[Pathfinder, Recruitment Closed] Warpath of the Righteous: WotR & Path of War

Started by indarkestknight, September 18, 2016, 08:09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

indarkestknight

So I've been bitten by the idea for a campaign where all characters, PCs & NPCs, only have access to Dreamscarred Press' Path of War classes (available for free perusal here). A world of wuxia, if you will.

Interest so far has indicated Wrath of the Righteous has the broadest appeal among prospective players, so that's what we'll be going with.  The Wrath of the Righteous Player's Guide is available for free.

Character Creation

• At least to begin, the only allowed classes are Harbinger, Mystic, Stalker, Warder, Warlord, and Zealot. Taking levels of non-martial classes is verboten (at least initially), even if the class has a martial archetype like the Fighter archetype Myrmidon.

• No custom-built races.

• Max hit points at first level. Every level after, your roll your hit die, I roll your hit die, you take the higher result. Reroll 1s until no 1s appear.

• You can either take average for starting equipment, or you can roll, then I roll, and you take the better result. Reroll 1s until no 1s appear. Once you roll, you can't choose to take the average instead.

• Ability scores will either be roll 4d6, drop the lowest 6 times (reroll 1s until no 1s appear), then I roll 4d6 and drop the lowest 6 times (reroll 1s until no 1s appear), and you can pick my set or your set, or point buy 15. Once you roll, though, you can't go back and decide to do point buy instead.

• You each get a campaign trait and 2 other traits.

• You start with 1 hero point each.

• Characters must 1) Be able to work well with the party. I'm not saying there can't be conflict or disagreements within the party, but generally speaking, you should be able to set aside your differences and reach compromises when the chips are down. 2) Be motivated to fight demons and/or close the Worldwound. If you want to play a Hellknight aspirant, I'd advise lawful neutral, but I'm not outright banning lawful evil. If you do take that route, understand you will be under close scrutiny.

Setting Notes
• Setting is largely that of Golarion.

• Magic items exist. Dragons, nagas, rakshasa, etc, still have spellcasting, even though humanoids/mortals don't. The Master Craftsman feat will be available, and note that the Mystic class may also take item creation feats.

• Generally speaking, NPCs can be expected to adhere to similar restrictions to the PCs. Some may use non-martial classes as long as they use a martial archetype, but no spellcasting classes are allowed for mortals, even for NPCs.

• Black Thorn Knights are folded into Hellknights. You won't be taking levels in the prestige class, but if you succeed in meeting the requirements for the prestige class, you may choose to join the Hellknights and receive a suit of Hellknight plate.

• Riftwardens are an organization of mystics that hoard occult rituals and knowledge in the effort to study, prevent, contain, and close planar rifts and breaches.

Original Interest check post
So I've been bitten by the idea for a campaign where all characters, PCs & NPCs, only have access to Dreamscarred Press' Path of War classes (available for free perusal here). A world of wuxia, if you will.

Would anyone be interested in trying a published Pathfinder Adventure Path in this vein? If so, which Adventure Paths would you be most interested in experimenting with? Some, like Iron Gods, for instance, aren't very suitable, but looking them over I'd say Giantslayer, Kingmaker, and maybe even Jade Regent all have potential – and if I didn't mention an Adventure Path you were hoping to see, pipe up! I'd hate to exclude a contender I'd overlooked.

Questions? Concerns? Interest?

Notes
• Magic items exist. Dragons, nagas, rakshasa, etc, still have spellcasting, even though humanoids/mortals don't. The Master Craftsman feat will be available, and note that the Mystic class may also take item creation feats.
• At least to begin, the only allowed classes would be Harbinger, Mystic, Stalker, Warder, Warlord, and Zealot. Characters taking levels of non-martial classes would be verboten (at least initially) even if the class has a martial archetype like the Fighter archetype Myrmidon.

Latooni Subota

Oooh! Wuxia-flavored Jade Regent would be just SO apropos. Kingmaker could be cool too . . . color me interested!
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Chulanowa

Quote from: Latooni Subota on September 18, 2016, 12:53:10 PM
Oooh! Wuxia-flavored Jade Regent would be just SO apropos. Kingmaker could be cool too . . . color me interested!

Well... Jade Regent kinda falsely advertises itself, since you spend more time clobbering swamp goblins and partying with vikings than you spend actually doing anything in "Not-Asia" - by the time you get there you're high enough level that you're wuxia anyway. It also focuses real heavy on the whole interpersonal and political aspects of roleplaying. Kingmaker is kind of the same way

nah, for cinematic combat, the adventure paths you want are...

1. Wrath of the Righteous. You become mythic early on and beat the crap out of world-ending demons and the cultists who love them.
2. Skull and Shackles is, of course, excellent for swashbuckling (anti)heroic adventure. Swinging through the ropes, a scimitar in one hand a flaming bottle of rum in the other. What ho!
3. Mummy's Mask starts a little slow, but it's got all that pulp adventure feel to it, and builds up very nicely. It's also got a good amount of dungeon exploration, so you can get down to your gaming roots.
4. Iron Gods isn't to everyone's taste, but you can definitely go over-the-top with it. you've got your barbarians with ludicrous swords, chainsaw cyborgs, horrors from beyond, and the occasional taste of space opera.
5. Hell's Rebels and Hell's Vengeance both offer fairly gritty urban-oriented "two-fisted tales" style of getting things done. One is for good characters, the other is for evil characters.

But you know what? You mentioned Giantslayer. I've been slobbering to myself for a giantslayer game. It runs right behind Iron Gods as my favorite Adventure Path, and I've never seen anyone run it on E.

Latooni Subota

True enough, but I like the idea of the descendants of Minkai refugees in Sandpoint just going full kung-fu on undead and vikings and stuff.

I forgot about Wrath of the Righteous, which is pretty damn neat. Super duper not a fan of Iron Gods and Hells Rebels/Vengeance though.

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

MrBubbles

Quote from: Chulanowa on September 18, 2016, 01:59:52 PM
Well... Jade Regent kinda falsely advertises itself, since you spend more time clobbering swamp goblins and partying with vikings than you spend actually doing anything in "Not-Asia" - by the time you get there you're high enough level that you're wuxia anyway. It also focuses real heavy on the whole interpersonal and political aspects of roleplaying. Kingmaker is kind of the same way

nah, for cinematic combat, the adventure paths you want are...

1. Wrath of the Righteous. You become mythic early on and beat the crap out of world-ending demons and the cultists who love them.
2. Skull and Shackles is, of course, excellent for swashbuckling (anti)heroic adventure. Swinging through the ropes, a scimitar in one hand a flaming bottle of rum in the other. What ho!
3. Mummy's Mask starts a little slow, but it's got all that pulp adventure feel to it, and builds up very nicely. It's also got a good amount of dungeon exploration, so you can get down to your gaming roots.
4. Iron Gods isn't to everyone's taste, but you can definitely go over-the-top with it. you've got your barbarians with ludicrous swords, chainsaw cyborgs, horrors from beyond, and the occasional taste of space opera.
5. Hell's Rebels and Hell's Vengeance both offer fairly gritty urban-oriented "two-fisted tales" style of getting things done. One is for good characters, the other is for evil characters.

But you know what? You mentioned Giantslayer. I've been slobbering to myself for a giantslayer game. It runs right behind Iron Gods as my favorite Adventure Path, and I've never seen anyone run it on E.

Wrath of the Righteous is perfect for a Path of War-only campaign, the late-game abilities of some disciplines (such as Silver Crane and Elemental Flux) can easily be construed as mythic power, while most of the campaign has a heavy martial focus with magic usually being the realm of magical creatures more than sorcerers and wizards. Combine that with the campaign's focus on the party being the spearhead of a Crusade (and burgeoning heroes worthy of legend and song) and you get an Adventure Path that's perfect for what indarkestknight seems to be going for!

indarkestknight

Just throwing this out there, but emphasis on interpersonal relationships and political roleplaying aren't detractors in my book.

That said, if all three of you are interested, then Wrath of the Righteous definitely seems like the crowd favorite so far...

Chulanowa

Quote from: indarkestknight on September 18, 2016, 03:19:03 PM
Just throwing this out there, but emphasis on interpersonal relationships and political roleplaying aren't detractors in my book.

That said, if all three of you are interested, then Wrath of the Righteous definitely seems like the crowd favorite so far...

I still hold GIantslayer to be my #1 option here  ;D

Revelation

Very, very interested! Never played one of the aps, but that just means I don't have anything spoiled for me. So I'm open to any.I can go with wrath of the righteous.

Latooni Subota

Jade Regent, Kingmaker, and Wrath of the Righteous would be the ones I'm most interested in, I suppose.

Revelation

Overall my own preference for adventure paths would be one with a good deal of RP/character & NPC interaction and decent combat. If it focuses on too much of one or the other, interest can sometimes be hard to keep going in my experience. Just my thoughts, though. So if any adventures do those well, I am game for them.

Guancyto

This looks interesting! I only have approximate knowledge of these adventure paths, but Wrath of the Righteous or Kingmaker (maybe Jade Regent if the heir to the throne isn't an NPC? I sort of have an aversion to making a single NPC, even a good one, too central to the plot) sound like the best choices.

MrBubbles

Yo, so what sort of character creation rules are you thinking of?

indarkestknight

Gonna give it until, say, tomorrow morning in case there's a last-minute tide swaying the vote in another direction, but generally speaking...

• Class options are limited as outlined above.

• No custom-built races.

• Max hit points at first level. Every level after, your roll your hit die, I roll your hit die, you take the higher result.

• You can either take average for starting equipment, or you can roll, I can roll, and you take the better. Once you roll, you can't choose to take the average instead.

• Ability scores will either be roll 4d6, drop the lowest 6 times, then I roll 4d6 and drop the lowest 6 times, and you can pick my set or your set, or point buy 15. Once you roll, though, you can't go back and decide to do point buy instead.

EDIT: Reroll ones for ability scores, hit points, and equipment.

Questions? Comments? Concerns?

Latooni Subota

Sounds plenty fair. I like the double-chance of getting 4d6 drop 1. That's pretty nice. Definately what I'm gonna do for my application :3

Revelation

Yeah, i'll definitely take 4d6 over 15 point buy - that's a pretty big difference.

ShadowFox89

Eh, I'll throw my hat into here... what to make....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Latooni Subota

For future reference: Working on a Stalker concept atm

Chulanowa

Latooni Subota

At 2016-09-18 23:28:18, Latooni Subota (uid: 13273) rolls: 24d6 Result: 89
18 15 13 12 11 11 Preeeettty decent stuff. GM roll would have to be a heck of a good one to be more useful than that I think.
Edit: Rerolls At 2016-09-19 19:26:35, Latooni Subota (uid: 13273) rolls: 4d6 Result: 19

Good lord, that bumps my stats up to 18 17 16 14 13 12. I'm gonna be the dodgiest!

Revelation

17, 15, 13, 5 (yes 5), 15, 8. I would ask if I could reroll the five (I rolled 15 if I could), since well - an 8 is okay. A 5 I feel is significantly worse. Failing that, i'll see what the DM reroll is.

ShadowFox89

15, 12, 9, 9, 8, 7. I'll trade with any of you.

Maybe reroll 1's next time?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

indarkestknight

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on September 19, 2016, 12:30:48 AMMaybe reroll 1's next time?

You know what? I like that. As long as I can check your rolls, we'll go with that.

Revelation

With 1's rerolled, my stats add up to...

17, 15, 15, 9, 15, 12. I can live with that - i'll just put my +2 stat into the 9 more than likely.  I can show my rolled and their rerolls - they're on the site/dicebot here, but I am just adding them up cumulatively.

indarkestknight

Revelation

Yeah, that reroll is much better. I'll take yours.

Guancyto

ShadowFox89

Much much better. I was thinking a mystic, leaning towards tiefling fire mystic who can trace her heritage back to an oni lord.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

indarkestknight

Quote from: Guancyto on September 19, 2016, 01:53:01 AM(from your own arrays' layout, apparently this is not just reroll 1s, but reroll 1s until they no longer appear?)

Just so.

Revelation

Since we have a stalker and mystic, I might go Warden, Warlord, or maybe Harbinger - not sure yet, but I want something that can stand toe to toe with the enemy, or be slippery and mobile.

Chulanowa

I was looking at Warden or Warlord myself. I almost never get to play the "tank" type.

And I'll be keeping my own rolls for sure  ;D

Revelation

Ya can git warden and I can take Warlord - i'd be chill with that. Or vice versa!

Guancyto

I was going to be a Warlord until I found out that a Zealot can get a lightsaber, sooo... that works out, I guess!

ShadowFox89

Anything specific on the setting? I was thinking Garuda-blooded Aasimar or Oni-blooded Tiefling Mystic, more specifics depending on how the setting is... well, set up.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Premier

Interest check for an old sword who's been in wars you know. So many that they're rather jaded to violence and only break out the blade when it's time to sink back into a bloody and bitter past.

Harbinger of course, for a good ol' forty year old warrior lady and I guess I'll have to look up some setting stuff to pick out races or flavours!

Have some rolls.

16, 12, 15, 11, 14, 11.

Okay I guess. See if you do better GM!

indarkestknight

Front page post has been updated with character creation rules and setting info.

Latooni Subota

I am very sad that Exotic Weapon Proficiency has a +1 BAB requirement. How am I supposed to do fancy whip or double-bladed sword tech like this? q.q

MrBubbles

Rolled the bones and got myself a 15, 14, 13, 13, 13, 12! Let's see what the DM can roll up and then I can get to working out a character.

Don't know why, but I'm just feeling the Warder with this one, or maybe a Steelfist Commando!

Revelation

So anyone know what campaign background they might be taking yet? I'm thinking Stolen fury for my character - perhaps being taken by the cult to be sacrificed, but instead something about the ritual backfired, perhaps others came to his rescue as well as other captives in the attempt, so he has become something of a vagabond/wanderer, though with a rather decisive desire to deal with cults and demons directly to ensure what happened to him doesn't happen to others. If anyone else picked that, i'd be happy to work with them on it of course. Weave backgrounds together and such.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Revelation

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

indarkestknight

All Paizo Adventure Paths start at level 1.

