Dragon Age [Interest Check]

Started by Primarch, June 08, 2011, 11:27:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

I've been playing Dragon Age Origins again recently, and wondering if people have interest in starting a game. I'm open to idea's but personally prefer the Fereldon setting. We could take several routes towards it, such as the adventures of a group who were active during the events of DA:O, or perhaps set the game during the next Blight, with our originals taking the place of various people of importance, from Grey Warden's to the various Lords & Ladies, First Enchanter, Knight Commander of the Templars and what not.

If there is an interest, I'd love to hear about it and perhaps your idea's.

EDIT: ~As there's interest, here's a character sheet.
EDIT: Character Thread
EDIT: IC ~ Koncari Wilds

Name:
Race:
Origin: ~Doesn't have to be one of Origins starting 6, but feel free to use them. Clearly there can be only one Noble Dwarf or human, unless players agree on siblings~

Appearance:

Character Type: Warrior/Mage/Rogue
Specializations: ~Although we're starting at level 10, feel free to take 2/3 specializations. Points spent there can't be spent elsewhere, so its a trade off~
Talents/Spells: Choose 11
Talents, Spells

Skills: Rogues start with 7, Warriors/Mages with 6
Skills

Equipment: Tier 4 max, one piece of tier 5 + 2 journeyman runes placed where you want.
Armor
Weapons & Runes
Shields
Rings ~One for now
Amulets

Personality:

Backstory:

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Origin:[/b] ~Doesn't have to be one of Origins starting 6, but feel free to use them. Clearly there can be only one Noble Dwarf or human, unless players agree on siblings~

[b]Appearance:[/b]
[center][img] [/img][/center]

[b]Character Type:[/b] Warrior/Mage/Rogue
[b]Specializations:[/b] ~Although we're starting at level 10, feel free to take 2/3 specializations. Points spent there can't be spent elsewhere, so its a trade off~
[b]Talents/Spells:[/b] Choose 11

[b]Skills:[/b] Rogues start with 7, Warriors/Mages with 6

[b]Equipment:[/b] Tier 4 max, one piece of tier 5 + 2 journeyman runes placed where you want.

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Backstory:[/b]

Character types thus far~
Human Noble/Warrior - Primarch
Human Warrior/Guard - Scribbles
Elf Rogue/Ranger - TheHangedMan

Expecting~
Half-Elf Arcane Blood Mage - Alliance

Alliance

Primarch

Alliance

I love Origins myself. Count me in.

Question Mark

I did an RP once - one on one - where we took on the role that the player does in Origins: instead of the ONE WARDEN WHO SAVES FERELDEN, it was the slightly less epic TWO WARDENS WHO SAVE FERELDEN (and have some sex along the way).

In other words, what worked well for our RP was roleplaying our way through the game: we're recruited by Duncan, go to Ostager, get betrayed, and begin our adventure, just there's a group of us instead of just one PC.  All the NPCs from the game - Alistair, Sten, Leliana, etc. - would be present.  We'd just insert our characters into the game in place of the singular Warden.  Here's one of the posts that demonstrates what I'm trying to explain, from the RP I mentioned.

Either way, though, I'm in.  However, I'd prefer it to be during the Dragon Age.

Primarch

As fun as that would be Question Mark is would require a very dedicated GM, and I know for a fact I can't dedicate such time. I'm also looking to play more so then GM. :P I find online GMing so rarely suits me.

But playing through DO:A with a party modified to suit us would be fun.

Question Mark

Our RP didn't need a GM.  Hell, the game is the GM.

Quote from: Primarch on June 08, 2011, 11:58:10 AMBut playing through DO:A with a party modified to suit us would be fun.

What do you mean?

Primarch

Quote from: Question Mark on June 08, 2011, 12:01:38 PM
Our RP didn't need a GM.  Hell, the game is the GM.

What do you mean?

As in the party doesn't have to be limited to one custom Grey Warden & Alistair, it could be a group of custom Grey Wardens or other custom party members that didn't appear in the game.

bubby

:'( Why does everyone have to RP video games! And I was excited for a second! *walks off, wailing*

Primarch

Quote from: bubby on June 08, 2011, 12:49:49 PM
:'( Why does everyone have to RP video games! And I was excited for a second! *walks off, wailing*

D:

It won't be system based, its still a delightful and exciting fantasy setting!

Question Mark

Quote from: bubby on June 08, 2011, 12:49:49 PM

Mainly because video games have already set up the universe, and give a solid source for people to reference when disputes arise.  Also, because when someone gets really immersed in a game... and then it ends, it leaves them wanting more.

Question Mark

Quote from: Primarch on June 08, 2011, 12:53:20 PM
D:

It won't be system based, its still a delightful and exciting fantasy setting!

Oh, and what he said.  What do you have against video games anyway?  A RP is a RP is a RP.

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Alliance

I'll probably use Vishion in this one. He's my blood mage battle mage combo.

Are you adding the awakening classes in?

Primarch

Quote from: Alliance on June 08, 2011, 01:18:35 PM
I'll probably use Vishion in this one. He's my blood mage battle mage combo.

Are you adding the awakening classes in?

I'm fine with that.

Alliance

Quote from: Primarch on June 08, 2011, 01:26:07 PM
I'm fine with that.

Awesome. I used the battle mage, arcane mage, and blood mage traits.

TheHangedOne

I might play an elf--not sure if Dalish or City-- ranged combatant. Hmm. I wish I could play DA to get a feel for what one of my characters were, but alas, that computer is dead.
Check out my poet tree!

Alliance

Now I know in Dragon Age, these weren't exactly established as a playable race.

But what of a half elves?

Since the original Gray Warden Vishion all though I made him a city elf, I "fantasized" him more like a half elf half human.

Primarch

I'll either be a human Warrior a Champion/Templar/Spirit Warrior. Although if we get quite fun with it I might make him a Qunari. The Arishok was one of DA2's saving graces in my opinion.

Of course depending on how we set the game, the character's might not start off with the specialization's. 

Alliance

Primarch

Quote from: Alliance on June 08, 2011, 01:32:10 PM
Now I know in Dragon Age, these weren't exactly established as a playable race.

But what of a half elves?

Since the original Gray Warden Vishion all though I made him a city elf, I "fantasized" him more like a half elf half human.

Crazier things happen in the game.

Alliance

TheHangedOne

Crossbow-wielding Dalish elf Rogue/Ranger. I've decided.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

Primarch

Do you guys have an opinion on what would be a more interesting game? RPing our way through Origins itself, or an RP set in the Origins setting?

Alliance

Quote from: Primarch on June 08, 2011, 01:48:53 PM
Do you guys have an opinion on what would be a more interesting game? RPing our way through Origins itself, or an RP set in the Origins setting?

A RP set in the Origins setting.

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Primarch

Right then. Now I plan on playing a freeform game, but the games talent style allows us to list what our characters have and provide a guide to the abilities. But how deep into it do we want to get? Just their talents/spells and skills? Or stats too?

And what of the starting "level"? Start at 10? 15? 20?

Alliance

No stats.

It would be way to much mouth.

TheHangedOne

I'd just say talents, skills, and spells. And level 10 sounds like a good place to start...maybe after certain in-game events, everybody can level up?
Check out my poet tree!

Primarch

Quote from: Alliance on June 08, 2011, 02:15:02 PM
No stats.

It would be way to much mouth.

Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 08, 2011, 02:15:37 PM
I'd just say talents, skills, and spells. And level 10 sounds like a good place to start...maybe after certain in-game events, everybody can level up?

Seems good to me.

Level 10, list skills & talents + spells. Opinions on a suitable tier for starting gear? I'm not against each character having one *particularly* nice piece of equipment. But you know, something a tier or two higher with a pair of Journeyman runes thrown in.

Question Mark

I say we scrap the entire spells, stats, levels, specializations, etc. system.  It's needed in a game to provide challenge and balance, but personally I think it has no place in a freeform RP.  It will just muddy the waters.

Specializations can be treated similar to the game, though.  Some of us might already have a specialization (a trained warrior might be a berserker, or a Dalish elf could be a ranger) when the RP starts.  Then it might be taught to others.  Other specializations (like Arcane Warrior) would have to be discovered through the course of the RP.

I say we don't level up.  We just gain spells by learning them, experimenting, or we simply start with them.  Warriors and rogues, with their abilities, would probably just say "He struck out in a chest high slash," or "He made a move to knock him over with his shield."

As for gear, just wear what makes sense for your character to have.  Mage robes, a set of standard Ferelden Army armor, Dalish leather chestguard.

Alliance

But Vision is....a arcane blood mage....that's already established in the beginning. I mean learning battlemage from someone sure. But...I'm to inclined in not giving it up.

I realized.

When I said stats, I meant to much math. But instead I wrote mouth. O.o

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Alliance on June 08, 2011, 02:28:37 PM
But Vision is....a arcane blood mage....that's already established in the beginning. I mean learning battlemage from someone sure. But...I'm to inclined in not giving it up.

I realized.

When I said stats, I meant to much math. But instead I wrote mouth. O.o
If it makes you feel better, I read it as math; only noticed you said mouth when you mentioned it just now. :3
Check out my poet tree!

Primarch

Quote from: Question Mark on June 08, 2011, 02:22:15 PM
I say we scrap the entire spells, stats, levels, specializations, etc. system.  It's needed in a game to provide challenge and balance, but personally I think it has no place in a freeform RP.  It will just muddy the waters.

Specializations can be treated similar to the game, though.  Some of us might already have a specialization (a trained warrior might be a berserker, or a Dalish elf could be a ranger) when the RP starts.  Then it might be taught to others.  Other specializations (like Arcane Warrior) would have to be discovered through the course of the RP.

I say we don't level up.  We just gain spells by learning them, experimenting, or we simply start with them.  Warriors and rogues, with their abilities, would probably just say "He struck out in a chest high slash," or "He made a move to knock him over with his shield."

