DND 5E Adventurers Wanted (Party Assembled!)

Started by PhantomPistoleer, February 19, 2024, 09:59:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomPistoleer

THE TYRANNY OF DRAGONS

Tyranny of Dragons is a series of adventures set in the Forgotten Realms in and around a frontier town called Phlan.  The adventure synopsis states:
QuoteThe Cult of the Dragon has come to Phlan, a lawless refuge on the Moonsea. Now, with no significant authority to stop the cult, other power groups in the Realms – the Harpers, Order of the Gauntlet, Lords' Alliance, and even the Zhentarim – must unite to stop the cult from fulfilling its dark purpose in the city. Join the fight by participating in any one of five different missions aimed at stopping the cult.

CHARACTER SUBMISSION
An extensive character sheet or history is not required.  I would be happy with an image, name, race, class, brief history, and the character's ons and offs.  This submission can come in any form.
CHARACTER CREATION RULES.
Respec:  PCs may be completely rebuilt between adventures.
Abilities: 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8, or 27-point buy.  Alternatively, the DM may roll a set (4d6, drop the lowest)
Level:  2nd
Feat:  Characters may start with an additional extra feat.
Starting Gold: Starting equipment plus one item from the following:
• +1 weapon
• +1 shield
• +1 rod of the pact keeper
• +1 wand of the war mage
• +1 all-purpose tool (TCE)
• +1 amulet of the devout (TCE)
• +1 arcane grimoire (TCE)
• +1 bloodwell vial (TCE)
• +1 moon sickle (TCE)
• +1 rhythm-maker’s drum (TCE)
• Bag of holding
Duplicate items may be sold for half-price.

Factions:  Players may choose to belong to one of the following factions: The Harpers, The Order of the Gauntlet, The Lords Alliance, The Emerald Conclave, and the Zhentarim.  Players will start with one renown point for said faction.
Faction Benefits:
The following benefits apply to all factions. Refer to each faction for specific rewards. All rewards are subject to the approval of the Dungeon Master and are sometimes unavailable.
RANK 1: Initiate (0 Renown)
This is the rank a character receives when first joining a faction. It is available any time the character wishes to join. For the five major factions, it is also available on character creation.
• Participate in Faction Activities. You can participate in any activities that are considered specific to your faction.
• Earn Renown. You can earn renown points in your faction and advance in rank.
• Receive Your Faction’s Insignia. All new faction members receive an insignia of their faction, fashioned into a wearable or held item. Refer to each faction for a description of its insignia.
RANK 2: Agent (3 Renown)
Agents have shown that they are aligned with the faction's goals, and can take on more responsibility.
• Sanctioned Missions. During certain adventures, you may be given the opportunity to undergo a sanctioned mission on behalf of your faction. Some of these missions are considered secret and must be completed with discretion. Completion of these missions might earn you additional benefits or enable you to advance to higher ranks within your faction.
• Apprenticeship to an Adventurer Mentor. Your character can serve as an apprentice to a higher-ranking adventurer from within your faction. The adventurer serving as mentor must be another player and not a character controlled by the Dungeon Master.
• Faction Training. Your character can take advantage of accelerated training programs for tool kits most often used by your faction. This training comes at a lesser cost than usual tool training, taking half as long (125 downtime days), but you must pay an additional 125 gp as a training expense for each proficiency. Refer to each faction for details on which tool kits are available for training.
RANK 3: Stalwart (10 Renown)
You must be at least 5th level and have completed at least 1 sanctioned mission to advance to Rank 3.
• Stalwarts are reliable faction members, entrusted with many secrets, and deserving of additional support during adventures.
• Faction Downtime Activity. You gain access to a faction-specific downtime activity that gives you additional benefits when you use it. If you wish to know if your faction has any specific downtime activities for the current campaign, ask your Dungeon Master.
• Item Procurement. With an expenditure of resources, you can acquire a magic item from your faction. To procure the item, you must go on minor adventures for your faction (represented by downtime days), perform bribes, charitable acts, and provide provisions (represented by the expenditure of gold) in service of your faction. A character may attempt to purchase any number of items so long as they pay the associated downtime day and gold costs for each item. Refer to each faction for a list of procurable items.
RarityDowntimeGold
Uncommon50 days500 gp
Rare100 days5,000 gp

RANK 4: Mentor (25 Renown)
You must be at least 11th level and have completed at least 3 sanctioned missions to advance to Rank 4.
•  Mentors are trusted voices within their given faction. They are looked upon as champions of the faction’s beliefs, and as mentors by those of lower rank.
•  Become a Mentor. You can designate Agents or Stalwarts as your charge. The adventurer serving as apprentice can be another player, or you can attempt to requisition a faction-specific NPC. Refer to each each for details on NPC followers that can be requisitioned.

