News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Hmmm... I'm worried I might have tetanus or something.

Started by Ajoxer, April 02, 2006, 02:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ajoxer

Going to check on my vaccination history on monday. It seems highly unlikely, but, just want to be careful... Can you believe it? Tear open the back of my heel with a rusty nail, jack squat. Walk barefoot along a road... Eh, we shall see, might just be allergies to this damn couch.

>_> Still makes me feel a tad worried, though... How quickly death can come upon one, and all those wonderful people you love will never be seen again... * sigh.*
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Celestial Goblin

What in heavens name is Tetanus? And is is something dangerous?

ZK

It's caused by wounds from rusty nails and other forms of metal.

Go get a shot already hon.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Elvi

What is tetanus?
Tetanus, commonly called lockjaw, is a bacterial disease that affects the nervous system. It is contracted through a cut or wound that becomes contaminated with tetanus bacteria. The bacteria can get in through even a tiny pinprick or scratch, but deep puncture wounds or cuts like those made by nails or knives are especially susceptible to infection with tetanus. Tetanus bacteria are present worldwide and are commonly found in soil, dust and manure. Infection with tetanus causes severe muscle spasms, leading to "locking" of the jaw so the patient cannot open his/her mouth or swallow, and may even lead to death by suffocation. Tetanus is not transmitted from person to person.

Symptoms
Common first signs of tetanus are a headache and muscular stiffness in the jaw (lockjaw) followed by stiffness of the neck, difficulty in swallowing, rigidity of abdominal muscles, spasms, sweating and fever.
Symptoms usually begin 8 days after the infection, but may range in onset from 3 days to 3 weeks.

Hmmmmmmmmm.........Ajoxer with lockjaw........*smiles*

Seriously, if you have kept your shots up, then you should be ok (and the ten year booster thing has a healthy safety margin)
However, the symptoms are so clear and precise, that there would be no 'I think I have'.

It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Celestial Goblin

Oh poor thing, you should have worn your plate-mail before going to the kobold infested basement.
We're all sending you good vibes and much love. And if you need to take a painful injection with a syringe, pass the pain this way:)

Ajoxer

Elvi, my dear, I'm wounded. AND what you say makes me feel sad. You're just so cruel...

And it looks like it was just good old common flu. I'm burning the bastard off already.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Akioth

Hehehe Got my Shot last year after gitting hit with a Dirt Clod (A Dirt Rock if you will) Was using my "Neo Matrix" skills to dodge them. One bounced off a tree and slammed into me beautiful face. The person who hit me got a cold sore the next day. And My busted lip healed first *laughs*
Akioth has requested an indefinite hiatus of his account.

Sex on television can't hurt you unless you fall off. 

No matter how much cats fight, there always seem to be plenty of kittens.  ~Abraham Lincoln

Elvi

Quote from: Ajoxer on April 03, 2006, 01:32:01 PM
Elvi, my dear, I'm wounded. AND what you say makes me feel sad. You're just so cruel...

And it looks like it was just good old common flu. I'm burning the bastard off already.

Awwwwwwwwwwww.......................*gives him big huge hugs, because she knows that's what he really is pretending to be hurt for*
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Ajoxer