legend of the five rings [interest check]

Started by BigBuckBob, February 27, 2012, 02:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

I wanted to go with something simple, and melee characters are usually the easiest to make. If I go Dragon, my character isn't just focused on duels but fighting close combat in general. Plus the small amount of social stuff.

Crane would be a bit less of general combat (no defense skill) but a bit more of social. And I was planning on taking Sacred Weapon.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

HairyHeretic

If you don't mind a random comment dropped in, having a shukenja in the party really helps. If you've not played before, combat in L5R is pretty lethal, and having someone who can instantly heal is REALLY useful :)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

BigBuckBob

Based on my experience, there will be swordplay, character death, strange creatures, non-consent and bondage.
[If anyone has a problem with seeing this happen, make it known. If it is merely a personal preference, can watch it but don't want it happening to you, pm me.]

As such I think I'll be posting the game threads in Extreme.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.

ShadowFox89

That's alright with me.

What about two characters being betrothed to one another, with neither happy with the arrangement?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

BigBuckBob

Make sure you both take bitter betrothal.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

ShadowFox89

Alright. I would have thought having two players take Bitter Betrothal be a bit of loophole abuse with disadvantages ^^'

If Pumpkin goes with an investigator or Shugenja, then I can go back to my original idea.... Which means back to the drawing board for the character sheet >.<'
Call me Shadow
My A/A

BigBuckBob

Don't worry, taking disadvantages is never a good thing.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

AllieCat

*grins at Pumpkin*

Although my scorpion might be sad.. she loses a Crane who she can get to defend her, and in return gets a Crab whose first, second, and third reaction will be to smack her upside the head with a tetsubo should she get all Scorpiony :D :D

ShadowFox89

Nah, you won't lose a Crane Allie. If Pumpkin doesn't go Kakita, I would be. The Dragon was my backup idea. :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

AllieCat

Oh goodie. Cranes are the most fun to torment, I mean work with :D

(just um.. keep the Kuni from smacking me ok? *hides behind Crane*)

ShadowFox89

As long as no mention is made about her eye :P

I plan on taking evil eye for her. Her left eye is going to be green while her right is gray-blue.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

BigBuckBob

Alright, I am instituting 'attention check'. If you are playing, I need a character sheet in my 'hand' [pm], within three days.

There will be time to alter, I'm just making sure we can get things done in a quick and orderly fashion.

Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

ShadowFox89

Does that include fluff? Background, description, etc.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

BigBuckBob

Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

LightNight

Will see about puting the finel finishs on my char sheet, wanted to ask if I could make my char War Fan a INHERITANCE to use with one of my chars non-combat skills?

As for the Crab hitting the Scorpion dont think that be happening as he more use her then hit her, Scorpion are not the only ones that are skilled in the courts. ;)
Enjoy the Fantasy just don't live your fantasy.

BigBuckBob

Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

ShadowFox89

Here's the second option for my character, being from the Kakita Family-Crane Clan instead of Mirumoto Family-Dragon Clan. Which one I use depends on what Pumpkin's final pick is, I don't want to step on any toes.

Character Name: Kakita Yamagi
Twenty Questions

• Yamagi belongs to the Crane Clan. She holds true to the philosophies of the Crane
  • She is a member of the Kakita family, one of the youngest daughters of her parents.
  • Yamagi follows the path of the Bushi, a warrior. She is fairly skilled with a blade, and posses some talent with the bow.

Character Sheet

Name: Kakita Yamagi
Clan: Crane
School: Kakita Bushi
Insight: 1 (135)
Honor: 6.5
Glory: 1.0

Armor TN: 25
Initiative: 4k3

Fire: 3
   Agility: 3
   Intelligence: 3 (12pt)
Air: 3
   Reflexes: 3
   Awareness: 3 (12pt)
Water: 2
   Strength: 2
   Perception: 2
Earth: 2
   Stamina: 2
   Willpower: 2
Void: 2

Techniques, Tattoos, Spells and Kiho:
Kakita Bushi School: Rank 1- The Way of the Crane: The study of the sword demonstrates many ways in which the art of Kakita's technique can be applied. You add twice your Iajutsu Skill Rank to all Initiative rolls. You gain a bonus of +1k1 plus your School Rank to the total of all attack and focus rolls while in the Center Stance. This bonus applies during the combat round following the one in which you assumed the Center Stance.

Equipment: Sturdy Clothing, 10 koku, travelling pack
Light Armor: +5 TH; Reduction: 3; +5TN to Athletics and Stealth
Katana - Attack: 5k3 ;Damage: 5k2
Wakizashi - Attack: 5k3 ;Damage: 4k2; Range 20'
Kakita Blade - Attack: 5k3 ;Damage: 6k2; May Reroll Damage 1/per Iajutsu Duel
Yumi - Attack: 5k3 ;Damage: 5k2; Range: 250'

Skills:
Skill (Emphasis) X - XkX
Etiquette: 2 (2pt) - 5k3
Iajutsu (Focus): 3 (5pt) - 6k3
Kenjutsu: 2 (2pt) - 5k3
Kyujutsu: 2 (2pt) - 5k3
Sincerity: 2 (2pt) - 5k3
Tea Ceremony: 1 - 3k2
Courtier: 2 (2pt) - 5k3
Lore: Bushido: 2 (3pt) - 5k3

Advantages: Benten's Blessing (3pt), Sacred Weapon (Kakita Blade, 5pt)
Disadvantages: Cursed by the Realm (Sakkaku 4pt), Idealistic (2pt), Compulsion (bath whenever possible, 2pt), Bitter Betrothal (2pt)

Background:

Personality:

Appearance:

Important NPC:
Call me Shadow
My A/A

BigBuckBob

She is working on the shugenja.  develop your kakita.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

ShadowFox89

Alright, working on the 20 questions right now.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Pumpkin Seeds

I will be working on my shugenja investigator.

ShadowFox89

The mechanical part to Yamagi should be finished. I will work on the background/personality/description now. I know I've got 11pts worth of disadvantages, but I only included 10pts in calculations.

Let me know if I messed anything up on the mechanical part. And I'm not sure exactly what the drawbacks of Evil Eye would be >.>
Call me Shadow
My A/A

BigBuckBob

Finally got my books out of my car, just in time to respond to that question.

The evil eye is a sign of  bad fortune. The master craftsman of your clan would not entrust a sacred weapon to someone with such a mark.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

ShadowFox89

Alright. I'll drop the Evil Eye for something else then. Maybe Brash.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

BigBuckBob

Muse- Defend idealistic against the other two disadvantages.
I will be allowing it, just want to know your thought process.

=====

I think everything else is all good.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

ShadowFox89

So, question- How do I set up the E dicebot to roll for L5R?
Call me Shadow
My A/A