assuming you were aiming to create a rogue, the class is open-ended enough to support all sorts of characters.  Just because you've got "rogue" on your character sheet doesn't mean that you need to be some lock picker or damage-monster.

LtFox

Okay folks, the first game thread is now officially open.  I'm linking it here and the OOC.  From now on, random discussion should move to the OOC thread.  This is reserved for character applications, after all.

Also, Howl, no need to rush, I know what that's like all too well, even if it's been a while since I applied to University.  This first in-game thread is just for freeform mingling, I expect people to pop in whenever it suits them, so there's no pressure.

First Meeting IC thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=108270.0

_LF_
O/O

In Sword, Truth.

Black Howling

That's the sheet. I'll look for a picture, then manage a history and finish up equipment.

Found picture and gotten equipment, now I just need to finish the background. It will be up either shortly, or in the AM. Sorry for the wait.

LtFox

Yep, that looks good.  Go ahead and move it to the Character thread, and add background as it gets completed.

_LF_
O/O

In Sword, Truth.