RANK 5: Exemplar (50 Renown)
•  You must be at least 17th level and have completed at least 10 sanctioned missions to advance to Rank 5.
•  Exemplars are deeply ensconced within the leadership of their faction and have a great degree of influence, guiding faction decisions.
•  Become a Faction Exemplar. When you play this character along with other members of your faction, you can choose one lower ranked member of your faction (Agent, at a minimum) to begin the game session with Inspiration. This must be used by the end of the game session, or it is lost.

Rewards:
As you complete adventures, you will earn money, magic items, renown points (see above), and downtime days.  You may use downtime days to craft, practice a profession, recuperate, research, and train.

EXPECTATIONS.
Characters should be relatively new adventurers.  The adventuring cap is set at 5.  I would prefer for characters to get along.  PvP is highly discouraged.  In my mind, I like to see adventurers who, because of their confrontations with death, live life to the fullest.  That means that they openly indulge in a variety of vices.  The ambit of the game isn't to be a smut-fest, but I do find promiscuous characters to be more interesting and engaging.

HOUSE RULES.
I am open to suggestions for house rules, so long as they don't require me to learn a new system.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Rainwood

Me please! I've always wanted to try a D&D game in a play-by-post format. I'll work on a character tonight, although with your permission I might wait to see what other players serve up so I that I fill any outstanding niches. O:) Is it OK to use D&D Beyond for the Character Sheet?

Pumpkin Seeds

I may finally get to try my Orc war priest!  Let me figure out D&D Beyond stuff!

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Rainwood on February 19, 2024, 10:31:57 AMMe please! I've always wanted to try a D&D game in a play-by-post format. I'll work on a character tonight, although with your permission I might wait to see what other players serve up so I that I fill any outstanding niches. O:) Is it OK to use D&D Beyond for the Character Sheet?
I appreciate your enthusiastic interest.

You may wait to see what other players do, but you certainly do not need my permission.

You may use DND Beyond if you wish.  I may create a campaign on Beyond and have the players join, if that's the way people want to go with it.

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on February 19, 2024, 10:35:27 AMI may finally get to try my Orc war priest!  Let me figure out D&D Beyond stuff!

I... have come to really like DND Beyond.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Rainwood

I have so many D&D characters I never had a chance to play. I think I'm leaning to someone allied with the Harpers, and the first three characters that spring to mind are:

- Leonin Barbarian
- Eladrin Bard
- Human Monk/Fighter

--

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Rainwood on February 19, 2024, 10:59:18 AMI have so many D&D characters I never had a chance to play. I think I'm leaning to someone allied with the Harpers, and the first three characters that spring to mind are:

- Leonin Barbarian
- Eladrin Bard
- Human Monk/Fighter

--
These are all interesting characters visually.  I really like the monk/fighter.  I like his swagger.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Hexed

fighting against dragons and their cults? Interesting.

Any restrictions on Paizo races and classes? On faceclaim types you want?

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Hexed on February 19, 2024, 04:57:12 PMfighting against dragons and their cults? Interesting.

Any restrictions on Paizo races and classes? On faceclaim types you want? 

Lots of cults, really.

I am okay with third-party material that's accessible on DNDBeyond.

I would prefer western fantasy art.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Rainwood

Race: Elf (Eladrin, usually Autumn)

Class: Fighter

Faction Affiliation: Harpers

Sexuality: Heterosexual with incidental homosexual interest (ie, a 1 score on the Kinsey scale)

Background: Faction Agent (Harpers)

In his home village in the Feywild, Galinemin was a well-liked writer and historian. He had his eyes set on a beautiful young maiden named Risala. The only problem was that while Gali associated most closely with the season of autumn, with it's celebration of plenty and excess, Risala was a natural winter, morose and somber. This made it exceptionally difficult for Gali to understand how to make her laugh or smile.

