Zombie Apocalypse

Started by Braioch, December 01, 2009, 09:08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Braioch

Looking to start a decently sized group of people into a roleplay about a world overrun with zombies (how original right? ;p) Anyways, thinking a small group of player, any romance can happen, but would love to have a RPer take on a male character to have fun or have a romantic entanglement with my male character.

Bascially, the world is overrun by zombies, and yes I'll come up with a reason if you guys want, that shouldn't be too hard lol. Also looking for a M/M relationship for my character.

Now do I have any takers?

EDIT: Now here's the premise:

There are multiple theories as to how it happened, all of which could be true or not, although no one will know because communications failed as soon as the outbreak occurred. Within a month's time, the world was overrun with people dying and then rising three days after their apparent death, a mindless drone driven only to feed. There are only a small percentage of the rest of the human and animal population, approximately 5% of both, that are immune to whatever it is that spreads from person to person. For these people and animals a bite or scratch does not bring on the change, the threat of this world is starvation, the elements, and being overrun by the hordes of zombies until there is nothing left of them. Recently whatever it is that has the zombies coursing across the world has began mutating a few select of them, bringing on faster, stronger, or even more adaptable zombies.

It has been two years since the first outbreak of the zombie inducing phenomena and the survivors of the world have either banded together in small, tightknit groups, while others prefer to go it solo. By now they have learned how to survive and have adapted but still face the everyday dangers of their world.

Now, how will you survive?

Here's my Character:
Name: Tyler Ernshaw
Appearance:

Personality: He had once been a lively and energetic person, but after the outbreak in his home time, he became a cold and detached individual. He's now known to be ruthless and heartless in dealing with matters of other people, and can be quite cold when dealing with people.

Skills: Having had a strong military background, he's proficient in short and long range weaponry. His early passion for bladed weapons and hand to hand combat is still honed. He's also a decent bike driver.

History: Raised in a strict household, Tyler wasn't allowed to do much more than listen to his fathers tales of his time in the military, study, and endure the harsh punishments when he didn't behave. He became a perfectionist around his father, but was found to open up around the right people. He found himself at a young age, a love for combat styles, something that thrilled his ex-marine father.

When he graduated he immediately enlisted in the Marines as had his father. There he excelled in most tasks given to him, and was even able to find a bit of himself. It was there that he met his first love, a lovely young woman who was a private alongside him. Madison as her name was, was everything that he loved, a mirror of himself and his homelife. He fell deeply in love with her and when they were done with basic training and allowed leave, they were married.

When the outbreak occurred two years into their marriage, they were on a requested leave to live out their overdue honeymoon. Travelling across the country, they were overrun by a rogue group of zombies. They both managed to survive, but Madison was infected. When a group of overzealous uninfected people found them, they bound Tyler, who was also wounded, and shot and killed Madison. Three days later when he managed to free himself, he killed the group of men and women, took their weapons supply and buried his wife. From there, and till the present day he travels the country side, only coming around people to make trades for necessary items, never staying around people or in one place for too long.

Flaws: Although extremely skilled in combat, and driving of motorcycles, his other driving skills are lacking. His main flaw is his inability to be around people or deal with them for too long. His personality has been known to get him into trouble several times, as well as push people away from him. He has little qualms about killing people who are a physical threat to him.

Optional Section
Additional Information: With what little communication there is, Tyler's personality is well known, as well as his deeds. He has been known to help people who are in trouble, but immediately departs. Among the small tight knit groups, his name lives on, though people are warned to be wary around him.

Theme Song: Overworld - Rammstein
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

PeacethatPowerbrings

Sounds like fun, and I'd be up for making a character to go with yours as well.
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

Braioch

Woohoo!

Alrighty I probably should make a char sheet ne?
*sweatdrop*
Spose that would help, lol

Oh and having more people, at least one or two more would help too.
The next couple of people don't have to have a M/M relationship between them, or any relationship at all. I just wanted a male character to go with my male character, the other slots are open for whatever people want.

I'll get that character sheet up in a jiffy.
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Braioch

Here's the character sheet, and I also added to the first post, giving a basic synopsis of the background of this thread.

Character Sheet
Name:
Appearance: (pictures accepted, encouraged even)
Personality:

Skills:

History: (before and after the outbreak)

Flaws (whether physically, skill wise, or personality wise)

Optional Section
Additional Information:
Theme Song: (an interesting idea that someone did once and stuck with me)

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

PeacethatPowerbrings

Name: Ashley Christian

Appearence:
Personality: Energetic and funloving, never took life all that seriously, and doesn't really take zombies seriously either. Not prone to fright, with an aristic sensibility and a strange way of looking at things.