As for gear, just wear what makes sense for your character to have.  Mage robes, a set of standard Ferelden Army armor, Dalish leather chestguard.

The idea is more so to guide what a character is capable of, more so then hold a solid presence in the RP itself. It'll be a handy reference, and "leveling up" merely a way of acknowledging an increase in experience. It won't be a case of "well that's ten darkspawn dead, good work! 100 xp each!" more so "Alright, we just saved Redcliffe, every can add a new talent & skill! 

TheHangedOne

What Primarch said is exactly what I'm looking for.
Check out my poet tree!

Alliance

Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 08, 2011, 02:30:02 PM
If it makes you feel better, I read it as math; only noticed you said mouth when you mentioned it just now. :3

I guess we're both sleep deprived.

Question Mark

Quote from: Primarch on June 08, 2011, 02:33:21 PM
The idea is more so to guide what a character is capable of, more so then hold a solid presence in the RP itself. It'll be a handy reference, and "leveling up" merely a way of acknowledging an increase in experience. It won't be a case of "well that's ten darkspawn dead, good work! 100 xp each!" more so "Alright, we just saved Redcliffe, every can add a new talent & skill!

Ah, I'm fine with that.  How about we make it part of the character profile?  The list of spells that is.  I don't think talents would be necessary though.  Hell, I never used them in the game anyway, except for Coercion.

Primarch

Quote from: Question Mark on June 08, 2011, 02:39:49 PM
Ah, I'm fine with that.  How about we make it part of the character profile?  The list of spells that is.  I don't think talents would be necessary though.  Hell, I never used them in the game anyway, except for Coercion.

The Character profile, which I suppose I'll set up quite soon, would be the perfect spot for it. Skills we might as well include. Its a little more option, and some of them might have interesting application not really seen in the game (like tactics)

Primarch

Name:
Race:
Origin: ~Doesn't have to be one of Origins starting 6, but feel free to use them. Clearly there can be only one Noble Dwarf or human, unless players agree on siblings~

Appearance:

Character Type: Warrior/Mage/Rogue
Specializations: ~Although we're starting at level 10, feel free to take 2/3 specializations. Points spent there can't be spent elsewhere, so its a trade off~
Talents, Spells

Skills: Rogues start with 7, Warriors/Mages with 6
Skills

Equipment: Tier 4 max, one piece of tier 5 + 2 journeyman runes placed where you want.
Armor
Weapons & Runes
Shields
Rings ~One for now
Amulets

Personality:

Backstory:

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Origin:[/b] ~Doesn't have to be one of Origins starting 6, but feel free to use them. Clearly there can be only one Noble Dwarf or human, unless players agree on siblings~

[b]Appearance:[/b]
[center][img] [/img][/center]

[b]Character Type:[/b] Warrior/Mage/Rogue
[b]Specializations:[/b] ~Although we're starting at level 10, feel free to take 2/3 specializations. Points spent there can't be spent elsewhere, so its a trade off~
[b]Talents/Spells:[/b] Choose 11
[url=http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Talents_(Origins)]Talents[/url], [url=http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Spells]Spells[/url]

[b]Skills:[/b] Rogues start with 7, Warriors/Mages with 6
[url=http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Skills]Skills[/url]

[b]Equipment:[/b] Tier 4 max, one piece of tier 5 + 2 journeyman runes placed where you want.
[url=http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Armor_(Origins)]Armor[/url]
[url=http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons_(Origins)]Weapons[/url] & [url=http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Runes]Runes[/url]
[url=http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Shields]Shields[/url]
[url=http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Rings_(Origins)]Rings[/url] ~One for now
[url=http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Amulets_(Origins)]Amulets[/url]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Backstory:[/b]

On another note, starting point for our game? I was thinking perhaps survivors of Ostagar hunting for the Urn of Sacred Ashes.

TheHangedOne

Survivors of Ostagar sounds fun to me, though perhaps we should start people off just sort of regrouping from the attack, before they pick a direction and go with it? That way, things are more open-ended than shoe-horning us into looking for the Ashes.  Just my two cents, though; use it, discard it, melt them down and make something nifty...  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

Primarch

Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 08, 2011, 03:20:39 PM
Survivors of Ostagar sounds fun to me, though perhaps we should start people off just sort of regrouping from the attack, before they pick a direction and go with it? That way, things are more open-ended than shoe-horning us into looking for the Ashes.  Just my two cents, though; use it, discard it, melt them down and make something nifty...  :-)

Suits me perfect. T'was merely a suggestion.

TheHangedOne

By the way, might want to amend the post...the code is all there for the profile correctly, but none of the urls link. I'm assuming they were supposed to be click-able in just one post, as opposed to being a part of every character?
Check out my poet tree!

Question Mark

Were all of us sent to light the fire in that tower?  Then I say we start on the first day we leave Morrigan's Hut.

Primarch

Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 08, 2011, 03:29:03 PM
By the way, might want to amend the post...the code is all there for the profile correctly, but none of the urls link. I'm assuming they were supposed to be click-able in just one post, as opposed to being a part of every character?

I edited the Character Sheet itself into the post, so people can see how it looks and clink the links. Then C+P the character sheet template itself. They can of course be removed when doing your character.

bubby

*Peeks back in* Hanged said he'd hold my hand in making sense of what this is all about...if I'd play. So...I might play..

Primarch

Quote from: bubby on June 08, 2011, 03:34:37 PM
*Peeks back in* Hanged said he'd hold my hand in making sense of what this is all about...if I'd play. So...I might play..

I shall also help in anyway I can. To cram a quick explaination.

Fereldon, country the game is set in. A bit similar to Medieval Britain.
The Blight, an invasion of monsters (Darkspawn), who live underground. They're led by an Archdemon (giant dragon) which is actually a corruped old god.
Darkspawn, corrupted versions of Humans, Elves, Dwarves and other races. A little bit like LOTR Orcs & Uruk-Hai.
Grey Wardens, a militant organisation dedicated to fighting the blight/darkspawn. Can "sense" darkspawn, but darkspawn can sense them. Becoming one involves drinking darkspawn blood.
Orlais, nearby country. Where Fereldon is culturally similar to Britain, Orlais is France.

Quote from: Question Mark on June 08, 2011, 03:31:50 PM
Were all of us sent to light the fire in that tower?  Then I say we start on the first day we leave Morrigan's Hut.

We're not RP Dragon Age itself, just an RP in the setting and running along the same timeline. Although I'm not against the idea of us crossing their path occasionally.

bubby

That helps Primarch. I hope I'll be able to conform...hanged will be making my char, cuz I have absolutley no clue on stat stuff...

TheHangedOne

Working on this slowly...
Name: Theron "Farsight" Mahariel
Race: Elf
Origin: Dalish Elf

Appearance:

Character Type: Rogue
Specializations: Ranger
Talents/Spells:
Deft Hands
Improved Tools
Stealth
Stealthy Item Use
Heartseeker
Accuracy
Arrow Time
Burst Shot
Pinning Shot
Summon Wolf
Summon Bear

Skills:
Combat Training
Improved Combat Training
Expert Combat Training
Trap Making
Survival
Improved Survival
Poison Making

Equipment:
Armor: Dalish Armor (Hardened)
Boots:  Dalish Boots (Leather)
Gloves: Dalish Gloves (Leather)
Helmet: A light leather cloak with a hood that hides his ears, and helps stave off the chill of night and winter. Treated with elm wood smoke to retard mold and insects. Treat as cloth 'armor'.
Weapons:
Shortbow (Ironbark)(Journeyman's Cold Iron Rune)(Journeyman Paralyze Rune)
Dar'misu (Veridium)
Shield: N/A
Rings: Focus Ring
Amulet: Dalish Pendant

Personality: Quiet, cool, calm, collected. He keeps his emotions guarded and in check, and is very logical, to the point that he occasionally disturbs others. If he hates the humans for what they've done to his race, then it doesn't show. He occasionally shows a soft, gentle side when around children.

Backstory: Farsight was born amongst the Dalish elves, and lived a happy life as one of the more profoundly gifted marksmen, just like his father.

He was always an odd child, at home more in the woods, off alone, than anywhere else.  Consequently, it's no surprise that he's taken well to the Ranger's path.

When he heard news of the Blight coming, he became uncharacteristically worried. He knew that if the Grey Wardens and the humans failed, it would only be a matter of time before his tribe fell...to say nothing of the City Elves, whom he, in the long run, hopes to eventually free.

His wariness of things eventually led him to a decision that was considered extreme by many. He left his tribe to watch the battle himself.  Though it pained them to 'lose' one of their own, everyone knew that Farsight would be simply far too stubborn; once his mind is set, the only thing that can change it is a change in circumstances.

He set off, but arrived too little, too late...the battle was already underway as he arrived, and though he was able to pick off a few Darkspawn from hiding, he saw that the battle was hopeless.

OOC notes:
As play begins, Farsight will be hiding in Ostagar, waiting for the Darkspawn to disperse before he sets off to see if their's any survivors.
Farsight is an alias he gave himself for when he interacts with humans. He conceals his ears with his equipment, wary of the discrimination humans give to his kind. The alias is another layer of obfuscation.
Check out my poet tree!

Question Mark

So who are we playing, where are they, and how are they all together?

Primarch

Quote from: Question Mark on June 08, 2011, 03:56:53 PM
So who are we playing, where are they, and how are they all together?

Currently the idea is "survivors of Ostagar" likely somewhere near Ostagar, perhaps even Lothering. But suggestions are still welcome.

Alliance

Do we all have to be survivors? It really limits the play of creativity.

Primarch

Quote from: Alliance on June 08, 2011, 04:19:51 PM
Do we all have to be survivors? It really limits the play of creativity.

Nah, its just an idea being thrown out to give us a starting point.

