Speak of the Devil

Started by Valerian, July 16, 2007, 11:54:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valerian

So we all give in to temptation sometimes (especially online  ;)), but fortunately for the human race, most of us aren't tempted by anything truly bad.  But I'd like to try a story where someone really is tempted, just an ordinary person.  It's been done to death, I know, but I'm itching to try a story where the devil tries to snare an ordinary woman.

It's partly inspired by the movie Devil's Advocate -- not that I'm a fan of Keanu Reeves, but the movie was interesting in spite of him.  Heh.  The plot's just a starting point, and I would welcome added twists and suggestions to spice things up.  Basically, the devil is a high-powered attorney in New York (no surprise) who targets a young, up and coming lawyer, and slowly begins to dazzle and corrupt him with wealth, power, and an incestuous relationship with his gorgeous half-sister, all in the name of fulfilling an ancient prophecy.

It doesn't need to be the typical devil -- a Hindu demon, or something Lovecraftian would work, too; and all the whys and wherefores are open for discussion.  This could also maybe work as a small group game, if the devil has human allies to hide behind, for instance.  But first I'd like to know if there's anyone out there interested in corrupting me one on one...
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Stevej101

So, what roles are you looking for someone to be?  I think I could make a good devil, but I would like to have the sister rather then the brother  :)
"But I like it in the gutter, its dark and warm and I meet all sorts of interesting people."

Ons and Offs

Valerian

Oh, I don't really have any roles in particular in mind, other than myself as the corruptee and someone to play some sort of devil/demon/incubus sort.  The movie plot is just a for instance.

I guess one aspect that I would like to keep from the film, though, is the fact that the devil (Al Pacino in this case) is really quite subtle about the whole thing, working a lot through human agents and apparent coincidences, so as not to make his victim suspicious right away.  That's how the devil should be.  Heh.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Stevej101

That and from bedazzeled as well, "Sure, you want that, no problem."  que evil laughter as you find out that what you asked for is not nearly what you have hoped for.  :)
"But I like it in the gutter, its dark and warm and I meet all sorts of interesting people."

Ons and Offs

Valerian

The role of the demonic tempter is still available, if there's anyone else out there interested in exploring their more devilish side.  Come on, you know you want to...

Edit: Should be starting up shortly.   ;D
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE