D&D 3.5 Forgotten Realms Campaign (No Longer Accepting Apps)

Started by Keelan, September 09, 2010, 11:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keelan

Alright, if you clicked this link, you probably are interested in a D&D campaign in the Forgotten Realms Setting, or maybe just a D&D game overall and the setting matters little (not a problem; I can direct you to a proper wiki if that's the case, and it won't make that much of a difference if you don't know the setting, to be honest).  Anyway, yeah, most likely this is a looking for Players, unless someone would like to offer to be DM on an off chance, though barring that I'll likely be DMing this.

Now, details from a mechanical perspective are thus:
<>Characters would be at level 12, as I rather like that level for starting off.

<>Races would be allowed up to an Level Adjustment +2, though anything with Racial Hit Dice I'd want run by me first

<>Stat rolling/determination will likely be via rolling 4d6, reroll 1's, minimum score of 10, or a point distribution to be decided later if group consensus swings that way. 

<>It would be standard gold for 12th level starting, so 88,000gp, and you can be from anywhere in Faerun (Or don't list an area, and we can fit you most anywhere that would be appropriate)

For the RP side:
<> there will be a storyline, a combat and exploratory element, and also a sexual element.

<>This will not be a Dark and Gritty type of game; I prefer to do more upbeat stuff anyway, but it won't be a gigantic fluff-fest either and 'bad stuff' can and likely will happen at times.

<>I would probably have a character, since I'm looking for this to be a 3 person, 4 person game tops, but the story will not be focused around my character, so don't worry about that.  She'll likely be a lesbian through and through as well, though that said the only type of pairing I'm not interested in including is M/M, so F/M and F/F is fine, but the last of them is most enjoyed by me. 

<>Most any gender and race-type is fine with me, be it Female, Male, Futanari/Dickgirl, Transexual, Furry, Small, Large, etc. are fine with me for characters and most all I can work with (though again, other people may not be okay with many of these so keep that in mind), and naturally I would ask that you take a look at my and whomever else is in this game's O/Os with regards to sexual limits.

Other Information:
<>This game would be either in the Bondage-Exotic-Small Group, or the NC-Exotic-Small Group area, again based on group consensus (an on that note, it could even end up in 'Light' section, but somehow I doubt it with this crowd)

<>In the case of NC I will say this: I don't do violent, graphic, cruel, painful, or obscenely obnoxiously humiliating and dehumanizing NC.  'Hardcore' NC makes me squeemish, so if this does end up NC it will likely be rare or even just a constant 'potential' throughout the game that could never come to fruition if you all play your cards right, and in the event of it occurring it will be non-violent, more about sex than cruelty, breaking of will and spirit, or power, and will likely be downplayed on the psychological side (real rape does serious damage, so realism would be suspended in this regard).

<>Other than that all above, again mind everyone's O/Os, particularly mine as I'm most likely to have the most restrictive 'limits' if experience has told me anything, though feel free to contact me to discuss something I have or do not have listed on O/Os; I haven't updated it recently and it may be due for some upkeep.

Aside from the above, I'd like fairly frequent posters, 1/day minimum and more preferred, 3rd-person writing perspective likely preferred since some have a problem with 1st-Person, and people that are capable of writing well and with some degree of detail.  Don't need to be perfect with your grammar and spelling, and don't need to write a short essay every time you post, but some effort to write clearly and with detail is greatly appreciated.  One-liners, however, are not.

So, that said, please PM me if you are interested, if you may be interested but you have questions first, or if you just plain have questions.  Ideas and suggestions are always appreciated, of course, so feel free to give them ^_^

-Keelan, The Likely DM

sleepingferret

What sort of setting/plot line did you have in mind?  I have every 3/3.5 Forgotten Realms book, and almost every 2nd edition FR book as well...so given time I could essentially plot out anything/anywhere in the Realms.

I have a few character ideas sitting around and if you really don't want to run a game I may have a few ideas...though a couple of them may require slight tweaking if you want the starting level at 12th.

And of course the obligatory question also has to be asked, full access to any 3.5 book or just core plus FR source materials?

Laughing Hyena

If you don't mind me pulling off cool fatalities to the bad guys then I say yes! Sign me up! If you do then I still say Yes!

Keelan

Quote from: sleepingferret on September 09, 2010, 11:47:21 PM
What sort of setting/plot line did you have in mind?  I have every 3/3.5 Forgotten Realms book, and almost every 2nd edition FR book as well...so given time I could essentially plot out anything/anywhere in the Realms.

I have a few character ideas sitting around and if you really don't want to run a game I may have a few ideas...though a couple of them may require slight tweaking if you want the starting level at 12th.

And of course the obligatory question also has to be asked, full access to any 3.5 book or just core plus FR source materials?

In order...
<>The plot, in large, is very non-descriptive at the moment, as I don't know what sort of players will be thrown into the mess.  In fact, you could say that the players and characters I get will determine what plot/storyline/ideas I go with.  I won't say a definite storyline, setting, or plot at the moment, though I will say this much: I tend to like starting out in major towns, most recently Silverymoon in one RP, and they can either go Urban campaign from there or the usual mercenary/adventure stuff that most groups wind up in.  With regards to the books, I would prefer to stick to the 3.5 ones and what I can find on the Wikia, as I'm fairly new to the setting but I've fallen in love with it so very much.

<>It's not that I don't want to DM; I don't have a problem actually DMing, it's just that I've never done a Group RP as a DM before, so it's kind of new to me, I guess you could say, and thus I'm concerned my players won't like it.  That said, I fully planned to DM this unless someone came in and said 'I really want to DM this!'  As for your characters, let me know what the ideas are and I'll see how if they'll be good, okay?

<>Define "any"?  I have access to almost every 3.5 book known to man, but I'm missing some, particularly the setting books for Eberron, the Greyhawk stuff, Ravencroft (I feel I misspelled that...) and the like.  So most anything you can come up with I can handle (famous last words :P)  In short: all of 3.5 is fair game... even Psionics, though mind you if a PC takes it, other NPCs and Enemies could have them too... (ToB is a maybe, however, but not a definite 'no')

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on September 09, 2010, 11:55:30 PM
If you don't mind me pulling off cool fatalities to the bad guys then I say yes! Sign me up! If you do then I still say Yes!

Eh, if it's just you writing with some flair and being descriptive, really can't say 'no' to wanting to put in effort.  Let me know what you have in mind, and we'll see how it works out ^_^

Zaer Darkwail

Well, I am interested to join aswell. Do you allow fey'ri into the party (it is +2 or +3 'tiefling elf' race from FR).

Keelan

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 10, 2010, 12:56:55 AM
Well, I am interested to join aswell. Do you allow fey'ri into the party (it is +2 or +3 'tiefling elf' race from FR).

Fey'ri, without the Special Demonic Abilities (Dimension Door, DR10/Magic, or Enervation ) are considered LA +2, so unless you plan to somehow abuse any of the other abilities (Suggestion, Detect thoughts, the at-will Alter Self), then I see no reason to not allow it ^_^  I normally keep an eye on races that have 'at will' powers like that, though alter-self shouldn't be too bad.

Zaer Darkwail

Okay :). Alter self is mostly for disguises and fun what comes able to change your gender at-will :). Now second question; are you okay with PrC's from pathfinder system? Example arcane archer version from pathfinder is very much better than 'centuries old' DMG version. Ofc it needs converted to 3.5 DnD system rules but change is very sligth (mostly skill wise as spot and listen were combined to perception). I would not otherwise take any feats or spells or other stuff but would like make a 'fey'ri arcane archer' but the DMG arcane archer sucks a lot.

Keelan

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 10, 2010, 01:23:40 AM
Okay :). Alter self is mostly for disguises and fun what comes able to change your gender at-will :). Now second question; are you okay with PrC's from pathfinder system? Example arcane archer version from pathfinder is very much better than 'centuries old' DMG version. Ofc it needs converted to 3.5 DnD system rules but change is very sligth (mostly skill wise as spot and listen were combined to perception). I would not otherwise take any feats or spells or other stuff but would like make a 'fey'ri arcane archer' but the DMG arcane archer sucks a lot.

Hm... I don't usually like to mess with conversions of most any sort, but I've looked over both Arcane Archers and indeed, the 3.75 one trumps the 3.5 one without being horribly, horribly broken.  I'll make you a deal: if you can convert it, and I think it looks good... I'll probably say yes, as I can always throw bigger baddies at you if you end up too powerful, though I may ask you to make some changes prior to implementing the class (in other words: I'll review and possible edit it first, and if it passes, it's likely a go).

Sound good?

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, sounds fine to me :). You got races of wild sourcebook? I thinked pick elven ranger subsitution levels to get a cooshie (a elf hound) as animal companion. Is it okay with you? So far my build is a ranger/sorc/arcane archer.

Keelan

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 10, 2010, 01:42:25 AM
Ok, sounds fine to me :). You got races of wild sourcebook? I thinked pick elven ranger subsitution levels to get a cooshie (a elf hound) as animal companion. Is it okay with you? So far my build is a ranger/sorc/arcane archer.
Ranger/Sor/Arcane Archer is fine build wise, and I typically don't bother with the Multiclassing penalties and XP modifiers, so you don't have to worry about that.  I looked up the Elf Hound, and it is a bit bigger a beast, though the Elf Ranger is balanced out with the d6 hit die... I suspect if you are willing to take the d6 die I would have no problem, but if you aren't, then I'll have to see the sheet, the build, etc first and then it would be a judgement call on my end, because I frankly don't know how you plan to make this particular character right now up front, so... yeah d6 hit die or see if I am fine with it after you write it up, your call.