One of his friends suggested that to master winter himself, Galinemin ought to travel to Faerun and spend some time travelling the frigid north, and documenting the unhappy, tumultuous histories of the people who live there. And so he did, starting in the Dalelands which appealed to him at first on an aesthetic level. When he arrived in Shadowdale, he made contact with the Harpers and established an instant affinity with their penchant for recording histories. Over several years he performed numerous errands and tasks for them in return for martial training and access to their historical records, eventually gaining full membership.

It's now been twelve years since Galinemin left the Feywild. He hasn't forgotten about Risala. He's just having far too much fun in Faerun, and besides, he's still yet to master the spirit of 'winter' before he can go back. To this end, his latest venture has taken him to the North Moonsea region. After it, it has a region whose name literally translates to "Land in Pain", so if he can't learn to embrace sadness and misery there, where else will he do it?"

Skills and aptitudes:
- Melee combat using a morningstar and whip
- Ranged attacks with shortbow
- Inherent Fey Step casting and the ability to charm people with it
- Good knowledge of history
- Keeps equipment useful for setting traps (caltrops, hunting trap, manacles, etc)

Quirks and Flaws:
- Has a habit of dropping excess coin on creature comforts. Especially oud oil, which he uses as a perfume and has a bit of an obsession with smelling nice.
- Has a pack mule named Galdo, whom he also makes sure smells as pleasant as possible all the time with frequent washings and annointing with aromatic oils

Ons:
- Has acquired a real thing for large breasts, which aren't so common in his native feywild
- Takes great delight in making the ladies squeal with pleasure, often by giving oral
- He loves flash-in-the-pan romance, where two people fall impossibly deep in love...for one night, with no particular obligation for it to continue beyond the following morning.

Offs:
- Has a mild aversion to bare feet
- While he has once or twice participated in sex with another male, he's only able to enjoy it in the passive role, and can't bring himself to enjoy actually putting it into another guy
- He has a bit of a complex whereby he can't perform sexually if he doesn't feel like he smells nice (ie, sweaty, dirty, etc)[/url]

Pumpkin Seeds

I need to dig around and figure out a diety I think. Sorry balancing a busy schedule tonight but also trying to figure things out. I went ahead and used the point buy system for her though. I think it ended up being pretty similar to the rolls there. I was really tempted to just get you to roll for me though, cause that might be a bit of fun chaos.

Anyway, any suggestions for a diety on a war priest? There was one that I was looking at from a South American tradition but don't think D&D has anything similar. They were like women that involved themselves in fighting but then also prostitution because well...troops have needs...: P

Pumpkin Seeds

Sorry to double post but might need to steal that format Rainwood.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Rainwood on February 19, 2024, 05:17:13 PM

Race: Elf (Eladrin, usually Autumn)

Class: Fighter

Faction Affiliation: Harpers

Background: In his home village in the Feywild, Galinemin was a well-liked writer and historian. He had his eyes set on a beautiful young maiden named Risala. The only problem was that while Gali associated most closely with the season of autumn, with it's celebration of plenty and excess, Risala was a natural winter, morose and somber. This made it exceptionally difficult for Gali to understand how to make her laugh or smile.

One of his friends suggested that to master winter himself, Galinemin ought to travel to Faerun and spend some time travelling the frigid north, and documenting the unhappy, tumultuous histories of the people who live there. And so he did, starting in the Dalelands which appealed to him at first on an aesthetic level. When he arrived in Shadowdale, he made contact with the Harpers and established an instant affinity with their penchant for recording histories. Over several years he performed numerous errands and tasks for them in return for martial training and access to their historical records, eventually gaining full membership.

It's now been twelve years since Galinemin left the Feywild. He hasn't forgotten about Risala. He's just having far too much fun in Faerun, and besides, he's still yet to master the spirit of 'winter' before he can go back. To this end, his latest venture has taken him to the North Moonsea region. After it, it has a region whose name literally translates to "Land in Pain", so if he can't learn to embrace sadness and misery there, where else will he do it?