Alliance

Cause I was considering if we had the Ostagar thing.

That some come from other parts of the places. Like they came to late to save Ostagar and find survivors.

I just like a neat box of different kinds of characters and stuff.

Let's not pull a Hawke on this RP.

Scribbles

Is there space for one more in this RP? I've been hesitant to ask after seeing how many pages the interest thread is already on.
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Primarch

Quote from: Scribbles on June 08, 2011, 04:26:34 PM
Is there space for one more in this RP? I've been hesitant to ask after seeing how many pages the interest thread is already on.

You are very welcome to join. ^.^

Quote from: Alliance on June 08, 2011, 04:23:16 PM
That some come from other parts of the places. Like they came to late to save Ostagar and find survivors.

I just like a neat box of different kinds of characters and stuff.

Suits me fine.

Primarch

Name: Galrauch Cousland
Race: Human
Origin: Human Noble

Appearance:

Character Type: Warrior
Specializations: Champion, Berzerker
Talents/Spells:
Powerful - Threaten - Bravery
Mighty Blow - Powerful Swings - Two Handed Strength - Two Handed Sweep
Berserk - Resilience
Warcry - Rally

Skills:
Combat Tactics - Improved Tactics
Combat Training - Improved Combat Training - Expert Combat Training - Master Combat Training

Equipment:
Veridium Body, Feet, hands
Red Steel Greatsword - Journeyman Ice Rune + Journeyman Lightning Rune
Ring of the Warrior
Charm of Still Waters

Personality:
Most people will tell you Galrauch is a pleasant sort to be around, he enjoys friendly banter and rarely refuses a drink. A Champion of Highever, he is known to be a man of courage and honour, but has a wild fury that served him well at the battle of Ostagar. He is highly sensitive about the recent murder of his family and is liable to explode at someone who believes the claims that his parents were traitors. It is known by some that his favourite gifts include paintings, maps & silver jewellery.

Backstory:

Son of Teyrn Bryce Cousland, Galrauch has had a privileged upbringing. In his youth he was often forced to study, even if he would rather play knight. He always dreamed of being a knight, so much so that he promised his older brother Fergus that when Fergus inherited his father's position as Teryn that Galrauch would be his champion knight. They would ride into battle together, fighting foes of any kind. That was the dream at least. As he got older things didn't change very much, although his studies started to include a sword more and more often.

Most recently, they had a visitor in Highever, one Duncan of the Grey Wardens. The idea of Galrauch becoming a Grey Warden was brought up, while Galrauch rather liked the idea, his father was rather against it. Fate had an interesting way of doing things however. The night Duncan departed, another guest, Arl Rendon Howe revealed his true colours. Most of the guard that remained after Fergus's departure was butchered. Galrauch found his parents, but the state was dire. Reluctantly he was forced to depart, so that he might warn Fergus and see Arl Howe punished for his crimes. Galrauch rode out to Ostagar, to catch up with both Duncan and Fergus. Unfortunately however he wouldn't find Fergus, and wouldn't find Duncan until it was too late. He took part in the battle, but like the other forces who actually took part in the battle were smashed by the Dark Spawn horde.

Galrauch, although wounded wasn't killed. He managed to drag himself to safety and passed out for sometime. He has just awoken, confused and unsure how to continue.

Scribbles

AA and OO

Alliance

Its only three pages Scribbles.

Omg, I really need to take a nap. I should do so.

bubby

*Has left everything about her char but the pic up to Hanged..hopes she can live up to the RP..MEOWS at Primarchs pic*

Alliance

I'll get my character up when I get back from my nap. I'm really starting to fade folks.

Primarch

Quote from: Alliance on June 08, 2011, 04:40:50 PM
I'll get my character up when I get back from my nap. I'm really starting to fade folks.

Off to the fade? Enjoy. Stay away from those desire demons!

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Primarch

Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 08, 2011, 05:13:18 PM
I have finished my character sheet.

Seems fine. Although Farsight doesn't strike me as much of an Elven name.....a nickname perhaps.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Primarch on June 08, 2011, 05:16:59 PM
Seems fine. Although Farsight doesn't strike me as much of an Elven name.....a nickname perhaps.
Yeah. It's an alias he's adopted. I'll be damned if I could think of a good Elven sounding name, so for now, I figure the alias would work well enough.
Check out my poet tree!

Primarch

Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 08, 2011, 05:28:25 PM
Yeah. It's an alias he's adopted. I'll be damned if I could think of a good Elven sounding name, so for now, I figure the alias would work well enough.

You could go with Theron "Farsight" Mahariel. If one wanted to play with the idea of being an individual who missed being recruited by Duncan, like my character is the Human noble.

Scribbles

Name: Kayla Silverfall
Nickname: Kay
Origin: Human Guard for the Couslands

Appearance:

Specializations: None
Talents/Spells:
Precise Striking -> Taunt -> Disengage
Shield Defense -> Shield Balance -> Shield wall
Shield bash
Dual Weapon training -> Dual weapon finesse
Dual Striking -> Riposte

Skills:
Combat Tactics - Improved Tactics
Combat Training - Improved Combat Training - Expert Combat Training - Master Combat Training

Equipment:
Iron Chainmail Armour (chest, boots, hands, helm)
Iron Longsword, Iron dagger
Iron Shield
Golden Ring
Amulet of Accord

Personality:
Kay's the type who is serious while in battle or on duty but generally upbeat when just enjoying life. She can be exceptionally curious (unless ordered not to be) and so usually isn't afraid of seeking out a little adventure or causing a bit of trouble. If a crate has a do-not-touch etched into its top then it likely won't be long before Kay's prying it open. This doesn't mean she isn't the type to think things through however. She will usually avoid an act or object if she feels it might harm her or someone else in any way.

Backstory:
For as long as Kay can remember her family has loyally served the nobles of their homeland, from the humble honour as a serf to the more valorous one of a guard. And for decades her house has decided the role of each child either by the hands of the nobles themselves or through a test of martial skill. It was with reluctance that Kay was forced to endure the latter, pitting her in non-lethal combat against her own until she felled each and every one of her siblings for the right to take up the sword. It was a gruelling task but one which brought her away from the tired chores of filling cups of wine, or folding bed sheets, and into the exciting field of a guard, where she would instead stand for HOURS guarding this or that random door or gate.

The boredom she had to endure at times was almost enough for her to lament her win and romanticise the life of a servant. She'd even reminisce about the times before the small tournament where she would spar with her uncle in preparation or help the family around the house and out in the fields. Unfortunately, it was a life she'd rarely see until the end of her new role, where death, age or grievous injury were the only means to return to her family's farmstead.

During her time as a guard Kay has seen very little action. She's helped fend off the odd band of brigands, maintained the peace and even worked as protection for guests or the nobles themselves. When off duty she's grown to love a good game of cards and a warm mug of cheap ale. It was the humdrum of this life which gave her the irrational jump of excitement at being called out to battle. With the rest of the guard she marched out under the house's orders into what she expected to be a swift but daring victory against their enemy. The only difference between her and the rest of the soldiers was that her squad's captain received a special command to watch out for Fergus, oldest son of Bryce Cousland.
AA and OO

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Primarch on June 08, 2011, 05:42:16 PM
You could go with Theron "Farsight" Mahariel. If one wanted to play with the idea of being an individual who missed being recruited by Duncan, like my character is the Human noble.
Yeah, I'll go with that name and idea.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

TheHangedOne

Tweaked the post. And brushing up on my Dalish lore...hmmm, what god to have him follow. Andruil makes the most sense, but I might have him go against the grain and venerate Fen'Harel...
Check out my poet tree!

Primarch

Scribbles

Quote from: Primarch on June 08, 2011, 06:22:23 PM
Kayla looks good so far!

Thanks! I'm probably only going to be able to finish her tomorrow though. The talent, skills and armour pages look like a heavy read.
AA and OO

Primarch

Quote from: Scribbles on June 08, 2011, 06:28:02 PM
Thanks! I'm probably only going to be able to finish her tomorrow though. The talent, skills and armour pages look like a heavy read.

If your unfamiliar with that side of things I could help? You could send me a PM wit the kind of character you have in mind and I could recommend stuff?

Primarch

Quote from: Alliance on June 08, 2011, 04:40:50 PM

Good luck! I'm going for a nap myself...the nap of going to sleep tonight and waking up in the morning XD
In otherwords I shall take a looksy at the fine character you produce in the morning.

For those who are viewing, we are still welcoming characters & idea's!

Question Mark

Name: Marc Alton

Origin: A mage of the Fereldan Circle.  Marc was part of the small envoy sent to assist at Ostagar.  During the rout, he and a couple of other mages took advantage of the chaos and distraction to kill their templar guardians, then scattered into the wilderness.  Marc will stumble across the other PCs at the start of the RP

Appearance:

Character Type: Mage

Specializations:
Spirit Healer - Marc has always been a natural healer.  Living in the Circle for so many years has only taught more about anatomy.
Battlemage - The typical battlemage training received by those sent into the fray.
Frost - Not an actual specialization obviously.  Marc just prefers frost based attacks.

