News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Paraiso (Seeking Interest)

Started by Bruja Amethyst, August 09, 2018, 05:13:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHangedOne

So me and BabyGirl have been chattering, and I wanted to toss an idea out there, and see what others thought/felt about it: What if the new, incoming group of people are Social Darwinists (they might not actually have the term to explain it in character, but for out of character purposes, they are some permutation of that idea; the strong thrive, the weak get culled). The idea came as we were discussing history, kind of went off on a tangent, and the idea that they had been dealing with less security, and more scarcity, in their territory was the reason why they would adopt that sort of societal approach to life.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Wyatt

In discussing the background for Edge and Rose who will be at Iso for about a year prior to the game start, with both BG and Rose's creator, my idea that dovetails with that for Rose's earlier background is that many of the collections of people that survived have long been without any real grasp on stable systems of morality and societal norms for a very long time.  Some of these places will crumble because of a scarcity of resources from food to fresh water to medicine, while others will combust on a social level the way Edge's originating home, Torch (heavy on the irony there) was in the process of doing when he left.

For the nomadic sorts, turned out from those others less lasting Utopias and Hells, there would certainly be a Social and actual Darwinism going on, each in its own way, since evolution and natural selection do not select for a singular trait in complex creatures and times, but a collection of possible advantages and adaptations for survival.

It sounds like a cool concept generally and makes sense, though defining the 'strong' can be a complex and less than obvious thing to do.
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.”
Ons, Offs and Stuff   
Story Ideas
Apologies and Absences

Elven Sex Goddess

Well if that is the case with social Darwinism.   Especially under the umbrella of the species to survive and needing to propagate.   

I can envision a more chauvinistic attitude in the men's disposition.    An more reluctance in allowing women to hunt or even be a fighters.   Becoming more protective in nature.    While those in the no man lands that may have been twisted my rape and pillage.    I think a more instinctual level among a more orderly society developing with the need to ensure the species survives.   Women would expected to be mated, pregnant with protector.   Those that did not would not hold much place in such a society.   

Which pretty much really going to rock my character's world as she has been a hunter and has had no relationships.     

Bruja Amethyst

Well i was seeing more of a packed idea behind them. The utopia group might be a lot less aggressive, while the newer group is because they just have that background. I wasn't really seeing it being male dominated but i can totally see that being a thing. I do seem them being less... civilized than Paraiso group. I really want someone who likes to play a character who would like to challenge the Rivera family and try to get themselves to lead everyone in the utopia.
Roleplay Status: Accepting
Storylines = 10
Response Time: = 1-3 days
Bruja Amethyst's Magical Realm
DISCORD: BrujaAmethyst#9691 - 139188212018053120

Bruja Amethyst

i'd also like the note that if a female is up for being that person, that is also okay. i just see this outside group being a lot more aggressive than the Paraiso group.

either way i'd like to see the Elder Rivera being very smart and cunning and also not above having his children help him settle things. E.I. Maybe the idea of a marriage or something.  Tribal connections.

But that being said, i'd like to see the outsider leader also being very smart and aggressive to take what s/he thinks they are better at. If that makes sense...
Storylines = 10

TheHangedOne

At least between Babygirl's character and mine, we seemed focused on the idea that people develop very shallow relationships with a lot of people, but they don't form strong attachments to individuals because of how death is basically one bad hand of cards away, even at the best of times. So it turns a bit more like a hive mentality; everybody had to have a job.  Everybody had to be 'one for all' sort of deal, maybe.

I think an interesting aspect of this story will be seeing how the different 'cultures' end up interacting with each other, and if a new united culture, with ideals taken from all over the groups, eventually emerges.
Check out my poet tree!

azzmeister89

In contrast however to Gigi and Leon, Nathan and Isabel seem quite the strong and established couple, it will be nice to see the two sort play off each other in various ways.

Bruja Amethyst

Well Gigi and Leon aren’t so much a couple as they are people who trade things. Sex is just one of the trades. Neither of them are committed to each other.
Storylines = 10

azzmeister89

Exactly, on the other hand Nathan and Isabel are. It's why the interactions between them involving that is going to be interesting.