Zaer Darkwail

I am fine with the d6 HD. Also elf ranger in general has more skill points to spend so I do not mind to be more frail :). As I am archer and I aim not be in melee in first place.

Now a feat; pathfinder has feat called 'Deadly Aim'.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/deadly-aim-combat---final

It would fit so well for archer build and would help with issue regarding 'no dmg as archer'. Consider that many other archery feats give ranged attack roll penalties so if you use several of them you reduce accuracy a lot (but warning; in one game I performer rapid-shot full attack on single mob which did +100 dmg on single mob because all arrows hit and had energy dmg included and favored enemy also). So asking approval use that feat that is.

Keelan

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 10, 2010, 02:09:49 AM
I am fine with the d6 HD. Also elf ranger in general has more skill points to spend so I do not mind to be more frail :). As I am archer and I aim not be in melee in first place.

Now a feat; pathfinder has feat called 'Deadly Aim'.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/deadly-aim-combat---final

It would fit so well for archer build and would help with issue regarding 'no dmg as archer'. Consider that many other archery feats give ranged attack roll penalties so if you use several of them you reduce accuracy a lot (but warning; in one game I performer rapid-shot full attack on single mob which did +100 dmg on single mob because all arrows hit and had energy dmg included and favored enemy also). So asking approval use that feat that is.

I'm going to say a 'no' on that one.  The whole thing about ranged fighters is that they have the ability to attack at range, and can even snipe using hide, I believe.  Your character, if I remember right with the 'distance arrow' will be capable of hitting at a range of... 2200ft maximum?  10RIs at 110' per RI with a Composite Longbow before the Distance enhancement that doubles it to 10 RIs at 220' per RI?  Admittedly, you'll hit pathetically and you'd have to be able to spot the target from there, but then again if done right... that too can be avoided well enough.  This is supposed to be balanced out by the fact that you do comparable shit for damage, and to me that's how the system is supposed to work.  If you want to do damage, you have to get in close and personal... even Sneak Attack has a range of 30, which is still within the charge range of a Dwarf or even a Halfling in Full-Plate.  Notice how high-damaging Melee characters tend to get the tar kicked out of them rather often... that's the trade-off for them, and Wizards can do ass-loads of damage or even do things damage could never compare to... but only for so long whereas a Fighter can wail on things all day based on the mechanics.

...bit of a rant there, but essentially I'm justifying my saying 'no' to the feat.  Besides, didn't you say you would just be using the Arcane Archer from Pathfinder? ^_^

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, your points are true. Also yes I said I use only arcane archer but had to ask approval for one feat related to my build :P. Anycase I start work on the write up on arcane archer, as it's mostly list what skills it has in 3.5 edition I think.

Keelan

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 10, 2010, 02:44:10 AM
Yeah, your points are true. Also yes I said I use only arcane archer but had to ask approval for one feat related to my build :P. Anycase I start work on the write up on arcane archer, as it's mostly list what skills it has in 3.5 edition I think.

Sounds good and works for me.  Send me the info, and then since I get the feeling it won't be too terribly broken (you are one of the Big Group DMs after all :P), your character sheet/app will follow not long after that I suspect.

ff

Archers can do great damage, just put things like energy properties on your weapon (+1d6 of an energy type for base price bonus +1) rather than increasing the enhancement bonus from +1 to +2 to +3 etc. (+1 attack and damage each time).

What also helps with archer damage is often not needing to move before they attack, or using Manyshot to get multiple arrows even when they do move.

ff

Actually i was thinking of a ranger or ranger-scout for my next campaign, although if we already have an archer I may reconsider.  ::)

Kunoichi

*is guessing that there isn't any more room*

Hmm.  Should have posted in here sooner... ^^;

Keelan

Quote from: ff on September 10, 2010, 03:07:05 AM
Archers can do great damage, just put things like energy properties on your weapon (+1d6 of an energy type for base price bonus +1) rather than increasing the enhancement bonus from +1 to +2 to +3 to etc.
Stuff like that is perfectly fine with me, of course, and that is how you deal damage with an Archer.  I was simply saying that, toe for toe with a Fighter, even with Enhancements equal on both parties, and Archer will do comparatively less damage overall... but he can get a good extra number of attacks off before the Fighter ever gets to him, and doesn't have to chase after enemies, so it balances out well enough.

Quote from: ff on September 10, 2010, 03:11:06 AM
Actually i was thinking of a ranger or ranger-scout for my next campaign, although if we already have an archer I may reconsider.  ::)

You could always go Melee Ranger instead, possibly the Substitution of Riposte for Skirmish from the Cityscape Web Enhancement with a Scout if you go that way, so that you get higher AC and get bonus damage against an enemy that hits you.  Or, you could go another route, that would be entirely fine too ^_^

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: ff on September 10, 2010, 03:11:06 AM

There is nothing wrong stack on same job ;). As note you can work as scout in other classes than rogue and ranger. Druids example make excelent scouts (suitable animal forms and high spot and listen checks).

Also good part with arcane archer is that they count both as 'archer' and 'spellcaster' in dmg wise. I just learn any close range heavy hitting burst spells and then hit with range of my bow my foes with it :P. Also combining it with some arcane archer features I can be cheesier than normal blaster (send fireball charged phase arrow to fly inside a enemy tower which your target you see through clairvoyance spell).

Are flaws allowed from unearthed arcana?

Zaer Darkwail

Also what comes being GM on big group game it was years ago when I ran the group and then moderator gave me my own forum to run the game (as it grew big). But my own failings as GM then killed it sadly :/

Kunoichi

Err... >>; Typically, rather than double-posting, what you want to do is edit your already-existing post with the new info.  Trust me, the thread will have the 'new post' icon displayed for everyone else.

Zaer Darkwail

I know, it was kinda 'new post' poke for our potential GM inform I PM'ed the stuff (incase if somereason elliquiy bugs and does not show she has new PM).

sleepingferret

Actually if you really want to "blow" things up.  I use a fighter/wizard/arcane archer/deepwood sniper build.  Park fireball arrows at oncoming enemies before they can even think about hitting you.  That particular character of mine was in a game that DM allowed me to attach a spyglass to my bow and use it like a crude scope so I could actually see and send arrows with relative accuracy at insane distances.

Zaer Darkwail

Also there is pair spells which allow increase watching distance (hawkeye or something) which halved long distance attack pens and pens on spot checks.

sleepingferret

Point was to not waste time with such spells though.  About the only other spell I'd occasionally use would be True Strike to basically ensure I could hit a target regardless of where it was.

Kunoichi

By that level a regular wizard can already cast regular fireballs even farther, though... >>;

*would really like to make a straight-classed Tibbit Psion for this game, or maybe take levels in the Sangehirn prestige class if no one else wants to be healer*

sleepingferret

At 20th level a single classed wizard can target a fireball 1000ft away (prior to any metamagic modifiers).

A Fighter 4/Wizard 5/Arcane Archer 2/Deepwood Sniper 2 (character level 13) has an effective range increment of 185ft with a Composite Longbow.  Thus putting his maximum range at 10 increments at 1850ft, nearly twice that of level 20 wizard.

As for whose fireball would deal the most damage, base damage wise...the 20th level wizard.  But with the right feats my level 13 character could still have 10d6 fireballs.

Edit: Using the Pathfinder version of the Arcane Archer PrC, and taking the Practiced Spellcaster feat would give this character the spells of a 6th level wizard with an effective caster level of 10th.

Laughing Hyena

Me if I go combat its usually up close though if Im a wizard or such I tend to play the control nut. Using spells that make an enemy submit to my will or incapacitate them to thin numbers faster with less friendly fire mishaps. Anyway I see we will have a bowman type warrior, but what of the rest? What are we all planning? Id rather make sure there's no true staple missing.

sleepingferret

Edited/Updated:  Still working on "race" issues, but I will be using a Psychic Warrior 4/Soulknife 8 character build. 

Zaer Darkwail

My intended build is ranger/sorc/arcane archer (fey'ri). So have 10 class levels to play with. I racially get bonus to Int but favored class for fey'ri is sorcerer (ironic kinda). I intention is to get cooshie (elf hound from races of wild) as animal companion and pick animal bond feath with him (or if GM allows house rule wise could make 'animal bond' merely allow cooshie improve based on char level than ranger levels) to make cooshie more capable companion in battle (intend teach my pet perform bull rush and pick improved bull rush feat).

Anycase overall I think my char level is going to be ranger 6/sorc 1/arcane archer 3 (so effective CL 3 for now until in level 12 I pick practiced spellcaster). So my spellcasting abilities will be rather minimal at this point. So I count more as regular archer with some magic 'tricks' but in few levels my char can become quite nightmare to deal with.

Laughing Hyena

And since we have a healer with us in the form of psychic and I believe a psychic warrior. I could play a wizard or sorcerer. with perhaps maybe a touch of rogue assuming no one else is playing such a rogue. Otherwise I'll go pure mage with perphaps a sutiable build towards controlling enemies, or paralyzing them.

Kunoichi

I said I'd handle healing if no one else will, but my actual preferred character at the moment is a Tibbit Psion (Telepath)/Thrallherd.  Because a telepathic cat with its own cult would be hilarious. :P

Zaer Darkwail

Hmm, in ancient empires of faerun was mage PrC which asked you have evasion and gives sneak attacks over the levels (full spellcasting progression). Also same PrC allowed cast some metamagic feats for free without increasing spell slot and it specifically said it's wizard only PrC (and could enter only after 9th or 10th level as it asked able memorize and cast spells of 4th level).

Kunoichi

Rolling for stats.
4d6.takeHighest(3)=13
4d6.takeHighest(3)=16
4d6.takeHighest(3)=16
4d6.takeHighest(3)=10
4d6.takeHighest(3)=8
4d6.takeHighest(3)=15

...Huh.  Now that was a good stat roll. ^^;

And come to think of it, I can just make my Thrall a healer.  I can't believe I didn't realize that sooner. Oo; Okay, that covers that useful party role.

Zaer Darkwail

STR 10, DEX 18, CON 15, INT 12, WIS 12, CHA 15

Nice stats also here. fey'ri get +2 Dex, -2 Con and +2 Int. Plan to have Con 14 and Cha 16. Also your char sounds nice Kunoichi :).

Kunoichi

Alright, Pumiro the Tibbit Telepath is almost done. ^^ Now I have an important question that needs to be answered, though.

By the Rules As Written, Psicrystals, as intelligent creatures that have hit dice equal to those of their masters, gain one feat, plus one for every three hit dice they have.  There have been endless debates over whether or not this was intentional on the part of the people who wrote the psionics rules or if it was simply an oversight, but all have generally agreed that it's best for individual DMs to decide for their own games whether or not to allow Psicrystals to gain feats.

So...  I can haz feats for pet rock, pleez? ^^;

Zaer Darkwail

Rofl, pet rock indeed. I think they function like familiars so they do not gain bonus feats like say, animal companions do but like you said it's GM's call.

Keelan

Quote from: Kunoichi on September 10, 2010, 08:04:23 AM
Alright, Pumiro the Tibbit Telepath is almost done. ^^ Now I have an important question that needs to be answered, though.

By the Rules As Written, Psicrystals, as intelligent creatures that have hit dice equal to those of their masters, gain one feat, plus one for every three hit dice they have.  There have been endless debates over whether or not this was intentional on the part of the people who wrote the psionics rules or if it was simply an oversight, but all have generally agreed that it's best for individual DMs to decide for their own games whether or not to allow Psicrystals to gain feats.

So...  I can haz feats for pet rock, pleez? ^^;
Hm... not too familiar with Psi Crystals... but if the book says they get feats... I say they get feats at half the rate of it's owner.  You do gain feats, but at every 6 levels.  I don't know what all a Psicrystal can do, but having 4-5s does not seem to sound right to me; 2-3 sounds about right though, for a pet rock ^_^

Now I need to look up Psicrystals...

swordwind

Seeing as it has been a long time since I've joined up in a RP forum game I'd like to stretch my arms and give this a shot. Seeing as we have atomic bomb arrows being crafted and reality bending psions that bend flesh back to good condition, or something of that matter, I think the tried and true melee class will work just fine for me.

So I guess my question is where online would I go about to crafting this particular person?

Keelan

Quote from: swordwind on September 10, 2010, 11:55:44 AM
Seeing as it has been a long time since I've joined up in a RP forum game I'd like to stretch my arms and give this a shot. Seeing as we have atomic bomb arrows being crafted and reality bending psions that bend flesh back to good condition, or something of that matter, I think the tried and true melee class will work just fine for me.

So I guess my question is where online would I go about to crafting this particular person?
Well, it's always worth giving it a shot to see if you'll be in the game, and a melee hitter would be nice in the group.  As for where to go... you can try a site like Myth-Weavers, or you can download and electronic character sheet (some are Excel documents, some are PDFs, though if you do this you need to find some way I can pull the sheet up and reference it).  One way is to just type the entire sheet up by hand in Word or Notepad (or equivalents), if you know the sheets well enough and don't mind the time&effort to do so.  Trust me, if you run key words through google, you'll find a lot of options ^_^

All the details for making the character are on page 1 of this thread, check their for the mechanical details and the like if you haven't already.  Anymore questions, ask away!

Kunoichi

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 10, 2010, 08:45:06 AM
Rofl, pet rock indeed. I think they function like familiars so they do not gain bonus feats like say, animal companions do but like you said it's GM's call.

Familiars are 'treated' as though they gain hit dice equal to their master's level in the class that they come from, while for psicrystals, the entry for HD is simply 'As Master'.  They're similar, but different in subtle-yet-important ways, see?

Quote from: Keelan on September 10, 2010, 11:36:12 AM
Hm... not too familiar with Psi Crystals... but if the book says they get feats... I say they get feats at half the rate of it's owner.  You do gain feats, but at every 6 levels.  I don't know what all a Psicrystal can do, but having 4-5s does not seem to sound right to me; 2-3 sounds about right though, for a pet rock ^_^

Now I need to look up Psicrystals...

The book doesn't say that they get feats, but it also doesn't say that they don't get feats. ^^; Hence why there's a debate.  I'm fine either way, really, the feats would just be a fun way for me to differentiate my psicrystal from others.  About the only time it gets anywhere close to being overpowered is when you start using that Tome of Battle 'you gain a maneuver' feat to give it useful boosts and counters...

Other than that, it's fairly limited in what feats it can actually qualify for, due to having limited stats and only having the skillset of its owner.

Laughing Hyena

Invisible Castle Roll off. I will be creating a sorcerer.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2683035/

Kunoichi

I'm afraid that link doesn't go to the actual rolled stats, Hyena. ^^;

RubySlippers

Have room I'll consider being - now wait in anticipation - are you all ready?

Female Human Fighter12th Level

Laughing Hyena

I'll be setting up my character shortly. Working on him using plothook. Was thinking of a Sorcerer but the Tiefling would not work well with that. Which is a shame.

Kunoichi

I've just got to make power selections, then work out the stats on my Thrall.  That character will be 11th level, and I'll be making him or her capable of handling the healing for the party in case nobody else wants to step up for that.

I'm thinking a Cloistered Cleric, with some appropriate domain selections to get a strong secondary role going.  I'm thinking either the Kobold and Trickery domains to handle the 'rogue' role, or the Magic and Spell domains, to act as a sort of pseudo Mystic Theurge...

Laughing Hyena

Meh. I'll do a tiefling anyway. It'll be fun trying to make it good at what it does. Can't find a XP chart... Dangit... Someone mind helping me with how one does this whole level adjustment with a monster class? I realize I am a level 11 sorcerer but my question is before that what are my base stats? Are they akin to an outsider template in advancement? Or does it utterly follow my sorcerer levels when I take up my first level as a sorcerer? or do all of my levels follow sorcerer guidelines?

Kunoichi

You know, if you don't want to have to deal with all that complicated level adjustment stuff, there's always being a Lesser Planetouched.  Basically, change your type from Outsider (Native) to Humanoid (Planetouched), and that's enough to get rid of your level adjustment.  You'll count as both an Outsider and a Humanoid for the purposes of spell targeting, though, so you'll have to, for instance, worry about both Charm Person and Banishment...

But for a spellcaster, that's still a better option than level adjustment, especially for a Sorceror.

Laughing Hyena

Could you explain this in further detail? May I ask what bonuses that would come with such a change?

Kunoichi

The bonus is that you don't have to deal with level adjustment, which, for casters, is crippling. ^^; You also get all the listed Tiefling traits.  The only change is that your type changes from Outsider to Humanoid(Planetouched), and you're called a Lesser Tiefling, rather than a Tiefling.

Edit: And rolling stats for my cohort...

Rolling stats.
4d6.takeHighest(3)=11
4d6.takeHighest(3)=11
4d6.takeHighest(3)=11
4d6.takeHighest(3)=4
4d6.takeHighest(3)=18
4d6.takeHighest(3)=12

...Huh.  Everything except that 4, I'd be able to live with... ><;

Laughing Hyena

Well... It would only put me behind a single level. Thats not too horrible. This also give me more base bonuses that honestly most don't have. :-) Still thanks for the help.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on September 10, 2010, 08:44:20 PM
Meh. I'll do a tiefling anyway. It'll be fun trying to make it good at what it does. Can't find a XP chart... Dangit... Someone mind helping me with how one does this whole level adjustment with a monster class? I realize I am a level 11 sorcerer but my question is before that what are my base stats? Are they akin to an outsider template in advancement? Or does it utterly follow my sorcerer levels when I take up my first level as a sorcerer? or do all of my levels follow sorcerer guidelines?

Tieflings follow the guidelines of their class than what type they are. Treat them as any regular humanoid in that regard (they do not gain skill points or skills as most other outsiders do). Of course they can qualify for certain 'outsider only' feats and such.

Also what comes to 'lesser tiefling' there are several variants and most of them 'take away' something. One variant was reduce all resistances to 2, loose darkness and instead get some other spell (which improves to darkness if you take a 'level' as tiefling) and you loose Dex bonus from the race (but keep +2 int and -2 Cha). Also note indeed it's handicapping to become sorcerer as tiefling but it's also lots fun fidge around with it :). Anycase I recommend stick as regular tiefling as one level loss can be easily managed. Or if our GM allows you could 'buy off' your LA away. Meaning you still start as 11 char but your short XP away from 12th level (and have no LA).

sleepingferret

Race restriction (aside from those with racial HD which automatically require clearance with Keelan first) is limited to +2, although if you have any questions talk to Keelan.  However for all intents and purposes ignore the fact that you have a LA and make a 12th level character.  Thus a tiefling would have a final ECL of 13.