Talents/Spells:
Blood Magic - Marc knows blood magic.  He is loathe to use it.  As he likes to say, though: "Prepare for the worst, hope for the best."
Cone of Cold - A blast of frigid air and slivers of ice that can cause frostbite, deep cuts, and possibly blindness, in addition to all the other things frigid slivers of razor sharp ice would do.
Flaming Weapons - Before battle, Marc can study and temporarily enchant weapons to glow red hot yet retain their hardness.  The flames are illusionary, but definitely add to the effect.
Group Heal - A complex spell that bathes everyone nearby by in healing magic, healing small surface wounds.  Not as effective as a single, targeted heal.
Heal - Two types.  The first is a simple combat heal, where he directs healing energy into someone.  This heals minor wounds and stop bleeding and aches and pains.  The second is used out of combat, where Marc has time to study and better direct the wounds and healing energy.
Mass Rejuvenation - A wave of energy radiates briefly from Marc, refreshing all friends caught in it.  Helps alleviate poor moods, fatigue, hunger, thirst, and tiredness.
Regeneration - A heal  and rejuvenation spell mixed together, and more powerful than most.  This is Marc's heavy hitting combat heal.
Revival - Revives someone from deep sleep, unconsciousness, and can temporarily bring someone almost dead back to action.  The farther they are from consciousness, the more it takes out of Marc.
Vulnerability Hex - A simple hex that strips away most of the target's magic resistances, both natural and artificial, and leaves them slightly disoriented and vulnerable to unconventional and flanking attacks.
Weakness - A hex that instills exhaustion, and all it's consequences: poor reactions, weakened strength and stamina, lower morale.
Winter's Grasp - A spell that freezes humidity in the air around someone or something, condensing the ice on whatever he's targeting.  Literally looks like a mass of ice chips solidifying around it, thus the name "Winter's Grasp."

Skills:
Stealing (all ranks) - Personal belongings?  What are those?
Coercion (1 rank) - He's a pretty good liar.  It's the convincing he needs to work on.
Combat Training (1 rank) - Compliments of the Circle of Magi.

Equipment
Armor: Robes of the Gifted
Boots: Normal, brown cowhide boots with reinforced soles and toe.
Gloves: Rough leather, brown, with extra grip on the palms.
Helmet: Just a cape with a hood.  Brown mottled with slightly darker brown.  The hood has a clasp that can be secured about the neck.
Weapon: A treated oaken branch, reinforced with rings of red steel at several points.  Both the head - a small sphere - and the bottom piece - a snug cap - are also made of red steel.  It shoots small frost projectiles.  Marc calls it Harbinger.  Roughly 190 cm. long, and 10 kilograms.
Runes - 2 Journeyman Frost runes give the staffs projectiles a heavy impact.
Ring: A simple copper ring he uses as a focus when healing.

Backstory: The son of a pair of wealthy Antivan merchants.  He was sent to the Circle at the age of five, passed his Horrowing at 17, and was sent with a contingent of battle mages to Ostagar only recently.

Alliance

Name: Mawtra Vishion [Maw-truh / Vi-shi-on]

Race: Half Elf

Origin: Apostate + Grey Warden

Appearance:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

His face was grayish, dark and pale handsome with elegant bone structure of that of the elven people. Yet everything about him seemed more human than they did eleven. His face was strong and structured tightly like of a human male. He was both handsome with multi colored lizard scale like green eyes. Short dark hair in his hood, with bangs that sat atop his forehead. If he took of his hood, which he rarely did, his ears would be fine and human except for their more delicate and fragile almost elven look with a small tip at the end of them which rounded out nicely. He wore a blueish purple robe that was tattered and dirty, layers beginning to appear. Across his chest you caught sometimes flashes of metallic buttons, but they were hidden in the folds of fabric. He stands rather awkwardly height wise at 5'2". Not even average for a human male.

Character Type: Blood Battle Mage

Specializations: Blood Mage, Battle Mage, Arcane Warrior

Talents/Spells:

Draining Aura- The battlemage thrives in the heat of combat, creating a field that drains life from nearby enemies to heal the mage for as long as the spell is active. Each time an enemy is drained, the spell consumes a small amount of the battlemage's mana. [this can still be active when blood magic is active. that's why battle mage and blood mage is such a nice combination]

Hand of Winter- The battlemage releases a burst of intense cold, damaging nearby enemies as well as freezing them unless they pass a physical resistance check, and inflicting a penalty to movement speed otherwise. [great crowd control]

Stoic- The battlemage has learned to harness pain and transform it into power, restoring mana whenever the mage suffers damage. [another spell that can activate even when they are using blood magic]

Blood Wound- The blood of all hostile targets in the area boils within their veins, inflicting severe damage. Targets stand twitching, unable to move unless they pass a physical resistance check. Creatures without blood are immune.

Blood Control- The blood mage forcibly controls the target’s blood, making the target an ally of the caster unless it passes a mental resistance check. If the target resists, it still takes great damage from the manipulation of its blood. Creatures without blood are immune.

Blood Sacrifice- The blood mage sucks the life-force from an ally, healing the caster but potentially killing the ally. This healing is not affected by the healing penalty of Blood Magic.

Combat Magic- While this mode is active, the arcane warrior channels magic inward, trading increased fatigue for an attack bonus and the ability to use Magic to determine combat damage. Aura of Might and Fade Shroud improve the effects. Additionally, regardless of whether the mode is active, an arcane warrior who has learned this spell may use the magic attribute to satisfy the strength requirement to equip higher-level weapons or armor.

Aura of Might- The arcane warrior’s prowess with Combat Magic grows, granting additional bonuses to attack, defense, and damage while in that mode.

Shimmering Shield- The arcane warrior is surrounded by a shimmering shield of energy that blocks most damage and grants large bonuses to armor and all resistances. When active, however, the Shimmering Shield consumes mana rapidly.

Fade Shroud- The arcane warrior now only partly exists in the physical realm while Combat Magic is active. Spanning the gap between the real world and the Fade grants a bonus to mana regeneration and a chance to avoid attacks.

Skills: 

Survival

Combat Training

Clarity

Coercion

Vitality

Runecrafting

*Note- Yes I did this the sneaky way, but this is the way I would have done it in the game as well. Instead choosing three and ranking him max in one or close to max I just gave him all 1 and I will do his point 1 by 1. Technically that's six right there. You made my job more difficult with the adding of math and giving 6 points. Therefore I did it this way.

Equipment: All explained in his appearance and other section

Weapon- Novas, bladed staff

Personality: He's only ever trusted one person in his life, but grew up a life of hiding and learning the kind of prejudice you get when you practice a kind of forbidden magic. He has a deep hatred towards Templars the most. Especially the kind that really hate apostates. He blames them for the fall of the one and only man he ever trusted. All though the Templars never killed him, he has always had the inkling feeling that they were a somewhat part of it. He's generally a calm and wise kind of person. He's rather intelligent, but also kind of sadistic. Those who fight beside him know him as a kind of magical demon. His stare rather cold, calm and collective. And yet its filled with a kind of darkness that gives people the varied impression that he could be a villain. But there are some good sides to his personality. He honors trust and values respect. Those who do get passed his usual distrust and prove themselves honored, well respected, and trustworthy tend to have a grand relationship and friendship with him. Appearing rather calm and aloof, but at the same time cautious Vishion is a grand kind of warrior and friend.

Backstory: Father was an apostate mage. Mother was an elven whore. Raised in a brothel for only three years. Father came back to get nookie, instead he got a baby. The man seemed uninterested until the babe showed promise to magic. Stolen by the cover of the night by his pimp father. He was taught many things by his father, apostate tricks and ways to hide. At fourteen his father was killed and he was alone.

Other: I wanted to say that Vishion is one of the mages that sits very close to the Fade. Now I know that people who take um...what it is called Lythium or something like that can have Fade experiences. Well Vishion naturally has a closer connection. One being a mage and two almost experience strange Fade like moments. I think Vishion is Dragon Ages first mage with epilepsy, which gives him a weakness and an advantage to being a mage.

About Vishions clothes. He doesn't wear the common robe like all mages. Actually it looks like a robe, but it isn't. When you initially you see him like this however, its a bit of a false perception. Vishion actually wears a pair of leather pants underneath his robe, which is more like a military style jacket. Instead of having a slit in the front however, it has a slit on the side. It has enough extra fabric though that it hides the three military style buttons pinning the jacket robe together. Kind of like a military trench coat cloak thing. He wears a pair of knee high leather boots with knee guards on them. And he wears a black cotton shirt underneath his robe.

Vishion marks himself in battle with battle paint you can check it out on his appearance.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Dragon Age Wiki link=http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Elves#History date=1307593346
They traded with the Imperium and grew friendly with humans, but soon discovered that breeding with humans produced only human babies, due to the elves' genetic adaptability, while exposure to the ‘quick children’ caused the elves to quicken themselves. For the first time, elves began to age and die.
Thought this would be relevant to point out. Sorry, man. Nothing personal.
Check out my poet tree!

Alliance

Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 08, 2011, 11:32:01 PM
Thought this would be relevant to point out. Sorry, man. Nothing personal.

Well I since the fact that in Dragon Age 2 they ruined most of their lore to begin with.

Dragon Age Origins said there was no such as teleportation magic.

Dragon Age 2 mages are teleporting everywhere.

So I'm keeping it. I even asked the GM on the first page.

TheHangedOne

Alright. As long as we're not going to be scrapping the lore left and right, I'm groovy. I've never played DA2 myself; just Origins.
Check out my poet tree!

Alliance

Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 08, 2011, 11:40:40 PM
Alright. As long as we're not going to be scrapping the lore left and right, I'm groovy. I've never played DA2 myself; just Origins.

Their lore just seemed so silly. Since most of the other fantasy, allow the mating of elves and human and producing half elves.

I'm surprised no one has a problem with an epileptic mage.

TheHangedOne

I found the lore a bit different from typical fantasy fare, which is exactly why I liked it. It's all internally consistent to me (atleast DA:O is. I can't say anything about the books or DA2.), too.
Check out my poet tree!

Question Mark

Quote from: Alliance on June 08, 2011, 11:38:15 PM
Well I since the fact that in Dragon Age 2 they ruined most of their lore to begin with.

Dragon Age Origins said there was no such as teleportation magic.

Dragon Age 2 mages are teleporting everywhere.

So I'm keeping it. I even asked the GM on the first page.

Not really sure what Hanged was referring to, but I gotta correct this statement myself.