Bruja Amethyst

Oh I see what you’re saying now!
Storylines = 10

TheHangedOne

It should be quite interesting. Culture clash can make for an amazing thing.

Also, I have totally updated Leon's sheet, now complete with a sexy-badass picture, courtesy of BabyGirl.  ;)
Check out my poet tree!

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: TheHangedMan on August 20, 2018, 09:45:20 AM
At least between Babygirl's character and mine, we seemed focused on the idea that people develop very shallow relationships with a lot of people, but they don't form strong attachments to individuals because of how death is basically one bad hand of cards away, even at the best of times. So it turns a bit more like a hive mentality; everybody had to have a job.  Everybody had to be 'one for all' sort of deal, maybe.

I think an interesting aspect of this story will be seeing how the different 'cultures' end up interacting with each other, and if a new united culture, with ideals taken from all over the groups, eventually emerges.

I can see it opposite.  That shallow relationships and the baser need to sake a itch is detrimental to society.   That only the strength of a bond will the species survive.   

I like the development of thesis behind the plot lines being discussed the basic backdrop of tension and clash of ideas in how one views the world and life around them,  the goals towards achieving such. 

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Elven Sex Goddess on August 20, 2018, 08:03:19 PM
I can see it opposite.  That shallow relationships and the baser need to sake a itch is detrimental to society.   That only the strength of a bond will the species survive.   

I like the development of thesis behind the plot lines being discussed the basic backdrop of tension and clash of ideas in how one views the world and life around them,  the goals towards achieving such. 
Aye. Different cultures do evolve (and devolve) differently. I think the biggest thing I'm looking forward to in this game will be the idea of a culture clash. Two different things meet and mix; what will come out of it in the end?
Check out my poet tree!

Wyatt

Edge and Rose are intensely close, almost dangerously so, after all, how her former lover died and why, at Edge's hands, is a very murky bit of business.  I can see the power of clinging one to another, finding solace and comfort and passion in a singular other soul, but the other way makes sense too, and indeed, the clash will make things interesting. (-:
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.”
Ons, Offs and Stuff   
Story Ideas
Apologies and Absences

Bruja Amethyst

do we think, once we get maybe a elder rivera and another character, i should do a character sheet thread? or just keep them posted here. i don't want too many places to have to go. but i'd like to use a link for my head that leads to my Character sheets.
Storylines = 10

azzmeister89

A character sheet thread sounds good, if we forget a bit of information about someone it would make it easier to find them.

TheHangedOne

Count me as a third vote for it. Not only does it make it easier to reference things, but we have more than enough players to have a few threads going.
Check out my poet tree!

azzmeister89

So do we have anyone interested in the last two roles? I'm really excited to start this game.

Catella

Character Sheet Thread = Yes, please.

Also, I am the one assuming the role of Rose and should (hopefully) have her sheet up sometime today.

|| My O/O's | Currently: Closed for stories ||

Bruja Amethyst

We MIGHT have two people interested in the elder Rivera spot, but neither have said anything yet. I will be working on making a challenger from the outsider group after work today.

Cat I look forward to seeing your character sheet.

I WILL MAKE A THREAD!

I’m really excited to get this one up and going. If you guys know anyone who would be interested in play, doesn’t have to be the roles I’m looking for, please do invite them to play!
Storylines = 10

Bruja Amethyst

I am going to be making the character sheet thread tonight.

Does anyone here use Discord? I use that to talk to people on E on the time so i figured it's better than an OOC room. That's just too many threads. lol! Anyways, I can make a server and put a link in here incase there are things you guys want to talk about.
Storylines = 10

Bruja Amethyst

Storylines = 10

Bruja Amethyst

Hey stormwyrm, are you still with us and interested in play the elder Rivera? or another character all together? i am hoping to get this up and running this weekend.

Also i am wondering if people would prefer an OOC thread, or a Discord server. Please let me know what works best for you all!

Thanks for being so patient everyone!
Storylines = 10

azzmeister89

I personally prefer a ooc thread

Elven Sex Goddess