Skills and aptitudes:
- Melee combat using a morningstar and whip
- Ranged attacks with shortbow
- Inherent Fey Step casting and the ability to charm people with it
- Good knowledge of history
- Keeps equipment useful for setting traps (caltrops, hunting trap, manacles, etc)

Quirks and Flaws:
- Has a habit of dropping excess coin on creature comforts. Especially oud oil, which he uses as a perfume and has a bit of an obsession with smelling nice.
- Has a pack mule named Galdo, whom he also makes sure smells as pleasant as possible all the time with frequent washings and annointing with aromatic oils

Ons:
- Has acquired a real thing for large breasts, which aren't so common in his native feywild
- Takes great delight in making the ladies squeal with pleasure, often by giving oral
- He loves flash-in-the-pan romance, where two people fall impossibly enough...for one night, with no particular obligation for it to continue beyond the following morning.

Offs:
- Has a mild aversion to bare feet
- While he has once or twice participated in sex with another male, he's only able to enjoy it in the passive role, and can't bring himself to enjoy actually putting it into another guy
- He has a bit of a complex whereby he can't perform sexually if he doesn't feel like he smells nice (ie, sweaty, dirty, etc)
This is a really impressive character submission, RW.  I really like it.  Well done.  What is the character's background?

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on February 19, 2024, 05:23:54 PMI need to dig around and figure out a diety I think. Sorry balancing a busy schedule tonight but also trying to figure things out. I went ahead and used the point buy system for her though. I think it ended up being pretty similar to the rolls there. I was really tempted to just get you to roll for me though, cause that might be a bit of fun chaos.

Anyway, any suggestions for a diety on a war priest? There was one that I was looking at from a South American tradition but don't think D&D has anything similar. They were like women that involved themselves in fighting but then also prostitution because well...troops have needs...: P

I don't know if she's a good fit, because "a war priest/prostitute" is kind of specific, but maybe Sharess?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Pumpkin Seeds

Seems good tbh. Might be a cult or sect of that Goddess where maybe they take a more protective role or at least did and this lead into a sect of war priests.

MetaAugustus

Oh I'm down for some DND, I'll make up a sheet tonight 

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on February 19, 2024, 05:36:16 PMSeems good tbh. Might be a cult or sect of that Goddess where maybe they take a more protective role or at least did and this lead into a sect of war priests.
Well, technically, your character doesn't need to have been a war priest FOR Sharess.  Maybe she was a war priest of Tyr who, while servicing lonely soldiers on the battlefield, felt the calling of Sharess.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

pdragon

Gonna go for a monk/druid, free-love, femboy, stoner goblin. Go ahead and roll some stats for him. 

Name: Pluck Zazza
Race: Goblin
Class: Monk 1 / Druid 1
Size: 3'10, 68lbs

A young member of the Emerald Conclave. Normally his fondness for stimulating plants and pleasurable company keeps him close to home and low in ambition, leaving him to stagnate as a mere initiate of the Conclave. However due to the threat posed by the cult, even he was forced to get motivated to help the cause. While he may seem aloof and unreliable on the surface, when the time comes he is just as dedicated to protecting nature and serving Silvanus as any other druid.

Sexuality: Polyamorous

Ons: Oral of all kinds (including rimming on feminine characters), Anal (giving and receiving), group, gang-bang, rough, outdoor, light bondage, fingers in mouth, pet-play, food play (particularly using cum as/on food), cum play, large cocks, exotic/inhuman cocks, tentacles, curvy/well endowed characters, thighs, light corruption/degradation.

Offs: heavy bondage, orgasm denial, drinking his own cum, feet, blood, guro, scat
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: pdragon on February 19, 2024, 05:53:22 PMGonna go for a monk/druid, free-love, femboy, stoner goblin. Go ahead and roll some stats for him. 

Name: Pluck Zazza
Race: Goblin
Class: Monk 1 / Druid 1
Size: 3'10, 68lbs

A young member of the Emerald Conclave. Normally his fondness for stimulating plants and pleasurable company keeps him close to home and low in ambition, leaving him to stagnate as a mere initiate of the Conclave. However due to the threat posed by the cult, even he was forced to get motivated to help the cause. While he may seem aloof and unreliable on the surface, when the time comes he is just as dedicated to protecting nature and serving Silvanus as any other druid.
To be honest, I am not a fan of this character.  But, here are your rolls:  11, 12, 15, 17, 10, and  11.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Pumpkin Seeds

Might be interesting to have her start with Tyr as you said and maybe draw on that Orc heritage and how they have battle as almost a revelry and really merge pleasure and fighting she felt that drawing to Sharess. Would that work? I'm guessing the problem is taking a War Domain with a goddess of pleasure?