They weren't teleporting.  Mages would turn invisible and run over to another area.  Others, like rogues, used deception and camouflage to move around the battlefield.  Whenever a mage vanished, I would just cast a Tempest to flush him out again.  It looks a little too fast to not be teleportation, but that's chalked up to gameplay.  Besides, it says in the game there's no teleportation.  Story trumps gameplay.

Dragon Age 2 didn't really wreck the lore so much as they ignored it.  A lot of the stuff in Dragon Age Origins simply had no place or bearing in Kirkwall.  I actually can't recall any lore discrepancies off the top of my head, and I pay a lot of attention to this kind of stuff.

Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 08, 2011, 11:40:40 PM

I'd rather we not scrap ANY lore.  EVAR.

Quote from: Alliance on June 08, 2011, 11:45:58 PM
Their lore just seemed so silly. Since most of the other fantasy, allow the mating of elves and human and producing half elves.

I'm surprised no one has a problem with an epileptic mage.

Fantasy allows half-elves because of DnDs precedent, which heavily expanded on a niche in Tolkein lore.  Really, half-elfs don't make a damned bit of sense (this is coming from a Biology major).  Elves and humans are two different species because they are reproductively isolated.  Interspecies sex should result in miscarriage, or at least a sterile offspring.  As for epilepsy?  That's a relatively common disease.  There's no reason why mages would be immune.

Just my $0.02

Question Mark

Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 08, 2011, 11:48:15 PM
I found the lore a bit different from typical fantasy fare, which is exactly why I liked it. It's all internally consistent to me (atleast DA:O is. I can't say anything about the books or DA2.), too.

Also this.  I agree.  It's consistent for me, anyway.

Alliance

Thing was my original vision for Vishion [not intended for comedy] was to have more a Breton type character. Than a human or elf. But fine, I'll make him full elf it makes everyone happy.

Question Mark

Quote from: Alliance on June 09, 2011, 12:04:08 AM
Thing was my original vision for Vishion [not intended for comedy] was to have more a Breton type character. Than a human or elf. But fine, I'll make him full elf it makes everyone happy.

There's just two of us.  Well maybe one.  I don't have anything against half elves.  Besides, it's fantasy.  A wizard did it.

Also, no need to be so pouty.  Cheer up mate.

TheHangedOne

He could be full human. Also, Breton, as in Morrowind?  :-) I honestly don't mind the minor exception, since in the grand scheme of things, I don't see it having a dramatic effect on things. If it's more enjoyable for you and the GM says it's good, then it's good with me.

I'm getting the feeling that you're maybe a bit on the defensive side of things? I'm sorry if I came across as attacking you or your idea. That wasn't my intention. I'm also sorry if I'm misreading your words.
Check out my poet tree!

Alliance

Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 09, 2011, 12:07:35 AM
He could be full human. Also, Breton, as in Morrowind?  :-) I honestly don't mind the minor exception, since in the grand scheme of things, I don't see it having a dramatic effect on things. If it's more enjoyable for you and the GM says it's good, then it's good with me.

I'm getting the feeling that you're maybe a bit on the defensive side of things? I'm sorry if I came across as attacking you or your idea. That wasn't my intention. I'm also sorry if I'm misreading your words.

I'm aware I can be quite careless with my words. So I seem to get people lost. hahahaaa.

Yes, Breton as in Morrowind.

Vishion was a cross dimensional character:

-I've used him in the TES series

-Dragon Age....except Hawke....I had to make something different than Vishion. Cause Vishion Hawke, sounds gross his last name is Mawtra

-Two Worlds 2

I like him the most when he was TES Breton.

TheHangedOne

Ahh, that's cool. I'm not fond of making cross dimensional characters myself, as I prefer either Avatar or Archetype play myself.  :-) Still, you should do what makes you happy; it ain't harming me, I have no right to tell you not to do it, you know?
Check out my poet tree!

Alliance

Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 09, 2011, 12:16:16 AM
Ahh, that's cool. I'm not fond of making cross dimensional characters myself, as I prefer either Avatar or Archetype play myself.  :-) Still, you should do what makes you happy; it ain't harming me, I have no right to tell you not to do it, you know?

Its because I find myself falling in love with certain characters. And I can't derive from them. Especially when its their official genre.

TheHangedOne

Makes sense. That particualr style of play doesn't appeal to me, but it's all groovy.  ;D
Check out my poet tree!

Alliance

Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 09, 2011, 12:21:49 AM
Makes sense. That particualr style of play doesn't appeal to me, but it's all groovy.  ;D

Neither me. Only when it comes to RPs based on the games that they originate from.

bubby

Ok. So Hanged made this profile for me based on the pic that I chose. As for the 'stats' she has, I really have no clue what they mean, he said he would explain them to me when he can. I told him to make her as basic as she can be without being a pussy, so it's easy for me to play her. I will add the personality and backstory part when I know more of what exactly it might need to entail?

I hope this works!

Name: Fyrlynn Targenian
Origin:

Appearance:

Specializations: Champion
Powerful
Precise Striking
Taunt
Second Wind
Peon's Plight
Shield Bash
Shield Pummel
Shield Block
Juggernaut
Carapace
Bravery

Skills:
Survival
Improved Survival
Combat Training
Improved Combat Training
Expert Combat Training
Coercion

Armor: Splint Mail (Veridium)
Helm: N/A
Boots: Dwarven Heavy Boots (Veridium)
Gloves: Dwarven heavy Gloves (Veridium)
Weapons: Longsword (Veridium) (Journeyman hale Rune) (Journeyman Silverite Rune)
Shield: Denerim Guard Shield (Red Steel)
Rings: Ring of The Warrior
Amulet: Feral Wolf Charm

Personality:

Backstory:

Scribbles

Thanks Primarch, I've added your recommendations to my character sheet. I think my profile's done.
AA and OO

Primarch

We're moving along nicely guys 8D

Don't forget the talent/spell tree progression, if you want later stuff you got to get the earlier stuff. No cherry picking! hurr hurr hurr.

I'll set up a Character thread today for everyone who's sorted, and if things move along very nicely we'll might even have a starting thread.

Do we have a general agreement that we'll be starting at Ostagar the morning after the battle?

Scribbles

That's fine with me but I wanted to ask, are we going to play out our meeting? And whereabout will we meet, a nearby town, in the woods, or somewhere else?
AA and OO

TheHangedOne

Woods near Ostagar or Ostagar itself makes sense for my character at least, but I can find a way to put him wherever's convenient for the group.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

Primarch

Quote from: Scribbles on June 09, 2011, 07:28:20 AM
That's fine with me but I wanted to ask, are we going to play out our meeting? And whereabout will we meet, a nearby town, in the woods, or somewhere else?

I would imagine so, at Ostagar it would appear.

bubby

*Looks up Ostagr..Ostagoar?...gar....tries to get a feel!*

bubby

I have NO idea what sort of backstory to have for my char...are there mercenarys?...that'll work kinda..since most of that type don't talk about their past..yadda.

Primarch

Quote from: bubby on June 09, 2011, 12:45:23 PM
*Looks up Ostagr..Ostagoar?...gar....tries to get a feel!*

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Ostagar <-- An abandoned Fortress that serves as an area of battle at the start of the game. King Cailen was killed in the battle when Loghain his general/champion didn't bring in the rest of the army to fight the Dark Spawn.

PearlRuby

hows about a bard/duelist to throw in the fray?  :P
*ponders character* hmmm...

To sleep, perchance to dream ... All the world's a stage.
Ons and Offs     Ideas / Requests     A&A

Primarch

Quote from: PearlRuby on June 09, 2011, 12:53:41 PM
hows about a bard/duelist to throw in the fray?  :P
*ponders character* hmmm...

Oh yes! My character could do with a bard to raise his spirits. : D

bubby

PearlRuby

Can't resist some good ol' dragon age  O:)
I think I'll make her a deserter from the battle.

bubby

Primarch...do I get to be a mercenary?

Primarch

Question Mark

Quote from: bubby on June 09, 2011, 01:05:23 PM
Primarch...do I get to be a mercenary?

Not to sound harsh or anything, but if you're going to be in the RP, you should know the material.  There's a whole Dragon Age Wiki; you could always read up on the world, the story, etc.  Not to mention google.  Get a feel for the universe.  It's the internet after all: free information!

Also, let's say we meet in the woods about a day's journey from Lothering.  That way we can do the meetup, have some chitchat, maybe a skirmish or two for fun, and then a camp/night scene with some player interaction..  Cut to us entering Lothering and it all works out, eh?

Alliance

If its okay, I'd like to be not in the battle of Ostagar. But fleeing to Ostagar and finding it destroyed.

Would that be fine?

Question Mark

Quote from: Alliance on June 09, 2011, 01:15:53 PM
If its okay, I'd like to be not in the battle of Ostagar. But fleeing to Ostagar and finding it destroyed.

Would that be fine?

That could be your intro post.  He goes to Ostagar, realizes along with all the other reinforcements that everyone's dead, and then flees the Darkspawn Horde.  He ends up walking right into our merry little band.

bubby

Yeah. Well I have read some stuff, but since I -haven't- played the game I really have no clue. SO...thanks for considering me Primarch but I'll just back out.

PearlRuby

Bloody hell, you people reply quick.

Erm... More than likely, wouldn't people be fleeing away from Ostagar? To Lothering, in general? I remember that, Ostagar is kinda, centred in the wild lands where people don't really tend to visit unless, y'know, there's a legion of darkspawn coming from the south.

And let's not forget Lothering is kinda... already full of refuges from neighbouring farmlands and, yeah... about to be swarmed with darkspawn too >.>
Happy days!

Also Bubby, don't worry about not playing the game! It's good that you haven't. You can inject some originality and stop the rest of us from just repeating the game events  :-)

Primarch

Quote from: PearlRuby on June 09, 2011, 01:21:44 PM
Also Bubby, don't worry about not playing the game! It's good that you haven't. You can inject some originality and stop the rest of us from just repeating the game events  :-)

Precisely!

QuoteIf its okay, I'd like to be not in the battle of Ostagar. But fleeing to Ostagar and finding it destroyed.
Fleeing to Ostagar? From where? o.O

Alliance

Quote from: Primarch on June 09, 2011, 01:26:19 PM
Fleeing to Ostagar? From where? o.O

I mean he was to be one of their reinforcements.

TheHangedOne

*Hugs bubby.*

Quote from: Alliance on June 09, 2011, 01:31:03 PM
I mean he was to be one of their reinforcements.
Sounds kind of like what I had in mind for "Farsight", though he was more of an... unofficial reinforcement.  Maybe our characters meet up on the way there?
Check out my poet tree!

Alliance

Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 09, 2011, 01:32:57 PM
*Hugs bubby.*
Sounds kind of like what I had in mind for "Farsight", though he was more of an... unofficial reinforcement.  Maybe our characters meet up on the way there?

Yes.

Cause the thing was I was going to ask....nevermind...to much.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Alliance on June 09, 2011, 01:37:51 PM
Cause the thing was I was going to ask....nevermind...to much.
???
Check out my poet tree!

bubby

OK..here's what I'll do then. Due to upcoming AWESOMENESS for me this weekend, I'll just keep an eye out, since I won't really be able to start until next week anyway. When the game starts, I'll watch, get a feel, and slip in at some point. That work?

Alliance

Question Mark

Quote from: bubby on June 09, 2011, 01:20:00 PM
Yeah. Well I have read some stuff, but since I -haven't- played the game I really have no clue. SO...thanks for considering me Primarch but I'll just back out.

Thanks for not backing out.  I wasn't trying to get rid of you, just.... erm, not sure.  W/e, hope you stay!

Also, a note on reinforcements: I was just replaying DA:O last night, and it's mentioned in Ostagar that there were tons of reinforcements due the day after the battle.  The line goes something like "Reinforcements have been arriving all day.  There'll be twice as many tomorrow."

Just FYI

Scribbles

Quote from: bubby on June 09, 2011, 01:44:37 PM
OK..here's what I'll do then. Due to upcoming AWESOMENESS for me this weekend, I'll just keep an eye out, since I won't really be able to start until next week anyway. When the game starts, I'll watch, get a feel, and slip in at some point. That work?

If it's any consolation, I'm mostly winging it myself. All I've seen is up to the end of Ostagar and bits and pieces here and there after.

I did manage to find a YouTube vid of the battle which might create a better picture of the start.

Dragon Age - Battle at Ostagar
AA and OO

Primarch

Right, I might as well start setting things up, character sheet if thread if nothing else. Anyone got a preference for board? Exotic group something I suppose.

Question Mark

Here's a brief look into the world of Dragon Age.  Hope it helps.

The main setting for this RP is the country Ferelden, a typical fantasy setting based off medieval Europe and Britain.  Fereldan is to the far south of the continent, with nothing but frozen wilds and blighted land south of it.  This southern area is where Ostagar is, an ancient fortress used to defend against barbarians.

At the moment, a new Blight is occuring.  Blights are when Darkspawn - usually just roving monsters - find a new leader in the form of a corrupted old god: an Archdemon.  Led by this Archdemon, the normally subterranean Darkspawn storm the surface lands en masse, and it usually takes decades to force them back underground.

In response to the constant threat of a Blight, the Grey Wardens were formed.  This is an independent elite band of soldiers who have drunk Archdemon blood, allowing them to kill it.  The Grey Wardens, knowing a Blight has begun, rally Fereldan's king to Ostagar to defend against the Darkspawn.  However, the king's lead general betrays his nation, allowing the army to be routed, and his king killed.  The tragedy at Ostagar leaves Fereldan defenseless, and the Darkspawn quickly begin to run rampant.

The day after the Rout at Ostagar is where the RP begins.

Scribbles

Deleted most of my bumbling. Question Mark sounds as if he has a better grasp of the world.  :-)
AA and OO

Question Mark

Quote from: Scribbles on June 09, 2011, 02:21:40 PM
Deleted most of my bumbling. Question Mark sounds as if he has a better grasp of the world.  :-)

Aww.  *offers brownies*

I just have more free time is all!   :-\  I mean, your post has a video, and a picture is worth a thousand words... 

Scribbles

Quote from: Question Mark on June 09, 2011, 02:25:44 PM
Aww.  *offers brownies*

*Noms*

Oh, I don't mind. I was honestly nervous putting all that up in the first place since it's mostly just skimming and guesswork. I'm glad someone else offered to put up a summary as I was worried about the possible barrage of criticism, or giving Bubby the wrong info for that matter.  :P
AA and OO

Alliance

Well I feel like the ambient ghost in this RP.

Question Mark

Quote from: Alliance on June 09, 2011, 02:37:13 PM
Well I feel like the ambient ghost in this RP.

Don't you go emo on us now.

Although I don't know what you actually meant.

What did you mean?

Alliance

Quote from: Question Mark on June 09, 2011, 02:39:50 PM
Don't you go emo on us now.

Although I don't know what you actually meant.

What did you mean?

I did ask about the Grey Wardens.

How will they be played out?

Will there be any members playing Wardens before they get to Ostagar?

Etc.

Question Mark

Quote from: Alliance on June 09, 2011, 02:41:55 PM

Etc.

Then say you asked about Grey Wardens, lol

I can't really answer that because I'm not the GM, but I've been assuming that none of us are Grey Wardens, since the only two Wardens are Alistair and the custom Warden.  Unless we meet up with them, we're just going to be normal ol' people.

Primarch

Quote from: Alliance on June 09, 2011, 02:41:55 PM

Etc.

I've got nothing against people playing Grey Wardens. We should probably have one in the group. If nobody is interested I might re-write the end of Galrauch's history to make him one. But we shall see.

On another note, Character thread is up.

Most looks fine so go ahead and post, but I think some of the characters have talents/spells without the prerequisite spells & talents.

Alliance

Quote from: Primarch on June 09, 2011, 02:45:12 PM
I've got nothing against people playing Grey Wardens. We should probably have one in the group. If nobody is interested I might re-write the end of Galrauch's history to make him one. But we shall see.

On another note, Character thread is up.

Most looks fine so go ahead and post, but I think some of the characters have talents/spells without the prerequisite spells & talents.

Thank you. I wanted to make Vishion a Grey Warden because its what keeps him from being hunted by the Templars. Can't touch a Warden he's got power.

Primarch

Quote from: Alliance on June 09, 2011, 02:46:24 PM
Thank you. I wanted to make Vishion a Grey Warden because its what keeps him from being hunted by the Templars. Can't touch a Warden he's got power.

True that. Perhaps if others are interested he can put them through the joining. That would be a fun thread.

Alliance

Quote from: Primarch on June 09, 2011, 02:47:22 PM
True that. Perhaps if others are interested he can put them through the joining. That would be a fun thread.

"I want you to drink this and don't make any apostate bloodmage jokes while you're at it,"

rofl.

All right awesome. And Vishion's image fun uploaded. Tinypic is no longer being a douche to me.

Primarch

Well, while you lot finish getting your characters sorted, I'm going to play some DA:O, for the benefit of the game of course. So I know stuff, and stuff.

Alliance

Vishion now has an appearance if anyone wants to look at it.

PearlRuby

quite scary! but very nice and quite fitting artwork ^_^

Scribbles

AA and OO

Alliance

Epileptic apostate grey warden mage who never went to the circle, what isn't there to be frightened up?

Question Mark

Quote from: Alliance on June 09, 2011, 03:22:49 PM
Epileptic apostate grey warden mage who never went to the circle, what isn't there to be frightened up?

Well, I just had a funny moment when I imagined him trying to cast a spell, only to have a siezure.  Everyone he's fighting just looks confused.

Primarch

Got a PM from another interested individual! Excellent.

Scribbles

Quote from: Question Mark on June 09, 2011, 03:51:06 PM
Well, I just had a funny moment when I imagined him trying to cast a spell, only to have a siezure.  Everyone he's fighting just looks confused.

I was wondering that too but in a normal scenario rather than in combat. Our group would probably believe he's being possessed after witnessing him seize up while sitting calmly around the campfire.  :P
AA and OO

PearlRuby

do you want me to post my character sheet here first, or just put it directly on the dedicated thread?

Primarch

Here first please, just so I can have a quick look to "approve."

Alliance

Quote from: Question Mark on June 09, 2011, 03:51:06 PM

rofl!

Like the Darkspawn actually care?

Quote from: Scribbles on June 09, 2011, 03:56:54 PM
I was wondering that too but in a normal scenario rather than in combat. Our group would probably believe he's being possessed after witnessing him seize up while sitting calmly around the campfire.  :P

Now that would be an interesting situation wouldn't it?

Though epilepsy, there are many kinds of seizures. Even seizures that do not appear in a physical manner can happen. The kind of siezures most people conjure with epilepsy is the full on seizing and those are grand mal seizures or now medically known as tonic clonic seizures. Don't ask me why. There is a lot of doctor hooha in that.

Scribbles

Quote from: Alliance on June 09, 2011, 04:04:50 PM
Though epilepsy, there are many kinds of seizures. Even seizures that do not appear in a physical manner can happen. The kind of siezures most people conjure with epilepsy is the full on seizing and those are grand mal seizures or now medically known as tonic clonic seizures. Don't ask me why. There is a lot of doctor hooha in that.

Dibs on tying you to a tree should you get the tonic clonic seizure!
AA and OO

Alliance

Quote from: Scribbles on June 09, 2011, 04:09:48 PM
Dibs on tying you to a tree should you get the tonic clonic seizure!

rofl!

I think I may only have one tonic clonic seizure in this RP. Since its a bit hard to deal with regarding RPs.

bubby

Ok. Character is up with a tiny smidge of backstory thanks to Pearl mentioning the red cloak my char has. I hope it works!