Skills: Hand to Hand Combat Expert, and significant skill with melée weaponry, of almost all types. Handy at welding, sewing, and an amateur mechanic. Proficient driver, and skilled biker.

History: Ashley had a strange family, and his father insisted on teaching him advanced martial arts from an early age. His father was a martial artist, and a instructor of several styles, and sought the same future for his son. His mother was a businesswoman, and a CFO for a fairly well-sized supply company. As he grew up, he dropped out of school to perdue an artistic career, making scrap-metal art, as well as eventually turning to high fashion. He abandoned this for a brief period to take up being an amateur mechanic, all while working for his father, as a part time instructor.

His town was one of the unlucky few to experience a near 100% fatality rate during the outbreak, and after recieving a bite on his right forearm, he discovered his own immunity, he left town, stating on the road to avoid the largest concentrations of Zombies.

Flaws: Ashley was never a heavy-lifter, his build is such that he is physically fit, but not up to extremely strenuos tasks. He has no ability to cook, whatsoever, and might be a bit unstable mentally.

Additional Information: He is, or was, more commonly known as "Ash" though he prefers Ashley, and hates his former nickname.

Theme Song: (Coming Soon)
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

Braioch

Accepted, and I'll have my character profile up within a half hour or less.

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Braioch

Alright, added my character, now just gotta wait on a couple more people

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Molly Millions

Interested, but no ideas for characters thus far.

Will try and reply sometime tomorrow though.
Won't you come into my room, I wanna show you all my wares.
I just want to see your blood, I just want to stand and stare.
See the blood begin to flow as it falls upon the floor.
Iron Maiden can't be faught, Iron Maiden can't be sought.

Jecht

I like the idea. I'll make a character tomorrow. I love Zombies
In my restless dreams, I see that town... Silent Hill. You promised you'd take me there again some day... but you never did. Well, I'm alone there now in our special place... waiting for you.
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

Braioch

Alrighty ^_^

When those two post character sheets, I'll make the IC thread and post the link on here

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Rachubka

D'aww, does that mean I can't apply? :(

playfullchick76

I would be interested in joining this one, if you have room for another one.

Braioch

With you two, that's six players, so that's all I'm allowing.

So Playfull, and Tickle, you can go ahead and post characters.

Other than that, that's it on character applications.

Now I wait on the character sheets to be posted.

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

playfullchick76

Ok, heres my profile.

Name- Abigail Knight
Age- 22.
Appearance, 5ft 4" tall, short chestnut brown hair, blue eyes, a sexy, svelte build, 34C bust.(a bit like Ashley Greene in twilight)

Personality- Upbeat, determined, with a good head on her shoulders.She is determined to survive this apocolypse no matter what.

Skills- Mechanical skills, as well as skills with weapons, some knife skills but not a lot.

History- She grew up in or near military bases, as her father was a marine.She soon found she had skills with anything that had an engine in it,and soon found work on military bases, in the motor pool. She was on base when the apocolypse began. The base sealed itself off, but the area as soon contaminated as some zombies infiltrated the base once power was lost to the perimeter fence. She held out there, but left  when food ran out.

She used  a humvee to travel in until she found an RV that was clear, and now travels around in that, staying mobile as often as possible. Its as protected and armored as she can make it, and revels in running over slow moving zombies.

Flaws- she cares about others, meaning that she would risk even her new home to save people, as well as being pigheaded about things.

Rachubka

Name: Michelle 'Chelle' De Vries

Appearance: Always into sports, namely soccer, Michelle has the typical frame of an athlete. Her body is lithe and small, with not a whole lot in the chest department to speak of. Her years of training and playing have chiseled her body into an ideal shape. (34B - 24 - 32) Green eyes, naturally strawberry blonde hair, rather short at 5'2", deceptively gentle features.

Personality: Michelle had been a rather warm spirit before the crisis, if not a bit arrogant considering her love for soccer. That hasn't changed a whole lot since she's been on the run and surviving for the last two years, but now the girl has developed a sort of edge. It's hard for her to trust people right off the bat, as everyone else seems to be looking out for themselves. At times, Michelle gets a little depressed, wondering why she should just bother trying to live in this scary world.

Skills: Before the outbreak, Michelle was known for her studious tendencies, and her skill on the pitch. Her fitness and calculating, analyzing eye carried over, though she has lost the will to really read a textbook. Using the same pistol and other weapons over the last couple of years, she has become proficient enough with them to be comfortable. Can drive, too.

