Beauxbatons Academy of Magic (Potterverse) - Recruiting (FOR MALES & FEMALES!)

Started by persephone325, January 05, 2014, 10:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiden

LOL welcome to my world!

Caela, what subject are you teaching? Are we clashing on what we want to teach?

persephone325

Quote from: Aiden on January 09, 2014, 02:58:43 PM
LOL welcome to my world!

lol :P

Niferbelle is also making a teacher. But she didn't mention what subject she might take.

If it turns out that more than one teacher would like to teach the same subject, I wouldn't be opposed to having them teach it together in some kind of dual class type scenario. Maybe each teacher views the subject differently and has different teaching styles?

Though if that makes things too complicated IC, I'll probably just get rid of that idea.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Caela

Quote from: Aiden on January 09, 2014, 02:58:43 PM
LOL welcome to my world!

No clashing in the least...I'll be putting forth a possible Transfiguration professor.

PhantomPistoleer

I would like to create a teacher, too. 

He would teach the Arts of Monster Hunting for Pleasure or Sport, and a few related electives.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

RubySlippers

I have two classes to add Etiquette and Modeling (fashion, makeup and such) with maybe Professional Studies (wizarding profession practicum) for students past 4th year).

persephone325

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on January 09, 2014, 03:10:46 PM

He would teach the Arts of Monster Hunting for Pleasure or Sport, and a few related electives.

Not too sure that particular subject would be taught. Beauxbatons is more focused on culture, and how to deal with situations diplomatically instead of throwing hexes or curses at everything. However, that won't mean students won't learn spells like that.

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 09, 2014, 03:40:42 PM
I have two classes to add Etiquette and Modeling (fashion, makeup and such) with maybe Professional Studies (wizarding profession practicum) for students past 4th year).

Uh, this is a magic school. Not a beauty school. I imagine if someone wanted to pursue a career in such fields, they could do so at another institution. I'm not deviating so far from the canon material as to add new classes that really don't have anything to do with the curriculum as a whole...
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Aiden

A classroom with my guy, (to be named) results in a nice buzz.

Goo go wine tasting!

persephone325

Quote from: Aiden on January 09, 2014, 03:47:12 PM
A classroom with my guy, (to be named) results in a nice buzz.

Goo go wine tasting!

Ah yes. Thank you for reminding me. France's legal drinking age is 18. So first and second years wouldn't be able to take this class. ;)
I don't know.

RubySlippers

persephone325

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 09, 2014, 04:01:45 PM
You have useless classes in the Arts.  :D

jk

Well in a school more focused on culture, hardly any art class would be useless. And, the arts classes are electives anyway. You're not being forced to take them.
I don't know.

RubySlippers

I was kidding, but clubs will be around good for other subjects.

Niferbelle

Quote from: persephone325 on January 09, 2014, 03:02:39 PM
lol :P

Niferbelle is also making a teacher. But she didn't mention what subject she might take.

I am thinking about writing up a History of Magic professor who also teaches elective Writing. I haven't really started him/her yet though so I'm flexible if someone else wanted those subjects. Otherwise that's what I'll be writing up that charrie for.

Niferbelle

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on January 09, 2014, 03:10:46 PM

He could be the magical creatures teacher whose a little more...erm, 'gung ho' then the school would like. Kind of a tension thing that he tends to teach it like he's going to send the kids out on safari ;)

persephone325

Quote from: Niferbelle on January 09, 2014, 04:35:52 PM
He could be the magical creatures teacher whose a little more...erm, 'gung ho' then the school would like. Kind of a tension thing that he tends to teach it like he's going to send the kids out on safari ;)

Oh yes! The Care of Magical Creatures teacher.
I don't know.

Loves

ON HIATUS AGAIN

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: persephone325 on January 09, 2014, 04:37:17 PM
Oh yes! The Care of Magical Creatures teacher.

"There are beasts in this world, horrible things that will eat you if you let them.  Felix Le Guerre is here to train you in mastering these creatures, destroying them and, in the event that you have family coming over for supper, quarter them!  Ha ha.  PICK UP YOUR JAVELINS, LADIES!  And welcome, to ::rubs eyes as if he's crying:: CARE OF MAGICAL CREATURES.  Boohoohoo."

What do you guys think of my potential teacher?

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Florence

That mustache is more magical than anything else that could possibly grace this rp.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

persephone325

I don't know.

Loves

Quote from: Loves on January 09, 2014, 05:35:38 PM
I would like to put a faceclaim in for my character, 

Name: Sandra Kubicka

Can you let me know if this faceclaim is available. Once I know then I can start the Cs

Thank you kindly

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Senti

For pics I am looking at ballet dancers'  I have 4 possible ones so lets see
I may have to ask for advice.

Florence

Just a heads up, I'm currently experiencing a bit of a technical problem. In that my net provider updated their systems, and my router is apparently so old as shit its having issues with it. And its also so old the tech support guy seemed surprised that model still existed. So needless to say the warranty has expired. This is a slow-as-hell computer, but its the only one I could plug directly into the modem to get internet from, but unfortunately this is a shared computer, so depending on how long this takes to sort out, I may have some degree of slowness.

HOPEFULLY this will get sorted out today, but I figured I'd give you guys a heads up just to be on the safe side.

Edit: We may either get a new router today, or wait about a week for a free one to be sent by our provider. It depends on costs and such whatnot.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

persephone325

Quote from: Loves on January 10, 2014, 06:00:09 AM

Can you let me know if this faceclaim is available. Once I know then I can start the Cs

Thank you kindly

As far as I know, yes.
I don't know.

Loves

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Aiden

persephone

Are you going to have something similar to the head of houses for the mansions? If so, I would volunteer to be Head or would it be Lord? of Bellefeuille House.

I want him to be the Herbology professor and if possible, Flying as well. He does not like classrooms, so all his teaching is done in the gardens/outside fields. Also he oversees the tending of the stable/gardens (alongside the head janitor/groundskeeper), when it comes to assigning students to the upkeep of the animals/gardens.

He is a "country boy", he is smart to a degree but lives a very chill lifestyle.

RubySlippers