We are using the campaign traits from the WotR Player's Guide, yes.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Latooni Subota on September 19, 2016, 08:16:47 PM
I am very sad that Exotic Weapon Proficiency has a +1 BAB requirement. How am I supposed to do fancy whip or double-bladed sword tech like this? q.q

Well, depending on race, humans at least can get martial traditions and get exotic weapon profiency for free (sacrifices bonus feat though).

indarkestknight

Half-orcs also have two different racial traits that let them pick up whip proficiency, one of which replaces weapon familiarity, the other replacing orc ferocity.

Revelation

Is anyone looking at using silver crane style much? I do notice we might have a bit of a healing problem sans one of us using UMD and the likes, and having some in combat healing could make the difference between life and death.

Zaer Darkwail

Silver Crane style can indeed heal but it's not big or good till +4 maneuver levels. Silver Crane mostly suits 'smite bad people' and 'most amazing visual stances' with heavy defensive properties.

Revelation

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 20, 2016, 10:41:52 AM
Silver Crane style can indeed heal but it's not big or good till +4 maneuver levels. Silver Crane mostly suits 'smite bad people' and 'most amazing visual stances' with heavy defensive properties.

Right. but, still, it's something of an investment and I have some ideas of what I could do with a warrior who uses silver crane, so figured i'd ask ahead of time while still working out the details for my PC.

MrBubbles

Quote from: Changingsaint on September 20, 2016, 10:26:49 AM
Is anyone looking at using silver crane style much? I do notice we might have a bit of a healing problem sans one of us using UMD and the likes, and having some in combat healing could make the difference between life and death.

I'll be using Silver Crane, so between your character and mine I figure we'll have all the healing the party needs.

Zaer Darkwail

Guys, do not forget even in early levels on the Golden Lion there is maneuver there which allows negate attack on ally as immediate action (if you got high enough diplomacy to overcome the attack roll of foe, this can include ranged touch attacks). Also some warlord gambits provide temporal HP (and also presense stance which gives temp HP whenever you slay a foe; great way negate dmg also). Also there is pathfinder version of Stone Power feat (which allows generate temp HP when you hit a foe on yourself).

As have voiced bit advices I also voice out interest to play :P. If there is room.

Revelation

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 20, 2016, 05:33:31 PM
Guys, do not forget even in early levels on the Golden Lion there is maneuver there which allows negate attack on ally as immediate action (if you got high enough diplomacy to overcome the attack roll of foe, this can include ranged touch attacks). Also some warlord gambits provide temporal HP (and also presense stance which gives temp HP whenever you slay a foe; great way negate dmg also). Also there is pathfinder version of Stone Power feat (which allows generate temp HP when you hit a foe on yourself).

As have voiced bit advices I also voice out interest to play :P. If there is room.

There are ways to sustain, but silver crane is healing - and, the character I have in mind will be using it anyway. I'll be finishing him shortly.

indarkestknight

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 20, 2016, 05:33:31 PMAs have voiced bit advices I also voice out interest to play :P. If there is room.

I'm willing to take on more.

Zaer Darkwail

So far my own concepts go; Warder (Fiendbound Marauder or Zweihander Sentinel) or Slayer (I know, not path of war class but otherwise physical combat char which blends rogue/ranger into a interesting package, possibly taking Vanguard archtype).

Revelation

indarkestknight, is the unquiet grave discipline from lords of night allowed as well?

Zaer Darkwail

Also I found perfect pic if I go fiendbound mauler warder build (usually I play males but with this concept/pic willing play a female :));

Or this pic can also work (taking comment/opinions which one appears cooler on fellow players);

indarkestknight

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 20, 2016, 06:26:20 PM
So far my own concepts go; Warder (Fiendbound Marauder or Zweihander Sentinel) or Slayer (I know, not path of war class but otherwise physical combat char which blends rogue/ranger into a interesting package, possibly taking Vanguard archtype).

Taking levels in Slayer is not presently permitted. This may change at a later point, but your first level must be in a Path of War class.

Quote from: Changingsaint on September 20, 2016, 06:29:01 PM
indarkestknight, is the unquiet grave discipline from lords of night allowed as well?

I'll have to track that down, but I'm going to provisionally say yes.

Revelation

Quote from: indarkestknight on September 20, 2016, 06:41:28 PM
Taking levels in Slayer is not presently permitted. This may change at a later point, but your first level must be in a Path of War class.

I'll have to track that down, but I'm going to provisionally say yes.

It's from dreamscarred press, the discipline itself is focused on supernatural channeling of negative energy basically. It gets benefits when undead use it - but I plan on my character being amongst the living. It's not a specifically evil discipline like Black Seraph, but since it does deal with undeath and negative energy I wanted to ask. I kind of liked the dichotomy of using both that and silver crane, though if both are disallowed as disciplines on the same character, I won't consider it the end of the world!

Zaer: I like the girl more, she's cute bit also a scrapper.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, so I go warder then.

Quote from: Changingsaint on September 20, 2016, 06:48:52 PM
Zaer: I like the girl more, she's cute bit also a scrapper.

Yeah, agree. Also got sort idea that she has Exposed to Awfulness campaign trait and her near death encounter awakened her lingering fiendish heritage (thus horns and thus turning from human girl to tiefling girl). The demon slain somehow bound it's spirit into her and plaqued her with nightmares until she mastered them and accepted her fiendish side and even embraced the very evil which now somehow haunts inside her body. She has 'demonic cravings' but she redirects them creatively in pummeling demons on their faces and revels in bloody violence to extend it approaches to orgasmic bliss!

Although I ask; many Black Serpah maneuvers have evil tag; if my char learns those, will it by default make her non-good or can she learn them but using them extensively slowly turns her evil? Or overall what is evil tag overall affecting her as she is fiendbound mauler (I am willing accept she radiates as evil outsider to detect evil and wards as one her tiefling traits despite actual alignment at work).

indarkestknight

Quote from: Changingsaint on September 20, 2016, 06:48:52 PM
It's from dreamscarred press, the discipline itself is focused on supernatural channeling of negative energy basically. It gets benefits when undead use it - but I plan on my character being amongst the living. It's not a specifically evil discipline like Black Seraph, but since it does deal with undeath and negative energy I wanted to ask. I kind of liked the dichotomy of using both that and silver crane, though if both are disallowed as disciplines on the same character, I won't consider it the end of the world!

There's actually a zealot archetype that does exactly what you're looking to do called Discordant Crusader that blends Black Seraph and Silver Crane. That said, if you'd rather use Unquiet Grave, you're certainly welcome to – as far as I can tell, none of its maneuvers have an evil tag.

EDIT: If you want to get the most mileage out of Unquiet Grave, playing a dhampir is an option.

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 20, 2016, 07:05:45 PM
Ok, so I go warder then.

Yeah, agree. Also got sort idea that she has Exposed to Awfulness campaign trait and her near death encounter awakened her lingering fiendish heritage (thus horns and thus turning from human girl to tiefling girl). The demon slain somehow bound it's spirit into her and plaqued her with nightmares until she mastered them and accepted her fiendish side and even embraced the very evil which now somehow haunts inside her body. She has 'demonic cravings' but she redirects them creatively in pummeling demons on their faces and revels in bloody violence to extend it approaches to orgasmic bliss!

Although I ask; many Black Serpah maneuvers have evil tag; if my char learns those, will it by default make her non-good or can she learn them but using them extensively slowly turns her evil? Or overall what is evil tag overall affecting her as she is fiendbound mauler (I am willing accept she radiates as evil outsider to detect evil and wards as one her tiefling traits despite actual alignment at work).

She won't be evil by default just for knowing the maneuvers, but, yes, she would slip towards evil the more she uses Black Seraph. It's worth pointing out that many of those maneuvers deal extra profane damage, and as such will generally be less efficacious against evil targets unless you pick up the Black Seraph's Malevolence feat, which you can't take until level 7.

If she picks up a level of the aforementioned Discordant Crusader Zealot archetype, she'll be able to forestall her slip into evil, but you're by no means obligated to if you find her descent into evil compelling.

I will note that there's nothing that indicates tieflings detect as evil unless they are evil – though your average commoner NPCs will probably make assumptions about your character if your tiefling heritage isn't concealed.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Revelation

I have my sheet done. how  much attention do you want given to backstory? As i'd like to submit both at once. I have the general idea of his history in mind, just gotta write it.

indarkestknight

I'm not expecting a novel or anything, but I do expect players to explain their choice of campaign trait. Keep in mind that with no one especially likely to take the traits corresponding to hierophant or archmage, there's a high chance that people will be doubling up on mythic paths, and, as a result, doubling up on campaign traits, too, so try to give at least as much detail to work with as you'd hope anyone whose character takes the same campaign trait as your character would. If people would rather wait until they see if anyone else picks the same campaign trait/mythic path so they can collaborate before submitting their backstory for review, I've no objection.

Premier

Will have a read of stuff tonight and try pick some stuff out. A bit new to the system!

Revelation

I said it last page but i'll say it again here. I'm going with the Stolen Fury background, with him being a youth to be sacrificed an infernal ritual - meant to summon some dark beings. He was almost killed during it, but was saved at the last moment. The near death experience combined with the latent, strong magic did have an averse affect on him (Hence unquiet grave), and not wanting something like that to perpetually haunt him, he chose to work alongside a group of knights and warriors ( Empryeal Guardians) to ensure none would be harmed in such a manner again if he could help it.

I'll have the details filled out a bit more soon, but figured if anyone else wanted to collaborate with that campaign trait i'm all ears.

ShadowFox89

Kat, being a teifling, could easily be connected to his background.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Revelation

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=951091

Sebastian Durand comes from a lineage of minor yet proud nobility. A cushy life of politics, fine food, and being tended to could have been his lot in life were it not for more tragic events. As a young child, his families estate was raided by cultists. Servants were killed – even his father was mortally wounded in defense of his family. Sebastian was taken, down to some dark and half forgotten part of the lands as part of a blood sacrifice to darker powers. Defenseless and hopeless, he could only watch others killed before him until he too laid on a bloody altar, a knife ready to plunge for his heart and add him as another offering to the fiends the mad men worshiped. However, just as the blade was ready to slay him, the arrival of knights and warriors seeking the cult caused a pitched battle, the sacrifice forgotten in the scramble to flee or die trying.

Sebastian was saved, but he was no longer the same. The experience haunted him for some time of course, and if he continued that path he may have taken a darker road. Instead, one of the knights who aided in his rescue came to check upon the remnants of the family some time later, and came across the growing youth hacking away at a tree with an old blade. He recognized the rage, the desire for revenge, the hunger for blood. What started as a simple conversation about peace and moving on soon segued into swordplay, Sebastian having great interest in it, having no desire to ever be weak or powerless like that again. And the knight saw in him a curious pupil. One that he could not totally quell, but one that he could raise to be a good person nonetheless.

It was no surprise when an older Sebastian joined the order, much of his rage quelled, the drive of rage was fueled into honing swordplay, and while his style was certainly unique amongst the order, there was still enough of their teaching in him to show he could act as one of their soldiers. An adult, now, Sebastian has sought to use his swordplay to proper work. Defending others, helping others, attempting to inspire hope. It’s not easy all the time, and the right choices are not always the good choices... But he strives to be much like the knights who saved him in his darkest hour.

---

Human warlord, will be using a mix of Mithral Current, Unquiet Grave, Primal Fury, and Silver Crane to fight. I like the idea of Mithral current being a calming influence on him, being a more patient style of swordplay despite a more hot blooded nature from him. Also despite a rather grim past, he's moved on from much of it - though some lingering remnants are still there, he is a man who desires to help others and find like minded people. A proper hero, I hope.

I used average gold for my class. 175 gp.

Haven't found a pic yet, looking.

Zaer Darkwail

indarkestknight: A slow descend to evil is something I do want roleplay out (and see where it leads/goes), as overall idea is my gal is already neutral (it comes with her background and her overall attitude clearly) but because her channeling all her violent and 'dark martial arts' upon demons/evil guys, she is tolerated by the paladins or other crusaders even if her behavior may not be virtuous standards expected by them.

Also understand with being tiefling I get glares and I welcome the scrutinity what having said race goes by. Overall I thought 'detect as evil outsider' is more a flaw than innate racial trait. She can be still affected by her original race/alignment by spells or grander wards but for detect evil and some other divinations she registers as demon. Which can cause problems with some crusaders or situations where someone's entity is checked by divinations.

ShadowFox89

Changing, about how old is Sebastian? Working on Katherine's background, she traveled around with a wandering master, its possible they were with the knights. She's also about 68.... tieflings reach adulthood pretty late compared to humans.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

So very possible a younger Katherine showed up at some point with her master alongside the knights and helped break up the cult/free Sebastion. Maybe he'd remember the horny, red haired girl?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Revelation

I think that would work out nicely, he would probably remember her, and of course would be extremely thankful.

Zaer Darkwail

Fiendish Heritage alternative trait roll

Starting Wealth Roll

Background
Nanaly Brigthdawn had fairly happy childhood, her both parents were retired crusaders from fourth crusade and were living in New Kenabres. While father continued on as watch captain mother retired to more mundane career as a baker (albeit father often joked about she merely utilized her unarmed combat skills in pummeling bread dough). However a oni manifested inside Kenebras! Reasons for manifestation are unknown but most speculate cultist involvement or wardstone had some crack, opening, developed when during fourth crusade it was seriously damaged.

None the less oni materialized on the very street where Nanaly and her family lived, the district had plain civilians and so called on duty both her parents went fight the oni....despite their efforts they both died. Then oni focused attention to Nanaly and charged towards her and intended devour her! As during fight she had walked out from house and watch her parents, fight demons as she had admired their tales from crusade and thought them as heroes. Crushed upon seeing mother and father fall besides each other she was paralyzed, helpless and crying. But the parents sacrifice was not in vain; her parents had fought the oni long, injured it and weakened it, buying time for the Kenabres watch arrive and reinforced by local Iomedaen paladins. They charged on the oni and intercepted it before it could even touch Nanaly, but as oni died it's body buffed on stinky black smoke and once scent reached Nanaly she passed out.

Albeit slain, the oni spirit was not slain. Instead it had entered inside Nanaly! For weeks she was comatose and priests tried banish the oni, but no avail. The oni spirit was struggling against the small girl's spirit and priests prayed for miracle and kept her body fed and healthy as they could while girl slumbered. Nanaly was trapped in nightmare with the oni who chased her, tormented her and tortured her. Oni intended break her spirit, make her surrender so it can possess her body instead and it was making progress quite well in that regard as it's corrupting energies warped Nanaly's body. However in last possible moment the innocent tormented girl found her courage and her fury! She screamed and charged with complete fearless manner on oni and in truth hated oni so much she wanted murder the oni! However she could not kill oni, not at least traditional manner. Instead her efforts caused oni devouring her soul to make her devour the oni!

