The Paradise ~Wild West Brothel~ Interest Check

Started by Lady Lunarius, June 18, 2016, 10:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Lunarius

Hudson's Pass, Texas; 1871: A History

Hudson's pass began as a boomtown centered around a coal mine in 1843. For the first few years of it's inception, the town suffered from meager yields due to minor hazards, a problem soon solved when a man named Lionel Dixon took charge and paved a safer way to mine the coal. This is what saw him voted into what would become a long lasting position as mayor, and one that even his son would take up later. Under his direction, not only coal, but even some gold and other precious minerals were mined in large frequency for quite some time.

All good things come to an end, though, and under his Son's direction the mine was near depleted sometime just after the american civil war. Hard times came, and Lionel Dixon Junior was readying to declare the town dead. Fixin' for himself to leave with what little precious resources they had left. It was at this time that Sheriff of Hudson's Pass found out about his squandering scheme, and brought it to the forefront of the town. The Justice's attempted to let the man off easy, but Vigilante justice prevailed and they hung the son of a bitch.

This was the start of what would soon become a town of outlaws, thieves and brigands. After the Justice's side was chosen, the Sheriff took his band of deputies and ran them out with the idea they were in on the scheme. Now the people had what little life blood returned to them, but were in a deeper hole then they imagined. That was when the madame of the local whore house approached him with numbers, the numbers her whore house made just from outsiders alone.

The Sheriff wasn't a learned man, but he didn't need to be to understand what those zeroes could do for the town. So he embraced her ideal of open doors to anyone and everyone who wished for a safe haven and company for the night. The local Law expanded, and centered on protecting the whore house while they ventured into other service revenues to keep their life blood flowing. The money gains led to salt farming, gunsmithing, leatherworking and all other forms of needed material to be supplied to all who wished it.

Now Hudson's Pass stands as a safe haven to anyone who plays by their rules. It's protected by a vast posse of what's become seasoned killers, all with eyes to protect their town and ensure all who enter follow by it's rules. The Rules are simple, we don't fight among each other inside the town, but we defend it from all who'd take it from us. It exists with the Sheriff being the figure who seems in charge, despite the madame of the best whore house in the old west being the one who's pulling the strings.

Sociology, Economy, Firearms and Defense

Whore's provide the staple for commerce here, but as stated before, they have intensified trade in almost every area. That's made Hudson's pass rife as a neutral ground to exchange ill gotten goods of all sorts. Gunsmiths and other folk of craft also call this their home, manufacturing firearms and other goods for those with the cash to buy them. Mixed together, this provides plenty of jobs and labor, but also lends itself as a hub of gun's for hire.

Firearms for sale are all manner of single action revolvers, rifles and repeaters. Lining a now fort like wall are improved on cannons from the civil war, and other prime defenses that would make an army tremble at the thought of taking it. The coal mins also provide now useful tunnels for defense and commerce alike, ones in which only Hudson's pass native would know how to traverse.

Hudson's pass holds true to the old western's societal views on male and female gender roles. That being said, any woman with the guns and money can still make her way, especially with things being shadow run by the madame. Individuals are still likely to hold prejudice against both the redskins, Yankees, Rebels and blacks alike, but here all are welcome so long as they follow the rules. Supporting this are a myriad of rough individuals who hold stores and positions, ranging the rainbow in colors.

Due to the sexually liberated nature of The Town, Homosexuality is allowed within the walls. It still comes with distrust and fear, as one would expect, but the laws of the town hold no barring against it so long as one can hold back the mobs with either Iron or charm. As always, The Law takes the side of the defender rather then the aggressor, though the line gets blurry in these situations more often then not.

Historical Accuracy Disclaimer.

*Efforts were made to ensure as much historical accuracy with regards to time and area placements, but some mistakes may have been made or concessions allowed for setting purposes. These stand, regardless of what might be true. This is especially true with firearms, as only single action revolvers and other weaponry listed will be allowed. It is not accurate, but the sheer number of possibilities can clunk up the game's focus, which is not to be on gunslinger duels.[/size]

**A big thanks to Black Howling. The coolest husband ever! He did a lot of work on this setting to help me out and I'm truly appreciative! (He says its because he didn't want to wait 2 years for this game.) ...I'd only ever make him way a year and a half.....

But thank you Howling!!!!
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Lady Lunarius

The Rules of Engagement:

• Real life ALWAYS comes first!  This is just writing, and having fun.  If you need to step away, feel free to step away.  We'll always be around, and there is no rush.  But if you're going to be away, please let it be known either to the GM or in the OOC.
  • Be respectful of your fellow writers!  No Godmodding!  Always check to see if the other person is alright with something when it comes to kinks, whether through PMs, Character Sheets, or their On's and Off's thread.
  • Characters Become property of the Game in the advent that you drop out. This mainly applies to players who claim key roles in the town and then stop posting. While we abhor playing other's characters, or doing anything with them, the game must go on.
  • Characters MUST be eighteen years of age or older.  This is for the comfort of everyone involved.
  • List the content of your post in the warning section of the header if it's something sexual or violent. While this game is pretty relaxed about story elements, as long as they fit within the site rules, some individuals may not be alright with reading over certain elements and kinks.  It's totally fine to make fun of the warning section and put jokes in there.  I do it all the time myself, but please list extreme elements or sexual elements.
  • Character Death MUST be decided beforehand!  Even if a writer is open to having their character killed, please be respectful and discuss it with them beforehand.
  • Humans only!  No mythical creatures, aliens, etc.  Mortal humans only.
  • Follow the Site Rules.  Needless to say.
  • Keep your Characters within the Town limits during play.While they might often leave, keep in mind that the game is focused on the town, and what happens outside of it doesn't belong in the threads. 
  • Don't force sex scenes on writers.  While yes this is primarily a smut game, there are meant to be story elements as well. Please respect each others ons and offs as well as boundries... I can not express enough how important this is. I will not allow possessive behavior to chase people away, in and out of character.
  • Don't be afraid to speak up.  If something is bothering you, you're feeling left out, or you want to get out, don't hesitate to let the GM(s) know.  I for one would be more than happy to help out with anything, and am understanding when it comes to needing to leave.  I'll do whatever I can to help out.
  • Let the GM(s) know, or post in the OOC, if you are going to be away for an extended amount of time.  This is mainly for the sake of everyone involved.  If you're having muse issues, need to take a bit of a break, unable to post, or just want to leave, please at least let it be known in the OOC.  The muse comes and goes.  I know that all too well.
  • Leave the drama at the door.  Leave the drama at the door.  If you can't get along with an individual, then don't interact with them.  I am not choosing individuals as to who stays and who goes.  I'm not getting into the middle of others' drama.  If you can't handle being in the same game as another individual, don't bother.
  • Keep it civil.  There's no need for arguing.  I'm a firm believer in the saying that, if you have nothing good to say, it's better to not say anything.

Questions and Answers:

Q: What Section is this story going to be placed in?
A: Extreme Small Groups

Q: Who is The GM?
A: Lady Lunarius

Q: Will there be a Co-Gm?
A: Black Howling

Q: Who can Join?
A: Anyone looking to write smut with a side of story, and abide by the games rules. If you're looking for a good time this is the game for you.

Q: What is the Focus of The Story?
A: The focus of the Story is the lives of those who frequent the whore house, and the town as a whole. There will be cinematic events at various times in game to spice things up, but nothing a western wouldn't entail.

Q: Will there be sexual content?
A: Absolutely! The game, by nature, will ensure plenty of smut. But do not impose on another's story to force it.

Q: How many characters can I play?
A: 3 Primary characters...For now....

Q: Where is the game taking place?
A: The Fictional Town of Hudson's pass, in the State of Texas

Q: Will this be Sandbox or GM Run?
A: Sandbox, with events to help ensure longevity

Q: How will time move?
A: Fluidly. I'll move the story and days along as needed. There will be 3 to a week open for game play as needed. Anything that takes place before gameplay will need to be played out in the History thread.

Q: How Extreme and Graphic will this be?
A: It is up to the players involved in those given scenes. Warnings will be given in the headers of the posts.

Q: Is this town real?
A: No, it is a fictional work, and any resemblance to an actual town is coincidental.

Q: What Limitation are there on Characters?
A: Not Many. Characters must be 18 years of age or older, fit within the time frame and mesh well with the setting as a whole.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Lady Lunarius

Table of Contents

Character Directory and Face Claims

Character

Claire Amos
Missy Amos
Dillon Blackstone
Elliot Masterson
Kit Murdoch
Jake Winston
Gareth Devereux
Lulu Carmel
Velvet LaRue
Mei-Mei Su
Lola Capri
Jeb Kent
Ana Harwell
Takhi Ininiwok
Jane Murdoch
Sarita Chavez
Cindy Jones
Percival Arthur Cornelius Starling
Caitriona Ellis
Conner Bradley
Maximilian Rogers
Marcus Miller
Elliot Merchant
Eliza Merchant
-
-
-
-

|
Face Claim
Miss Mosh
Vivien Leigh
Christian Bale
Val Kilmer
Ansom Mount
Leonardo DiCaprio
Michael Fassbender
Dolly Lamour
Morgana
Hitomi Tanaka
Misa Campo
Jensen Ackles
Lia Habel
Cara Gee
Megan Fox
Eliza Gonzalez
Doutzen Kroes
David Beckham
Renee Felice Smith
Sean Patrick Flanery
Cillian Murphy
Tom Hardy
Sam Elliot
Lindsey Stirling
-
-
-
-

|
Writer

Lady Lunarius
Lady Lunarius
Black Howling
Black Howling
Black Howling
Caitlin
Eternal Blade
TinkerToy
TinkerToy
Foxy Oni
CurvyKitten
LadyElizabeth
LadyElizabeth
LadyElizabeth
Vampyre Valkryie
Vampyre Valkryie
Nintentoast
Praxis
Chi
Josh Arcanum
Deamonbane
Deamonbane
Kiric Rand
Kiric Rand
-
-
-
-

*Strike through indicates an inactive player*

Bio Skeleton:
(Please PM any Face claim and Bio's to myself and Black Howling)

[float=right][img height=250]Image Here[/img][/float]

[i][b]Name: [/b][/i]
[i][b]Age: [/b][/i]

[i][b]Personality:[/b][/i]

[i][b]Appearance:[/b][/i]

[i][b]Sexual Preference:[/b][/i]
[i][b]Position In Town: [/b][/i]
[i][b]Face Claim:[/b][/i]
[i][b]On/Off:[/b][/i]

Example:

Name: Claire Amos

Personality:Stubborn, Bitchy, Ruthless, Mothering, Smothering, Claire has been called a myriad of things. A stern woman she holds fast to her rules, and is rarely lenient with people who get out of line in her "house".  Her girls and customers are treated with the utmost respect so long as they mind her rules, and uphold them as they would the law. Or they may find the law on their asses. Calm and calculating, you may not even realize she's after you until the end of her goons revolver is down your throat.

Appearance:Claire enjoys wearing the most scandalous fashions,she is always one to enjoy the shocked expressions on strangers faces. Her gowns show every curve of her body, and the swell of her breast peeks just enough to cause that stir she thrives on. She wears very little in the way of makeup, opting instead for the bright red paint on her lips and a dark shadow on her eyes. Her hair falling around her shoulders frames her pale features and brings out her piercing blue eyes.

Position In Town: Madame of the Brothel, and Puller of Strings.
Face Claim: Vivien Leigh
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Black Howling

* Black Howling plants flag for notifications and leaves goodies to attract the peoples.

Caitlin

Oh wow, I must say that I'm really impressed! I wasn't looking to join a group game, but I've never played in a Western game before and I'm interested in taking up the role of a doctor. My posting will be pretty limited the first three weeks (though not below whatever limit you set), but after I took an exam I'll be able to post more frequently.

I also figure that a Doctor could be a key figure with helping with gun related injuries and helping the girls getting rid of STD's. :)

I'll do my best to write up a character sheet later today. ;D

Black Howling

Quote from: Caitlin on June 19, 2016, 01:19:33 AM
Oh wow, I must say that I'm really impressed! I wasn't looking to join a group game, but I've never played in a Western game before and I'm interested in taking up the role of a doctor. My posting will be pretty limited the first three weeks (though not below whatever limit you set), but after I took an exam I'll be able to post more frequently.

I also figure that a Doctor could be a key figure with helping with gun related injuries and helping the girls getting rid of STD's. :)

I'll do my best to write up a character sheet later today. ;D

Yes, a doctor would certainly be welcomed!

Caitlin

I have a question about the template, currently it lacks any sort of biography, but I ended up writing a short one for myself anyway since it makes it easier to get into my role like that. Is this something that should be submitted as well, or should I just keep it to myself?

Black Howling

Quote from: Caitlin on June 19, 2016, 02:44:26 AM
I have a question about the template, currently it lacks any sort of biography, but I ended up writing a short one for myself anyway since it makes it easier to get into my role like that. Is this something that should be submitted as well, or should I just keep it to myself?

I see no issue with adding it into the sheet, so go ahead. Luna may want it axed afterward, but I doubt it, she's pretty laid back. Just remember to pm it our way.

Caitlin

I will, I just finished it up. I'll pm it without the biography added I suppose, it's more fun in-game to leave some details left untouched. Although I know that there will be a lot of smut in the game, I also really enjoy writing good storylines and have a character make sense. :)

Vampyre Valkyrie

Count me in! I like you people...and so does my muse :P
“Honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time."

|

Lynnie

*jumps in digging her nails into the thread* See now I'm hooked. Gotta figure out the role I want.

Amelita

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Caitlin on June 19, 2016, 02:44:26 AM

Hi! ^_^ A history section is more than welcomed if you'd like to add it later or now! That really goes for everyone. I'm always about optional bio's in games that are more relaxed. As for your posting time frame that's fine. My request is once or twice a week. I work long hours and have school on Mondays so I am a very slow paced poster. ^_^

Quote from: Vampyre Valkyrie on June 19, 2016, 03:01:25 AM
Count me in! I like you people...and so does my muse :P

Face it you just want to read sexy stuff and write with me!

Quote from: Lynnie on June 19, 2016, 05:44:57 AM
*jumps in digging her nails into the thread* See now I'm hooked. Gotta figure out the role I want.

>.> If you have any questions you know where to find me!

Quote from: Amelita on June 19, 2016, 06:12:47 AM
Oh my...

Tempted darling?
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Lady Lunarius

Double Post cause I can!!!!

I'll be looking over PM's in just a bit, and updating the Table of Contents thread! It's Father's Day so it'll be a bit slow while I get things ready to spoil Howling. ^_^ I'm super excited guys!!
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Amelita

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Praxis

It would impolite of me to refuse an invitation from such a dear.

LaLu...I'm in.

Today is a bit of a gong show however so I'll rustle up a character concept tonight and float him past you.

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Praxis on June 19, 2016, 10:39:22 AM
It would impolite of me to refuse an invitation from such a dear.

LaLu...I'm in.

Today is a bit of a gong show however so I'll rustle up a character concept tonight and float him past you.

I figure that today is going to be hectic and busy for a lot of people, so I'm not rushin anyone. Lovely to have you sweets. ^_^

Quote from: Amelita on June 19, 2016, 10:17:35 AM
I am tempted, mhmm

If there's any more tempting to be had I'd be happy to help once the day settles a bit. *Loves on*
LaLu's Delicious treats!

ladyelizabeth

The Oath of Drake *~*  On/Off's  *~*  A/A's

Caitlin

Can we post our own characters when they're accepted in the thread for it? That way we can adept them later on easier with biographies and stuff. If not, it's also fine, in that case I'll pm the full template including the biography. :)

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Caitlin on June 19, 2016, 11:11:20 AM
Can we post our own characters when they're accepted in the thread for it? That way we can adept them later on easier with biographies and stuff. If not, it's also fine, in that case I'll pm the full template including the biography. :)
I'll be setting up the thread for people to post their sheets when I get home y'all got me super excited for this
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Caitlin

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on June 19, 2016, 11:42:24 AM
I'll be setting up the thread for people to post their sheets when I get home y'all got me super excited for this
Likewise! ;)

It's great to see so much interest. It's clear that you two put a lot of effort into this game, and you came up with a unique concept that we don't see around all that often. It's fun to see so much creativity. ;D

Black Howling

I've already filled all three character slots. >_<

Lady Lunarius

The OOC Is now open!

The Game Information/Character Sheets Thread Is now open!

That said! Anyone who has submitted a sheet at the present time has been accepted! Feel freet to post your sheets in the Character Thread! IC's may pop up today depending on mini's and energy levels!!! ^_^

I'll be fixing up face claims here shortly!
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Lady Lunarius

Just a head up I did update the profile skeletonto include On/Off and Preference...cause I was lame and didn't have it in last night. Just so those working on it and those who've finished their sheet know! Sorry for my lameness....
LaLu's Delicious treats!