Monster Hearts (DnD 5e with race restrictions and world building)

Started by Premier, January 21, 2017, 10:52:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Premier

Quote from: Arcannyx on January 21, 2017, 07:21:03 PM
I'm not sure yet.  Premier, could I possibly try and run this race and this class as variations on Warforged/Artificer?  If not, I can work on a different idea that might still make it work.

I'm actually thinking that this Warforged might be a little weird.  In a time of 'forgotten' races, he might have been asleep, almost like Shale (ever play Dragon Age?)... and he remembers that time.  Might go with Cleric (if I can find the right domains) of some sort of crafting god (Dwarven), or the Artificer (not the wizard version), but he thinks he's some sort of cleric.  A bit of 'you're a giant stone statue and was worshipped as a dwarven avatar a long time ago in a Realm far far away.

Edit: just saw that Sappho mentioned an Aasimar Cleric.  Hmm.

It's allowable certainly, someone wanted to be an Artificer in the current group but switched at last moment. I can see Warforged either as lost in time relics from the Dwarven golden years, or maybe even a small collective of former work machines who had to work out what to do once all the masters had died.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: Premier on January 21, 2017, 07:44:17 PM
It's allowable certainly, someone wanted to be an Artificer in the current group but switched at last moment. I can see Warforged either as lost in time relics from the Dwarven golden years, or maybe even a small collective of former work machines who had to work out what to do once all the masters had died.

That was basically the idea I wanted to go with.  If Warforged are normally rare, he was a discovery by the Dwarves way back when, and treated like some sort of holy relic kind of deal.  He's an Artificer (the one I showed you) because that's the sort of 'powers' that he'd have, but since Artificer to a construct is like cleric to a 'fleshie'....

I think I'd really like to go Construct Master tradition, if you're ok with it all.

Premier

Quote from: Arcannyx on January 22, 2017, 05:15:01 AM
That was basically the idea I wanted to go with.  If Warforged are normally rare, he was a discovery by the Dwarves way back when, and treated like some sort of holy relic kind of deal.  He's an Artificer (the one I showed you) because that's the sort of 'powers' that he'd have, but since Artificer to a construct is like cleric to a 'fleshie'....

I think I'd really like to go Construct Master tradition, if you're ok with it all.

That'd be fine certainly.

Got three spots now, will pick 'em monday so we can get the ball rolling. Will be away next weekend though so it won't be starting up right away.

TheLaughingOne

hehe! I've decided. Multi-class, Yuan-ti bladelock who learned peace and meditation through gazing into the non-euclidean angles of the void.

Part Arcane mystery lady, part arrogant kung-fu "master". Outlander who spent her time wandering before making a pact with the old one "The Stalker of The Dark" a "neutral" sort of Outer Thing. Teamed up with an Aasamir Kensai for a while righting wrongs and wronging evil as she picked up some tricks from him before they parted ways!
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

TheLaughingOne

Oohh, and my volos monster guide just got delivered:3 as im going to bed :T
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

CeruleanSerenity

I think I'll stay out of this one... it looks like you have enough interest already, and I haven't had any interesting concepts come to mind yet.

JoanieSappho

And that thing that was mentioned about 'exotic human slaves' gave me an idea. Little Aasimar orphan was found, and grew up more or less hidden away in a convent or something, to avoid that sort of attention. Left him rather innocent, and he sneaked out to see the world.
And then terrible things happen to him and I feel a little guilty about enjoying it.

Chulanowa

Name: Taorii Taratararittil
Race: Aarakocra
Class: Undecided. Bard, fighter, ranger, paladin, all work in my head.
Background: Far Traveler or Outlander

Concept: Taorii once lived an idyllic life on an island off the coast of Chult. The peace was shattered by a powerful evil invading and enlsaving her people. Only a daring sacrifice freed her and a handful of others. Now she's a refugee, adrift in a world larger and more diverse than she had ever imagined. To her, it is orcs and castles and town markets that are strange and exotic, and despite her heartache, she finds wonder in these things, and the people who have mastered them. She's slow to trust Others, remembering her people's mistreatment by the outsiders... but at the same time she has the need for a flock to call her own, allies and friends. Those who earn her trust she protects as her own, as best she can. Though not a crusader, she has a strong sense of good, and will take up arms to strike down evil, so that other don't have to suffer as her people did. In return she asks that the Strangers hear the stories of the Tikkatatta'tahoale people, so that their memories will live even of Taorii should perish. Even though she's slow to trust, she finds the unfeathered to be strangely compelling, and likes looking at them. After a few flasks of wine - another exotic treat - she'll even try to pet them. Some people note that she does the same with bright objects.

Premier

Sorry was crazy busy today so tomorrow I'll do the picks! I need to sleep!

Premier

Got 3 spots, so here's the picks! Done pretty much by dice roll as I couldn't decide.

JoanieSappho
TheLaughingOne
Arcannyx

Chargen is here
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=261794.0

Sorry to Chulanowa and Kathyan, if spots open up I'll yell!

JoanieSappho

Chulanowa

Awww. I guess I'll just have to pretend like I'm not hoping for someone to drop out. O:)

Kathyan

Quote from: Chulanowa on January 24, 2017, 08:00:57 PM
Awww. I guess I'll just have to pretend like I'm not hoping for someone to drop out. O:)

Guess I'm saying the same,  :-(
Oh well at least it was a dice call

Phaia

are you still looking for people I have an idea for A tiefling?
Opps I missed that you started ...good luck to those chosen!

Phaia

Premier

So one had to drop out, I got spots! Who's still up for it?

Phaia

I have an idea for a tiefling tomb raider. Someone that goes out and explores all the old ruins of the  oomans and alfies and drafts

Phaia

Phaia

Name: Phyree
Class: arcane trickster/wizard since there seems to be a lack of arcane casters
Attitude: Think Indiana Jones like. A bit nerdy at times but very good and confident in her field.

Phryee is part of an order that searches and explores the ancient ruins of the 'forgetten' as such she might very well know several extra languages I am considering a modified sage background.

Phaia

Chulanowa

Quote from: Premier on January 26, 2017, 02:18:28 PM
So one had to drop out, I got spots! Who's still up for it?

That would be me! The birb is still on offer

Premier

Well I need two, so Kathyan and Chulanowa got dibs. If another spot opens up you're top of the list now Phaia.

Thread's still here!
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=261991.0

Chulanowa

Phaia

Kathyan

Yeah Chula, not just a hug but a...

thanks Phaia, also no wanting to have any more people dropping out but if we do, hope to see you around :-)