History: Michelle was born into a well-off family; a mother, a father, an older brother and a dog! Settled in Detroit, Michigan, things came easy in her life with no real struggles to speak of. As early as she can remember, she's been strapping cleats to her feet and kicking around spherical objects. She got so good at it, in fact, that a university was willing to pay her way through school if she kept doing it. No complaints there.

Upon moving to New York's Columbia University, her brother decided that she needed a parting gift. This parting gift was a Colt M1911A, a modern model. He said something about the neighbourhoods there being rather... inhospitable. Coming off the streets of Detroit really made her wonder what he could possibly be talking about, but it was already purchased and register under her name, so no point in denying it.

The soccer starlet had been in university for one year before the outbreak truly made itself known to her and the entire world. At first she had grouped with a few of the girls in her soccer team and some other stragglers, but a few weeks and zombie attacks later, they had all eventually turned. Whether or not she or anyone else had killed them, the images of their deformed, unrecognizable faces and bodies had more or less hardened Michelle. It had given her the will to survive and see the end of this blight, but two years later... she was starting to lose it.

Flaws: Like most other survivors, Michelle doesn't have very much faith in the human race as a whole anymore. Trusting is hard to do. She has also had a diminished will to even try and fight, thinking that this life of 'Bang, dead zombie' is getting old and will not end. Michelle also isn't very good at roughing it, making her times on the road filled with cans and cold. Would rather spend the night in a gas station at the edge of town rather than a safe haven in the middle of nowhere. Not exactly the best idea, but she's still alive, right?

Optional Section

Additional Information: Michelle has a killer right foot, which gave her the captaincy of her soccer team as well as choice free kick an spot kick taker. Playing keep up is something that keeps her sane and she even had a ball in the back of her Honda Accord, until she ran out of gas. Definitely hasn't had sex in awhile, and is not opposed to either gender (Whether that is from her times spent in the girl locker room or just a lack of intimacy lately, she wasn't telling). Oh, and http://theoatmeal.com/comics/zombie_how

Theme Song: Gold Guns Girls - Metric

Molly Millions

Character Sheet
Name: Helena Strelok
Appearance: 5'6", 30Cs, a bit muscular, dark brunette with blue eyes. Covered in head to toe in tattoos: Her entire upper body, save for a heart shaped space around her breasts and then extending onto either thigh. Her back is a classical Japanese design, and both arms are amalgams of various pieces she picked up in and out of prison.

Personality: Helena seems to take nothing seriously, not even the outbreak. The crisis hasn't changed her much, but the unavailability of sex, drugs and rock and roll is a bit of a concern. Some people could perceive this as psychotic. Surprisingly she often lets people travel or travels with them until they meet their demise or the find a place to settle.

Skills: Hand to hand combat with just about any blunt, sharp, or otherwise misshapen object. In good physical condition. Also knows her way around a lockpick and is pretty sneaky.

History: Before the outbreak she was a freelance criminal. Raised on the streets of Boston by her older brother she knew nothing of her family. She and her brother tried her best to educate themselves, but that wouldn't get them food. She turned to crime, and quickly began enjoying it. Rather than join a gang she offered freelance services to anyone who would pay up. She would preform larcenies, beat downs, muggings, break ins and may or may have not gunned several men down. She's been in and out of jail a few times and was in holding when the outbreak started, she managed to escape during a rush on the police station and hasn't looked back since. Now it's just her, a baseball bat and and anything she can find, and that's just fine with her.

Flaws: Tends to hit the bottle pretty hard when she finds it. Gets worked up into a sort of bloodlust when killing zombies, and isn't quite all there. Helena also likes to let off steam on anything she can find.

Optional Selection:
Helena tends to find brutal weaponry to dispatch the undead, using anything from a sledge hammer to a chainsaw to kill them. Helena hasn't had much sex since the outbreak, but it certainly lowered her standards, but she's always tended to swing both ways.

Theme Song: Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden
IRON MAIDEN - IRON MAIDEN Studio version
Won't you come into my room, I wanna show you all my wares.
I just want to see your blood, I just want to stand and stare.
See the blood begin to flow as it falls upon the floor.
Iron Maiden can't be faught, Iron Maiden can't be sought.

Braioch

Accepted three times over

Alright, I'll get the IC up hopefully by tonight and post the link on here.

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Braioch

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Jecht

Character Sheet
Name: Derrick Mason
Appearance:
Personality:Very funny. Keeps to himself until he is comfortable with people then he let's go.

Skills:Computer hacking. When he was in high school, his parents made him take Karate so he could defend himself against a bully(it ended badly for the bully). He is very good at mathematics and memorizing images like maps or faces.

