Any good recent PC games out there?

Started by Beorning, February 27, 2013, 05:28:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beorning

Alright... I'll consider Bioshock, then. And this Alan Wake thing - I just watched the trailer and it looks kind of intriguing.

Regarding other games I missed when they came out - what about Assassin's Creed? Is it any good? What's it about?

Oh, and any opinions on Civilization IV and V? I actually read some pretty negative comments on the latest one...

Chris Brady

As much as I love XCOM, I did have to question why they could only field a single team at a time when you could have 18 back at base.  But I agree with Sel and Lunar, it's a great game.

And a fun 'fact', Ken Levine (the creator of Bioshock and the lead of Infinite) has been said to disavow Bioshock 2.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Sel Nar

Quote from: Chris Brady on February 28, 2013, 02:50:19 PM
And a fun 'fact', Ken Levine (the creator of Bioshock and the lead of Infinite) has been said to disavow Bioshock 2.

Only because Irrational games (Levine's Studio) didn't make Bioshock 2; Instead, Arkane Studios (the madmen that made Dishonored) did, while still under the 2K games label. So, while Bioshock 2 may not be 'canon' according to Levine, It's canon according to everyone that's played it and finds its Anti-Extreme Collectivisim Message to be just as relevant as Bioshock 1's Anti-Extreme Objectivism Message.

LunarSage

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Sel Nar

Tl;Dr, Bioshock 2 takes a good firm poke at 'Creating Utopia through pure altruism', aka. 'Pure' Collectivism as a philosophy, just as Bioshock took a good firm poke at if a nation built entirely on the principles of Objectivism (aka. Ayn Randianism, aka. 'Fuck you all got mine'ism)

Chris Brady

Quote from: Sel Nar on February 28, 2013, 03:26:58 PM
Only because Irrational games (Levine's Studio) didn't make Bioshock 2; Instead, Arkane Studios (the madmen that made Dishonored) did, while still under the 2K games label. So, while Bioshock 2 may not be 'canon' according to Levine, It's canon according to everyone that's played it and finds its Anti-Extreme Collectivisim Message to be just as relevant as Bioshock 1's Anti-Extreme Objectivism Message.
Well, it doesn't really matter because Infinite takes place before Rapture was even made.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming