Magic The Gathering RP (Any for Any)

Started by deadmanshand, July 15, 2015, 03:59:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadmanshand

The Multiverse - endless planes like sand on a beach. Moved by the tide and winds of universal laws. Shifted by the magics of planeswalkers. Bursting into life and suffering their final days. Every world unique. Each with it's own stories, it's own inhabitants, and it's own monsters. Each separated from each other by the gulfs of the Blind Infinities.

But you can reach across them. You are a planeswalker. You were one of the innumerable sentient peoples of the Multiverse but inside you lurked the Spark. In a moment of stress it ignited and handed you the key to great power. Destined now to have your name spoken in reverent tones or terrified whispers. Reborn now in a universe of ancient magics, arcane artifacts, monsters, and gods.

I have played MtG for 20 years and I love the card game but I'm a fluff man at heart. And the universe behind Magic? Pretty fucking interesting. Endless possibilities on where to come from, who to be, where to go, what to do... The only thing it doesn't do is science fiction and I'm okay with that. Sci-fi isn't my thing most days anyway.

So basically what I want to do is craft the tale of two planeswalkers. Your character and mine. Everything about the story is up for discussion besides that basic premise. Race, gender, pairings, planes, goals, story arc... everything. I just want a story set in this universe using these ideas. I have no real preferences on what you play or what I play but I will show some inspirational images and list things I really would like to play with from the lore. Just remember that none of these lists are complete. If you have an idea or a question feel free to ask. The same goes for my O/O's and Roleplay Preferences. Also if you aren't super familiar with the world but like the core concepts that's cool. I have more than enough knowledge (and wiki links!) for the both of us.

Lore:
- Phyrexians. I love the idea of a creeping plague that mixes man and machine from a world of metal jungles where oils rains. They have a great mixture of hidden subtle enemy until the time for subtlety has passed and then they become a war machine.
- Eldrazi. Monstrous world eating Lovecraftian monstrosities. 'Nuff said.
- Dementia Casters. Summoning up the very substance of your fears wearing the faces and forms of everything you have ever killed? That's badass. Lots of good story potential there.
- Necromancy/Sangromancy/Hexmage. Just fullbore dark magic. Raising the dead, ripping the blood from your opponent's veins, and cursing them into a hellish half life.
- Pyromancy/Embermages. I really like fire. It should probably be listed in my O/O's.
- Vampires. MtG vampires have awesome fluff and lore. Much more vicious than what you see in other works these days.
- Angels. MtG angels are likewise equally badass.

Inspirational Images (and Ideas Apparently):

She makes me think of a Bonnie and Clyde-esque relationship between two great villains. Two masters of the dark arts pitting their skills against the universe with only each other to rely on. Love and lust... violence and adventure... forbidden pacts and black magics ...artifacts of bygone ages and dark gods.

More of a Nordic/Celtic character base. The Bear (who is the one I'd like to play here) could be an old fashioned mythic bersark who can take the form of a bear even before the Spark ignited him. I really like the idea of the two of them raiding across the planes. Pulling a planar viking thing. Or maybe going with the Celtic feel and protecting their people from the return of the Fomori.

Okay... these two are basically cheating as they are existing MtG characters in Liliana Vess and Chandra Nalaar but it's a fan ship that I heartily support. Not that I would want to play them necessarily. It's mostly for inspiration and honestly the idea of playing two female planeswalkers is interesting to me having never really written a lesbian relationship before. Started a few but the games ended too quickly to really experience it.

I did mention a love of fire and pyromancers, right?

deadmanshand

More Images (and Ideas!):

Who doesn't want to play with a sexy vampire woman in any setting?

Gorgeous and powerful. The very epitome of a powerful sorceress.

This brings to mind a biologist traveling the planes and cataloging the creatures she finds there.

Dangerous, sexy, and draped in the black arts. What more could you ask for?

Just badass.

That's a vampire. Dangerous, violent, and almost tribal.

deadmanshand

More inspiration!

Great water dwelling beasts conjured by magic or desperately fought by the same is imagery I really love for this kind of story.

Beautiful. Artwork like this is why the angels of MtG spark the imagination.

Emrakul consuming a city is more imagery that gets my story juices flowing.

deadmanshand

Epic magic? A ritual that splits the clouds? This is the kind of thing I like.

Tibalt, the Fiend Blooded. He has a terrible story but I love the look.

Is that a necromantically powered flamethrower? How many ways can I say I love this? How many pairs of shorts will I go through thinking about it?

Strange, new worlds.

Gorgeous warrior women are a weakness of mine.

An animalman with a funky flamethrower? I'm sold.

deadmanshand

More pyromancers! And I will keep posting them until I get to play them!

I warned you!

Vercile

If I had more idea on the lore I'd so jump all over this... I love MTG!!

deadmanshand

Sexy, evil, and badass? Count me in!

Now that's a vampire I can respect. Decadent and skilled and without a fuck to give.

Ravinca is fucking gorgeous.