Silenty hilly

Started by Mindhazingsquid, March 11, 2008, 06:13:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mindhazingsquid

I think we do need a replacement at least.  I don't know what's happend to Fyrangel.

Khayin

If you still need a replacement, I'd be happy to volunteer :)

Silent Hill is one of my absolute favorite game series and I really couldn't forgive myself if I didn't at least try to get it on this.

At the moment, the character I have in mind is a talented artist whose work has brought him a number of potential commercial opportunities.  He's painted since he was very young, but his subject matter was always rather grim.  Since high school, he has become obsessed with touring the country and painting haunted houses, ghost towns, urban legends and any other local mysteries that he might find.  Though all his friends have accepted his morbid fascination, he has never told any of them that his obsession stems from the horrors he witnessed early in his youth.

MadPanda

I'll get my grey matter churning on the matter.

What other concepts are already lined up, please?  I'd like to make an effort to 'fit in'...  ;D
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

Mindhazingsquid

Khayin, actually, we do have a spot.
I would like to get confirmation with Fyrangel though if she's playing.  And Schnookums, if you want to join in later when you're not so busy I have an idea for you.

Fyrangel

Sorry I'm here.. I'm here....

Spookie Monster

Yikes!  Where did all of you come from? ;D

Anyway, here's the character that I had in mind:

Dave Mueller

Dave Mueller is a bright, creative, and soft-spoken young man.  He's 21 years old.  His father is an engineer and his mother, who was born and raised in Denmark, is a chemist; he has no brothers and no sisters.  When Dave was seven years ago his father presented to him a big box of pulp magazines, comics, and dime novels that he himself used to read when he was a boy.  Dave immersed himself in their pages and returned to them regularly.  He was always most interested in the imagery -- robots, flying saucers, Martians, lasers.  Indeed, he felt that the tales which the images suggested were often more vivid, more engaging, than the tales actually offered between the covers.  Quickly Dave decided that he would be an engineer like his father and that as an engineer he would design robots.  In secret he sketched his ideas.

For better or for worse, Dave Mueller wasn't born with an engineer's mind: he struggled with mathematics, physics, and computer science.  After graduating from high school he did enroll in a local college with the intent to pursue an engineering degree; when in his second semester he failed two core courses, however, his professors gently urged him to change his major.  Fortunately, several individuals noticed his artistic talent; they encouraged him to aim for a career in graphic design or advertising.  He spent another year in college studying art but dropped out when he concluded that he could just as easily hone his skills without paying tuition.

Dave Mueller lives in an apartment with two roommates.  He's single but he has silent crushes on several women.  Although he works full-time at the local Best Buy, his passions are drawing and speculative fiction and he'd like to somehow make a career out of them.  In his spare time he draws, reads, surfs the Internet, plays video games, listens to music, and watches movies.  Four times a year he publishes a minor 'zine entitled
Robots, Rockets & Rayguns; it operates at a loss, but he really enjoys publishing it and through it he's met a few kindred spirits.  Early last year he purchased a theremin in kit form on eBay; although he ended up having to pay an acquaintance to put it together, he did learn how to play it and actually demonstrates a degree of talent.  His favorite bands are Metallica, Iron Maiden, The Who, and Steppenwolf; often he wears concert t-shirts.  According to the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator he's an INFJ.  He likes animals.  He's interested in UFOs and the paranormal.  He wrote Dolores Faith a fan letter.

Dave Mueller is tall, chubby, and clean-shaven.  He has curly blond hair and wears it fairly short.  His vision isn't good and he needs glasses.

I hope that that's O.K.!  Please know that I'm open to changes if he wouldn't be suitable for some reason or another.

Oh, and Khayin, I notice that you yourself proposed playing an artist if there was room in the game.  I apologize if Dave Mueller is similar to the character that you had in mind; I mean, I've always felt that each character should have his or her own distinct identity within a group, you know?  Fortunately, it seems as though our ideas are only superficially similar...

Spel
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

Mindhazingsquid

I'm okay with it, you may both be artistic but you've both followed quite different paths, undoubtedly you also have quite different art styles.

Spookie Monster

Quote from: mindhazingsquid on April 06, 2008, 02:31:23 PMI'm okay with it, you may both be artistic but you've both followed quite different paths, undoubtedly you also have quite different art styles.

Cool.  My thoughts exactly. :)

Spel
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~