Kunoichi

We're allowed up to +2 free LA?  I see...

*looks for some good templates*

Zaer Darkwail

Umh, I think Keelan meant that we can take up to max +2 LA races. But LA still counts towards the levels you have. I PM'ed already charsheet to her (it has +2 LA and so made 10th level char). She accepted it nor asked 'correct' it so I assume LA still takes away your levels from 12 level. But the actual max amount of LA what you can take is +2 to avoid taking 'too much' or take too weird races.

Kunoichi

*had a feeling that was the case, but had no proof*

^^; I see.  Good thing I decided to wait and hear Keelan's official stance on things before making any changes to my character sheet, then.

Teridas

Is there still room in this? Have to brush up on my 3.5 luckily I have a crate filled with D&D books so I can look them over.
I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.  I aim with my eye.

I do not shoot with my hand;  He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.  I shoot with my mind.

I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.  I kill with my heart.

Kunoichi

We're already over the limit, so Keelan's just decided to let everyone apply, and then she'll pick the characters she likes best out of all the applicants.  Feel free to sign up. ^^

Laughing Hyena

Character is Complete! Meet Xagoris the Tiefling Sorcerer. Soon to be a God of Magic! ... oh wait shes still alive! Okay! I'll settle for Lesser God!!

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=7683

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, any number of peeps can apply and post sheets and then Keelan hand picks those which she likes most and then she develops the plot based on what group she gets in her hands. Example if group is good-neutral, then some good plot. Neutral party then brings in different plot and then evil-neutral party will have evil plot etc.

Laughing Hyena

sleepingferret

Stat sheet only for now.... character background and such to be posted later.  But my eyes are going crazy from staring at table code for a while, so I'll edit this later.

Name: Zerchai Race: Githzerai Alignment: Lawful Neutral Patron Deity: None Homeland: Plane of Limbo/Waterdeep
Height: 6' 3" Weight: 188 lbs Gender: Male Age: 26
Class: Psychic Warrior 4/Soulknife 8 Level: 12 (ECL: 14) Current XP: 91,001 Next Level XP: 105,000
Hit Points: 86/86            Temporary Hit Points: 0/0      Hit Dice:11+7d10(50)+4d8(14)+11
Initiative: +6 = 6 DEX + 0 MISC       Speed: 30 ft (40 ft w/Speed of Thought)
Armor Class: 20 (26 w/Inertial Armor) = 10 + 0 (+6) ARMOR + 6 DEX + 1 NATURAL + 3 DEFLECT + 0 SHIELD + 0 DODGE + 0 MISC
Flat-Footed AC: 16 (22 w/Inertial Armor) = 10 + 0 (+6) ARMOR + 1 NATURAL + 3 DEFLECT + 2 MISC
Touch AC: 19 = 10 + 6 DEX + 3 DEFLECT + 0 DODGE + 0 MISC
Damage Reduction: Resist Fire 5 (Crimson Dragonhide Bracers)
Spell/Power Resistance: 17 PR
Character Type Notations: Extraplanar Medium Sized Humanoid (see Complete Psionics pg 147-148 for Githzerai reference; and see Expanded Psionics Handbook pg 184 for Psionic Creature references)
STR 16  +3 Base Attack Bonus: +9/+4                   Fortitude Save: +7 = 6 BASE + 1 CON + 0 ENHANCE + 0 MISC
DEX 19 (23) +6 Melee Attack: +12/+7                          Reflex Save: +13 = 7 BASE + 6 DEX + 0 ENHANCE + 0 MISC
CON 12  +1 Ranged Attack: +15/+10                      Will Save: +9 = 7 BASE + 2 WIS + 0 ENHANCE + 0 MISC
INT  14  +2
WIS  15  +2Psi-Like Abilities (Manifester Level: 6th; Psi-Like Abilities that can be augmented are manifested as if 6 Power Points were spent; Base Save DC 10 + Power Level + CHA)
CHA 10  +0 3/day - inertial armor (EPH pg 113), psionic daze (EPH pg 90), catfall (EPH pg 82), and concussion blast (EPH pg 85) 1/day - psionic plane shift (EPH pg 124)

Racial Abilities: 60 ft Darkvision, Naturally Psionic, Psi-Like Abilities, Power Resistance
Languages: Gith, Common, Undercommon, Draconic
Class Abilities: Simple and Martial Weapon Proficiency, Armor Proficiency (all), Shield Proficiency (except tower), Psionics (Psychic Warrior), +2 Mind Blade, Throw Mind Blade, Free Draw, Shape Mind Blade, Psychic Strike +2d8, Mind Blade Enhancement +1
Feats: Wild Talent, Speed of Thought, Weapon Focus (mind blade), Improved Unarmed Combat, Psionic Meditation, Practiced Manifester (Psychic Warrior), Two-Bladed Mind Blade, Two-Weapon Fighting, Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting
Skills: Listen +8 (6 ranks + 2 WIS), Spot +8 (6 ranks + 2 WIS), Search +4 (2 ranks + 2 INT), Autohypnosis +14 (10 ranks + 2 WIS + 2 SYN), Concentration +14 (13 ranks + 1 CON), Tumble +18 (10 ranks + 6 DEX + 2 SYN), Jump +13 (8 ranks + 3 STR + 2 SYN), Balance +13 (5 ranks + 6 DEX + 2 SYN), Climb +8 (5 ranks + 3 STR), Swim +7 (4 ranks + 3 STR), Knowledge: Psionics +7 (3 ranks + 2 INT + 2 SYN), Knowledge: Religion +4 (2 ranks + 2 INT)

Weapons

+2 Keen Mind Blade(short sword) +15/+10 melee (or +18 ranged; 30 ft increment) 1d6+5 (17-20x2)      Notes: Free Draw (EPH pg 28), Throw Mind Blade (EPH pg 28)
+1 Keen Mind Blade(pair of short swords) +12/+7 and +12/+7 melee (or +15/+15 ranged; 30 ft increment) 1d6+4 (17-20x2)      Notes: Shape Mind Blade (EPH pg 28), Throw Mind Blade
+1 Keen/+1 Keen Two-Bladed Mind Blade(two-bladed sword) +12/+7 and +12/+7 melee (or +17 ranged; 30 ft increment) 1d8+4 (17-20x2)      Notes: Shape Mind Blade, Two-Bladed Mind Blade feat (Complete Psionics pg 58), Throw Mind Blade

Psionic Powers - Psychic Warrior
Base Save DC: 10 + Power Level + WIS
Power Points: 13/13Manifester Level: 8thMax Power Level Known: 2ndPowers Known: 4
1st Level Powers: Detect Psionics (EPH pg 91-92),  Dissipating Touch (EPH  pg 95), Biofeedback (EPH pg 80)
2nd Level Powers: Psionic Lion's Charge (EPH pg 125)

Equipment and Wealth
210 gp in coins (200gp, 95sp, 50cp)
Boots of Agile Leaping (pg 76 MIC)
Masterwork Potion Belt of Many Pockets (pg 147 Complete Arcane and pg 96 FR: Campaign Setting)
-Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds (3)
-Potion of Cure Serious Wounds (3)
-Potion of Displacement (2)
-Potion of Neutralize Poison
-Potion of Remove Disease
Gloves of Dexterity +4 (pg 257 DMG)
Ring of Protection +3 (pg 232 DMG)
Necklace of Warning (pg 118 MIC)
Crimson Dragonhide Bracers (pg 90 MIC)
Brute Ring (pg 83 MIC)
Survival Pouch (pg 173 Races of the Wild)
Cognizance Crystal (Power Points: 7/7;pg 154 MIC/pg 167 Expanded Psionics)
Shiftweave (pg 133 MIC)
Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds (9)
Belt Pouch
Flint and Steel
Monk's Outfit (2)
Cold Weather Outfit (2)
Winter Blanket (2)
Tindertwig (200)
Map/Scroll Case
Thunderstone (5)
Alchemist's fire (5)

Keelan

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 11, 2010, 02:44:15 AM
Umh, I think Keelan meant that we can take up to max +2 LA races. But LA still counts towards the levels you have. I PM'ed already charsheet to her (it has +2 LA and so made 10th level char). She accepted it nor asked 'correct' it so I assume LA still takes away your levels from 12 level. But the actual max amount of LA what you can take is +2 to avoid taking 'too much' or take too weird races.

Um... actually the other guy is right; I meant +2 LA free, I forgot to mention it to you when you sent me your char sheet >.<  The reason for this is that, in my opinion, at 12 level the fact that you have an extra +2, or the fact that you can cast Darkness one more time, or the fact that you have an aura of [insertnamehere] really doesn't have too big an impact at higher levels.  The only limiter was on the Racial HD, but that's because it tends to make things more complicated on my end checking through it all in the MM and sometimes the details of those with Racial HD aren't always the clearest.  That aside, I never really felt that SR on Drow, or the extra two +2s, really made a Drow the equivalent of a 14th level character, though it's certainly much stronger than a 1st level character, but power in D&D 3.5 scales unevenly as you grow in levels, so that extra 'racial bonus' means less and less unless you find something really broken, which I haven't seen any I consider so yet.

So yeah, to put it simply: Everyone make a 12th Level Character, using a Race up to but not exceeding LA2, to come up with an ECL of 14

Zaer Darkwail

Ah, my bad then! Okay, I update my char then (love new spell level and more hit point and stuff XD).