History:
Before the outbreak, Derrick was a computer hacker. He went to school for Computer Science but was sent to jail after being caught hacking into the school's mainframe to change a grade for a "friend". After somehow getting out of jail free, he was planning on returning to school until the outbreak ruined that.
Flaws
Not the most athletic person in the world since he was never in a sport.

Optional Section
Additional Information:
Theme Song: uh...I can't think of any but I'll edit this if I need to
In my restless dreams, I see that town... Silent Hill. You promised you'd take me there again some day... but you never did. Well, I'm alone there now in our special place... waiting for you.
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

Braioch

Ah, jolly good.

Accepted.

A karate nerd XD

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Queen Be Damned Sheiba

Name: Alicia Abrons
Appearance:Stand 5'6 and weighing in at 135lbs, Alicia has a lean but muscular form developed fom two years of surviving on her own. She has bronze skin and short reddish-brown hair. Bust size is 34DD, common for a woman of her race and from her family. She has sulfy brown eyes her voice is smooth medium tone with no trace of an accent to identify where she comes from.

Personality: Even through the past years, Alicia has managed to keep her kind nature, though now she is alot more careful with who she helps out. She's rather random and spastic at points due to Adult ADHD, but in a pinch she is always level headed and knows how to turn off her playfulness. In circles she'd rather quiet, choose to listen to what others are talking about before adding what small bit she will.

Skills: Though no stranger to guns and swords, Alicia developed most of her fighting skills after the invasion, save for a bit of boxing and and a beginning in Tai Kwan Do. She'd only just began studying, so wht she knew was good enough to defend her agaisnt other humans with not so good intentions rather than as a means to fight zombies.

History: Alicia was raised by her grandparents, frowing up in a quiet town outside of a busy Marine Corp Base in North Carolina. For years she'd wanted to join and pretty much assumed she would. But at the age of 15 her Grandfather died and she was sent to go live with her mother. The year she graduated she enlisted into the Army, but it would seem military service was not in the cards for her. She fell in love with a sailor in the Navy named Cameron, marrying him and happily hoping to start their lives together.

The outbreak took them by suprise. They were attacked while coming back from a visit to his parents house. She managed to make it out alive only because he destracted them so she could get away. She managed to find weapons and a reliable vehicle (a black hummer she stole of a car lot) and has sense traveled around searching for others survivers.

Flaws: Alicia's biggest flaw is inability to reject someone in need of help. Over the past two year's it had gotten her bitten (thank god for her immunity), raped, and nearly killed. But it has also done some good for those who needed assitance and couldn't get it

Optional Section
Additional Information:The two things Alicia covets more than even her guns are a black sg guitar (the first present her husband ever bought her) and an MP3 player.

Theme Song:

Scream, Aim, Fire - Bullet For My Valentine

Braioch

You're good to go, accepted.

Post to your heart's content....I shall reply when I wake up later

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Queen Be Damned Sheiba

A black H2 was seen coming down the horizen kicking up a trail of dust as it drove throught baron landscape. The vehicles destination was a small fortification, said to hold survivers in need of assitance, but the closer it got, the more it seemed the hold had been abandonded long ago. The car stopped, covered momentarily by a cloud of dirt rising to cover the vehicle.

Once the dust settled, a  tall girl stood next to the car, staring through refelctive aviatars at the blockade in front of her. She stamped her foot, knocking loose a bit of mud stuck to the suede boots. One leg was bare, the over was covered by a black skinny jean pants leg. A Colt .45 was strapped on a thigh holster, visible on her uncovered leg. She took off the black leather jacket she wore, a simple white tank beneath it. Opening the back door she tossed in the jacket and pulled out a Benalli 84, military grade, taken from an abandon armory just like all the other weapons she owned.

She checked and loaded it, slipping it a special holster on her back and making sure all her extra ammo was packed. The last thing she grabbed was a light weight, titanium baseball bat. She slipped on her hat, a signature black fedora and placed it on her head, before closing and locking the car door. She walked away, looking back at the truck. To do her double checks. The wasn't worried so much abouut it being stolen. There were no signs of life, infected or otherwise. If some one did try to hot wire the car the fuel tank would drop out, a present from an old friend. No, it was more caution than anything. Couldn't have to much in the world they lived in.

She made her way to the barracade, stopping just outside, cautiously calling out.

"Hello? Is anyone there?"

Braioch

Oh Sheiba, you posted in the OOC, you want the IC, the link is above in one of my earlier posts on here

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Queen Be Damned Sheiba