As she pummeled, she defeated the oni as in realm of dreams and intensity of will decides more than physical might and oni was defeated but with a cost; it's dark essence infused on Nanaly's soul to point they no longer could be sepparated and as Nanaly woke, her body had warped and changed from human to a tiefling; touched by very darkness of the oni. The priests were dismayed they could not save her body but they thought they had saved her soul very least.

They had not, she had saved herself and with oni devoured into part of her, the all innate oni urges and indulgences came part of her. Not as extreme as oni (as she is tiefling) but still sinful indulgences none the less and innately very chaotic behavior. The priests took orphaned tiefling girl in, raised in Iomedae temple best they could. However despite watchful eyes of paladins she wandered a lot in city and wound up bullied and teased by local kids, which made her grow resentment to children and city of Kenabres in general. Everyone praised her parents as heroes who saved many lives, only what she felt was sorrow and anger. Sorrow for the loss and anger for ungrateful brats bullying her! Her negative emotins were profoundly reinforced thanks her tainted soul and thus she was very difficult child for Iomedae priests to raise.

Once she turned 17 the priests were glad to shove her out and give her money to get by and also get to live in house where her parents lived (the house had been taken care by care keeper who was parents friend). She first day kicked out the care keeper, bought tons of alcohol and drinked herself drunk in the house. Then proceed go taverns in gate district to start brawls with locals in drunken rampage and same night got rid of her virginity as cute boy which he had eyed on temple she had seduced to come with her on tavern (and he followed out of obligation to watch she does not get hurt) but in haystacks he popped his and her cherry same time despite boy's protests on about it!

This is not even tip of the iceberg of 'trouble' she caused for several years until locals grew fed up with rampaging tiefling; firstly cutting monthly money tribute to her (which was earned from parent's heroic sacrifice and was meant provide for her daily needs and not for daily drunken rampage), then she was kicked off the house (which was shambles from lack of care) and then outright exiled her from Kenabres! In that moment Nanaly Brightdawn ceased to be as she showed finger to authorities and just clothes on her she left Kenabres. As lusty curvy tiefling she easily prostituted herself (or mugged thanks immense natural strenght) people for cash. She cared for nobody but herself and did not care who got hurt and who suffered so long she enjoyed her indulgences.

Despite this, there was sense of emptiness in her.....she lacked goal, purpose or some craving which did not sate her despite how much she ate, fucked or drinked. Then as chance of fate while drunk she stumbled upon Crashing Tempest Academy which was located on Taldor (she had wandered far). She stumbled through and somebody tried stop her but instead she punched the guy on the face! Soon she was brawling and figthing against the students in middle of the night and during it she got hurt, badly, but in pushed corner and suppressed rage manifested and into her hands appeared massive spectral hands which started maul and grab people! Her bound oni spirit joining the rumble as well and she felt happy! She then realized she had secretly and long craved for violence, thrill of battle and something to punch upon!

She was suppressed and albeit her fury and fierce temper was impressive the students and teacher had kicked her out, instead she came back on their door and knocked and begged let in! At first students and teachers decided ignore the tiefling but for three days and nights she pummeled on the door in fury and demanded they teach her how to fight! At first think tiefling was just plain drunk still and mad, but after the three days and nights she was exhausted and still continue rasping on the door with her bloodied knuckles. This point teachers were impressed and agreed she is worthy student to be educated.

So the academy took her in and first time filled with purpose and desire which matches with her mentors she attentively attended the academy. Like a sponge learn the craft of trashing dragon but also her oni spirit, through dreams, whispered and taught her techniques not taught in academy. She grew powerful and intimidating foe amongst freshmen and as she graduated she with pride took the blue ligthning tattoos and swore oath of the academy and then with carefully saved cash purchased pair of gauntlets from local smithy. As her inner demon had taught how manifest her spectral hands and so once gauntlets were synergizes and fused together....then with gauntlets she manifested the arms which made her feel powerful!

However there was no grand wars or battles going on Taldor....then she heard call for fifth crusade?! It has been over decade she was exiled and she doubted the people who she upset should be alive (at least she thinks so) so she headed back to Kenabres....with purpose to join crusade and pummel demons! Their big, tough, strong and there was unlimited supply of them! Perfect targets for her never ending desire to pummel things! Of course she had her old vices still but academy life and discipline in monastery had taught her moderate those vices much more calmer manner than she did originally in youth. Still she can be impulsive individual.

Alignment: I know I originally spoke of neutral (CN) alignment but after reading redemption rules and reading that oni's originally were kami's which protected the world and through either neglect, betrayal, corruption (or dozen other reasons) the kami's forsake their duties and cursed the world no longer be worthy of their charge. Then higher forces ripped their material bodies away and then as dark spirits they haunt until in unique circumstances they transform and gain bodies of their own again and go rampage around. Also read the redemption rules for the campaign and then decided that overall story for Nanaly (in the campaign) is process climb up depths of darkness to the light.

So, decided the spirit devouring process turned her to CN first but then CE by banishment and overall growing more and more attuned to darkness inside her soul. Even reach point where she communes with her inner demon which is pleased for her behavior (sort living through her his various vices). So thus explain her initial behavior and overall 'sinful' behavior. However in her process turning good she would get conflict with the oni spirit bound to her and it would be internal struggle, but considering she has access to eternal guardian style I think the said style presents potentially the oni's original kami side which her deeds and internal monoloque could slowly help recover in the oni spirit (as her soul turns good so does oni with her and may reach perhaps back to spiritual kami state even if she still uses black seraph style and some evil tagged maneuvers which constantly knocks off penance tasks off her and may demand her continue do penance tasks once she is chaotic good to avoid slip back down to CE).

Premier

Char Pic!

Tevreh Gnelm would sell herself to any bidder. A sword for hire, she's worked for saints and she's worked for people as close to devil's you could already smell the brimstone. She killed without question and earned her name as someone whose loyalty was unflinching, as long as you paid her price. It was a life without direction and with little joy, but she'd been born a Half-Orc, what really was there for her to do with her life but this?

She was deep into a life of brutality for coin before someone finally beat her and got her to think for once in her life about what she was doing. Tevreh wasn't stupid, she'd just never been one to speculate on the future, when the pleasures and bloodshed of the now was on offer. Now she's starting to think she's fucked up an awful lot of her life though and maybe it was going to take a particularly grand gesture to correct that wrong. Also that maybe it's start time to live a little for herself rather than other people, two goals that are going to conflict rather nastily as she tries to find her way and who knows which will win out?

Since it's Wuxia I thought I might as well go with the classic of a stained soul who is now trying to redeem themselves using the only set of skills they really have, killing things.

In more classic Wuxia fashion, it'd be good if someone set my character on the path to being a better person, possibly though finding them and fighting them until they saw the error of their ways. I think I even have a volunteer for that already, but I'll let them explain.

Likely going with the Firebrand Campaign Trait.

indarkestknight

Quote from: Premier on September 21, 2016, 04:46:08 PM
Likely going with the Firebrand Campaign Trait.

The Firebrand campaign trait is actually from Council of Thieves. As this is a Wrath of the Righteous campaign, I'll need you to select a Wrath of the Righteous campaign trait.

indarkestknight

Few things, Zaer.

One, oni are not innately chaotic; quite the reverse, they are naturally inclined to be lawful, though your portrayal of the outrageous appetites of a hungerseed tiefling are spot on.

Second, I haven't approved crystalline or primal iron or any 3pp material outside of the Path of War materials. For now, I'd prefer to stick with Paizo stuff and Path of War, though I may choose to make additional 3pp material available sometime later in the campaign.

Third, by taking levitate at will, you trade in your ability to use alter self 1/day.

Your wealth roll beat mine, so stick with 190 gp.

Zaer Darkwail

Actually if you take fiendish heritage feat it says you get to choose one tiefling alternatives (like oni-spawn) and following is direct quote; In addition, you may roll on Table: Variant Tiefling Abilities three times and choose the most favorable ability.

Now it does not mention it replaces the alter self ability (only darkness). Also if you say bottom line is true then it conflicts with the feat description as it says 'roll three times and pick most favorable result' as trading darkness ability allows roll only once. It mentions this at end where NPC's can be customized or PC's if they want to, meaning every regular tiefling can roll on the chart once to get replacement for Darkness spell-alike ability if GM approves it (and thus with that ruling I cannot pick additional trait from said chart as I lack Darkness spell-alike ability for the trade thanks for taking oni-spawn which replaces it).

Also my bad on mixing onis up but I assumed they were chaotic as oni-spawn tieflings are told to have outrageous appetites/vices etc. Also every oni is unique case (so this case it could had been chaotic oni than lawful, sort demonic oni).

Anyways with crystallinen and primal cold iron; I just checked magic material list to get wide as possible list for magical materials as the magic material the gauntlets are made from transfers to my fiendish grip, so are there any additional magic/exotic materials besides cold iron, silver, mithril and adamantine in the setting?

Edit; Just note that I made the long post about the Fiendish Heritage to explain why I came upon the logic that how come my tiefling has the levitate at-will and alter self 1/day, if you disagree on the my logic (and also the only way how I view the feat anyway fair compared to aasimars who get their alternative types for free without feat tax), I am okay removing the alter self spell-alike ability off. The levitate at-will is pretty strong (and lucky roll for me).

indarkestknight

Going to rule that if you take the variant tiefling ability you rolled, you're trading in the SLA that replaces darkness.

Looking them over, you're right. Mea culpa. Oni don't appear to be restricted to a specific alignment; while the most commonly known breed, the ogre mages, are generally lawful evil, as are void yai, kuwa oni, and spirit oni, fire yai are neutral evil, while water and ice yai are chaotic evil. Whatever breed of oni it was, it's fine to say it was chaotic evil.

A list of all special materials that canonically exist in Golarion.

Latooni Subota

More details!

Shifting a bit more over to Vigilante archetype for Stalker, because trapfinding is hella useful, and I haven't been a rogue-y character in ages. I'm also gonna go with a more ranged focus via thrown weapons and bows or something, so it should be . . interesting trying to get my sneak attacks off. We'll see what happens lol!

Chance Encounter is the campaign trait I'm picking!

Disciplines used: Solar Wind, Tempest Gale, and/or Broken Blade. Some mix of the three.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, so gauntlets will be for now cold iron and alchemical silver. As cannot afford anything else for crafting them but at least Nanaly can perform the ritual anytime. Anyways ok, alter self will be removed then (albeit it makes me think tieflings get shorter end of stick needing feat to get alternative subtypes and traits as aasimars don't need do same).

Latooni Subota

Anybody squicked out by Halflings due to the size, when it comes to romantic interludes? GM?

MrBubbles

Quote from: Latooni Subota on September 21, 2016, 08:56:03 PM
Anybody squicked out by Halflings due to the size, when it comes to romantic interludes? GM?

I've got no problems with them, go for it!

Also working on my character and character sheet, I'll probably be able to get 'em both posted up sometime tomorrow!

indarkestknight

I was never squicked but never especially interested in halflings in a romantic or sexual context. InCase's Alfie remedied my ambivalence.

Latooni Subota

indarkestknight

Zaer, I've reviewed my copy of Blood of Fiends, and I have good news and bad news.

The good news is that Blood of Fiends makes no mention of the Fiendish Heritage feat at all, and since that's more recent than the Bastards of Erebus where the idea of Fiendish Heritage was initially introduced, I won't require you to take the feat to play a Hungerseed.

The bad news is that Blood of Fiends makes explicit that tieflings who gain a variant tiefling ability lose their racial spell-like ability, rather than specifying only darkness:

QuoteThe abilities presented here replace a tiefling’s spell-like ability racial trait.

Latooni Subota

Oh, as a Vigilante I don't get Solar Wind. Ah well. Tempest Gale and Riven Hourglass it is! . . and I guess bits of Steel Serpent? So many choices.

Chulanowa

Not at all. Love me some halflings and gnomes.... and kobolds... and fae... and WoW-style goblins (keep Pathfinder's humanoid garbage disposals away from me, though... Fun to play, maybe amusing in comic sexual situations, but for actual smut.... uuuuugh no)

I gotta set myself down and actually fish up a good-looking Warlord or Warder.

Premier

Quote from: indarkestknight on September 21, 2016, 06:56:29 PM
The Firebrand campaign trait is actually from Council of Thieves. As this is a Wrath of the Righteous campaign, I'll need you to select a Wrath of the Righteous campaign trait.

Oh I see! Duh!

I'll work that out then. Sorry! Again a bit new to all this.

indarkestknight

Quote from: Latooni Subota on September 22, 2016, 12:40:53 AM
Oh, as a Vigilante I don't get Solar Wind. Ah well. Tempest Gale and Riven Hourglass it is! . . and I guess bits of Steel Serpent? So many choices.

Note that 1. you can spend one of your traits to swap out one of your known disciplines for a different one and 2. by joining an associated organization, you may likewise swap out one of your known disciplines for the specific discipline associated with the organization. In Solar Wind's case, you'd want to join the Acolytes of the Arrow.

So far both Zaer's character and Changingsaint's character haven't availed themselves of either option, but rather both options.

Revelation

To it's credit, path of war does allow for a good amount of discipline choice through the orders and trait. They obviously take up some resources in traits/other disciplines, but it is nice to play around and make more unorthodox characters with them.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: indarkestknight on September 21, 2016, 10:02:13 PM
Zaer, I've reviewed my copy of Blood of Fiends, and I have good news and bad news.

The good news is that Blood of Fiends makes no mention of the Fiendish Heritage feat at all, and since that's more recent than the Bastards of Erebus where the idea of Fiendish Heritage was initially introduced, I won't require you to take the feat to play a Hungerseed.

The bad news is that Blood of Fiends makes explicit that tieflings who gain a variant tiefling ability lose their racial spell-like ability, rather than specifying only darkness:

Aha, so it frees a feat for me. Yay!