Zaer Darkwail

Nice stuff; one sorc level gave me good area effect spell for imbue arrow (fireburst) and allowed me to replace burning hands with color spray (not that offensive tool but if I want knock out several low level mobs that is handy spell). If there is better spell for first level I am open to suggestions (I thinked shock and awe or combat readiness or some buff spell or other utility spell). Arrow Mind also visited in my thought but as archer I plan avoid melee anyways. 12th level feat; Woodland sniper (races of wild). So I am now officially sniper ranger now :P. One the benefits I can mimic with guided shot (and guided shot being superior also for same task) but two others are nice (miss and get bonus next shot and also allow move while sniping; both priceless).

Kunoichi

Quote from: Keelan on September 11, 2010, 10:43:54 AM
Um... actually the other guy is right; I meant +2 LA free, I forgot to mention it to you when you sent me your char sheet >.<  The reason for this is that, in my opinion, at 12 level the fact that you have an extra +2, or the fact that you can cast Darkness one more time, or the fact that you have an aura of [insertnamehere] really doesn't have too big an impact at higher levels.  The only limiter was on the Racial HD, but that's because it tends to make things more complicated on my end checking through it all in the MM and sometimes the details of those with Racial HD aren't always the clearest.  That aside, I never really felt that SR on Drow, or the extra two +2s, really made a Drow the equivalent of a 14th level character, though it's certainly much stronger than a 1st level character, but power in D&D 3.5 scales unevenly as you grow in levels, so that extra 'racial bonus' means less and less unless you find something really broken, which I haven't seen any I consider so yet.

So yeah, to put it simply: Everyone make a 12th Level Character, using a Race up to but not exceeding LA2, to come up with an ECL of 14

Alright then. ^^

*takes the Fire-Souled template for her Tibbit*

Hmm.  And do I want my cohort to be an Aasimar, or a Half-Nymph...?

Keelan

Quote from: Kunoichi on September 11, 2010, 03:15:02 PM
Alright then. ^^

*takes the Fire-Souled template for her Tibbit*

Hmm.  And do I want my cohort to be an Aasimar, or a Half-Nymph...?
Go with Aasimar, in my opinion.  It's a cohort, after all, and half-nymphs make better PCs in my opinion (plus I was considering making a half-nymph :P)

Kunoichi

*just got done applying the Half-Fey template from Fiend Folio to a Lesser Aasimar base race*

^^; Well, between the sparklies, the butterfly wings, and the nun outfit, I'd say this is going to be either an absolutely hilarious character, or one who isn't very funny at all...  Though I'd say she's at least likely to be rather sexy, at any rate.

Both character sheets are pretty much done now, by the way.  Should I put them up here, or send them to you?

Keelan

Whichever you'd prefer, and a half-fey Aasimar... boggles my mind a bit to be honest, but she'll doubtlessly be lovely ^_^

Kunoichi

Well, all it really requires is for a noble aasimar paladin to have been travelling through some fair dryad's forest, and then a little romance.  The fey aren't always known for being caring parents, so said child could then have been left on the steps to a temple of Sharess, and...

QuoteExp: --

Things to remember:

"Bauble", 12 HD PSICRYSTAL
Diminutive Construct
Hit Dice: 12d12 (31)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares), climb 30 ft.*, Fly 60 feet (poor)*
Armor Class: 21 (+4 size, +2 Dex*, +5 natural), touch 16, flatfooted 19
Base Attack/Grapple: +9/-8
Attack: --
Full Attack: --
Space/Reach: 1 ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: --
Special Qualities: Construct traits, hardness 8, psicrystal granted abilities (Improved Evasion, Liar Personality, Self-Propulsion, Share Powers, Sighted, Telepathic Link, Deliver Touch Powers, Telepathic Speech, Flight, Power Resistance 17)
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +10
Abilities: Str 1*, Dex 15*, Con --, Int 11, Wis 10, Cha 12
Skills: Bluff +16, Climb +14*, Concentration +15, Diplomacy +20, Knowledge (Psionics) +12, Listen +4, Move Silently +6, Psicraft +11, Search +4, Sense Motive +15, Spot +4
Feats: Communicator (1/day Arcane Mark, Comprehend Languages, Message), Spell Hand (1/day Mage Hand, Open/Close, Tenser's Floating Disk), Improved Flight
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Name: Pumiro
Race: Fire-Souled Tibbit
Height: 2'8"
Weight: 32 lbs
Class: Psion (Telepath) 5/Thrallherd 7
Languages: Common, Feline, any 3 others
Melee/Ranged BAB: +4/+5
AC/Touch AC: 11(+0 Dex; +0 Armor, +1 Size)/11
HP: 62 (-0)
Strength: 8 (-1)
Dexterity: 10 (+0)
Constitution: 16 (+3)
Intelligence: 19/25 (+7)
Wisdom: 13 (+1)
Charisma: 19 (+4)

Fort: +11 (3+3+5)
Ref: +8 (3+0+5)
Will: +15 (9+1+5)

Focused: Yes
Power Points: 144 (-0)

Powers Known:
1st
Attraction(A)
Charm, Psionic(A)
Entangling Ectoplasm(A)
Inertial Armor(A)
Mindlink(A)
Vigor(A)
2nd
Crystalstorm(A)(CPsi)
Ego Whip(A)
Read Thoughts
Share Pain
Suggestion, Psionic(A)
3rd
Dispel Psionics(A)
Energy Wall
Time Hop(A)
4th
Dimension Door, Psionic
Dominate, Psionic(A)
Freedom of Movement, Psionic
Mindwipe(A)
Telekinetic Maneuver(A)
5th
Cranial Deluge(A)(CPsi)
Mind Probe
Shatter Mind Blank
True Seeing, Psionic
6th
Overland Flight, Psionic

Race and Class Features:
Small Monstrous Humanoid (Fire, Shapechanger)
Base Land Speed 20 ft
Darkvision 60 ft.
Feline Transformation: See Dragon Compendium p.25 (AC 13, Ref +9)
+2 racial to Spot, Jump and Escape Artist.
Immune to Stunning and Daze
Overwhelming Passion - By touching an opponent with a melee or touch attack, the opponent loses on Special Attack whose save is based on Charisma (Will Negates, DC is Charisma-Based).  The lost ability is chosen by the Fire-Souled creature as long as he'she has seen it used and is lost for (Charisma modifier) rounds.  Usable once per day per 2 HD (minimum 1).
Inspiring - All allies within 10' receive a +1 Morale bonus on all attacks and skill checks -and- receive a +2 Morale bonus on saves vs. Charm and Fear effects.  Active when the creature is awake.
Bonus Feat (Psicrystal Affinity)
Discipline (Telepath)
Telepathic Communication (Replaces 5th level bonus feat; Telepathy 5 ft/Manifester level)
Thrallherd (Leadership Score 23; 1 Thrall 16th-level; Believers 90 1st-level, 9 2nd-level, 5 3rd-level, 3 4th-level, 2 5th-level, 1 6th-level)
Psionic Charm
Psionic Dominate
Greater Dominate

Skills: (80 points)
Bluff – 19 (12+4+3)
Concentration – 23 (15+3+5)
Diplomacy – 21 (15+4+2+2)
Knowledge (Psionics) – 19 (12+7)
Psicraft – 20 (11+7+2)
Sense Motive – 20 (15+2)

Feats:
(B)Psicrystal Affinity (Liar)
1.) Inquisitor
3.) Extend Power
6.) Mindsight
9.) Shape Soulmeld (Charming Veil - 1+Essentia invested to Save DCs of Charm and Compulsion Powers and PLAs.)
12)Bonus Essentia (2 Essentia)

Equipment: 88,000 gp - 88,000 = 0 gp
+6 Headband of Intellect -36,000
+5 Cloak of Resistance -25,000
Collar of Perpetual Attendance -2,000
Ring of Sustenance -2,500
Ring of Mind Shielding -8,000
Tunic of Steady Spellcasting -2,500
Belt of Battle -12,000

QuoteExp: --

Things to remember:

Name: Sherry
Race: Half-Fey Lesser Aasimar
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 133 lbs
Class: Cloistered Cleric 11
Languages: Common, Celestial,
Melee/Ranged BAB: +5/+5
AC/Touch AC: 10(+0 Dex; +0 Armor)/10
HP: 0 (-0) (+2 Dex, -2 Con, +4 Wis, +6 Cha)
Strength: 11 (+0)
Dexterity: 13 (+1)
Constitution: 10 (+0)
Intelligence: 10 (+0)
Wisdom: 22/26 (+8)
Charisma: 18 (+4)

Fort: +10 (7+0+3)
Ref: +7 (3+1+3)
Will: +18 (7+8+3)

Spells Prepared:
0th
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
1st
D-Disguise Self
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
2nd
D-Lastai's Caress
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
3rd
D-Heart's Ease
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
4th
D-Remove Fatigue
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
5th
D-Eagle's Splendor, Mass
[ ] Extended Greater Luminous Armor
[ ]
[ ]
6th
D-Mislead
[ ]
[ ]

Race and Class Features:
Medium Fey (Planetouched)
Base Land Speed 30 ft
Fly Speed 60 ft (Good maneuverability)
Low-Light Vision
Darkvision 60 ft.
Damage Reduction 5/Cold Iron
Resistance to Acid 5, Cold 5, and Electricity 5
Immune to Enchantment spells and effects
Daylight (Sp) - 1/day, CL 11
Spell-like Abilities, CL equals level:
Charm Person at will, Hypnotism 1/day, Faerie Fire or Glitterdust 1/day
Detect Law 3/day, Sleep or Enthrall 1/day
Protection from Law 3/day, Tasha's Hideous Laughter or Suggestion 1/day
Confusion or Emotion 1/day
Eyebite or Lesser Geas 1/day
Dominate Person or Hold Monster 1/day
Turn Undead (Su) - 11 times per day
Knowledge Domain (All Knowledge skills as class skills)
Pleasure Domain (Immune to Charisma damage and drain)
Trickery Domain (Add Bluff, Disguise and Hide as class skills)
Domain Spontaneity (Trickery Domain)
Lore (Ex) - As Bardic Knowledge
Spellcasting (Add 0th-Message; 1st-Erase, Identify, Unseen Servant; 2nd-Fox's Cunning; 3rd-Illusory Script, Secret Page, Tongues (3rd level, rather than 4th); 4th-Detect Scrying; 6th-Analyze Dweomer; 7th-Sequester; 9th-Vision)

Skills: (84 points)
Bluff – 17 (12+2+3)
Concentration – 23 (15+3+5)
Diplomacy – 19 (15+2+2+2)
Knowledge (Religion) – 19 (12+7)
Spellcraft – 20 (11+7+2)
Sense Motive – 20 (15+2)

Feats:
1.) Extra Turning
3.) Extend Spell
6.) Persistent Spell
9.) Divine Metamagic (Persistent Spell)

Equipment: 33,000 gp - 33,000 = 0 gp
+4 Periapt of Wisdom -16,000
+3 Vest of Resistance -9,000
CL 1 Wand of Lesser Vigor x8 -6,000
Heward's Handy Haversack -2,000

Voila. ;D

Zaer Darkwail

I thought link this, this is closest pic what I had ever find about what Tibbit looks like; http://farm1.static.flickr.com/155/421541865_3e1eebf275.jpg

Now seriously tough; what tibbit looks when their in 'humanoid' form? Or what is the form what they transform into cat?

Kunoichi

Pumiro in humanoid form looks much like a halfling, merely with pointed ears, cat-like eyes, and hair reminiscent of her cat form's fur.  In her cat form, she looks like any other ordinary housecat, though her gear changes shape to suit that form.  So, she's a cat with a headband, a collar, a tunic, a cloak, two little anklets, and a belt...

Kunoichi

Minus the cat ears and tail, but otherwise, yes.  The pointed ears are more like elves.

Keelan

First off, love the first picture anyway; 'twas cute ^_^

Second, and I don't know what the ages for Tibbit are like, but she is firmly mature at 16, right?  Normally I'm wary of anything younger than 18, and I don't believe you would be trying to implement anything underage or immature, but I still have my paranoia when I see certain things and asking helps soothe them :P

Kunoichi

Tibbits mature at 14, actually. ^^; 16 for her is probably something like 20 for humans.

Keelan

Ah, that shall be quite fine then; like I said, didn't think you were trying to put in something immature or anything, but I do like to be cautious on certain things, and would rather be too cautious than not enough ^_^

Looks quite good, by the way, both of them (and the pet rock XD)

Zaer Darkwail

Hehe, indeed pet rock :). Would tibbit lick her pet lock if it happen to be somesort 'cat mint' tasting rock?

Anyways in Elliquiy is rule that you can play even three year old cyborg so long physically and mentally char is +16 in age (or was it strictly 18?).

Laughing Hyena

Huh. I have a good deal of gold left over. How much I wonder would it cost to aquire some kind of tower or stronghold?

Kunoichi

Yeah, I'm especially proud of those last two feat choices on Pumiro. ;D I just toss on a little Incarnum, and suddenly my mind control powers are at a +3 to their DC...  And the best part is, it adds on a translucent blue veil, so I can now say that in her humanoid form, Pumiro's dressed like a belly dancer. ;D That should be rather interesting.

The basic rule is that they have to be physically and mentally mature, Zaer.  So, no child with an adult's mind, or adult with a child's mind, but an adult in an adult body is fine.

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on September 12, 2010, 03:09:16 AM
Huh. I have a good deal of gold left over. How much I wonder would it cost to aquire some kind of tower or stronghold?

I think you'd be better off improving your armor or purchasing a few extra wondrous items, myself. ^^; Strongholds are rather expensive, as I recall...

Keelan

@Zaer- It's 16, and I know the site rules say what they say, but my personal comfort is with age 18 equivalence, regardless of what the rules say it to be.  Anything that is not about to graduate highschool, in terms of human age, is too young for my personal comfort, but that's just for humans of course.  If it were a newborn Warforged with a mature body and mind, I would have no qualms, but since it was a living biological race that does age, and the number popped up, I chose to air on the cautionary side, just in case and to sate my personal concerns with respect to my comfort zone.

@Hyena- Um... not entirely sure... but if I remember the cityscape book, it costs like 3d6 x 1000gp for a 'manor', or something like that, so it will likely not be affordable on your given gold.  I'll think about it though, and see what I can possibly do for you.

Blackshade10

Excuse me, but would there happen to be any openings in this campaign? :) 
*waves* I'm looking for RP!  Feel free to PM me!  I'm very open minded!

Kunoichi

Well, there are only two or three spots, as I understand it, but those spots haven't been filled just yet, Blackshade. ^^ Feel free to come up with a character.  You might be one of the ones Keelan picks.

Zaer Darkwail

There are room for applications Blackshade, Keelan chooses best applications which are posted in here or send in PM.

Also I think with some money left Hyena could 'rent' or 'buy' property in some city. Prices may wary on location after all but that case GM likely gives some basic format what mansion/house is alike. But if you want build very own keep then it costs a lot money.

Laughing Hyena

Quote@Hyena- Um... not entirely sure... but if I remember the cityscape book, it costs like 3d6 x 1000gp for a 'manor', or something like that, so it will likely not be affordable on your given gold.  I'll think about it though, and see what I can possibly do for you.

I have 36,698 gold... approximately. Thats only 18,000 gold at maximum for buying a manor. Expensive for a manor to be sure but all im asking for is a tower or similar structure. That would be all i want.

Kunoichi

If you don't have any items taking up your shoulder slot, the Minor Cloak of Displacement is 24,000 and always a useful item.  That would also leave you 12,000 left, which should probably be enough for a single tower, at the very least...

Laughing Hyena

Im going to keep a small chunk of that gold any in game things that might be needed and aso for the fact that some of my spells require materials and focuses that are not exactly cheap. On a side note I cannot buy that cloak since I already have a cloak of charisma. Lastly I'd rather not get too crazy with buying magical items and the like.

Blackshade10

17941   Noone or Anyone   2010-09-12 04:22:34   At 2010-09-12 04:22:34, Asher Vinin (uid: 12324) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 11
17940   Noone or Anyone   2010-09-12 04:22:27   At 2010-09-12 04:22:27, Asher Vinin (uid: 12324) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 9
17939   Noone or Anyone   2010-09-12 04:22:06   At 2010-09-12 04:22:06, Asher Vinin (uid: 12324) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 10
17938   Noone or Anyone   2010-09-12 04:21:53   At 2010-09-12 04:21:53, Asher Vinin (uid: 12324) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 12
17937   Noone or Anyone   2010-09-12 04:21:45   At 2010-09-12 04:21:45, Asher Vinin (uid: 12324) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 11
17936   Noone or Anyone   2010-09-12 04:20:31   At 2010-09-12 04:20:31, Asher Vinin (uid: 12324) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 7 

I rolled really, really badly. >.<

Assuming I even rolled correctly.  It was 4d6 keep the highest, right? o.o

Laughing Hyena

Blackshade10

Quote17947   Noone or Anyone   2010-09-12 04:31:42   At 2010-09-12 04:31:42, Asher Vinin (uid: 12324) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 9
17946   Noone or Anyone   2010-09-12 04:31:35   At 2010-09-12 04:31:35, Asher Vinin (uid: 12324) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 12
17945   Noone or Anyone   2010-09-12 04:31:30   At 2010-09-12 04:31:30, Asher Vinin (uid: 12324) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 14
17944   Noone or Anyone   2010-09-12 04:31:23   At 2010-09-12 04:31:23, Asher Vinin (uid: 12324) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 16
17943   Noone or Anyone   2010-09-12 04:31:15   At 2010-09-12 04:31:15, Asher Vinin (uid: 12324) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 17
17942   Noone or Anyone   2010-09-12 04:31:01   At 2010-09-12 04:31:01, Asher Vinin (uid: 12324) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 10

If a retry is graciously given, then here's another 6 rolls, which are far better.

But it is the DM's call of course. :)

Kunoichi

Well, the first set of rolls would at least work with a Druid, though you'd pretty much have to focus on Wild Shape.  That second set is definitely much better, though.

Blackshade10

Do we roll for our HP as well? :)

Also, here is what I have so far. ^^

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=239671

Kunoichi

Well, I didn't roll for mine. ^^; I just took the full HP at first level, and then half every level thereafter.

Edit: Ooh, interesting character. ^^ I take it you're going to be more healing-oriented than my cohort?  Or will you be more buffing-oriented?

Blackshade10

Quote from: Kunoichi on September 12, 2010, 05:53:50 AM
Well, I didn't roll for mine. ^^; I just took the full HP at first level, and then half every level thereafter.

