Forbidden Fantasy (lit. F for lit. M character)

Started by Malrunar, March 10, 2015, 01:02:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malrunar

So, I've had this idea for a little while now, and I'm finally acting upon it. There are plot holes and the story is vague, but if you like piecing these things together as much as I do then it really shouldn't be a problem. So here is my foundation. :-

Our story takes place in a mild-high level fantasy world, where magic exists as do strange and dangerous monsters which plague villages and keep most people indoors at night. I would like to play the role of royalty: the princess who is heiress to the throne. She has been chased out from the castle by her cousin, a cruel and manipulative man. (He could claim she was the one who killed her father, perhaps by poison, or was nearly killed herself so that he might claim the crown for his own.) With a small group of trusted followers, they ride south for sanctuary in her uncle's lands.

Only they don't make it that far. The roads are dangerous and they were I'll prepared for the trek. An attack on the camp on night leaves the princess alone and without guard or aid. This is where you come in.

Elf? Drow? He comes to the rescue even if it was unintentional, surprised to find anyone out in the wilderness at the late hour, let alone a human female. Reluctant partnership is formed: he agrees to act as a guide so that she might reach her destination but it becomes far more complicated than he expected. While she's skilled with daggers and bow, the assassins, politics and sexual tension is becoming a little overwhelming for the both of them.

The story could go a number of ways:

- Political intrigue. Elvish/Human relations could be strained. Your character could be unaware that mine is royalty until a crucial time, twisting their modest trust. Elvish politicians could encourage your character to kill mine, but finds that he has no desire to.

- Mutual Enemies. Perhaps the cousin had been at fault for the deaths of your character's people, or a significant person, which was blamed on the princess' family. Or he may somehow be in cahoots with another dark force that is pulling the strings in the background.

-Arranged marriage. A good way to tie their people together,  could be a quick solution that neither wanted yet grow to enjoy.  (I'm a total sap.)

If interested please send a PM my way!

Malrunar