Avengers Assemble! (Interest check)

Started by metamorphize, May 27, 2012, 12:33:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metamorphize

After seeing the Avengers two times (with a third time coming up on Tuesday) I am definitely in the mood for an Avengers roleplay. It would be based off the movie, (sorry people who are fans of Ant Man) the premise being that Tony Stark turned his tower into a sort of headquarters for the team. You know, so they can all be contacted at once if there's trouble. (Or if they all want some sexy time.) The roleplay itself will be freeform, with everyone working together to work on a plot. You may be asked to play multiple characters. I'd prefer it if you were okay with mxm, fxm and fxf, as well as sensual scenes with 3+ people, but if you're not that's okay. I will be taking on the role of Bruce Banner.

Other characters can be added, though I'd prefer the majority of the six to be filled out before we consider that.

AribethAmkiir

Hope you don't mind me adding my two cents, but I think you may run into some difficulties with this since the Black Widow is the only female on the team in the movie and the Avengers have a plethora of well rounded, popular female characters to play.

I know you mention M/M, but with 5 guys and 1 girl, either Black Widow is going to be extremely sore and exhausted every hour of every day, or you're wanting to have a lot of M/M scenes.

metamorphize

To be honest I assumed it would be mostly mxm to make it work, but I guess if I end up with people not into that I could be open for the comic book characters. I just don't want too many people, as well as I'm just getting into the comic books themselves.

Veluux

I'd be interested in playing Tony Stark. That character fits my personality and play-style well.

Though I do agree with AribethAmkiir, need to add some more female roles besides just the Black Widow. An easy way to create more female roles without adding a ton of random heroes that people new to comics haven't heard of would be to create utility roles that help drive the story. Like a female shield agent (maybe Nick Fury's right hand lady?), Betty Ross, Pepper Potts, and Jane Foster. They are all crucial female roles, and it keeps it more authentic to the setup in the movie - each man already having a woman-crush. I think as long as you stay at/around 10 people you should be fine. Pairings could look like:

Bruce Banner - Elizabeth Ross
Tony Stark - Virginia Potts
Thor Odinson - Jane Foster
Steve Rodgers - Female Agent
Natasha Romanoff - Clint Barton

Having the team operating pretty much on it's own chaotic program will reduce GM work, as you can have the crazy male characters (Tony, Hulk, Thor) push the plot and the women (Betty, Potts, SHIELD) try and keep things under control. Anyhow, the above pairings make for 10 total - and you could even scrap Pepper Potts if you want to keep numbers down - since Tony has a thing for Black Widow anyways.

The obvious team members will be, and function, as themselves. Betty Ross can be the one who keeps Hulk under control, and also a military liason. Pepper Potts can be the one in charge of Stark Tower and reigning Tony in. Jane Foster is an amazing scientist and could be working in Tony's R&D department - which would give Thor a reason to hang around more. And then perhaps Captain America could have a crush on a female SHIELD agent other than Black Widow.

Just a few ideas.

I am watching you [you]...
From the darkest of shadows...

Neysha

Well if we're thinking of action oriented pairings it could be Thor Odinson and Lady Sif... and Captain America and Maria Hill (which is the name of Nick Fury's right hand lady) or something along those lines. :)
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

Veluux

Quote from: Neysha on May 29, 2012, 06:14:18 AM
Well if we're thinking of action oriented pairings it could be Thor Odinson and Lady Sif... and Captain America and Maria Hill (which is the name of Nick Fury's right hand lady) or something along those lines. :)

Yeah, Lady Sif is another option for a Thor pairing. Thanks, totally forgot about her.

writersmelody

My schedule is pretty hectic right now TBH and I fear my posting rate might be a bit too slow for a group game even when it settles, once a day or every other day IF THAT. Sometimes it's as little as two times a week. I'd understand if that would hinder other's enjoyment of the game.  But if any of the others who have expressed interest wouldn't mind, I'd like to take part.

I'd be interested in taking on the role of Daisy Johnson, aka Quake, a canon character. She could perhaps be a romantic interest for Captain America.
- Writer's Melody

"Love looks not with the eyes but with the mind." - William Shakespeare

(Specifically Seeking Someone to Write Solas)
(On/Offs)
(Absences/Apologies) (updated 2/9/24)

Veluux

This thread kind of died. Is everyone still interested? I know that I am.