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on February 19, 2024, 06:10:19 PMMight be interesting to have her start with Tyr as you said and maybe draw on that Orc heritage and how they have battle as almost a revelry and really merge pleasure and fighting she felt that drawing to Sharess. Would that work? I'm guessing the problem is taking a War Domain with a goddess of pleasure?
Don't overthink it.

If someone asks your PC how you're a War Priest for Sharess, she can just say that it's a long story.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Rainwood

QuoteSorry to double post but might need to steal that format Rainwood.

Have at it, by all means! :)

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on February 19, 2024, 05:32:28 PMThis is a really impressive character submission, RW.  I really like it.  Well done.  What is the character's background?

Glad you like! I went with "Far Traveler" background. I've updated my post to reflect that.

pdragon

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on February 19, 2024, 06:01:27 PMTo be honest, I am not a fan of this character.  But, here are your rolls:  11, 12, 15, 17, 10, and  11.
Well never mind then, good luck with the game. 
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Pumpkin Seeds

D&D Beyond is being annoying on my MacBook. Let me see what I can do.

indarkestknight

Would this take place before or after the fall of the Kingdom of Many Arrows?

MetaAugustus

Name:  Aras Augustus

Race: Human

Class: Cleric

Faction Affiliation: Harpers

Background: Acolyte

History:  A young child left upon the steps of an Ilmater temple, Aras was raised all of his life in the views of the god of martyrdom and sacrifice, a child raised by those who saw his arrival as a test rather than a burden, taught in the ways of their god to give everything of themselves to lessen the burdens of others.  Learning his passed and his ancestry unknown, Aras is aware that he is quite lucky given the circumstances, many a child in his predicament either ending up dead or scrounging for scraps on the streets of Baldur's Gate.  Aras took those lessens to heart, the gift he was given transformed into a righteous mission to ease the suffering of those less fortunate, ready to give all of himself to the chance to heal someone in any capacity.  He quiet demeanor and stoic calmness have worked well in previous parties fending off the rare bandit or kobald raid, his smile and welcoming persona being a small legend among his past companions; when things looked at their worst, people sought their stoic rock in the emerald orbs of the young healer, his embrace of his fate calming and rallying the others to overcome great obstacles.

Ons:
- Feminine curves of great proportion have been noted as a strong weakness to the young priest, femininity drawing his attention from anything beyond impending doom or death
- A person who knows what they want.  Aras has not had it drilled into him to go after his own desires, only to shoulder the desires or burdens of others.  People being disinterested in him is nothing new, and he is more than willing to live out his days without satisfying his pleasures if the die is cast that way.  He is, however, more than willing to become the dominant or submissive of someone else's desires that he feels require his assistance.

Offs:
- None that would turn him away from someone in need of 

Using 27 point buy system I have stats: 12, 12, 13, 8, 15, 13

Pumpkin Seeds

Race - Orc

Class - Cleric

Faction Affiliation -

Background -The religion of Tyr was all Kansif would know as a child. Brought to the temples by a paladin of the order, she was raised by humans as an orphan. For many years she would never know that the paladin that had saved her was also the one that had slaughtered her people. Instead she lived among the humans there, laughing and playing as any child might. She would be trained for the arts of war by these humans, learn to sings hymns to Tyr and turn the divine weapons of the forge on their enemies. She became a powerful candidate for the order, a true testament to what a warrior could be.
Still she never felt the calling as the other priests proclaimed. Her prayers felt hollow and without passion. Fighting felt more for herself, for the passion of the struggle then for some righteous cause. Not until her first campaign did she truly find her place in this world and this was at the temple of Sharess. Priestesses of Sharess came to ride with the soldiers, entertaining and pleasuring them as the war party went forward. Kansif felt the passions of these women and their Goddess, felt her soul ignite and knew that she did not need to feel shame in her struggle. So it was that when her fellow soldiers returned home, she remained with the temple of Sharess.

Character Sheet

Ons - Multiple partners (multiple partners), anal/oral/vaginal, bondage and force play, rough sex, pleasure denial, getting dirty and having sex during impromptu situations

Offs - Feces, urine, dismemberment/permanent injury