Quote from: Changingsaint on September 22, 2016, 02:10:11 AM
To it's credit, path of war does allow for a good amount of discipline choice through the orders and trait. They obviously take up some resources in traits/other disciplines, but it is nice to play around and make more unorthodox characters with them.

Yeah and even if Primal Fury 'theme' fits for my char, my Fiendish Grap is not style associated weapon with it (which I find ironic). So swapped it for Thrashing Dragon which does have nice synergy with dual wielding light weapons (or using natural weapons). Both my archtype and organization swaps disciplines so your definately not stuck with what you got from the class.

indarkestknight

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 22, 2016, 06:32:30 AM
Yeah and even if Primal Fury 'theme' fits for my char, my Fiendish Grap is not style associated weapon with it (which I find ironic). So swapped it for Thrashing Dragon which does have nice synergy with dual wielding light weapons (or using natural weapons). Both my archtype and organization swaps disciplines so your definately not stuck with what you got from the class.

I too was initially under the impression that you could only use maneuvers when you wield an associated weapon, but combing through the book, I haven't been able to find anything that would indicate that. In fact, Solar Wind, in addition to listing associated weapons, spells out explicitly that they can only be used with bows, crossbows, and thrown weapons, and so does Broken Blade with unarmed/associated weapons, while none of the other Disciplines do. As such, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, I'm inclined to operate under the belief that you can use any melee weapon to initiate any melee maneuver you know and any ranged weapon to initiate any ranged maneuver you know, with the exception of Solar Wind maneuvers, Broken Blade maneuvers, and any maneuvers that spell out a requirement to use an associated weapon.

Associated weapons are still significant, however, if you want to take Discipline Focus.

Zaer Darkwail

And in broken blade it mentions if you strike unarmed you add +2 to the dmg rolls. I still keep the swap as the monastery had huge influence on my char (plus thrashing dragon is pretty good discipline for her anyways as she is always dual wielding anyways and plan gt TWF feat eventually). But likely spend two or three feats for primal fury and get maybe the 8th level stance from primal fury (it's so good).

indarkestknight

Well, I would note that, as we're using Path of War: Expanded, if I'm reading Old Dogs & New Tricks on page 91 right, Warders can pick up either Piercing Thunder or Eternal Guardian. Now you're already gaining Eternal Guardian from your archetype, so naturally you'd pick Piercing Thunder, which you can trade in for Thrashing Dragon while keeping Primal Fury.

Zaer Darkwail

Uh! Oh yesh, I will do so! I had forgot about that (I saw the note but did not quite understand did it replace or just add stuff :P). Piercing Thunder is shield+spear combination sort style so not that suitable in theme for my char. Hmmm, now tempted pick one starting maneuvers from primal fury but happy with I have got so far (two boosts, counter and two strikes).

Revelation

You can use non discipline weapons with a discipline. Using discipline weapons however increases the save dc for moves that have a save vs effect by two.

Chulanowa

So if work doesn't kill me today, I should be able to start putting things together

Snake

Skynet

I'd be interested in playing a Zealot if there's still room. Probably gonna be both a ranged and melee combatant, can switch between the two, by using the Unorthodox Style trait to trade in Piercing Thunder for Tempest Gale. And possibly Deadly Agility feat to emphasize a graceful and mobile type of gal.

Pic idea; yes she has 2 swords and zealots don't gain Thrashing Dragon, but hey I like the image!

Also Zealot can get a telepathy network going which can be very convenient for a party in terms of silent communication.

Will go with 4d6 roll system over point buy.

Here are my results:

First result 15

Second result;    Rerolled 1 for a 17 result

Third result 14

Fourth result 14

Fifth result;     1 again;        rerolled a 4 for a 16 result

Sixth result 13

13 is my lowest ability score. Talk about lucky!

So in order from highest to lowest: 17, 16, 15, 14, 14, 13

Now gonna roll for starting gold (5d6 x 10 for Zealot class). 23 result, for 230 gold pieces.

As for traits, was thinking Child of the Crusades (Campaign), Unorthodox Style (Combat, PoW:E), and and Demon Slayer (Combat)

Zaer Darkwail

Well, join the Crashing Tempest Academy then Skynet; trade one discipline for other which you feel does not quite feel good (or one invest lot in first place if not count cherry picking). Plus able 'meld' your two weapons together to have highest HP/Hardness and same properties as other weapon has (so can have weapon which bypasses silver and cold iron DR's or able count weapons both piercing and slashing).

Skynet

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 22, 2016, 03:13:49 PM
Well, join the Crashing Tempest Academy then Skynet; trade one discipline for other which you feel does not quite feel good (or one invest lot in first place if not count cherry picking). Plus able 'meld' your two weapons together to have highest HP/Hardness and same properties as other weapon has (so can have weapon which bypasses silver and cold iron DR's or able count weapons both piercing and slashing).

My 5 disciplines normally are Eternal Guardian, Golden Lion, Piercing Thunder, Sleeping Goddess, and Solar Wind.

Ideally I'd want Tempest Gale and Thrashing Dragon (to go with pic) as my trait/martial tradition switch-outs.

Hmmmm, in that case I might trade out Piercing Thunder for Tempest Gale. Golden Lion's quite good, especially it's Diplomacy-based counter which can work on fellow PCs. Sleeping Goddess keys off of psionic stuff, and as the Zealot has Power Points those would become useless. Solar Wind I'm considering getting rid of, as fire resistance/immunity is a common thing, especially with extraplanar beings. Piercing Thunder is polearm and shield-based, so I don't need that. Eternal Guardian is very defensive-focused, but don't know enough about it to know if getting rid of it's a good idea.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, if want go for dual blades (which can be thrown as I presume on picking tempest gale and can be possible if you meld together a dagger and longsword and thus visually have two slender blades which function like daggers when thrown) then I say Solar Wind is one weaker picks (fire resistance very common amongst demons but can also be useful to get rid of swarms of vermin which may later show up in adventure path or otherwise do fire dmg but that's cherry picking which can be taken via martial study if needed).

I would not dismiss Sleeping Goddess style as it has potential help you gain useful psionic feats (and also overall gain additional power points atop being zealot and more power points you get that more use you get from Zealot).

Piercing Thunder keyes off in 'stab and run' and 'devastating charges' which work only spears and piercing weapons. Also often using shield but not neccesary (one stance actually allows zweihander warder to dual wield greatswords :P). It has jaw dropping awesme 8th level boost + 9th level charge maneuver combo but besides that for dual wielding sword figther it does not fit at all (unless somehow convince GM that using bladed buckler in ceremony turns it into slender off hand sword which functions like buckler otherwise and can be thrown and use with said school...).

Golden Lion has lots nice boosts for teammates, but warlords also provide morale bonuses and they do not stack (ironic that one best stances provided by style is outshined entirely by warlord class feature presence and warlords got access to golden lion as well). Not to dis but also depends does anybody else focus on it.

Eternal Guardian is simply being highly protective of allies. As Zealot you got lot class features to make you durable and so if you wish to be 'guardian' sort mythic hero then do not dismiss it. As in this adventure you very early on earn mythic power (somehow). So you need pick mythic path and for physical heroes choice falls to champion (a melee charging hero), guardian (protector guy), trickster (jack of all trades) or marshal (inspiring war leader type). Archmage and Hierophant are off unless you multiclass. So depending your mythic path choice, I say if you go guardian or marshal then eternal guardian is fitting mechanically and theme. But as champion you would focus more offense.

But if we hail from same monastery (perhaps training partners), then I intent my warder to pick eternal guardian maneuvers (as I aim for guardian mythic path as it fits for my char's redemption goals and oni's origin being a kami; a protector/guardian spirit). So would be interesting dynamic if you focus more on offense.

Anyways besides my ranting in above I advice for Solar Wind (countered easily but also replaced with picking Tempest Gale which has throw maneuvers but so does thrashing dragon which actually throws your melee weapons around). If want stuff from solar wind (first level stance is pretty good; create phantom copies of thrown weapons is nice for 'barrage' charms but I think tempest gale had their own version in higher levels) or pick some AoE ones; use martial study for those (picking one 2th level maneuver you get up to 4th or even 5th level solar wind maneuvers which have nice AoE or fire stuff).

Second is piercing thunder or eternal guardian (depending on do you ever pick eternal guardian or not as in theory you could use piercing thunder if somehow turn your swords count as piercing weapons like dagger or rapier via academy mending ritual or simply use martial adaption feat to count your chosen weapons as any style discipline weapons despite what they are, as piercing thunder has some awesome offensive charge charms).

Premier

A Greatsword seems to go well with my gal's disciplines and I'll go through all the rules tomorrow so I can actually make a character.

What level we starting at though?

Zaer Darkwail

Besides chargen ones I advice check in advance mythic heroes rules as in campaign we get turned into mythic heroes early on.

indarkestknight

Quote from: Snake on September 22, 2016, 02:49:17 PM
Is this still accepting players?

Still accepting! Though, at least for the first part of the Worldwound Incursion, part I of the AP, I'll probably be splitting a group this large into two parties.

Quote from: Skynet on September 22, 2016, 03:09:11 PM
Pic idea; yes she has 2 swords and zealots don't gain Thrashing Dragon, but hey I like the image!

I half-expected Zealot from WildC.A.T.S.

Skynet starting $$
230 gp. You'll beat that, of course, when you reroll that one from your wealth roll.
At 2016-09-22 18:20:46, Skynet (uid: 305) rolls: 5d6 Result: 21
At 2016-09-22 18:20:55, Skynet (uid: 305) rolls: 1d6 Result: 3

Quote from: Skynet on September 22, 2016, 03:30:48 PMSolar Wind I'm considering getting rid of, as fire resistance/immunity is a common thing, especially with extraplanar beings.

If you're concerned about that, I'd suggest checking out the Variable Wind feat from Path of War: Expanded.

One suggestion I haven't seen come up so far for a 'switch hitter' is the one I expected to see the most of: Silver Crane. Unlike many styles, it has strikes that allow you to use either ranged or melee attacks.

I will note that ranged combat and two-weapon styles are both very feat-intensive fighting styles, so you may find yourself feat-starved if you go that route.

MrBubbles

Boris Kaminski

The early life of Boris Kaminski was not a pleasant one; orphaned on the streets of Restov at a young age, Boris survived day to day with the packs of other abandoned children that eked out a living in the Brevic city. Life was a struggle, but even as a child Boris seemed to possess a prodigious capacity for hardship, and with his burly physique and his honest nature he developed a reputation as a reliable worker. Eventually word spread of the lad, and with his compassion and budding sense of justice, the younger orphans of Restov came to see him as a sort of older brother, attaching themselves to him for food and protection. Of course, there were those who saw his immense strength and stature as valuable muscle… But he refused them all, and was often rewarded with a black eye or broken nose for his troubles, with threats of more to come. It seemed it was only a matter of time until he was forced to make a decision on where his life would lead, and both paths seemed dark ones indeed.

Fate, or perhaps providence, offered a third way out. A passing pair of holy warriors sworn to Erastil chanced upon the lad, now a young teenager, as he worked at a stonemason, and through conversation discovered his plight. The pair were good of heart and sympathetic to his problems, and offered him a place by their side as they traveled further north. He accepted under one condition, and when the three left they took with them four other wayward children from Restov’s streets. The group made their way through the River Kingdoms, towards the Crusader State of Mendev that stood vigil over the Worldwound, and yet… Barely as soon as they had crossed the border, tragedy struck.

It came in the night as the group made camp. It was a demon that had found a way through the wardstones, and it saw easy prey. The beast fell upon them, hungry for slaughter, yet before it could reach the children it found Boris standing in its way. The young man had little chance against the creature – it was a being of the Abyss, and he was just a teenager armed with a cooking pot, but their struggle bought his adoptive parents enough time to arm themselves and drive the creature away. It was only after the battle that they learned just how viciously the demon had worked Boris, who still stood even as horrible gashes bled freely on his face and chest. They did what they could to stabilize him, and hurried to Kenabres where better treatment may be found.

It was a miracle, or perhaps a testament to the youth’s constitution, that he made it to a place of healing. The wounds were stitched, and over time they faded into scars. Boris however refused to fade, and came out of this experience all the stronger. He now had a place where he could do good, where he could put his strength to work defending the world as he had defended his younger brothers and sisters. Up here, in a blighted land contested by the forces of good and evil, he felt he could make a difference.

Every party needs the big burly bear that occasionally spouts some sagely wisdom, I hope ole Boris here will fit right into that role! He's definitely built with raw tanking power in mind, and with "Exposed to Awfulness" as his campaign trait I'm totally seeing him become the Immovable Object with the Guardian mythic path.

indarkestknight

Zaer, MrBubbles, feel free to work out whether or not your characters are aware they're connected. Remember, if multiple characters take Exposed to Awfulness...

QuoteYou and any others with this trait are related, if only distantly. You could be siblings or cousins—a condition that perhaps lends some credence to the theory that all of you share more than just a common bloodline.

Siblings seems highly unlikely, and, given your wildly divergent backstories, a distant relation sounds significantly more probable and less likely to cause headaches than a close one, but, ultimately, it's up to you.

Latooni Subota

Son of a bitch, Boris is MAGNIFICENT. I can see my halfling pulling up a stool just to touch his fuzzy face.

Edit: Ehhh, I dont think I need Solar Wind. Tempest Gale is enough for my ranged combat. :3

MrBubbles

Quote from: indarkestknight on September 22, 2016, 07:15:21 PM
Zaer, MrBubbles, feel free to work out whether or not your characters are aware they're connected. Remember, if multiple characters take Exposed to Awfulness...

Siblings seems highly unlikely, and, given your wildly divergent backstories, a distant relation sounds significantly more probable and less likely to cause headaches than a close one, but, ultimately, it's up to you.

Yeah I'm seeing a distant relation with these two, very distant relation, like so distant we probably don't even know we're related.

Quote from: Latooni Subota on September 22, 2016, 07:29:53 PM
Son of a bitch, Boris is MAGNIFICENT. I can see my halfling pulling up a stool just to touch his fuzzy face.

Don't touch the beard! Touch it touch it touch it!

indarkestknight

Quote from: Skynet on September 22, 2016, 08:37:46 PM
For mythic paths, I see myself more as Champion or Marshal.

If you choose Marshal, stick with Child of the Crusades. If you choose Champion, swap Child of the Crusades with Stolen Fury.

Latooni Subota

How did I not realize Vigilante Stalkers get Inspiration Pool and Investigator Talents? @.@

At 2016-09-22 21:27:12, Latooni Subota (uid: 13273) rolls: 4d6 Result: 15
At 2016-09-22 21:27:20, Latooni Subota (uid: 13273) rolls: 1d6 Result: 3
Rerolled that one, so hey, 170gp Not bad.

Edit: Here's the crunch, fluff to come tomorrow! http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=952643

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: MrBubbles on September 22, 2016, 08:53:19 PM
Yeah I'm seeing a distant relation with these two, very distant relation, like so distant we probably don't even know we're related.

Cosnidering my tiefling is 60 and she spend '20 years randomly wandering, fucking and drinking' across the world, so Boris may had been rare case scenario where she wound up pregnant and she dumbly forgot drink maiden's tea in time. She gave birth and literally abandoned her child onto someone (which wound up later on streets). Boris did not get any fiendish/tiefling traits from mother (the unnamed father been a human, probably a big and strong guy as Nanaly likes men big :P). So unlikely they do not know IC they are mother and son relation unless you check closer family semblances or such (or by divine magic or such is used).

But I guess some of that tiefling trait did go to attract demons (sort family passed curse :P) and such and result Boris get close encounter with one and get exact same campaign trait. At least I think it would be more engaging and funnier relation and also give source for my char to have penance acts in regards her son which she neglected entirely.

MrBubbles

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 23, 2016, 05:48:43 AM
Considering my tiefling is 60 and she spend '20 years randomly wandering, fucking and drinking' across the world, so Boris may had been rare case scenario where she wound up pregnant and she dumbly forgot drink maiden's tea in time. She gave birth and literally abandoned her child onto someone (which wound up later on streets). Boris did not get any fiendish/tiefling traits from mother (the unnamed father been a human, probably a big and strong guy as Nanaly likes men big :P). So unlikely they do not know IC they are mother and son relation unless you check closer family semblances or such (or by divine magic or such is used).

But I guess some of that tiefling trait did go to attract demons (sort family passed curse :P) and such and result Boris get close encounter with one and get exact same campaign trait. At least I think it would be more engaging and funnier relation and also give source for my char to have penance acts in regards her son which she neglected entirely.

That would be a more engaging relation, I like it! Even fits neatly into the whole Wuxia theme too, since there's nothing quite as "classic" as discovering the fatherless/motherless character has been journeying with their parent the entire time. Now, all we need is for Nanaly to figure out the connection way before Boris does, which she probably will considering Boris isn't actually keeping an eye open for his birth parents.

Quote from: Skynet on September 23, 2016, 02:19:13 AM
Character Sheet is up! Tell me what you think!

In regards to the name, I figured that Mitsuyo's parents are mixed. One is a far-off traveler from Tian-Xia, the other a Mendevian native.

Mechanics are good, visible fluff is good (the whole "child of two worlds" thing is a classic.) The Tian parent doesn't actually have to be as far-off as you might think; the Land of the Linnorm Kings is fairly close to Mendev, and contains a large Tian population due to their connection with the Path of Aganhei, a land route that connects Avistan to Tian Xia. They're typically hardcore traditionalists and vaguely xenophobic (even the ones that are "fresh off the boat", so to speak) so you could play a lot with the ideas of "forbidden love" or challenging societal expectations to do what's right.

Ooh, just tossing lore out there now, but there was also a Worldwound-type situation in Tian Xia a long, long time before the events of this campaign; back when shit went belly-up in Golarion, the Qlippoth decided to try and invade Tian Xia through a tear in the planes and promptly got their asses handed to them by legions of angels who later turned the land into a realm of unmatched beauty. If I recall, the story of this event is well-known in Tian Xia.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: MrBubbles on September 23, 2016, 07:56:22 AM
That would be a more engaging relation, I like it! Even fits neatly into the whole Wuxia theme too, since there's nothing quite as "classic" as discovering the fatherless/motherless character has been journeying with their parent the entire time. Now, all we need is for Nanaly to figure out the connection way before Boris does, which she probably will considering Boris isn't actually keeping an eye open for his birth parents.

Yeah, we need figure out in-game how Nanaly figures it out in the end but it indeed fits Wuxian theme that protagonist (who was orphan) to travel with their parent in their journey :). Considering we both are warders we likely start split up party in first chapter but group gets together later on. Then we see how she reacts on discovery and will she start subtle penance acts towards Boris for being 'shitty mother' to him by just dumping him to random couple (who later abandoned Boris or left him).

Latooni Subota

Side info: There's actually a fair number of pockets of Tienese people around the inner sea nations. Varisia has a PRETTY IMPORTANT ONE (See: Jade Regent), and there's a surprisingly large amount of Tienese people in the Shackles. Then again, the Shackles has everything from islands of ghouls to a nation ruled by a red dragon :x

Latooni Subota

Double post for completed character!

Lissa Oddworthy, Stalker (Vigilante), Trickster Mythic Path
Lissa Oddworthy

Lissa Oddworthy is a young halfling woman born and raised in Kenabres, standing at an impressive (for a halfling) 3'2". While not the curviest halfling in Kenabres, she's actually rather proud of her smaller chest and (self-proclaimed) incredible ass, seeing it as making her a 'rare' speciment of halfling beauty! Clearly she doesn't suffer from a lack of confidence. Her white skin isn't quite pale, and she has a healthy smattering of freckles across her cheeks, her shoulders, the tops of her breasts, and a few other places. Her honey blonde hair is naturally a bit wavy, and she keeps at a manageable length at her shoulders, framing her expressive eyebrows and cheekbones, and emerald-green eyes. Never much of a fan of 'casual' peasant wear, she's pretty much spent the last several years making her leather armor a fashion statement. Not a surprise in a city like Kenabres where everyone wants to be ready to march on a moment's notice, but still. At her left hip rests a well-used Starknife, and a bandolier of slim stilettos is wrapped around her right thigh. While TOTALLY NOT A ROGUE, she keeps a thick, dark cloak with a good hood wrapped around her shoulders.

As befits her name, Lissa was always a bit of an odd duck. While not necessarily fearless, she was a proud girl with a thing for taking childish bets and getting in over her head. Taunts from the older boys led to her learning how to sneak into the barracks to prove how cool she was, and learn to throw a knife or dart and hit the bullseye every time. While cute enough she basically ended up being 'one of the boys', and when a truly dangerous bet to sneak out into the wilderness to try and see a demon came up, she was the only one with balls big enough to take it. She would've been captured by cultists for sure that day, if not for the timely intervention of an incredibly beautiful, but sad worshipper of Desna who came upon her and helped sneak her back on the path to Kenabres. Lissa shamelessly repeats the tale to any of her friends that would listen, of her first love who saved her from nasty cultists. In fact, it was this act of saving that lead her to worship Desna just like the older woman, and taking up the holy weapon of a Starknife for her personal weapon. She trained with the weapon (Forgive the pun) religiously, until she was convinced that she was the best in the city with the damn thing. As it is she's hoping for the opportunity to join in the next offensive on the Worldwound, and hopefully find that mysterious woman that saved her.

Premier

I'm not really familiar enough with the system for this I'm afraid so I'm going to bow out. Best of luck though! I'll watch to see how it goes.

Zaer Darkwail

You mean Path of War system? I think I and others would gladly give hints/tips (more so what maneuvers pick and trade later on).

Premier

I've never done Pathfinder and there is a heck of a lot of rules! I just don't really have any clue what to take.

MrBubbles

Quote from: Premier on September 24, 2016, 06:41:49 PM
I've never done Pathfinder and there is a heck of a lot of rules! I just don't really have any clue what to take.

What, for feats or for disciplines? We could help you out on either!

Premier

Disciplines, there's four I get as a class to pick from and then I can swap one somehow if I'm seeing this right?

Feats are a nightmare too!

Revelation

As a path of war class, you get access to a number of disciplines automatically. You don't have to choose from them, you get them. Basically, think of them as spell schools, except instead of necromancy or conjuration you get stabbing very hard or Iaijutsu. There's a trait you can pick that allows you to replace a discipline with another, and then potentially a Martial tradition, which allows you to replace a discipline with one specific to that group.

Premier

Seeing them as spell lists makes this a whole lot easier. Argh, I just need a good read. Okay! Still in it, reading now.

MrBubbles

As for feats, all you really need to know (for now) is there are some "must-have" feats for any martial in Pathfinder, and since you only have (1) feat at level 1 you should probably use it to get Power Attack.

That said, it really depends on the type of character Tevreh is! If you think she would focus more on accuracy than power, than Weapon Focus might be a better fit.

Zaer Darkwail

Aye, if you plan bash stuff hard as greatsword user, power attack is must take on first level. Many feats I eye for are beyond 1st level (I took extra preparation as I got 3 preps and 5 maneuvers and most of them were boosts or counter than strikes). As mentioned treat maneuvers like spells known to a sorcerer (you pick maneuver and use it in combat). Every class gets means to 'refresh' their maneuvers in combat but otherwise in start of combat you always have your prepared maneuvers ready.

But besides maneuvers you function and fight like a figther just with dozen extra tricks :)

MrBubbles

Exactly as Zaer said, treat maneuvers like they're melee-range spells you can cast while attacking the enemy.

For example, let's say Boris is against a particularly evil demon and he wants to kill it right now. Normally, Boris would attack the demon and hit it for 1d10+6+3 (1d10 being the weapon damage, +6 being his strength modifier for a two-handed weapon, and +3 being power attack), but since Boris wants this demon dead now, he uses Primal Wrath, which gives him a +6 to his attack damage since he's wielding a two-handed weapon. Now, Boris would be hitting the demon for 1d10+6+3+6, or 1d10+15

Zaer Darkwail

And if wondering how trip, grapple, bull rush etc works. It works so that you use CMB (combat maneuver bonus) which is your BAB+Str (unless having agile maneuvers feat which turns it to BAB+Dex). The feats like improved sunder improve CMB when using it and in case improved sunder also adds to your CMD to resist it (besides not provoking AoO). CMD is basically your 'defense' against to these sort things (plus some other special attacks). Foe needs surpass your CMD to trip, disarm, sunder etc (instead contested roll like in 3.5 edition).

CMD is then build on 10 + BAB + Str + Dex + (feats/class features etc).

Then only other pathfinder element which is off from 3.5 is the skill squish (decipher script/speak language/forgery got merged into one skill called linquistic in function example).

But we are here to help and give advices and tell how things work in pathfinder so do not be scared Premier :). We start in 1st level as well and not everyone is familiar with mythic rules (which will show up later in the adventure and no need concern with them expect know that campaign trait is related to mythic paths in the module, but GM can make expections likely for that).

Guancyto

Finally got an honest-to-goodness idea for a character.

Does the default Pathfinder setting include Warforged or sentient constructs in any way? I wanna play Steelfist Commando Robocop.

MrBubbles

Quote from: Guancyto on September 24, 2016, 09:12:21 PM
Finally got an honest-to-goodness idea for a character.

Does the default Pathfinder setting include Warforged or sentient constructs in any way? I wanna play Steelfist Commando Robocop.

It does, actually! You're looking for the Androids, which are synthetic Humans native to Numeria, which is a hop and skip away from Mendev.

Premier

God damn Half-Orcs are tall. Anywhere here's the sheet! I redid the background to be a bit more interesting and restyle her as a Wandering Scholar, which is nice and Wuxia. Admittedly one that's a bit more violent than most.

Tevreh Gnelm

Being raised by Orcs as a Half-Orc isn't easy, Tevreh was always tested to see if she really could hack it and when put up against a Demon it tore into her so badly that her victory over it seemed to be bitter sweet. But she survived, endured and changed from it. Feeling stronger and more sharp witted by the day she grew apart from the Orcs as her intellect seemed to catch fire and the blood of demons in her helped her to find a joy in the swift, brutal rhythm of combat that was missing before.

Tevreh is an intellectual who's happiest knee deep in blood and there isn't really a school for that. She's fought for money to go on books and teaching, all while unsure to where exactly her mind was taking her. She knew she had to fill up the piece of her that a demon had took with something but with the demon dead she's got no way to heal those wounds. It's made Demon's her favorite prey and a bit of a specialist subject for her, eventually she may even find a way to regain what she lost to them. Hopefully it wouldn't ruin her mind doing so, she quite likes being the smartest Half-Orc most people know.

Chulanowa

So I'm looking at either a Brutal Slayer stalker, or a Warlord (no archetype, or maybe Vanguard Commander.) He/She/It is likely to be human (possibly Skinwalker, half-orc, or other "partial human") hailing from That Place Characters Never Come From - the Realm of the Mammoth Lords! That's right folks, I'm looking at bringing a Kellid caveperson to the game. Basic premise; the worldwound is per story encroaching on the Realm... this character gets wind of this "crusade" and takes the long way around to see what they can do. So definitely aiming for a "stranger in a strange land" vibe, and very definitely going ot lean heavy on the Primal Fury andm aybe one of hte ranged-heavy Disciplines (since we seem to be lacking there)

indarkestknight

I haven't had a chance to look over everyone's stuff extensively just yet, but I'll comb through them carefully soon – late tomorrow, or, more likely, Monday. Once I have everyone's sheets and backstories in, I'll fire this up.

Premier, if you have any questions or need any help navigating Pathfinder (or, as it's sometimes called, Mathfinder), I'll be more than happy to help, and I'm sure everyone else in the group would be too, because I have never known a player who doesn't love building characters.

Now, glancing over Tevreh, I'd probably prioritize Strength over Intelligence: while you add half your Int to attack vs Claimed opponents, you have a better chance to land hits if you put your 18 into Strength and your 14 or 15 into Int, and generally speaking, most maneuvers require you to land a hit to activate.

That said, looking over your backstory, there is a heavy emphasis on her Intelligence, and if it's more fun for you to play her with her current stat spread, don't let me discourage you. What's most important isn't building the most powerful character possible, it's having fun.

Exposed to Awfulness is associated with the Guardian mythic path, which is largely defensive in nature. If you want to bolster your character's survivability, it's a solid choice. If you're looking to be more of an offense-oriented character, you may want to trade it in for Stolen Fury.

Chulanowa, one option would be to have your character's Kellid forebears actually be refugees who fled to the Realm of the Mammoth Lords when Sarkoris, a Kellid realm, was consumed by the Worldwound, if you'd like to tie your character's backstory even more tightly to the Crusades and the Worldwound.

Chulanowa

Question, since reading up on RotML popped it into my head... would a half-giant (from DSP's Psionics Unleashed) be acceptable, race-wise?

Premier

Quote from: indarkestknight on September 25, 2016, 01:45:07 AM
I haven't had a chance to look over everyone's stuff extensively just yet, but I'll comb through them carefully soon – late tomorrow, or, more likely, Monday. Once I have everyone's sheets and backstories in, I'll fire this up.

Premier, if you have any questions or need any help navigating Pathfinder (or, as it's sometimes called, Mathfinder), I'll be more than happy to help, and I'm sure everyone else in the group would be too, because I have never known a player who doesn't love building characters.

Now, glancing over Tevreh, I'd probably prioritize Strength over Intelligence: while you add half your Int to attack vs Claimed opponents, you have a better chance to land hits if you put your 18 into Strength and your 14 or 15 into Int, and generally speaking, most maneuvers require you to land a hit to activate.

That said, looking over your backstory, there is a heavy emphasis on her Intelligence, and if it's more fun for you to play her with her current stat spread, don't let me discourage you. What's most important isn't building the most powerful character possible, it's having fun.

Exposed to Awfulness is associated with the Guardian mythic path, which is largely defensive in nature. If you want to bolster your character's survivability, it's a solid choice. If you're looking to be more of an offense-oriented character, you may want to trade it in for Stolen Fury.

Yeah a shame I didn't get many high rolls really. My stat spreads weren't that exciting. I'll go with Int over Strength though, it unlocks quite a lot of nice stuff for me as it goes on and it fits the character as a Wandering Scholar archetype.

Swapped Exposed to Awfulness for Stolen Fury. Not that different really, her combat trials could have easily been a ritual!

Latooni Subota

Here's a question: How many people are gonna get accepted into the game? :x

indarkestknight

Quote from: Chulanowa on September 25, 2016, 02:07:59 AM
Question, since reading up on RotML popped it into my head... would a half-giant (from DSP's Psionics Unleashed) be acceptable, race-wise?

For now, we'll be sticking to Paizo races. No 3pp races, not even Dreamscarred Press.

Quote from: Premier on September 25, 2016, 06:25:15 AM
Swapped Exposed to Awfulness for Stolen Fury. Not that different really, her combat trials could have easily been a ritual!

Regarding Stolen Fury...

QuoteMultiple Characters: You and any other PC who takes this trait were all part of the same ritual, and it was only by working together that you managed to escape—further, the support of your fellow ritual survivors has played a key role in your coming to terms with it, and you retain a close bond of friendship (or perhaps a friendly rivalry) to this day.

So Premier and Changingsaint, please see if you can find a way to reconcile your backstories to accommodate for this.

Quote from: Latooni Subota on September 25, 2016, 09:16:19 AM
Here's a question: How many people are gonna get accepted into the game? :x

While I'll be cutting off new interest for now, as long as everyone interested submits a character sheet, I'd like for everyone who's expressed interest to get a chance to play.

The plan is, currently, to have the two groups split up for the introduction but eventually have a chance to interact before the first leg of the adventure path has run its course. That said, it could result in less backstory wrangling if this was split into two separate campaigns playing the same adventure path. Players, what's your preference?

Latooni Subota

I'd suggest two separate groups, personally. Pathfinder is slow enough via play by post with 3 or 4 players, let alone a large group. Plus less need to fiddle with backstory, of course.

indarkestknight

I'm aware of how slow pbp is, which is one of the reasons I decided to split the party due to the volume of interest.

On the other hand, the benefit of a single campaign, even with players divided into two parties, is that any attrition due to players dropping wouldn't require new recruits.

indarkestknight

Going through character sheets one by one. Will update this post after I finish combing through a character sheet.

Changingsaint
• As you are using your Charisma modifier instead of your Dexterity modifier for Perform (dance), it does not suffer from the armor check penalty.
• Please list somewhere on your sheet which disciplines you have access to.
• Please note which discipline you traded out for Unquiet Grave somewhere on your sheet.
• Please note your allegiance benefit from the Empyreal Guardians somewhere on your sheet.
• Looks like you should have 19 gp, 2 sp, & 7 cp left, by my count. One set of clothes should be free, of course, but that doesn't account for all of it.

Zaer Darkwail
• Spiked gauntlets are piercing, not bludgeoning.
• Please note your allegiance benefit somewhere on your sheet. Even 'Crashing Tempest Academy Allegiance Benefit' is fine.
• Do note that if you have enacted the ritual from your Allegiance Benefit, it requires 100 gp of special materials.
• Giant isn't a language Tieflings can learn without first taking ranks of Linguistics. On the upside, you gain Abyssal or Infernal for free, so you can know as many as five languages to start without Linguistics.
• Please note which maneuvers you have readied.
• While tattoos technically have a price, I won't charge for them at char-gen. If you'd like to get additional tattoos at some point down the line, however, expect to pay for them.
• The Survivor trait is Narrows Survivor from Taldor, Echoes of Glory. Since Taldor is already part of her backstory, it shouldn't be hard to work a period surviving on the streets of Oppara.

MrBubbles
• Insight bonuses to Armor Class increase CMD by a like amount.
• Halberds are piercing or slashing, not piercing and slashing.
• You forgot your trait bonus to Heal from Caretaker.
• Did you take average wealth for your starting wealth? If so, you should have 60 gp, 9 sp, 5 sp left (remember, you get one set of clothes worht up to 10 gp for free).

Skynet
• You can only take one trait of each type. As such, because both Unorthodox Style and Demon Slayer are combat traits, you'll need to replace one with a social, faith, magic, race, or regional trait.
• Did you ever reroll that 1 from your starting wealth? Right now it looks to me like your equipment totals 267 gp.

Latooni Subota
• Remember, Halflings that begin knowing multiple languages due to high intelligence are limited to choosing from Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, and Goblin.
• Reactionary grants +2 to Initiative. Having trouble figuring out where the other Misc +2 to initiative is coming from, and the Misc +2 to to Reflex on top of halfling luck.
• For some strange reason you seem to have ACP -6. Might wanna fix that.
• Don't forget your +4 size bonus to Stealth.
• Not something you need to change, but the times I've played halflings, I've been pretty fond of Fleet of Foot. Just an option, if you want to take it.
• By my count you should have 14 gp, 5 sp left over. Remember, first outfit's free. Also, I forgot to roll your wealth sooner. Sorry about that. My roll didn't beat yours, though.

Premier

• Did you take average wealth? By my math your equipment totals 111 gp, 1 sp, which, combined with your liquid assets, makes 175 gp, which confuses me a little.
• Power Attack requires BAB +1.
• You can only pick one trait of each type. Both Finish the Fight and Lasting Ferociousness are race traits, so you'll need to swap one out for a faith trait, a combat trait, a social trait, a regional trait, etc.
• You get a favored class bonus – when you first create your character, you pick one class as your favored class. Every level in that class you take, you get a favored class bonus – either a bonus hit point or a bonus skill point, or, as a half-orc, you can gain a +1/4 bonus on damage rolls when using strikes from the harbinger’s dark focus disciplines. (So you have to choose that 4 times in a row before you start seeing any benefit from it.)
• Please note which maneuvers you have prepared.
• Not something you're required to do, but a neat trick for half-orcs, if you're interested. You can trade in orc ferocity for sacred tattoo to get a +1 luck bonus to all saves. If you then take Fate's Favored as one of your traits, it boosts the luck bonus to all your saves to +2. Combining the two is basically getting Iron Will, Lighting Reflexes, and Great Fortitude.

ShadowFox89
• I assume despite having the flavor of being oni-spawn, you're using generic tiefling stats rather than the oni-spawn stats?
• Brass knuckles should only be 1 gp apiece.
• Remember to mark which maneuvers you have readied.
• Let me know when the sheet's complete and I'll go over it again.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, edited my sheet accordingly. I thought she could had learned Giant from her inner demon (oni).

indarkestknight

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 27, 2016, 05:17:53 AM
Ok, edited my sheet accordingly. I thought she could had learned Giant from her inner demon (oni).

She can! If she takes a rank of linguistics.  :P

indarkestknight

Or, you know, if she decides to use the retraining rules to learn additional languages instead, she'll always be treated as having a trainer in Giant, though she'll still need to pay the training cost.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, but knowing giant is not that major a deal though. Just thought flavorful for her know giant because his inner demon/oni spoke of it (besides abyssal/draconic etc). As giant is one older/ancient languages besides sylvan what a kami may had known in life.

Chulanowa

Premier

Fixed the errors on my sheet!

Yes I took average gold, I just tracked it badly it seems. Also how can I pass up mystical tattoo's? Just too cool not to take.

Latooni Subota

Always thought that starting languages thing was dumb, especially considering I'm a Kenabres native so planar languages should be fairly well-known. :x
I forgot to change my initiative after I swapped to a different stance, is the answer to question two.
No idea why I had that check penalty. Re-inputed my armor to fix it.
I . . totally forgot my size bonus. Nuts.
Dunno what was up with my gold calculation. Probably something went screwy with my math after I swapped out weapons for tools. Fixed it.

Everything should be okay now. Probably.

Revelation

Changes should be done, and replaced my +1 HP with a 1/6th of a combat feat instead from favored class bonuses.

ShadowFox89

I may have some suggested house rules from one of Path of War's writers >.>
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Chulanowa

Work chewed me up yesterday (I appreciate the money from a second shift, but it's... tiring.) So I didn't get to work on this like I'd hoped. Thankfully, most of the idea is in my head, so the trick is putting it all down into text today. I'm not sure on the campaign trait or mythic path yet... except that Archmage is a no-go obviously  O8) What campaign traits are already "in play"?

Name:  Kalti Twice-Scarred
Race: Idyllkin Aasimar (Kellid ethnicity)
Class: Warlord (no Archetype)
Sheet

Background
Kalti hails from the cold steppes east of the Tusk Mountains, Grandaughter of the Chieftain of the Rawbone tribe under the small Running Bear Gathering. Her conception was a surprise, and the Witch-Mothers held it as a good omen for the tribe; after all her father, Verttu Who Walks Twice, survived an attack from a rhinoceros that should have made such a conception... difficult, let's say. The witch-mothers' omens were proven true when the girl came from the womb painlessly with eyes that shone like stars and a coat of fine feathers that fell away shortly after birth. And the Rawbone needed an omen, for they were at war. From her earliest days, Kalti learned of war and danger and leadership; Giants raided from the north,rabid orcs from the south, and terrible demons made incursions from the east. Beset so, even chieftain's daughters - maybe especially chieftain's daughters - needed to know their way around a weapon.

All was not blood and bone, though. Day-to-day life on the steppes was hard, but Kalti and her people knew no easier. She had no shortage of suitors, male and female alike, bringing her their songs, bringing trophies, or simply promising quick kisses and deft hands in the alder breaks. She studied with the Witch-Mothers for a time, learning strange things about herself and the history of hte world that made her head spin - she eas clearly not destined to walk the path of magic, they concluded. Instead she focused on learning to rule, and learning to fight.

Her grandfather's funeral was a raucus affair; among the tribes it is believed that a man who outwits death long enough grows bored and goes seeking death on his own terms; Hruth of the Seven Spears was such a man, who had seen eighty-five seasons, had as many scars as members of his tribe, and who had gone looking for death with a woman atop him. The whole of the Rawbone tribe, and many others from the Running Bear Gathering beside came to drink and tell tales of Hruth and couple in hopes of bringing his spirit back to the tribe. By early evening the western steppes were alive with fires and the sounds of Kellid warriors and spearwomen celebrating life in spite of death. Apparently death took offense, or maybe the sentinels were just roaring drunk themselves; the attack of Abyss-spawn from the East went unnoticed until they were almost at Hruth's pyre, . In the end, most of the Rawbone were dead, Hruth's corpse had been taken as a prize by the surviving demons, and Kalti bore her father's sword; a dead man can't lift it, after all.

With the burning blood of one of the monsters she had slain, Kalti marked herself for vengeance, and began her travels. She knew of a great war on the far side of the foul Eastern lands, great warriors of all lands imaginable beating back the fiends through the sheer power of glory. Getting there has been the tricky part; the lands of the Mammoth Lords are isolated, and paths through Belkzen and Ustulav are barely safer than walking through the Worldwound itself. Kalti has seen an enormous amount of the world (or so she feels) in a surprisingly brief period of time. Her Taldane is halting and badly-accented, and she is obviously an outsider, a barbarian wherever she goes. Those she has shared her story with call her a "crusader" though, and most seem to offer her respect for that. Now she is to Kaenbraes, starting point of her final destination.

indarkestknight

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on September 28, 2016, 11:49:50 AM
I may have some suggested house rules from one of Path of War's writers >.>

By all means, share with the class.

Quote from: Chulanowa on September 28, 2016, 01:18:12 PM
What campaign traits are already "in play"?

Chance Encounter (Trickster)
• Lissa Oddworthy (Halfling Stalker), played by Latooni Subota
Child of the Crusades (Marshal)
• Nishikawa Mitsuyo (Human Zealot), played by Skynet
Exposed to Awfulness (Guardian)
• Boris Kaminski (Human Warder), played by MrBubbles
• Nanaly Felsoul (Tiefling Warder), played by Zaer Darkwail
Stolen Fury (Champion)
• Sebastian Durand (Human Warlord), played by Changingsaint
• Tevreh Gnelm (Half-Orc Harbinger), played by Premier
???
• Katherine (Tiefling Mystic), played by ShadowFox89

Aside from Latooni, does anyone else want to weigh in with an opinion on two separate campaigns vs one campaign with two separated groups to start?

Guancyto

oh shit, am I the only one who hasn't finished their character?

blarg.

indarkestknight

Quote from: Guancyto on September 28, 2016, 04:09:48 PM
oh shit, am I the only one who hasn't finished their character?

blarg.

A couple sheets are still incomplete, and Snake expressed interest six days ago, but hasn't been heard from since.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: indarkestknight on September 28, 2016, 03:53:20 PM
Aside from Latooni, does anyone else want to weigh in with an opinion on two separate campaigns vs one campaign with two separated groups to start?

I myself fine either way. But if have to cast vote, my vote would go single campaign but two groups (may cause extra work for GM to create/think content for second group to do or somehow participate other way in campaign).

