Fresh Marvel AU RP Interest Check! Seeking One More Female Character!

Started by Vergil Tanner, February 04, 2016, 05:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuroneko

True. And I also need noms.

... and now I have a second cat on me, lol.
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Vergil Tanner

Ok, this is an OOC topic :P I will shut this conversation down now and move it to the OOC, so everybody sees the relevant details....namely:

GET YOUR BIOS DONE ASAP.

:P

OOC Link:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=244437.0

ONLY POST HERE IF YOU HAVE HAD YOUR FULL BIO APPROVED.

Those of you who have your full bios posted and approved, please post in the above thread so you have it Bookmarked. Any further discussion here must be on the topic of the game and applications. :-)

Remember: Everybody currently in the Roster / Reserved stages, you have until Saturday to produce your finished bio. If you don't, and you don't provide a reason to Alixandre or myself and secure an extension, you may well be in danger of losing your spot in the game. Just so you're warned!
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

persephone325

This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Batman4560

Removing interest in this due to some very personal problems I'm having. Good luck guys. :(

Vergil Tanner

Yhup, Persephone! You have a completed bio, so you're approved :-)

And awww, that's a shame, Bats :-( Good luck with your issues and I hope you find a good game to enjoy in the meantime! :-)

And that means that we now have a Male slot open for the New Avengers Techie! So....any takers? :-)

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Kuroneko

You need to change your thread header message to let people know that slot's open ;)

*has a version of Ultimate Forge in her back pocket, just in case* ;)

Ascia

== Character Bio ==

== Personal Information ==

Legal Name: Lady Jacqueline 'Jacki' Falsworth
Alias: Spitfire, Lady J, Ruby (SIS codename; WWII era), Aero (MI6 codename, Cold War era)
Sexuality: Bisexual
Team Role: "Heart" of the Wildcards

== Physical Description / Clothing ==

Lady J cuts an elegant figure, an athletic frame that stands 5'5 flat-footed, nevermind in heels or boots. Whereas some beauties bloom later in life, the only daughter of Lord James and Lady Elaina was born with the gift and curse of beauty. A pretty girl became a stunning, dare say voluptuous, young woman, though the daughter of minor nobles she no less became a well known figure in pre-war British society.

The war would add a harsh edge to Jacqueline's features until the day everything about her life changed forever. Then her appearance took on a supernatural nature, moving with grace and force just as stunning to watch as her now timeless good looks. Jacki, as she is known to her new teammates, remains a lady of fashion. Her wardrobe is sizeable and diverse, tending towards the high fashion houses of the world. She is likewise well groomed, and has been teased by teammates about the amount of time she spends grooming herself since Steve Rogers started in on her many, many years ago.

When her anger grows past the point of restrain, Jacki shows a pair of vampiric fangs. Thus far this is the only visible sign of her underlying vampire nature. Her Spitfire outfit is specifically designed for her and the affects of reaching the speeds she can, originally provided by MI6 but subsequently improved and customized by her own private endeavors through various contacts. The outfit has a somewhat metallic appearance to it, and shines copper-gold in direct light.

Despite her long life Lady J has hardly aged; whether due to Rogers or the Blood Baron remains unknown.

== Personality ==

Once a sweet natured, naive, young woman that shied from much of the attention she received these days Spitfire is as confident and capable and sassy as any. Age and experience has provided a patient wisdom to her maternal nature, just as it has sharpened to a fine edge what she believes in as well as the lines she will and will not cross. A lifetime of working as a spy has taken it's toll, and while she can be anything she needs to be at nearly any moment she needs to be it, Spitfire does tend to keep to a mysterious nature. She can be vague about her past, and evasive when pressed on issues she would rather not get into.

== Key Skills ==

Powers:

Superhuman Speed: Jacqueline possesses the ability to run at lightning-fast speeds, with reflexes and agility to match. When she runs, a trail of non-damaging fire may appear behind her.

Superhuman Physiology: Jacqueline's entire body has mutated to endure the stress of moving so fast. All her biological systems and biochemical processes have adapted; even her brain seems to function at superhuman speeds.

Vampiric Abilities: In addition to her superhuman mutations due to direct blood transfusions, the vampire attack that created the need for such emergency medical action has left it's imprint on Jacqueline: in addition to fangs her senses and strength have seen supernatural spikes. In addition she has exhibited a supernatural healing factor, and can recover from even severe wounds quickly. Most curiously, Spitfire isn't cold like a normal vampire, nor does she have the classic bloodlust of most vampires. She has admitted that drinking blood can benefit her in terms of physical prowess and healing ability, but that it comes at a cost to her character and soul--making her dangerous.

