The rebirth of the Amazons (Pathfinder Kingdom Building) 5 players

Started by Soveliss, January 29, 2017, 08:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soveliss

Hello all!

Long ago existed a massive empire spanning the entire continent. The nobility in this empire made various pacts with demons and devils, and ruled with an iron fist with the help of the military on the slave underclass making the majority of the population, and it was an almost daily occurrence that some nobility suffered an "unfortunate accident" or outright unsubtle murder to be replaced by another schemer, though the heads of the empire lasted several years before getting assassinated, and nothing ever happened to the emperor. Until a particularly clever master spy working for the rebellion managed to play several factions against each other, resulting in several heads of the empire fall, and he used the chaos to personally kill the emperor. The empire fell, but for the vast majority of the population who were often tortured or executed on a whim, the fall wasn't such a negative thing after all. At worst, things stayed mostly like they always were.

There was one particular fief that was ruled by some clever wizard lord whose sin was lust. Every soldier serving under him was female, whether by birth or by a ritual he performed on them, and were expected to sate his lusts. Incubi and succubi made sure that his troops were always "in the mood" and he made sure that they always had plenty of slaves to play with. He was one of the first fatalities of the machinations of the master spy, killed by a pretty assassin send by one of his rivals who succeeded thanks to intelligence gathered by the resistance. His military commander than took reign.

Seeing that the world was slipping from their control, and fearing that the nations would unite, the hellspawn decided to divide the remnants of the empire. They cursed the bloodline of the fief ruled by the perverted wizard lord so they would only bear daughters, the logic being that they would need to raid surrounding lands to reproduce since oppressive soldiers wouldn't want to negotiate. And the plan worked, for a while. They would raid, reproduce and kill their mates, retreating to the former capital of the fief, built like a fortress.

But there was a growing faction that wanted the bloodshed to end, and they succeeded a military coup, with the inside help of the former queen's daughter. Pour sedatives in the water supply, and neutralize the remaining guards. But much remains to be done to secure their future. The revolutionary military was still very small. They were still surrounded by small nations that distrusted them. Much would need to be done to help the remaining amazons to secure their future. And they do not have that much to go on. Quality weaponry, a river bring clean water, a fortified city, a relic that no one can determine it's function, and the recently recovered location of a facility belonging to the former wizard lord, possibly hiding something tasty in it. They must secure territory, and make alliances that would allow for breeding, while the memories of their past government will still be fresh scars in the mind of the people...

Okay, rules:

Core books only (That is, it must be on the SRD).
No Leadership feat.
Start at lvl 1.
Good and neutral alignments only.
20 points buy.
Unconsciousness extended to half negative max HP or -10 HP, whichever is higher.
Instant death effects other than constitution drain now only cause a coma that requires a Heal roll or potent healing magic to cure after 24 hours of treatment.
Losing a combat likely will not result in death, though accidents still happen. The most likely outcome of losing a combat is for those who can't run away to be captured, enslaved and raped. Yes, this also applies if the captor is female. Escape will be possible on a clever plan or lucky dice rolls.
Custom magic items rule called "Legacy Items"*
Females characters only.
One character must be the queen's daughter, and will be the Ruler (so she should be from a Charisma based class). She must either be old enough to have had an adult daughter old enough to take on the role of heiress, or designate a trusted ally as her heiress in the case of her untimely demise.
She will have befriended a male character who for one reason or another ended up in her fief (deliberately left vague in case the queen's daughter's player wants to elaborate on his backstory), who will take on the role of the Consort, who is off limit to being a Player Character.
Each character must have a role as defined in Kingdom building.
Diplomacy will be handled through adventures, you will gain allies by going on adventures against things that threaten them.
Traits and Drawbacks will be used, and Relationships will be tracked with the rest of the heads of your state, as well as any ally you may pick up. Don't worry too much about relationship with your own heads of states, Kingdom milestones will automatically improve them.
Reputation and Prestige Points will be used.
You will start with a fully built capital and a fighting force, how to proceed from there is up to you, after you will recover the tasty thing from the facility which will be a great boon... Knowledge: Arcana might be useful to use it... :-)
Loot will be randomly rolled, but since I'm using alternate magic items rules, you can expect lower loot than usual. You will have decent gear and masterwork weapons and armor, but anything exotic comes from your starting cash.