Premier

If it's a published campaign it's only meant for one group right?

Two separate campaigns would make more sense.

Revelation

I can go either way. Two groups would make things go faster, but one group is less damaged by people dropping.

Guancyto

I don't mind either way.

I'm looking at the Child of the Crusades trait (got a ranged-and-water-focused Mystic sketched out), apparently everyone who chooses that is supposed to be siblings, so, Skynet, how do you feel about that? :P

Mechanics here, need starting gold and pretty much everything else as well.

indarkestknight

For anyone having trouble reconciling backgrounds due to shared campaign traits, that's a valid reason to vote for two separate campaigns.

MrBubbles

I'm with Premier on this one; the campaign was designed for four people, and we've got eight(?). Two separate campaigns should work the best.

Chulanowa

Yeah, two groups of four would be best. Wrath of the Righteous already works "wonky", doubling the cast would just make it a cakewalk

indarkestknight

In case we do go in that direction, could everyone PM me their preferences, if any, as to who they'd like to have in their party? For instance, if you have a hard time reconciling backstories with other players who have taken the same campaign trait, or, conversely, if there's someone you're hoping to be in the same party as. Premier, for instance, mentioned she's looking for another PC that might put her character on the path to becoming a better person. Even if you have no preference, please still let me know you have no preference.

Chulanowa

And there, got a more-or-less ready sheet going. I'm going for a Marshal build with a lean towards big attacks and intimidate... though? Part of me also wants to go ranged, sinply becuase it seems a spot we could use. Hmmmm.

indarkestknight

Quote from: Guancyto on September 28, 2016, 05:54:35 PMI'm looking at the Child of the Crusades trait (got a ranged-and-water-focused Mystic sketched out), apparently everyone who chooses that is supposed to be siblings, so, Skynet, how do you feel about that? :P

Not strictly accurate. Everyone who takes Child of the Crusades should be family – siblings is possible, but cousins or even more distant family ties are on the table, too. However, you must be aware of those family ties.

Chulanowa, Guancyto, Shadow Fox89, is there anything any of you three need from me to help you complete your character sheets? Please let me know once they're ready, and I'll look them over.

Is there anything else anyone needs from me at this point?

ShadowFox89

Need to finish with traits, equipment, and get some actual fluff written down instead of a bunch of quicknotes.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Chulanowa

It looks like I might need to re-think my direction. Someday I'll get to play a badass mammoth lord. Someday. Man, there need to be some adventure paths or modules set out there, huh?

Skynet

Quote from: indarkestknight on September 27, 2016, 01:26:35 AM
Going through character sheets one by one. Will update this post after I finish combing through a character sheet.

Skynet
• You can only take one trait of each type. As such, because both Unorthodox Style and Demon Slayer are combat traits, you'll need to replace one with a social, faith, magic, race, or regional trait.
• Did you ever reroll that 1 from your starting wealth? Right now it looks to me like your equipment totals 267 gp.

Alright, will drop Demon Slayer and exchange for Avid Reader (Knowledge-Planes) as my Social Trait.

Never rerolled that one apparently; didn't know you could do that. Well in that case...

Rerolled for 4, for 30 extra gp!

Revised sheet here.

Quote from: Guancyto on September 28, 2016, 05:54:35 PM

I'm looking at the Child of the Crusades trait (got a ranged-and-water-focused Mystic sketched out), apparently everyone who chooses that is supposed to be siblings, so, Skynet, how do you feel about that? :P

Fine with me!

Guancyto

That was all I needed, really! Well, that and it makes my fluff-bits way easier because I can steal half of them from sis.

Character picture isn't great but serviceable for now and I can look for a better one as we go.

Updated sheet.

indarkestknight

Still waiting on hearing back from Shadow Fox89, Changingsaint, and Premier regarding party composition preferences.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

indarkestknight

Still one player I haven't heard back from yet, but moving forward on sorting people into campaigns, though this isn't set in stone. Tried my best to accommodate people as much as possible without ending up with... well, an eight person party.

Campaign Alpha
• Katherine (Tiefling Mystic/???), played by ShadowFox89
• Nanaly Felsoul (Tiefling Warder/Guardian), played by Zaer Darkwail
• Nishikawa Mitsuyo (Human Zealot/Marshal), played by Skynet
• Sebastian Durand (Human Warlord/Champion), played by Changingsaint

Campaign Omega
• Boris Kaminski (Human Warder/Guardian), played by MrBubbles
• Lissa Oddworthy (Halfling Stalker/Trickster), played by Latooni Subota
• Nishikawa Mei (Human Mystic/Marshal), played by Guancyto
• Tevreh Gnelm (Half-Orc Harbinger/Champion), played by Premier

You're welcome to rename your campaign groups.

Chulanowa has, at least for now, bowed out, though he has an open invitation to join us should he change his mind.

Snake, however, will be joining us after all.

ShadowFox89, you mentioned some houserules from one of the Path of War writers? If you would be so kind as to share?

indarkestknight

I reserve the right to change my mind on these at a later point.

However, if you disagree, I encourage you to speak up. I will take it into consideration.

QuoteRemove weapon restrictions on disciplines. The way a maneuver is initiated (melee, ranged, or both) determines what weapons it can be used with. EXCEPTION: Things that refer to unarmed strikes still only work on unarmed strikes; when /that/ was done, it was done as a balance concern rather than a fluff restriction.

Heh. I wonder if they realize that they hadn't actually spelled out anywhere in Path of War that discipline maneuvers require discipline weapons. Or, at least, if they did, I couldn't find it. This was already how I was ruling.

Quote- The +2 to save DCs for using a discipline weapon is gone. Replace it with a flat +2 to all maneuver save DCs. Base DC 12 + maneuver level + stat mod.

- Potentially worth doing: maneuver save DCs are equal to 12 + 1/2 initiator level + initiation modifier, rather than being based on maneuver level.

For now, I'm going to say no to this. I like there being some benefit to using a discipline's favored weapons.

Quote- Mystic, Warder, Warlord, and Zealot are changed to use the updated Archetype Maneuver Progression listed in Path of War: Expanded

Yikes. Limiting four five of six classes to capping out at 6th level maneuvers. This could make my job as a DM a lot easier, but it would be pretty rough on anyone not playing a Harbinger or Stalker. I'm undecided on this one.

EDIT:

Quote- Stalker defaults to an Int- or Wis-based (player's choice) Vigilante Stalker (see PoW E). It likewise runs on the Archetype Maneuver Progression. At a player's option they can use normal Deadly Strikes instead of Sneak Attack... but I'd caution against it because they're underwhelming and best used in a way that runs counter to PoW's ideas.

Missed that line about Archetype Maneuver Progression. Wow. So he... basically is of the opinion that only Harbingers should get 7th through 9th level maneuvers?

/EDIT

Quote- Allow up to one free discipline swap to any character. If the player and GM want, instead use or write a custom Martial Tradition.

Between Unorthodox Method and Martial Traditions offering characters ways to swap disciplines, I'm inclined to say characters have enough options to customize their access to disciplines even without this houserule.

I have no strong opinions on the rest. How does everyone else feel about them?

Revelation

Limiting my warlord powers to level 6 for an arbitrary and non explained reason feels kinda shitty, so... Yeah, can we not do that?

Guancyto

Mystic is sort of "I have all the powers" so not getting the higher-tier goodies seems odd. Wonder what's so special about Harbinger?

So yeah, let's not do that. The others look fine though, although I don't really know the system well enough to evaluate far-reaching consequences or anything.

Zaer Darkwail

All other stuff looked fine to me (albeit I agree we can stick with that using discipline weapons add +2 to save DC's as not all maneuvers have save DC with them anyways), however limiting all classes expect Harbingers to 6th level maneuvers is a no-no from me. We are going for anyways a mythic campaign so locking down the maneuver list just to 6th level (for no good reason) is bad for me.

indarkestknight

Quote from: Changingsaint on October 04, 2016, 03:13:15 AM
Limiting my warlord powers to level 6 for an arbitrary and non explained reason feels kinda shitty, so... Yeah, can we not do that?

Considering as the only Warlord you're the one most affected by this (especially since you chose to take Victory Gambit), how do you feel about the suggested changes to Victory Gambit?

Premier

I've no idea about game balance so I'm good with whatever you want.

Revelation

Quote from: indarkestknight on October 04, 2016, 07:50:43 AM
Considering as the only Warlord you're the one most affected by this (especially since you chose to take Victory Gambit), how do you feel about the suggested changes to Victory Gambit?

The change feels... Eh, alright?

Removing the luck bonus to the attack rolls makes it feel balanced but it is a nerf to the gambit basically. Which while i'm okay with, I won't exactly advocate as being fun or 'good', only 'right'.

Snake

I'm here with a char I submited to Darkest for review: a Pitborn (Demon spawn) Tiefling Discordant Crusader. :3 that specializes in the Black Seraph Style

I'll put it here for everyone else's opinion too, why not.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=966340

MrBubbles

Warder's getting locked to archetype progression... Why? That just doesn't make sense to me, and it really locks you out on the higher-tier strikes n' stances that would really stand out in a Mythic campaign. I'm voting hard against that.

Quote from: Snake on October 04, 2016, 03:07:46 PM
I'm here with a char I submited to Darkest for review: a Pitborn (Demon spawn) Tiefling Discordant Crusader. :3 that specializes in the Black Seraph Style

I'll put it here for everyone else's opinion too, why not.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=966340

I like her! She's got a good "rage incarnate" feel you'd expect from a Zealot, it also helps that she's very cute.

Snake

She's a Zealot Discordant Crusader, Bubbles. But yes :3

Oh and she's cute? Don't tell her that, she'll gutpunch you for it.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Snake on October 05, 2016, 01:28:08 PM
Oh and she's cute? Don't tell her that, she'll gutpunch you for it.

Oh, Nanaly would not call her cute; bur rather completely-bangable-sexy.

Snake

As a succubi-heritage Tiefling, she's supposed to be. And she hates it. She thinks that the flirtation is all shallow and pointless.

Her Stolen Fury Trait comes from, not the suggested ritual in the Players' guide, but she was a virgin sacrifice and was raped by an incubus when she was 16.  Which is how she uses Black Seraph, the demon seed she absorbed infused her with the power to use it.

For it though; she absolutely hates demons and worships Gorum cuz he's the only deity that seems to enjoy the fact that she'd stomp a demon into a puddle of ichor then light it on fire with a vial of holy water just to watch it burn.

But she can use holy based powers too from Silver Crane Style (discordant crusader ability) which is like her trying to keep herself "good".

I had an idea that later she doesn't go mythic like the rest. she instead uses a mythic wish to become a mythic Erinyes or something, because her hate of demons is too strong. If that were even possible.

Zaer Darkwail

Hates demons so much she would willingly become a devil? All fine with that XD. However Nanaly's case it's not matter are you tiefling, elf, human or anything; if she thinks your hot then your hot and thusly something which she would willingly fuck. So it's not about 'your sexy because your succubus sort' or anything like that. But it's true her flirts and such are shallow as she is not looking make lasting relationship (atm anyways) with anyone. He just would want sex just for enjoyment (and sex in itself is not sinful or evil as anything which is alive and even some undead; fuck things and love doing so).

Snake

Indeed. But Mila's scarred by it; it doesn't even register to her as a possibility anymore. 

I'm not sure which mythic path would work for her if super powered erinyes is out XD

Zaer Darkwail

Champion perhaps, it's keyed to stolen fury anyways. Champion is one going bashing demons on face hard.

Snake

Sounds about right.

Stomping demon faces is what she's really good at, though I imagine she'd just probably alignment shift several times though given that aggressive reaction.

indarkestknight

Generally looks like people don't like switching to archetype progression, and having given it some consideration, I concur. Whether or not it's more 'balanced', this is intended to be a Path of War campaign, so only giving Harbingers 7th, 8th, and 9th level maneuvers doesn't really fit what I'm going for.

Quote from: Snake on October 05, 2016, 01:59:36 PMHer Stolen Fury Trait comes from, not the suggested ritual in the Players' guide, but she was a virgin sacrifice and was raped by an incubus when she was 16.  Which is how she uses Black Seraph, the demon seed she absorbed infused her with the power to use it.

While it wasn't the exact ritual suggested by the Player's Guide, I will note that in order to have the Stolen Fury trait, the character must have been tainted by a ritual by demons or demonic cultists that was disrupted or interrupted before reaching completion. Violation by an incubus can count for that, so long as it was part of the ritual. Otherwise, Exposed to Awfulness would be appropriate.

The same applies to Tevreh and the demon that she survived an encounter with in her backstory.

Quote from: Snake on October 05, 2016, 01:59:36 PMI had an idea that later she doesn't go mythic like the rest. she instead uses a mythic wish to become a mythic Erinyes or something, because her hate of demons is too strong. If that were even possible.

It would be a pretty challenging finding someone (or, rather, something) able to cast that mythic wish and willing to cast it for her. And it seems very... odd to make a wish and go straight from a Chaotic Good worshipper of Gorum all the way to a Lawful Evil erinyes. I'm not saying it's impossible – but it would probably be an endgame / late-game side-quest.

That said, the Hellknights, an knightly order modeling themselves after Hell itself, prizing law and order above all else, are a presence within the Crusades. Though there are more evil Hellknights than good Hellknights, they accept lawful good, lawful neutral, and lawful evil characters alike. I was thinking they probably were among the most common practitioners of Black Seraph among the Crusaders. If you decide to give her a more lawful bent, you could have her join them.

Due to last-minute amendments to party composition preferences, I will be dividing you into a trio of campaigns, three characters each. ShadowFox89, before I can finalize these parties, I'll need you to select a campaign trait and commit to which mythic path your character will eventually walk.

Later tonight I'll be going through character sheets again. Once the campaign groups are set and at least one group has their backstories and character sheets sorted, I'll start working on getting an opening scene up.

indarkestknight

Changingsaint, Zaer, MrBubbles, you're all set.

Skynet
• Your starting wealth is 260 gp. Your equipment, including the masterwork cost for your armored coat, is 267 gp.
• A brief backstory writeup, please.

Latooni Subota
• There's still a mysterious +2 to your Reflex save on top of your +1 from Halfling luck that I can't seem to account for.