Alrighty, I'll do that unless the DM has other instructions. :)

Zaer Darkwail

I myself did take 75% of HD per level after first. So 4 from d6, 3 from d4, 8 from d10 etc.

Blackshade10

Quote from: Kunoichi on September 12, 2010, 05:53:50 AM

Edit: Ooh, interesting character. ^^ I take it you're going to be more healing-oriented than my cohort?  Or will you be more buffing-oriented?

Sorry I didn't notice you're edit!

Buffing oriented was my idea, but spontaneous heals are always fun. :)

Overall, more of a support character than anything else. :) 

Also lots of knowledges! :D

Here's my pretty much completed character sheet! :)

The current idea is that he is from Mintarn. ^^

He's a Cloistered Cleric of Sharess, and is mostly buffing and healing, with some defensive spells, as well as a good amount of utility and auxiliary things.

I did the HP at the 75% that Zaer did, so I hope that is OK, I'll make any adjustments that need to be done. 

I have a little less than 2000 gold left, but I didn't think it'd be a problem to hold onto it for now. 

sleepingferret

3.5 Errata and Clarifications

pg. 80; Divine Metamagic feat
    Prerequisites: Ability to turn undead or rebuke undead, selected metamagic feat.
    When you take this feat, choose a metamagic feat you already have. This feat applies only to that metamagic feat. As a free action, you can take the energy from turning or rebuking undead and use it to apply a metamagic feat to divine spells that you know. ...
    Special: Each time you take this feat, choose a different metamagic feat you know to which to apply it.

Gold? Who needs gold?  King Midas just turned everything he touched into gold...oh wait, no one has the spell to turn things into gold?  Damn it... guess it's back to being street beggars or hiring out to whoever pays the most.

swordwind

Well in my spare time I've crafted this man. Hopefully he will fit into this group, should he be selected. Enter the . Knight

Should anything be wrong with him do not hesitate to point it out.

sleepingferret

Eeek it's a knight... *hides* I swear sir, your candy bar....um...uh...the tiefling took it. :P

Finalized (I think...or at least the current revision of my character...) Character:

http://www.grimstonestudios.com/files/zerchai.html

Changed a few feats around after re-reading through some stuff, added synergy bonuses to skills (and actually spent all 82 skill points), and of course formatted it all into a quick and dirty html page.

Edit: last character revisions done at 3:30 pm CST (9/12/10).  Added items worn, equipment carrying location information, and background.

Zaer Darkwail

And interesting enough; a purple dragon knigth with no +modifier in charisma (but nor penalty).

swordwind

Keelan

Quote from: Blackshade10 on September 12, 2010, 04:25:42 AM

I rolled really, really badly. >.<

Assuming I even rolled correctly.  It was 4d6 keep the highest, right? o.o

Yes, Blackshade (sorry it took me so long to respond :P) This is a do-over.  Your lowest allowed value is ten, but reroll the whole thing.  I know how much it friggin' blows having half-cocked stats in a game, especially with the numbers I've seen for everyone else.  At this point, reroll until you get something better, with all numbers no lower than 10

EDIT: Saw your second reroll, but again, now number lower than 10, and I believe I saw a nine in there... you can reroll just the ones below 10 this time instead ^_^

Blackshade10

Quote from: Keelan on September 12, 2010, 10:19:35 PM
Yes, Blackshade (sorry it took me so long to respond :P) This is a do-over.  Your lowest allowed value is ten, but reroll the whole thing.  I know how much it friggin' blows having half-cocked stats in a game, especially with the numbers I've seen for everyone else.  At this point, reroll until you get something better, with all numbers no lower than 10

EDIT: Saw your second reroll, but again, now number lower than 10, and I believe I saw a nine in there... you can reroll just the ones below 10 this time instead ^_^

Thank you very much! :D

sleepingferret

Proposed Character List (as of 9/12/10):
Asher Vinin - Male Half-Nymph (human) Cloistered Cleric of Sharess 12 (sheet)
Javier Gerhead - Male Human Purple Dragon Knight 5/Fighter 7 (sheet)
Zerchai - Male Githzerai Soulknife 8/Psychic Warrior 4 (sheet)
Xagoris - Male Tiefling Sorcerer 12 (sheet)
Bael'reth-ruil Dlargareth - Male Fey'ri Arcane Archer 5/Ranger 6/Sorcerer 1 (sheet)
Pumiro - Female Fire-Souled Tibbit Thrallherd 7/Psion (Telepath) 5

Blackshade10

I rolled a 12 to replace that 9 and switched my Dexterity and strength scores around. :) 

Here's the new sheet:

Keelan

Quote from: sleepingferret on September 12, 2010, 10:35:53 PM
Proposed Character List (as of 9/12/10):
Asher Vinin - Half-Nymph (human) Cloistered Cleric of Sharess 12 (sheet)
Javier Gerhead - Human Purple Dragon Knight 5/Fighter 7 (sheet
Zerchai - Githzerai Soulknife 8/Psychic Warrior 4 (sheet)
Xagoris - Tiefling Sorcerer 12 (sheet
Bael'reth-ruil Dlargareth - Fey'ri Arcane Archer 5/Ranger 6/Sorcerer 1 sheet
Pumiro - Fire-Souled Tibbit - Thrallherd 7/Psion (Telepath) 5

Why thank you, oh great sleeping one; that makes it much easier on me ^_^

With this, we have the... absolute shit-ton of applicants >.<  I was not expecting so many people to be interested in this *feels pride and self-worth growing ^_^*

Alright, at this point I think I'll be calling a stop to all further applications; I'm going to have to eliminate people as it is, sadly enough.  Over the next day or so, I shall be going over, reviewing the characters as best as I can, checking for errors and such, and determining who will make the best team.  I originally planned this to be a 4 man group, with me playing one character because it's something I'm 1.) used to doing in my RL games (small group), and 2.) It's quite fun, though it doesn't usually result in me getting more 'party control' any, sadly enough :P  This would mean, however, that I'd be eliminating half of you as is... so yeah, no more applications!

Mind you, if you don't make it into the group, that does not mean that your character is, for whatever reason, not good, or that I don't like you or anything like that; I've looked them all over, and all of the characters seem to be well done and interesting so far, but I have to choose a small number of you, so I'm going to be choosing characters I feel will work together best at this point.  I am toying with the idea of expanding the group size, but I make absolutely no promises on anything of the sort.

If you have questions, requests, or anything like that, feel free to contact me in most any fashion available, which would be this thread or PMing me, to be honest.  Preferences for starting locations will be taken into account, as will any ideas offered for plot, arcs, lines, or the like.  I will be forming my game largely around the group as a whole, but letting me know your preferences and tastes, be it for combat, roleplay, or even sexual situations, then I can make it better for everyone individually as well.

So, before I start rambling... *leaves to go do stuff elsewhere*

sleepingferret

You're welcome darling....besides I had nothing better to do.  Well ok, there is probably a whole list of things I should be doing...including probably actually sleeping, instead of hanging around here on E...but oh well.  I'll get around to them tomorrow.

Blackshade10

Background PMed to you! :)

I'll throw any additional information (Preferences on theme, starting area, etc.) after you've had time to read the background! ^^ Don't want to overwhelm you.

ff

What's/where's the half-nymph?  I've seen it a lot at E and am curious (b/c I often like to do Charisma-based characters, and if it's popular it means it's probably good  :P).

Keelan

Quote from: ff on September 13, 2010, 03:27:20 AM
What's/where's the half-nymph?  I've seen it a lot at E and am curious (b/c I often like to do Charisma-based characters, and if it's popular it means it's probably good  :P).

http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/index.php <-- It can be found here, under the 'Template' PDF.  It's from one of the Dragon Magazines, which is why you probably won't be able to fine it anywhere else :P

ff

Thanks.

Questions (apologies if I missed earlier in thread):

1. How do we do HP? (I'd normally default to max-first-plus-half-after as default like Kunoichi, but I see people doing 3/4ths and other higher things.)

2. I abhor "rolled" stats. Could I do something like - take the other PCs' stats, figure their point buy values, take the average, and use that for my point buy? (Or just use the same array as the 'median' PC of the others, permuting the 6)?

Zaer Darkwail

I would advice use Invisible Castle online diceroller for the stats.

Keelan

Quote from: ff on September 13, 2010, 12:28:19 PM
Thanks.

Questions (apologies if I missed earlier in thread):

1. How do we do HP? (I'd normally default to max-first-plus-half-after as default like Kunoichi, but I see people doing 3/4ths and other higher things.)

2. I abhor "rolled" stats. Could I do something like - take the other PCs' stats, figure their point buy values, take the average, and use that for my point buy? (Or just use the same array as the 'median' PC of the others, permuting the 6)?
I shall be contacting you via PM shortly on this.

Kunoichi

*is interested in seeing what sort of character ff will come up with*

Laughing Hyena

Well lets not leave this hanging in the air. I wanna see who is in and who is out. The wait is worse then the verdict in my opinion.

Keelan

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on September 14, 2010, 07:21:49 PM
Well lets not leave this hanging in the air. I wanna see who is in and who is out. The wait is worse then the verdict in my opinion.
My apologies about the wait, but I have one more app and character sheet I'm waiting on from someone who informed me ahead of time that they would not be back to E until yesterday, and would have no access to a computer beforehand.  Since this person informed me in advance, I said I would wait a bit on the sheet.  I will be choosing characters and players soon enough, however, whether or not the other person's sheet is in or not.