*Legacy items: True magic items other than scrolls, potion, wands and ammunition are rare. In fact, a +1 weapon qualifies as an artifact in it's own right (and works in an antimagic field). Some people though can form a bond with items that have a history. A pendant passed down from generations. A sword used to slay a fearsome beast. While not inherently magical, these people can use them as if they were. You will own up to 75% of the Wealth by Level for your level (referred to as Virtual Wealth) in unspecified trinkets and baubles that will work like magic items, but only for them. Once you have specified that your ornate belt is a Belt of Giant's Strength +2, it will stay that way and it's cost will be deduced from your "virtual wealth". As far as weapon and armor are concerned, the base price won't be counted against your "Virtual Wealth", but any unusual materials will be. Normal magic item rules otherwise applies to legacy items. Magic items creation feats centered around permanent magic items will instead be "Item affinity" feats, with no skill prerequisite but keeping their level prerequisites, and will halve the cost of all magic items falling under that umbrella, even retroactively. These feats can be taken as bonus feats in place of item creation feats. Lastly, legacy items cannot be permanently destroyed or stolen: if destroyed, a ritual needing 24 hours of concentration can fix them, and you can once per day per item cast Locate Object with no range limitation and with a duration as if cast with a caster level equivalent to your character level.

Well, so... Anyone interested? :) It would be great if people who joined could post 2-3 times per week, at least, but I understand if things happen.
Winning against depression is possible, I know it, I've done it! I had help, sure, and couldn't have done it without help, but I still won!

"Work together as a team
Download douchey hats on Steam"
                                                        Brentalfloss

Starting an IC on E forums OOC on Discord experiment. If you're okay with discussing plot details and exchanging status updates on Discord while keeping RPs on Elliquiy's forums, you can ask me for my Discord ID.

CharlieSariel

I would like to express my interest.  I'd be considering a witch or oracle character, depending on which is more appropriate to the setting.

I'd prefer not to be the heiress or designate, but rather an advisor.

I would be comfortable at committing to the 2 posts per week minimum, and would try for the three as needed.

Thank you

Current Posting Rate - Approximately 1 to 2 posts per week

Soveliss

Quote from: CharlieSariel on January 30, 2017, 10:08:08 AM
I would like to express my interest.  I'd be considering a witch or oracle character, depending on which is more appropriate to the setting.

I'd prefer not to be the heiress or designate, but rather an advisor.

I would be comfortable at committing to the 2 posts per week minimum, and would try for the three as needed.

Thank you

Of course. First, well while the divine powers that be took a hell of a beating during the occupation, there are still able to empower a select people. A witch is a mix of getting a patron to empower you and studying, so both options are possible.

An oracle would lead herself to be the High Priestess, while a witch would be a good treasurer, magister (think court wizardwitch), these would be two easily filled roles in the kingdom.

And then it's great that I already have a player.
Winning against depression is possible, I know it, I've done it! I had help, sure, and couldn't have done it without help, but I still won!

"Work together as a team
                                                        Brentalfloss

Starting an IC on E forums OOC on Discord experiment. If you're okay with discussing plot details and exchanging status updates on Discord while keeping RPs on Elliquiy's forums, you can ask me for my Discord ID.

CharlieSariel

Well, I'll hold off on claiming either one until we know what other players wish to claim.  :)

If needed, I can also come up with other options, like a nice underhanded "Security Professional"  (Read: Spy/Rogue)

I hope to see more interest for you soon!  :D

Soveliss

Quote from: CharlieSariel on January 30, 2017, 10:42:51 AM
Well, I'll hold off on claiming either one until we know what other players wish to claim.  :)

If needed, I can also come up with other options, like a nice underhanded "Security Professional"  (Read: Spy/Rogue)

I hope to see more interest for you soon!  :D

Every kingdom needs a network of informants, which is why one of the roles is Spymaster. :)

"Work together as a team
                                                        Brentalfloss

Flying Tengu

This seems like a really cool idea for a game.  Sounds great!

Are you using existing rules for the kingdom building and relationship stuff, or is it rules that you've invented?

Snake

I'm up for it. I'm happy with any kingdom role though I'd prefer something like the General or along those lines.

Soveliss

Quote from: Flying Tengu on January 31, 2017, 12:37:31 PM
This seems like a really cool idea for a game.  Sounds great!

Are you using existing rules for the kingdom building and relationship stuff, or is it rules that you've invented?

I'm using the Ultimate Campaigns rules. So far we have three potential players. Flying Tengu, what kind of character would you want to play?

Same question for you Snake. We need two more players, I'll devote more of my attention to you in a few days since I just moved back to my main house after sitting my mother's dog, and I have an appointment tomorrow, in the mean time try to talk among yourselves to try to build some synergy among yourselves?

"Work together as a team
                                                        Brentalfloss

Snake

I have an Angel-Blooded Aasimar Blacksmith (Metal) Oracle already made.

As well as a Thief type (which would make fo ran ironic General or something since spymaster is taken XD)

I'm pretty flexible though and can tailor make characters to suit.  I have one in works that's a Saurian Shaman Druid Tiefling (that was raised by Raptors basically XD)  the only alterations I need to make is the point buy.

shmone else

I'm interested in this, although I don't know for what role yet. If nobody is especially interested in being the princess I'll take a shot at it though.