Primarch

Bubby my doll,  I'm afraid there's an issue with your talents!

To list your talents in respect to the talent trees, basically your missing threaten, so you'll need to make a little switch-a-roo somewhere. Perhaps drop one elsewhere and replace it with threaten for now? I would suggest perhaps one of the last five, since those are high level abilities your character probably shouldn't have. <.<
Powerful -> Threaten -> Bravery
Precise Striking -> Taunt
Shield Bash -> Shield Pummel
Shield Block
Juggernaut -> Carapace
Second Wind -> Peon's Plight

TheHangedOne

Sorry; that was an oversight on my part.  Repalce Bravery with Threaten.
Check out my poet tree!

Primarch

bubby

Done, and done. Honestly, all the stat stuff i have not much clue about, Hanged said it all just makes her kinda badass.

Primarch

We have 4 submitted and ready to go characters! I reckon just one or two more and we can start the first thread while the rest are finished up.

PearlRuby

Argh! Backstory is taking me ages >.<
*rushes to finish!*

Alliance

Quote from: Primarch on June 09, 2011, 05:26:10 PM
We have 4 submitted and ready to go characters! I reckon just one or two more and we can start the first thread while the rest are finished up.

I have to finish his history don't I to get accepted?

rofl.

Primarch

Quote from: Alliance on June 09, 2011, 05:28:50 PM
I have to finish his history don't I to get accepted?

rofl.

Yes

Quote from: PearlRuby on June 09, 2011, 05:28:22 PM
Argh! Backstory is taking me ages >.<
*rushes to finish!*

Hurry...or I'll die! D:

Alliance

I'm finishing his backstory....kind of...a little.

Machete

I'll fill in more info as I think of it.  Thus, you may consider this a reservation

Name: Calypso Dawnstrider
Origin: Dalish Elf

Appearance:
Coming soon

Character Type: Magi
Specialization(s): Arcane Warrior
Talents/Spells:
General
Arcane
Mastery: Arcane Bolt --> Arcane Shield
Attunement: Fade Shield --> Elemental Mastery --> Attunement

Primal
Fire: Flame Blast
Cold: Winter's Grasp
Lightning: Lightning --> Shock --> Tempest

Spec-only
Combat Magic

Skills:
Coercion --> Improved Coercion --> Master Coercion
Survival --> Improved Survival
Herbalism

Equipment:
Armor: Tier 5 Dalish Battledress (sewn by a friend of hers from hides she acquired; looks like the Battledress of the Provocateur)
Boots: Tier 3 Enchanter's Footing
Gloves: Tier 3 Studded Leather Gloves (two pairs, one of which is modified to be fingerless that she wears in good weather)

Personality: Coming soon

Backstory: Coming soon

PearlRuby

Name: Mireia
Origin: City Elf

Appearance:

Specializations: Bard, Assassin & Duelist

Talents/Spells:
~ Dirty Fighting
~ Below the Belt
~ Deft Hands
~ Dueling (stance)
~ Dual Weapon Training
~ Dual Striking
~ Dual Weapon Sweep
~ Twin Strikes > Find Vitals
~ Song of Valor > Song of Distraction

Skills:
~ Coercion > Improved Coercion
~ Stealing > Improved Stealing
~ Poison Making
~ Trap Making
~ Combat Training

Main Weapon: Red Steel Longsword (tier 5)
+ Journeyman Slow Rune
Off hand: Veridium Crow Dagger (tier 4)

Armour:: Complete Leather Armour Set (tier 3 light armour; dyed dark red)
+ Journeyman Barrier Rune

Accessories::
~ 'Oathkeeper' Ring
~ Sailor's Charm Necklace

Personality: Professional. Cunning. Observant. Patient. Quick-Witted.

As a trained Antivan Crow, Mireia hides behind a façade of many faces. Those who witness her true, far more serious visage, are often unfortunate enough to in fact be visited by their Angel of Death. Chosen for her Elvish Beauty and gift of alluring voice, she has no qualms with using her female attributes to seduce her mark. While her silver tongue can be persuasive and incite the confidence that her daggers will soon strip away.

As just another pawn for the crows though, Mireia has indeed suffered an identity crisis. After all, she has over the years, lived many lies. Sometimes it is far more entertaining to be Esmerelda the Buccaneer, than it is to be Mireia the Orphaned Crow. Her skewed perspectives on life and death have at least confirmed one aspect of her true personality; her obsession with fate and fortune. At times, she is both dare devil and pleasure seeker, in whichever means necessary. Sometimes, life is a great joke, other times, it is death who has the final, far more serious laugh. In fact, one might wonder if her laughter is ever genuine, or if she is merely reciting another song. Is she ever truly pleasured, or does she feel nothing?

Backstory:
One only needs to hear the accent upon Mireia's tongue, to instantly know that she hails from Antiva: The north eastern trade nation of merchant Princes and a broken line of Kings. But far more importantly, it is the home of the most deadly assassins in Thedras. So deadly and famous are the Antivan Crows, that not even the Qunari dare to tread on their soil.

Born an unwanted love-child in the Antivan City Alienage under a much different, forgotten name, 'Mireia' experienced a City Elf upbringing that lasted only six years under her parent's roof. The father, who frequented the tavern far too often, one day fell to the desperation of selling his children to 'slavers', all three of them. Times were hard, especially in the Alienage. Money was scarce, especially in the hands of an alcoholic. The slavers just so happened to be agents of the crows, who specialised in recruiting orphaned children to train as elite assassins. The orphaned siblings were of course separated, and to this day, Mireia has not encountered either of them. Or perhaps she has, but neither no longer recognise each other?

Forced into the Crow training, both the beauty and downfall of being a female assassin in Antiva, was that Antivan women had strictly defined roles. They were considered pure and delicate, and certainly not allowed to participate in combat, among other things. Who would expect the pretty elf bard to wield such a deadly dagger? Yes, Mireia was not only training to deliver a killing backstab, but to also more generally entertain. In a way, fate and fortune had smiled on her. She received an education beyond her Alienage roots, while the Antivan whores tutored her in the Arts of pleasing others to please one's self.

At 13, she was finally ready to work. Simple tests really; thieving jobs and small tasks. By 15, she was an accomplished pickpocket and good with the gambling games. Sometimes she would even dress as a boy. When she came of age though, her exploits advanced, and the jobs she received begun to take more advantage of her Elvish assets. Aged 20, the crows sent her overseas. At first, to study on board a ship to adopt the identity of a pirate merchant. Then, to complete her mission in Ferelden under a disguise she would use again and again.

Over the past five years, she has waited to be called back home, and longed for Antiva again. But the crows keep sending their scrolls, and she has found herself lingering far too long in muddy Ferelden. First, in Amaranthine City, then, in Denerim. She flies like a true Crow, and disappears without a feather to trace. By her fifth year however, she wonders if the Crows will ever ask her to return. Especially with the news of the Blight on the horizon, she longs evermore for the smell of warm leather and the sound of rattling merchant pouches. One mark in particular leads her to Lothering, of all the rotten places. A hideaway who owes the Crows; a fitting place to hide as not even Mireia wants to set foot there. But she does, and entirely at the wrong point in time. A whirlwind of events leads to her being set-up, and confused, for just another elf slave. So she's swept up in the Battle for Ostagar, serving the human soldiers. At the brink of battle, fortune smiles on her again. She slips away, and a good thing that she does! Else she would not be alive to engage in the next chapter of her life...

Primarch

Ooh she looks well good! Post her up in the character thread!

PearlRuby

^_^ Thankies! A little rushed, but hopefully she will get some more shape during the actual RP.

Primarch

Okay, so as soon as only half the approved characters are Human Warriors, we can start. :P
So one more non human warrior and we can start the meeting in the Koncari Wilds/woods outside Ostagar.

TheHangedOne

If that's a little rushed, Pearl, I'm not sure I'd be able to handle the sheer awesomeness of a character you took all the time you needed with.  :D Also, hooray for another Elf.
Check out my poet tree!

PearlRuby

lol *blushes*  :-[  I did take a few hours mind you ^.^'
And yes! I was just giggling at all the human warriors!  ;D

Question Mark

My guy's a mage!...........who just happens to be human

Primarch

Looks for for the most part, but I believe there may be some missing prerequisite spells!

~I think its a bit like this:

Blood Magic
Winter's Grasp -> Frost Weapons -> Cone of Cold -
Flame Blast -> Flaming Weapons
Group Heal - Revival
Heal -> Rejuvenate -> Regeneration -> Mass Rejuvenation -
Vulnerability Hex
Weakness

Question Mark

Quote from: Primarch on June 09, 2011, 07:35:44 PM
Looks for for the most part, but I believe there may be some missing prerequisite spells!

~I think its a bit like this:

Blood Magic
Winter's Grasp -> Frost Weapons -> Cone of Cold -
Flame Blast -> Flaming Weapons
Group Heal - Revival
Heal -> Rejuvenate -> Regeneration -> Mass Rejuvenation -
Vulnerability Hex
Weakness

Oh, we're actually going by the game?  I thought we were just supposed to use common sense.

Hmm, this'll be... 

abandoneddolly

Im interested if you still need characters

Primarch

Alliance

Quote from: Question Mark on June 09, 2011, 07:12:55 PM
My guy's a mage!...........who just happens to be human

Well Vishion will be sure to congratulate you.

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Alliance

"Father was an apostate mage. Mother was an elven whore. Raised in a brothel for only three years. Father came back to get nookie, instead he got a baby. The man seemed uninterested until the babe showed promise to magic. Stolen by the cover of the night by his pimp father. He was taught many things by his father, apostate tricks and ways to hide. At fourteen his father was killed and he was alone."

Rofl!

Why does that sound so funny to me?