Skills:

Combat Training: Trained by Steve Rogers, Spitfire combines her devastating speed with some of the best hand-to-hand combat training. Later MI6 training would round out her education in various types of weapons and small explosives.

Pilot/Driver: In part due to her superhuman reflexes and strength, there are few vehicles that Spitfire can't fly or drive with amazing precision.

Spycraft: A practitioner in the dark arts of the shadow world, Spitfire has the skill set of a spy that's been doing it since World War II.

Weaknesses:

A Spy's Toll: Night terrors, anxiety, keeping people at a distance, a few too many nightcaps from time to time, the occasional destructive behaviors; just the cost of being an agent in her Majesty's more secretive services far longer than any other agent in British history.

The Bite of Blood: If she drinks any fair amount of blood, the monster can come out. Jackie has never murdered someone for blood, but after drinking blood and unleashing the demon under the surface, it's gotten perilously close a few times in her long history.

An Immortal's Solitude: While Jackie believes she is aging, just very very slowly, it's left her with a comparatively immortal lifespan. Great as that sounds, there are shortcomings, and they only get worse with time. She is the last of her family, has seen nearly every friend she's ever had eventually die, to say nothing of never having a single lasting love.

== Character Background ==

Lady Jacqueline Falsworth was born the second child, and only daughter, to Lord James and Lady Elaina Falsworth--some 92 years ago, on a spring day at Falsworth Estate in the English countryside. Nothing in the young Lady's childhood was any different than most other daughters of well off Englishmen, but behind the scenes forces had already begun moving against Jacqueline and the Falsworth family. As with many stories about tragedy in the British nobility, it had everything to do with issues of inheritance. As the eldest son, Lord James stood to inherit the vast majority of Falsworth wealth, as well as the familial seat, over his younger brother John Falsworth.

Where James had always been a man of action, John was an academic, with a particular zeal for the ancient and the mythical, for the supernatural. Freed from a life of duty and responsibility that the Lord of Falsworth Estate would be tied to, there were no signs that John Falsworth was anything but happy to leave his elder brother the title and lands, so that John may go off gallivanting the world in pursuit of the higher mysteries that often academics and science could make little headway with--it was this mission, and the family believes none other, that John departed for.

But the Falsworth family knows now they were played for fools by one of their own. John Falsworth the Second was not the son of John Falsworth the First--he was John Falsworth the first, a man turned by the vampire Dracula during the First World War. John the First would return to England, and under Dracula's instruction, murder his own second son in order to take the identity as his own cover. James Falsworth, in secret a hero known as Union Jack, would not discover the fact until the vampire John Falsworth snuck into Falsworth Estate, and went after then teenaged Jacqueline Falsworth.

John Falsworth, now known as the Blood Baron, intended to leave young Jacqueline dead and cold for her father to discover. He pounced the girl in darkness, and soon had his fangs within young Jacqueline's neck after she managed a single scream. The single scream was enough to alert one of the men traveling with Union Jack--his American counterpart, Captain America. The Invanders were a small, tight knit, group of heroes working joint missions between England's SIS and America's SSR. The Human Torch, Captain America, Namor, and the Union Jack hit Falsworth Estate just in time to stop Baron Blood.

But the damage was done. Unless some emergency action was taken, young Jacqueline faced certain death, far too drained of blood to survive on her own. As heroes do, Steve Rogers didn't hesitate before informing his fellow Invaders to prep Jacqueline and himself for a blood transfusion. James Falsworth questioned the move; the father had little to no idea what Rogers' blood would do to his little girl. But as Namor quickly reminded him, there was simply no other option with so little time left to act.

It worked, but not without James Falsworth being proved correct to worry about unforeseen side effects. In particular, Rogers' super-serum blood reacted with young Jacqueline's, presenting Lord James with his worst nightmare: his little girl exhibited superhuman abilities. Fast, strong, and as devil-may-care as her father, suddenly there seemed to be no stopping Jacqueline as she became the deciding factor in the final confrontation with the Baron Blood. The incident would prove her worth to her father, and his fellow Invaders. Without even asking permission from superiors, the Invaders voted to include the suddenly super powered teenager in their fight.