Premier
• You gained Sacred Tattoos by trading out Orc Ferocity, so that goes under your racial features like darkvision and weapon familiarity. As such, you still have one trait left – you can still pick Finish the Fight as your second trait along with Fate's Favored.
• See note in this post regarding Stolen Fury.

ShadowFox89
• Still have to pick out two traits, one of which needs to be a campaign trait.
• Please mark which of your maneuvers are readied, and which are flagged as being automatically granted.
• A brief backstory writeup, please.

Guancyto
• Banjo is not a permitted divinity.
• Naginata have their own stats. Slashing reach weapons, like glaives, but unlike glaives they deal 1d8 base damage and have a x4 crit multiplier. They cost 35 gp.
• Please mark which of your maneuvers are readied, and which are flagged as being automatically granted.
• Have you applied a favored class bonus yet?
• A brief backstory writeup, please

Snake
• Remember Pitborn suffer a -2 racial penalty to Intelligence.
• Please mark which maneuvers you have readied.
• Did you assume average wealth?
• Since I haven't made any rulings regarding drawbacks, here goes: you're welcome to take drawbacks if you like for flavor reasons, but at the moment, you won't be compensated with bonus traits.
• You still have room for one more trait.
• A brief backstory writeup, please.

Guancyto

Quote from: indarkestknight on October 06, 2016, 02:19:33 AM• Banjo is not a permitted divinity.

Nah, that's just what they want you to believe.  ;)

(It totally wasn't a placeholder because I know nothing about Golarion deities and they aren't on the SRD...)

indarkestknight

Link to the Pathfinder wiki's list of Avistan's core 20 deities.

If you just want to know their alignments and portfolios at a glance, a chart is available here. Followers of good gods are, in general, appropriate. Especially Iomedae and Desna, and Sarenrae's themes are a good thematic fit for the campaign. But, again, none of the good gods are inappropriate choices.

Skynet

@indarkestnight: in that case I'll drop the light crossbow and 20 bolts to get 37 gp back, leaving 30 gp in the wallet. With that, I'll buy 8 darts for 4 gp total, leaving at 26.

Backstory: Mitsuyo was on the border when darkness fell. It was not the darkness of stormclouds, nor the onset of night, but a huge, indescribable, thing crawling across the horizon. Light itself seemed to fade, and even valiant paladins seemed to freeze and keel over without a mark of frost nor wound on their bodies. This was but one of many nameless demons coming in through the tear in reality, but it was enough to kill the entire militia and blight the fields with ash.

Her father and mother stood firm, ordering her to get on the wagon and escape with the others before all was lost. She did not want to leave them, but the grasping hand of her aunt forced her onto the cart. One would think to take one last look at their hometown and their parents' noble sacrifice, but Mitsuyo dared not look; she knew it would be the last she saw of them, and could not confront this fact. She dived under a fur blanket, squeezing her eyes shut until they hurt, trying to will herself out of the nightmare.

This was 4 years ago. But it feels like a distant memory. Mitsuyo dedicated her life to never be a victim again, to not run away or let others force her retreat. She would stand fast against the Worldwound and not give it any more ground!

Mitsuyo trained in a temple of Iomedae in Nerosyn, Mendev's capital. Her single-mindedness and desire to prove that she's "not a little girl but a warrior" earned her a reputation as one of the initiates with a greater death wish than others. "We are all willing to give our lives to Good," one of her peers said. "But when a martyr claims that you're reckless, perhaps it's time to reconsider your options?"

It was likely this personality trait which prevented her from becoming a paladin. But all the same her zeal is all the stronger, if not more so.

Revelation

Quote from: indarkestknight on October 06, 2016, 02:19:33 AM
Changingsaint, , you're all set.

Excellent!

Now, I am curious. This is going to make me sound like a pervert, but this is Elliquiy - plus I am not trying to be a total pervert. Is erotic content expected in the game(s)? I haven't really seen much discussion about that at all in the adventure here, so I wasn't sure if this was to be more smut free or if no one had asked yet and I get to be the perv asking about smut. I didn't really join the game for it - more just to play a snazzy PoW character, i'll admit. But it's elliquiy.

indarkestknight

Skynet, you're all set, then.

Quote from: Changingsaint on October 06, 2016, 03:27:28 AM
Now, I am curious. This is going to make me sound like a pervert, but this is Elliquiy - plus I am not trying to be a total pervert. Is erotic content expected in the game(s)? I haven't really seen much discussion about that at all in the adventure here, so I wasn't sure if this was to be more smut free or if no one had asked yet and I get to be the perv asking about smut. I didn't really join the game for it - more just to play a snazzy PoW character, i'll admit. But it's elliquiy.

I suppose, if people wanted, I could throw in a few unnatural lust traps or tentacle monsters here and there, but by and large that isn't really the focus of the adventure path. I don't discourage erotic content, however, and, say, if all members of the party are defeated, or a member of the party gets absconded with, scenes of dubious consent or non-con are on the table, with the important caveat that all players in the given campaign are okay with that. I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable, so if you want to opt out of any scenes of dubious consent or non-con, your character won't be subject to them.

That said, some sections of the adventure will have more opportunity for erotic content than others. The titular Midnight Isles of the fourth leg of the AP are the Abyssal domain of the demon lord of lust herself, and the AP gives you a chance to brave them.

Revelation

Quote from: indarkestknight on October 06, 2016, 03:40:47 AM
Skynet, you're all set, then.

I suppose, if people wanted, I could throw in a few unnatural lust traps or tentacle monsters here and there, but by and large that isn't really the focus of the adventure path. I don't discourage erotic content, however, and, say, if all members of the party are defeated, or a member of the party gets absconded with, scenes of dubious consent or non-con are on the table, with the important caveat that all players in the given campaign are okay with that. I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable, so if you want to opt out of any scenes of dubious consent or non-con, your character won't be subject to them.

That said, some sections of the adventure will have more opportunity for erotic content than others. The titular Midnight Isles of the fourth leg of the AP are the Abyssal domain of the demon lord of lust herself, and the AP gives you a chance to brave them.

That's about the answer I expected. I am a sucker for romance in games 'n all, but I guess we'll see what happens! Should be fun in any case.

Snake

I've already applied the modifiers to Mila. I just rolled kinda high which is why I used Tiefling to bring some of the scores back down without feeling neutered. (After all we're supposed to at least have the potential to be great in the AP and too-low scores sort of take some of that away.)

I rolled for wealth and wound up with like 10 gold over the average.

She has a drawback: Umbral Unmasking, If people pass a DC: 15 Perception check; they see she has a demonic-winged and possibly horned shadow (Umbral Unmasking is from Champions of Corruption page 30. giving you either no shadow or  a monstrous shadow)

I'm altering Mila's Alignment to Lawful Evil

She's a worshipper of Asmodeus after being rescued from the Ritual mentioned in "Stolen Fury"; since she'd witnessed the Hellknights annihilating the cultist that abducted her and eliminated the Incubus that'd been raping her at the time

And my opinion on Lust or tentacle monsters: I'm all for it. I sort of wouldn't expect less; if nothing mor than the suffering it'd cause; demons would normally love to try and impregnate mortal women :p

Zaer Darkwail

What comes myself and on erotic content; I do expect some content occuring with Nanaly. Either she initiating it (coercion, consensual, non-consensual) or someone (or something) taking advantage of her :P. She is chaotic evil and is driven by her impulses, albeit much tamed compared to her earlier behavior where she had zero filters and breaks. I can see her trying flirt and seduce Mila for 'tail jobs' more than one occassion :P. Even if Mila would punch Nanaly but she is big girl and can take hit (and practices in truth same style even).

Guancyto

Changed it to a proper Glaive then just so I don't have to go and recalculate money.
Deity is now Iomedae.
Took a HP from favored class, didn't know I could do that!
Maneuvers are so marked!

Backstory! This is super rough, hopefully I will have more later.
Mei had a good life once, before the darkness came for her home and family. Thrown on the fastest cart heading away, she never looked away. She couldn't look away, transfixed. The sight, the absolute cold she felt as her family and friends were destroyed, awakened something primal in her soul. A rolling, volatile mass too wild and too old for sorcery; it took all the discipline she could learn and the best efforts of the priests of Iomedae to keep it under control. It was comforting, in a way, to know that as terrible as that nameless, ancient evil was, it had an antithesis, an antibody force, and that now she was a part of it.

Eventually she learned to channel it, and resolved to return to her home and bring justice for the dead, cleansing for the tainted. She surges with determination; the world is worth fighting for!

Premier

Redoing char history and fixing sheet. Go!

Tevreh Gnelm

Tevreh was born to the Black Hand tribe and for that alone they hated her. Half-Orc's were weak and she was not going to be the first to prove them wrong. She might tower over them, but she was never able to match them for strength and savagery. She tried, she desperately wanted to be able to live up to her heritage but she always fell short. She was a little smarter than her kin, but what Orc respected brains?

She was a Half-Orc, filled with half worthless blood.

The Black Hand still had a use for their weak though, for they had a way to power that other Tribes did not. The Demoness Shariel had been captured by the orcs long ago, weighed down with iron chains that burnt her flesh and dragged about by the brutish tribe she was bled and her blood fed to those too weak to refuse it. It robbed them of their will but gave them incredible strength in return, enough that they could be used as a living siege weapons by the Black Hand when they came upon a target too tough to take by force alone.

When the Black Hand came across the Dwarven Mountain hold of Brokdan they needed that power. Dwarfs did not give holds away easily and the mindless demon blooded were the only way they'd survive the hail of bolts approaching it. The weak were dragged to the suffering chained body of Shariel to drink and Tevreh was among them this time. She drank and for the first time in a long while the Demoness smiled, for it had found blood it could finally work with. Malleable human blood, with ambition and cunning. It flooded Tevreh's mind with power, that fleck of intellect stretched out into something and filled with some of the Demon's own cruel tricks. She didn't need urging to want to take swift, brutal revenge against her kin for what they were doing to her and the Demoness laughed as she finally got her own little revenge against her captors.

The Black Hand fled from Tevreh rather than have themselves torn apart by her magic and Shariel reached out to whisper into Tevreh's ear of the power she could give. But she had made a mistake, Tevreh's mind was sharp now and she was thinking fast and one realization she came too quick was anyone stupid enough to make a deal with a demon would pay for it in the end. She wouldn't be Shariel's pawn, but she granted it a death so it could return to its plane. It would be her last act of mercy to a demon.

Without a clan she found a brief respite with the Dwarves who she'd been set to attack who had eventually been convinced she had some good intention in scaring off the Black Hand. She learned a little from them, but moved on when it was clear she'd overstayed her welcome with a mind constantly fizzling with new ideas. She felt adrift from who she was but hungry to learn who she could become. If she could crush some of the demons that had so gleefully poisoned her kin and tried to set the world against itself along the way then all the better.

Latooni Subota

I'm totally fine with no real big focus on smut for smut's sake. The occasional Game Over/Kidnap scenario or trap, or romancing, is always fun but I don't need NONSTOP LEWDITY or anything. :P

Removed that +2 reflex. That was another holdover from an earlier build I missed.

indarkestknight

Latooni, Premier, you're set.

Guancyto
• Remember that you get x1.5 your Strength mod on damage for two-handed weapons.
• You should have 9 sp left by my count, if you're using average gp.

Snake
• What price did you use for the holy text?
• Maybe I'm missing a skill point, but it looks like you've only spent 3 skill points. You ought to have 4.

Guancyto

Oh right! Mentally stuck on later editions, fixed.
(Must have forgotten a 1sp purchase somewhere. also fixed!)

indarkestknight

Guancyto, you're all set.

Still waiting on ShadowFox89. Snake only has internet on days he can get to the library, so he hasn't signed on in a few.

In the meantime, I set up threads for OOC & Character Sheets. I figure NC Exotic is sufficient for our needs, but if you think we should go with Extreme instead, please pipe up.

indarkestknight

Snake

indarkestknight

Good to hear from you. Hope the hurricane wasn't too rough on you and yours.

Snake

Enormous amounts of rain and somen intense winds at times but everything's just fine!

btw; I put my char up into the character sheet thread, is that alright?

Zaer Darkwail

I say quite complex background story but overall works for me at least :). Up to GM though.

Snake

So far Darkest seems to approve, he's helped me shape it up a bit more with a few minor alterations.

I specifically looked up the Hellknight ranks anr Armiger sounded reasonable as it's literally just a hellknight-in-training. Like she has some of the discipline and skill but isn't formally one (as in prestiging it up) yet

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah and hellknights as organization sounds quite interesting :).

Snake

I felt that the Godsclaw was best cuz it uses teachings from Asmodeus, Iomedae, Torag and the other lawful deities.  Utilizing what seems appropriate it seems.

indarkestknight

Godclaw is an excellent choice for Wrath of the Righteous, both for their connection to Iomedae and because their origins can be traced back to the First Mendevian Crusade. Of all the Hellknight Orders, they seem to be the one with the strongest ties to the Mendevian Crusades.

Quote from: indarkestknight on October 07, 2016, 02:38:23 AM
Snake
• What price did you use for the holy text?
• Maybe I'm missing a skill point, but it looks like you've only spent 3 skill points. You ought to have 4.

As soon as these are addressed and I've combed through your purchases to tally them up, your character sheet will be approved.

Snake

Since there isn't a pre-made Zealot package I used the cleric with what I felt were reasonable modifications so I imagine the cheapest version, like 1 gp or something.

I believe I lowered it because I had to account for the lower Int score due to correcting my error with the Int score.

indarkestknight

You could just pick up a cleric's kit or a warpriest kit?

QuoteThe cheap variety is a small, light book with no illustrations, printed or written on thin paper, and with a cover made of canvas or thin leather. A typical holy text for an experienced adventuring priest is durable, with a leather cover, chapter illustrations, quality paper; it costs 25 gp and weighs 2 pounds. The most expensive versions have detailed illustrations, gilded initials and border decorations, covers made of fine leather, wood, or even metal, and are often oversized and difficult to carry around.

Zealots get (4 + Int mod) skill points per level. Your Int mod, after accounting for your racial penalty, is +0, so you still get 4 skill points. I think you either shorted yourself to start with or you overcorrected.

Snake

Well I'llbe damned, you're right. I'll fix that up. And I did utilize the cleric's kit as a basic pack for the character so yeah the cheap holy text that comes with it.

Nothing fancy, I imagine that as a beginner in it, she only has the basic holy text.