I ask that you all be patient please; the game will likely be starting up this weekend regardless of if I choose characters tonight or three from now, due to RL requirements on my end before then.

Kunoichi

I can be plenty patient, myself. ^^; Take all the time you need, Keelan.

Blackshade10

sleepingferret

You don't need to dance.... please you avatar is distracting enough. :P

Darn dancing cartoons.....

ff

Name, background coming soon; don't be surprised if she reminds you of Cheetara from Thundercats...

She will probably be from Maztica (Toril's 'New World'), part of a jaguar-like humanoid race who was corporeally laced with jade as part of a ritualistic 'sacrifice' ceremony at the hands of Maztican humans (Aztec-like), but prior to having her heart cut out and the rest of her turned into a materially valuable jade statue, Amnian conquistadors invaded that pocket of  Maztican civilization, and brought her back with them her to Faerun. Either as a zoo-like prize, a befriended adventurer, or possibly in a petrified 'jade' state from which she was later Stone to fleshed but retained some 'earthy' attributes.

Lynxra
mineral warrior catfolk scout 4 ranger 8
Medium Humanoid (earth, feline)
Hit Dice: 12d8+48 (105 hp)
Initiative: +6 (10)
Speed: 50 ft., burrow 25 ft. 
Armor Class: 30 (+8 Dex, +8 armor, +4 natural), touch 18, flat-footed 22
Base Attack/Grapple: +11/+14
Attack: +1 comp. longbow 22 ranged (1d8+4/x3) or mw greatsword 15 (2d6+4/19-20)
Full Attack: +1 comp. longbow 22/17/12 or 20/20/15/10 or 16/16/16 ranged (1d8+4/x3) or mw greatsword 15/10/5 (2d6+4/19-20)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: distracting attack, earth strike (1/day: +4 atk, +12 dmg), favored enemies (constructs +4, oozes +2, undead +4), ranger spells 2/1, skirmish (3d6, +3 AC)
Special Qualities: battle fortitude +1, damage reduction 8/adamantine, darkvision 60', low light vision, swift tracker, trackless step, trapfinding, uncanny dodge, woodland stride, wild empathy +8
Saves: Fort +12 (14), Reflex +16 (20), Will +4 (7)
Abilities: Str 16, Dex 23 (27), Con 18, Int 12, Wis 12 (14), Cha 10
Feats: Catfolk Pounce, Endurance, Greater Manyshot, Manyshot, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Rapid Shot, Swift Hunter, Track, Weapon Focus (longbow)
Skills: Hide 23, Knowledge (dungeoneering) 6, Knowledge (geography) 3, Knowledge (nature) 8, Listen 19, Move Silently 25, Search 6, Spot 23, Survival 17, Tumble 23
(synergies: +2 survival underground from dungeoneering, +2 survival to avoid hazards or getting lost from geography, +2 survival aboveground natural from nature, +2 survival following tracks from search, +2 nature from wild survival, +2 wild empathy from nature)
Skill tricks: back on your feet, clarity of vision, collector of stories, listen to this, point it out, spot the weak spot
Alignment: Neutral Good
Languages: Common, Elven, Feline, Sylvan

Typical ranger spells prepared (2/1 per day): 1st - arrow mind, entangle; 2nd - spike growth.

Possessions:
+1 splitting composite longbow (Str +3) (32,700 gp)
(weapons are cold iron unless nonmetallic or noted as silver:)
400 arrows, 100 silver arrows, 80 shuriken, 20 silver shuriken
mw greatsword, cold morningstar, shortsword, sap, dagger, 10 throwing axes, 10 throwing hammers
celestial armor (22,400 gp)
gloves of dexterity +4 (16,000 gp)
bracers of archery, lesser (5000 gp)
vest of resistance +2 (4000 gp)
periapt of wis +2 (4000 gp)
handy haversack (2000 gp)
grappling hook and 100' of silk rope, thin bedroll and rain tarp, three tendays of rations, flint and tinder, 3 sunrods, two scout's outfits, one silk aristocratic gown, map of Faerun, canteen, bedroll. The weapons are kept in the quiver, the other things in the haversack.
1,500 gp

Sources: Complete Adventurer: scout class; Complete Scoundrel: skill tricks, Swift Hunter feat; Races of the Wild - catfolk race, Catfolk Pounce feat; Underdark Guide - mineral warrior

Laughing Hyena

Kunoichi

*wound up getting her Tibbit Psion's name from a cat-person name generator set to 'Thundercats-style' names*

Handy link, should ff need a name for her character. ^^

Edit: Ah, and ff, you're free to turn this down, of course, but have you considered the Mystic Ranger, from Dragon 336? ^^; It's got increased spellcasting, which I think your character would find particularly useful...

ff

Thanks Kunoichi, fun link!

Among its suggestions are Lynxra, about as Thundercatish as it gets, and lynxes are (nonexclusivley) New World (and I liked their coloration pattern better than the spottier jaguars).

Will look up Mystic Ranger...always had fun with ranger spellcasting and wanted a bit more (as Keelan knows from another game, I like to use pearls of power to give them more spells).

Kunoichi

I'm glad you liked it. ^^

The Mystic Ranger gains the Combat Styles and the Endurance feat one level later than normal, and the Favored Enemies at a lessened rate, and is only proficient with all simple weapons, martial ranged weapons, and light armor.  So, among your backup weapon choices, you'd have to trade in that Greatsword for something else, and you wouldn't get that 3rd Favored Enemy selection yet even with Swift Hunter, but Spellcraft would become a class skill if you wanted to take it and you'd get the following in spells per day at CL 8:

0th - 4
1st - 3
2nd - 3
3rd - 2
4th - 1

I hope that you like what you find when you look it up. ;D

ff

Oh, sounds very interesting, thanks. (Hopefully I'd be able to dig it up, but, are the orisons the same as the druid list?) Spells are fun. A spear would make a suitable alternative to a greatsword for her.

Kunoichi

The 0th-level spells are Create Water, Cure Minor Wounds, Flare, Guidance, Know Direction, Light, Mending, Purify Food and Drink, Resistance and Virtue.  They also get access to 5th-level spells, but the list on that is Awaken, Baleful Polymorph, Cure Critical Wounds, Control Winds, Summon Nature's Ally V and Wall of Thorns, and it'll be two levels before you gain access to those anyway. ^^;

As for digging up a copy, I may be able to PM you a helpful link...  Alternately, if you managed to snag a copy of the Classes pdf from Crystalkeep before it was taken down, they Mystic Ranger was on there as a Ranger variant.  It should be possible to get a copy on the Internet Wayback Machine, if you know what you're looking for.

Zaer Darkwail

Also consider my char can shapeshift his bow to greatsword so spear using another 'scout' would create more variety :). Also spear sounds more tribal weapon than greatsword.

ff

Oh, I meant to ask, Zaer - where was the 'bowstaff' or 'bowsword' you used from? Needless to say it sounds pretty handy for an archer.

Zaer Darkwail

Races of the Wild. There is 'bowstaff' also but specifically the item is called swordbow. It basically allows transform your bow into sword (type depends type of bow your using) as swift action. Transforming back was similar action. Catch is that if you enchant bow better you must enchant your sword also. Also sword cannot use same enchants as bow uses so instead 'distance' your sword could have 'throwing'. But if enchant can be in both weapons then both weapons have it. Types are;

Shortbow=Shortsword (or rapier?)
Longbow=Longsword
Composite Longbow=Greatsword

Also visual thematic effect sword shares some visual traits from bow and vice versa. Example sword handle would present bow's top half.

ff

Quote from: Kunoichi on September 16, 2010, 02:36:33 AM
The 0th-level spells are Create Water, Cure Minor Wounds, Flare, Guidance, Know Direction, Light, Mending, Purify Food and Drink, Resistance and Virtue.  They also get access to 5th-level spells, but the list on that is Awaken, Baleful Polymorph, Cure Critical Wounds, Control Winds, Summon Nature's Ally V and Wall of Thorns, and it'll be two levels before you gain access to those anyway. ^^;

As for digging up a copy, I may be able to PM you a helpful link...  Alternately, if you managed to snag a copy of the Classes pdf from Crystalkeep before it was taken down, they Mystic Ranger was on there as a Ranger variant.  It should be possible to get a copy on the Internet Wayback Machine, if you know what you're looking for.

Thanks! Sounds like I have enough to reconstruct it, but I'll probably dig around for it later...

Kunoichi

*does a little digging of her own and doesn't have much luck*

It's mostly the same as the regular Ranger. ^^; If you have trouble finding it, just PM me and I'll type up the full details of it for you.  Copying over the table shouldn't be too difficult...

Keelan

Alright, I'm going to be (hopefully) starting up the OOC thread shortly, and the IC thread by this evening if everything goes well.  Those that I have chosen for the game, or those that I shall choose if one or more rejects my invitation, have received or shall receive (in the latter case of previous rejections) a PM from me telling you you have been selected for the party I'm putting together.

If you have not or will not... I'm sorry; everyone made good characters, but I can't take you all in for the game as I know it would turn into a massive train-wreck VERY quickly having to coordinate 7-9 different activities... again if you were not selected.

I am now going to be locking this thread, as it has, essentially, served it's purpose fully.  Thank you all that applied, and I hope my games, as well as your games, all go exceptionally well ^_^