The Lost Legions

Started by Aiden, March 22, 2009, 12:38:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiden

This game is all based on the three lost legions Rome lost in its invasion into Germania (Circa 54 BC)
http://www.fighttimes.com/magazine/magazine.asp?article=719

At first me and Desan were planning on making it a non-adult solo, (sorry no man loving going on here) but we are checking if anyone wants to participate in this non liner game for any Roman Military fans.

What was discussed was a "Band of Brothers" type story of men of the legions as they are slowly hunted, killed, beaten or escape as they are stalked by the Germanic tribes.

The basic "story of the game" is still open for discussion, anyone who wishes to play please post interest, if more than me and Desan are interested we can make a OOC for this.

If a few females wish to play Roman wives/German slaves who either lend support or are involved in the story in any way, we can make switch the game to adult.

Desan

Helpful bump! It'll be tons of fun =]

D~
And I don’t really give a f-ck, and my excuse is that I’m young.

Duchess

The Dark Raven

This sounds interesting....let me know when you get it set up.  Depending on my time I may be able to play with you.  Let me know?

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Desan

Will do :)

Edit: Probably will talk to Aiden and move to solo if no more interest is showed by the end of this upcoming weekend!

Aiden

Bumping, last time before we go into discussion with interested players- Me, Desan and Daylilly

Duchess

Ptolemy

Wow, awesome idea. Mind if I join in?

Desan

I'll talk to aiden about it. See if this is as much as he wants it.

Aiden

More is good, I think in the next few days we can move this into the "ideas" phase. But recently I have been really busy, but its just spring break that is kicking my ass....not that I am complaining.

Desan

Quote from: Aiden on April 09, 2009, 11:07:27 AM
More is good, I think in the next few days we can move this into the "ideas" phase. But recently I have been really busy, but its just spring break that is kicking my ass....not that I am complaining.

if you're on spring break bro why the hell you on here :P

yea I saw that pict of you drinkin some beer haha gotta do that everyday chyea~

Aiden

Cuz I still have work hours...8( while some of my friends who still go to school (but are on break this week) do not.

Desan

Major suckage ;(

holler when you get some free time bro and we'll move it to idea phase.

More peeps are always welcomed! :)

Kroduk

Ons and Offs

How can I be lost,
If I've got nowhere to go?
Search for seas of gold
How come it's got so cold?
How can I be lost?
In remembrance I relive.
And how can I blame you
When it's me I can't forgive?

Lyrus

TIS NEITHER RAPE NOR ABUSE
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires
Ambitious Group Roleplay!

Anthea

If it is still open to women, I'd be delighted to take a chance in. Please let me know.
Never tickle a sleeping dragon

my yes and no

Lyrus

I studied a bit of Roman History, and I like the way the soldiers were organised into Cohorts and such. Might be fun.
TIS NEITHER RAPE NOR ABUSE
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires
Ambitious Group Roleplay!

Desan

I'll PM Aiden soon and with the amount of interest, seems to be enough to move on to the idea phase =]

Aiden

I'm watching the thread via bookmarks.

Just been real busy, a bit sad but relieved spring break is over so I can get back on a regular sleeping routine.

That and 3.1 came out today...*shifty eyes*

But yea, I'll start the brain storming thread soon.

I hope you guys watch history channel "warriors" and "battles bc" both shows had specials on this game idea actually...gave me some GREAT info for when we start.

Federico

I'm interested if there's still space.
On vacation until September - Ons and Offs | I am a baladeur
He started to dine at Denny's | From Friends

Praxis

I'm in too.

*waves from the end of the dock and hopes the boat turns around*

Aiden

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=34771.0

OOC/Early discussion section.

Post ideas and such here, so we can see what we all want from the game.

Also get to know those who want to participate in the game.

Anthea

OK, as I suppose a woman among roman ranks would be more than odd, I could play a roman wife married to a centurion but cheating with a commander giving him not always good advices or, why not, with one of the chiefs on the opposite side, giving information about roman positions as her husband asks her opinion often. What do you think of it?
Never tickle a sleeping dragon

my yes and no

Desan

Think Aiden and I were leaning towards the women playing Germanic ladies that the romans encounter and perhaps become companions or lovers as they travel back home...

*Waits for aiden's confirmation*

Federico

There's another possibility to involve Roman women - we could meet a Roman colonial instalment, like a villa or a fort.
On vacation until September - Ons and Offs | I am a baladeur
He started to dine at Denny's | From Friends