Though she would be trained by her father and Rogers, no amount of training could prepare Jackie for what she would experience. She would fight Nazis and super villains along side her fellow Invaders, and by war's end she would be well established as an operative for the British SIS. Though she would endure the loss of her father, Jackie's bond with her fellow Invaders remained strong. That she developed a crush for the heroic Rogers shocked no one, but that they would forge a friendship that would survive the test of time, and arctic ice, would help carry Jackie through hard times long after Captain America fell out of the sky.

After the war the British government would ask her to continue her service, enlisting her in the service of MI6 for the length of the Cold War, where she would operate everywhere from East Berlin to Argentina to Indonesia and back again. When Steve Rogers returned to the living, he would find a Lady Jacqueline very different than the young girl he had left behind. Now Spitfire, as Cap knew her best, would assist him in returning to active duty for SHIELD, herself now an agent for MI13; an organization that mirrored much of SHIELD's core missions.

Steve Rogers' death sent shockwaves throughout the world, but perhaps few hit the mark quite so harshly as when Lady Jacqueline learned of Steve's death. Long a secret to even SHIELD until she emerged to assist Rogers back to normalcy, her Majesty's best kept secret agent out and out volunteered for direct metahuman service. When her superiors denied her, she kindly reminded them of her service record, of the price she had paid for being so long in her Majesty's service. Given her lifetime as the superhuman spy no one knew existed, and her comfort working from the shadows on missions where failure was no option, Spitfire became a natural choice for the Wildcards team.

Though officially only on loan from MI13 to SHIELD, and in turn, to the Wildcards, there is no doubt in Lady J that she is with the Wildcards to the end. At least until they find out what happened to the fallen legends. In particular for Jackie, what happened to Steve Rogers, and finding who is responsible...so that she can make them pay for taking the last true friend she had left in all the world.

== Face Claim: ==

Alice Eve.

Life in Color

Vergil Tanner

Yes, we need a New Avenger Techie!

And I love the bio, Ascia! :D Putting her up on the Roster now! You can go to the OOC and join in the conversation there if you like :-)

Deathnote

Either a new Techie or a new Sneak.  If there's somebody who wants to play the Sneak, I'd be willing to step aside and let them take it because really, it'd only take a slight adjustment to make Ben Reilly into the New Avenger's Techie.  (For one thing, I'd switch out the Stealth Suit for the Spider-Armor MK IV)

Vergil Tanner

Well, I think Ben's powerset suits the Sneak better, but we'll see what people come up with! :D

Deathnote

Can I have the Spider-Armor anyway?  That thing's kinda awesome.   ;D

Vergil Tanner

Stealth suit or Spider Armour, Note...one or the other, not both :P For one, where would he have gotten the resources to build both?

Deathnote

Parker Industries.  :p

"Hey Parker, mind if I borrow your lab for a bit?"

"Not after what happened last time!  I still have to explain away what Octavius' did at the next shareholders' meeting."

"But I'm one of those shareholders.  Also, can I borrow some money?"

In all seriousness though, I'll just wait and see for now.  If the new guy goes Techie, I'll probably stick with the Stealth Suit.  If he wants to be the Sneak, I'll switch to the Spider-Armor.  ^_^

Hmm... or maybe I can combine the two and have a Spider-Armor Mk V Stealth Variant... >_>

Vergil Tanner

Cuchulainn

Vergil Tanner

Kuroneko

*thinks about if she knows anyone that might be willing to join up. Goes to send off a PM*

Vergil Tanner

Vergil Tanner

Unfortunately, 1SAZ - Prowler - has had to withdraw due to RL commitments and issues. As such, neither the New Avengers or The Wildcards have a Techie at this point in time. We are therefore now looking for a male Techie Wildcard and a male Techie New Avenger to fill those spots! Please apply if interested, and if any current cast member knows anybody who might be interested, please reach out to them and point them in our direction :-)

Life in Color

We're hoping to have all of the character bios in by the 20th, so if you're thinking about coming to write a Techie, please do so!

(And join the New Avengers! >.>;)

Vergil Tanner

If you start now, you WILL get a slight extension to the deadline :P

Cuchulainn

Vergil Tanner

Okey dokey! You're now good to post in the OOC! However, I would suggest quickly giving your history a re-read, since there are parts that don't quite make sense since you've obviously gone back and edited it, but not gotten rid of fragments of the previous sentence. There're two or three lines where I honestly have no idea what you're saying. XD

In any case, you're ok to go to the OOC. :-)

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=244437.0

Life in Color

Bumping this!

The New Avengers are in desperate need of a Brawler-type character.

Females preferred, but we'll take a male character so that we can get the game going.

<3