Quick question: you mentioned core books only, but then that it must be on the SRD. Usually when I hear people talk about 'core only' they mean only the actual Pathfinder Core Rulebook, which would exclude a lot of content - classes like Alchemist, Witch, Slayer and whatnot. Can you clarify what you meant for that?

Snake

I think "Core" means "no third party material" if they say you can use anything on the SRD.

Flying Tengu

Quote from: Soveliss on January 31, 2017, 01:26:46 PM
I'm using the Ultimate Campaigns rules. So far we have three potential players. Flying Tengu, what kind of character would you want to play?

I'm not entirely sure!  I enjoy playing paladins quite a bit.  Or possibly a sorcerer.  Taking a glance through the kingdom roles (found here), it looks like there's plenty of room for various sorts.

Snake

It'd be funny if we could work out something like my thief char is on probation under the watch of your paladin Flying Tengu :3

shmone else

Quote from: Snake on January 31, 2017, 01:39:03 PM
I think "Core" means "no third party material" if they say you can use anything on the SRD.

Aha! Okay, that makes sense.

I'm thinking about going for a Paladin for the Queen's Daughter, possibly using the archetype (Enlightened Paladin) that makes them into a pseudo-monk since that's something I've always wanted to make.

Snake

Warpriest- Sacred Fist would also do that. And would do it a little better.

Soveliss

Quote from: Snake on January 31, 2017, 01:39:03 PM

Basically what Snake said. Sorry if I formulated it the wrong way.

Looks like I've got my 5 players. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask. I may not be able to devote 100%of my abilities to it until Thursday (appointment with the Red Cross tomorrow since I plan on doing volunteer work), but I can answer questions. :)

"Work together as a team
                                                        Brentalfloss

Snake

My Bday is tomorrow so I may not be around, but I'll certainly be around the next day and with a character made up.

But out of those Three I listed Soveliss do you have any preference?

Soveliss

Quote from: Snake on January 31, 2017, 03:20:47 PM
My Bday is tomorrow so I may not be around, but I'll certainly be around the next day and with a character made up.

But out of those Three I listed Soveliss do you have any preference?

To be honest, I don't really have any favorite. As long as you don't try to subvert the spirit of the rules and play nice with the group, it's okay. Remember that there are other players that came here to have fun and as such, sometimes it may be needed to not sabotage the efforts of the group (I've been to an IRL game with one player who took advantage of the good spirit we extend to other players to completely sabotage everything we tried to do and it is not fun).

"Work together as a team
                                                        Brentalfloss

Snake

Nah I like cooperating with others ingames like this; the most sabotaging I'd do would be to help the party *laugh*

Flying Tengu

If our ruler is going to be a Paladin, perhaps I should be a Sorcerer instead?  Given the nation's demonic past, there's an obvious connection there to the sorcerous bloodlines.

Or we could have two Paladins.  Reject the old ways!

Snake

Might make for a good situation where the light is trying to shine through.

shmone else

Quote from: Snake on January 31, 2017, 02:00:05 PM
Warpriest- Sacred Fist would also do that. And would do it a little better.

It definitely does it similarly, I just like the Paladin setup a little better (plus it actually uses Charisma). I'd grab a level of Scaled Fist Unchained Monk at some point too to snag Flurry.

Quote from: Flying Tengu on January 31, 2017, 04:46:03 PM
If our ruler is going to be a Paladin, perhaps I should be a Sorcerer instead?  Given the nation's demonic past, there's an obvious connection there to the sorcerous bloodlines.

Or we could have two Paladins.  Reject the old ways!

Both could work! I'd actually managed to miss your post when I was kicking ideas around earlier. I could use an Oracle to get much the same effect if you want to go for a Paladin, but I think Snake was talking about doing that too... I'm fairly flexible, I tend to iterate a bunch of concepts when I'm working something up, so if someone wants to go ahead and claim something go for it.  :P E: Thinking about the options though, I think Paladin probably does work best. Throw down the old ways!

Chulanowa

Aha! If it's not core book only, you have my interest  ;D

I'm going to poke through kingdom roles and see what jogs my interest. I know i'm not that interested in the Heiress, so hey

CharlieSariel

Eep!  This is what happens when you make a post, and neglect to bookmark and notify.

So when I proposed my ideas, I was not trying to claim posts within the kingdom.  My first blush concept is a Witch or Oracle for the Magister/ADvisor position.
My second concept was a rogue type who would end up being the spymaster.

If someone else wants either of those roles, I'm super happy to adjust and tweak to fit in  :)

For the record, my concepts are all human so far.

Flying Tengu

So, here's what we've got so far:

shmone else - Paladin or Oracle - Ruler
CharlieSariel - Witch/Oracle or Thief - Magister/Spymaster
Snake - Oracle or Thief - General
Flying Tengu - Paladin or Sorcerer - Any
Chulanowa - Any - Any

Does that look right to everyone?