Question Mark

That just sounds depressing to me.  Imagine having to describe your life, and having to say that.

Alliance

Quote from: Question Mark on June 09, 2011, 10:29:36 PM
That just sounds depressing to me.  Imagine having to describe your life, and having to say that.

That's how they gained custody back then.  :-\

Primarch

Quote from: Alliance on June 10, 2011, 12:34:31 AM
That's how they gained custody back then.  :-\

The King's court is always so favourite towards the mother. <.<

abandoneddolly

Name: Akiranth Saderiel
Origin: Started out in an Alienage but ended up with the dalish.
Appearance:
Specializations: duelist
Talents/Spells:
Stealth> Stealthy item use> Combat stealth
Deft Hands> Improved tools> Mechanical expertise
Dual weapon training> Dual weapon finesse
Dual weapon striking> Riposte
Dueling
Skills:
stealing > Improved stealing> expert stealing >Master Stealing
Coercion> Improved Coercion >Expert Coercion
Equipment:
Dalish leather armor ( body, gloves, boots)
Weapons – main hand – Steel long sword
Off hand -  Steel dagger -journeyman paralyze rune
Silverleaf ring

Personality:restless, but calm and calculating when and if she focuses on something. She is often quick to anger where humans are concerned.

Backstory: She was born into an alienage. Her mother and father taught her the art of being a good thief. How to steal from the humans who had taken so much from them. One night her mother left the alienage and didn't return. Stories of some human raping and killing her mother came back to her. It left Akiranth reeling, she wanted to go and avenge her, but her farther talked some since into her. No matter how stealthy she was going to kill the human. It would look bad for the alienege and have some poor elf hung by the end of it.

It was then Akiranth decided she had enough of the Alienage. She had heard stories of a place where elves lived in the woods, the dalish. She took off that nigh to go find them. She wondered through forest for weeks not finding anything, when she began to think that what she had heard must have been rumors one of the dalish found her and took her back to the others.

The dalish excepted her into the group. She tried to forget her past life, and live a new more peaceful one here.

Primarch

Looks good so far dolly, just missing something for appearance? And if you'd like you could add something into the backstory concerning why she's at the Koncari wilds/woods around Ostagar when the game starts.

Alliance

Primarch the character is finished.

Primarch

QuoteBlood Sacrifice- Generally the original blood sacrifice is to sacrifice the health of an ally. But Vishion has revised this with his very own touches and has made it so he drains the blood and transfers the blood of the enemies into healing him and his allies.
Oh no you don't sunshine! You want to play with Forbidden Magic, you deal with the consequences!

Otherwise its fine, although if he's a Grey Warden you might want to reference that in the backstory, and for the sake of consistency if you could list his armour & any trinkets he has in equipment it would be great. You can leave the paragraph at the end describing the ensemble, but if gear changes during the game having a list you can quickly edit would be handy, and make for other people's quick glancing of what characters are/have easier. My own glancing included.

Alliance

Quote from: Primarch on June 10, 2011, 03:32:33 PM
Oh no you don't sunshine! You want to play with Forbidden Magic, you deal with the consequences!

The issue is said we had to choose a certain amount of spells. But I never used Blood Sacrifice to begin with in my own game. I had it because its what unlocked blood control.

But, the issue is I use my teammates against the monsters. The reason why I don't use Blood Sacrifice is because it seems counter productive when they are my human meat shields.

Primarch

Quote from: Alliance on June 10, 2011, 06:43:12 PM
The issue is said we had to choose a certain amount of spells. But I never used Blood Sacrifice to begin with in my own game. I had it because its what unlocked blood control.

But, the issue is I use my teammates against the monsters. The reason why I don't use Blood Sacrifice is because it seems counter productive when they are my human meat shields.

Don't use it if you worry about its counter productive nature, but changing what spells do just opens a whole flood gate of things I'd really rather avoid. If you want blood control you need sacrifice, so get it, get blood control then forget about sacrifice.

Scribbles

Personally, I hope you do use Sacrifice at some point. Sounds like it'd be a fun ability for the rest of us to type up reactions to, especially if its effects are subtle.
AA and OO

Destiny Ascension

Annnny possibility there is some room still in this game? :D
"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."
Andraste's flaming sword! I know where babies come from!

Primarch

Quote from: Destiny Ascension on June 10, 2011, 07:31:22 PM
Annnny possibility there is some room still in this game? :D

Sure, although I believe you just might be the last new person. Between yourself, those with characters approved and the others who are interested I reckon we got enough for a fine game.

Destiny Ascension

Thank you! I'll have a character up soon. :)

Are there any character restrictions?
"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."

Primarch

Quote from: Destiny Ascension on June 10, 2011, 07:56:41 PM
Thank you! I'll have a character up soon. :)

Are there any character restrictions?

Just follow the template/character sheet on the opening page and you should be fine. Level 10 characters, keep things reasonable and you should be fine.

Alliance

Quote from: Scribbles on June 10, 2011, 07:21:14 PM
Personally, I hope you do use Sacrifice at some point. Sounds like it'd be a fun ability for the rest of us to type up reactions to, especially if its effects are subtle.

All right. I'll leave it as using his allies.

I can imagine an interesting situation.

Destiny Ascension

Name: Kilenna Marlow
Origin: Seeker of Truth

Appearance:

Specializations: Champion, Templar
Talents/Spells:
- Powerful
- Shield Bash, Shield Pummel
- Shield Defense, Shield Balance, Shield Wall
- Warcry
- Riteous Strike, Cleanse Area, Mental Fortress, Holy Smite

Skills:
- Coersion(3)
- Clairty(1)
- Improved Combat Training(2)

Equipment:
- Seeker Armor ( Steel - Tier 3 )
- Templar Blade ( Red Steel - Tier 5 )
- Templar Shield ( Veridium - Tier 4 )
- Surveyor
- Charm of Still Waters

Personality: Quick-witted, tactically minded, religiously devoted
Mira is a good example of how the Chantry can produce effective, strong and loyal people. Her training as a Templar is only a small part of what makes her a devout follower of the Andrastian Chantry and loyal servant of the Divine. She is calm and unemotional, task oriented, precise in everything she does and has shown courage in the face of everything from abominations and blood mages to darkspawn. She can show compassion and mercy just as easily as cold efficiency.

Backstory: Mira was born in an Ferelden town near Denerim just after the end of the war. She was raised by a Bann loyal to King Maric, but was orphaned early after her mother died of disease, while her father had died during the late stages of the war. Originally, she was going to be taken in by another Bann, but was given to the Chantry. She was raised by the Chantry to become a sister, but felt that becoming a templar was better suited to her, and so she was trained in Denerim as a templar, taught to use lyrium to fuel her attempts to stop mages from using their powers, how to fight mages and do so effectively.

She eventually completed her training and was stationed in Redcliffe for a short while, never doing much more than guarding the Chantry and occasionally chasing off some bandits outside the village, while her comrades were always the ones to head out and find mages who had run from the Circle or apostates that were discovered. After a few years, however, she got her chance in the form of a blood mage who had killed a templar just outside of Redcliffe, and a manhunt was initated. It took almost 2 years for the mage to be found, and during which, a Seeker of Truth had been dispatched from Orlais to find this mage, who had killed templars and chantry priests from Antiva to Ferelden.

To Mira's fortune, she tracked down the mage just before a Seeker did, and managed to fight and kill the mage all before the Seeker arrived. When she did arrive, the Seeker was impressed, but didn't show it. For a few more months Mira basked in the glow of success in Redcliffe before suddenly being transfered to the Ferelden Circle of Magi for only a short year, before she was summoned to the Grand Cathedral in Val Royeaux. One year later, she was a Seeker herself.

Primarch

Looks good, post it up.

With that I reckon we got enough to start, but I haven't slept (its now 5:26 in the morning in my parts) and I got a taxi coming in about an hour to bring me to a bus station for a very long bus ride followed by a flight over twice as long. I'll have internet is my destination but I hope you understand if it takes a bit to set up the thread.

Those of you not yet with approved characters can take the time to get'em in order before we begin!

PearlRuby

Yaaaay a templar! just what we needed  ;D

Alliance

Going to be some interesting interaction between the Apostate and the Templar I'm sure of that.

Edit:

Primarch, I finished Blood Sacrifice reedit to its original form. Am I finally accepted?

Primarch

Apologies for a very long delay! I was in America for 8 days and thought I'd have more internet access then I did. However, if people are still interested then we can start at once!

bubby

*POUNCES!* YAY! I'm still here, if that matters...lol. I'll get in touch of Hanged and see if he's still in, since he NEEDS to be here to hold my hand for this game anyway!

Question Mark

Still willing to get this on!  Maybe your long absence is a good thing; less interested people may have moved on.   :)

(And ya, as someone who's frequently moved/travelled, American internet SUCKS).

Machete

As much as I'd like to take part in this game, my muse is refusing to allow me to come up with, even, the most basic personality and bio for Calypso.  Thus, I'll have to withdraw from, at least, the starting party.

Scribbles

AA and OO

Primarch

Well alright then, we can start!

And yes Alliance, I believe the character is fine.

TheHangedOne

THM reporting in, sir! Willing and able.  :D
Check out my poet tree!

Destiny Ascension

Primarch

Scribbles

Sorry for the delay in posting, my time was abruptly sntached from me. I'll try have one up by tomorrow morning.
AA and OO

Primarch

Delightful!
~Think I'll do a post myself now. <.< I'll try again in the morning.

Primarch

I have just been informed Bubby has stepped out of the game.

TheHangedOne

So, since bubby left, I decided to delete both of my previous posts, and reuse most of the first one, with some additions to place him near the Templar and mages...I hope that's alright.
Check out my poet tree!

Question Mark

I was going to post now, but I don't feel that I'm writing my best.  I'll post tomorrow.  A night's sleep should help things along.  :)