[Pathfinder EX] Curse of the Crimson Throne: All the Queen's Men (Application)

Started by PaleEnchantress, November 15, 2016, 04:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rummy Tum Tum

Quote from: Lockepick on November 19, 2016, 07:53:55 PM
I think I'm going to bow out then.
Damn, that's a shame. I was looking forward to playing with both you and Blythe some more in this game.

Kinda had it in my head that of the men, Kennick would be Giedon's favorite, and he'd lavish him with attention, most of it not at all gentle.

But yeah, whatever choice is best for you.

1651Leviathan

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 19, 2016, 10:11:26 AMJust suggesting that if 1651Leviathan is not attached to be royal enforcer he could be marshal (it would fit for barbarian/figther and also gives tremendous boost to economy and his dex mod is +2 so not bad). However he could work as unorthodox warden (ruling with iron fist or what not as intimidating police chief sort figure).

His strength is a fair bit higher than his dex, though I'm still tinkering with the sheet, so I suppose that could change. I could definitely switch to Warden, though. Peace through cowing the populace and all that.

PaleEnchantress

Tomorrow I'm going to do the opening post for the RP thread and open the OOC discussion thread. The Queen had been planning a (relatively) small scale banquet to cheer her husband up but the King, sadly died, just a few days before it.  It brings a unpleasant atmosphere to the evening and helps sell the idea that Artemicia would never have designed such a badly planned event if she knew the King would be dead.

All of you, save for three, have been invited formally to the banquet. The three who didn't get formal invites are:

Venster: He already lives in the castle and is it's his job that evening to announce things as they happen, such as when everyone is to move from the common area to the banquet hall. Or when the Queen is arriving and everyone should stand.

Kargash: He is a heavily armored figure to one side of the Queen. The armor is probably something he isn't fond of but it concealed his identity for now while striking a very imposing figure.  He has already sworn his loyalty to The Queen and probably caught on that Artemicia is planning "an orgy" for herself later in the evening but not the specifics.

Jasmine: A heavily armored figure to the other side of Artemicia. Unlike Kargash she is comfortable in her armor and knows very clearly what Artemicia plans on doing in inviting many men to meet her in a noble villa secluded on the palace grounds after dinner. Her harem of elite warrior loveslaves. At this point Jasmine has already taken her full vows to Artemicia to guard her and her harem with her life and remain completely detached from the pleasures of the flesh represented within.

The rest of you have met the queen at least, she is aware of what your skills are. You probably have even had a private audience with her once where she spoke of various uses she had for one of your skills and hinted at a sexual attraction between you. You may have pledged your loyalty already. It's up to you if you've shown up at court and have any presence yet.

The Banquet will be short. It's not a great opportunity to role play with the movers and shakers of Korvosa since most outrank you to the point of not wanting to speak to you. We will have to have one of *those* parties later. They can be fun. I'll seat a couple NPC's at your table though so you can do a little small talk with each other and an important NPC or two.

Any alternate ideas for an introduction you'd prefer, complaints or requests?

I am considering merely describing how the banquet went allowing you to meet The Queen at the requested area, make your introductions to her and each other and receive The Queen's offer. The proceed to consummate your service and receive your first mission. There isn't too much to do at the Banquet but I don't know if it might be a Rp Faux Pas to open a game in the bedroom.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Pockets

I was going to have a separate starting thread, to which I had intended on inviting Seraph along for. I was thinking that the Queen is already moving to have certain people offed. Not necessarily the big players of the game, but some of their key aides. Emeric can off specific targets and help bring in others for Seraphs character to quietly work for information for inside information. Then the two of them can get the formal invitation to the banquet. But if that's out, I'll figure something out for an opener.
08/02 - New A/A Update

1651Leviathan

Quote from: Pockets on November 20, 2016, 04:33:11 PM
I was going to have a separate starting thread, to which I had intended on inviting Seraph along for. I was thinking that the Queen is already moving to have certain people offed. Not necessarily the big players of the game, but some of their key aides. Emeric can off specific targets and help bring in others for Seraphs character to quietly work for information for inside information. Then the two of them can get the formal invitation to the banquet. But if that's out, I'll figure something out for an opener.

Enchantress can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the idea is that our characters haven't yet been given our lofty official titles. So we're not spymasters, generals, etc until she deals them out?

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on November 20, 2016, 04:09:59 PM
Kargash: He is a heavily armored figure to one side of the Queen. The armor is probably something he isn't fond of but it concealed his identity for now while striking a very imposing figure.  He has already sworn his loyalty to The Queen and probably caught on that Artemicia is planning "an orgy" for herself later in the evening but not the specifics.

Per our PMs, I've retooled Kargash as a full barbarian. That said, he can totally be wearing heavy armour just for the theatrics of it. He's just gonna be uncomfortable!

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: 1651Leviathan on November 20, 2016, 05:21:52 PM
Enchantress can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the idea is that our characters haven't yet been given our lofty official titles. So we're not spymasters, generals, etc until she deals them out?

Per our PMs, I've retooled Kargash as a full barbarian. That said, he can totally be wearing heavy armour just for the theatrics of it. He's just gonna be uncomfortable!

Yes, your titles aren't official yet and the idea of everyone having their own intro thread terrifies me.

The heavy armor was meant purely as a disguise. Your meat will probably be swinging next time though.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, updated Venster to have hedonistic drawback (fits for him). Took a third trait and also added couple of alchemist fires for some random Butcher initiated arsony. Trait chosen is Avid Reader (as Venster did read a lot in his secluded tower room before queen seduced him).

PaleEnchantress

Later today im going to open the RP thread. I think Im going to open at the villa ready for you all to show up n response to a note you recieved at dinner.

Any objections have until I post to make themselves known

JoanieSappho

No objections, but Shelta will probably be thinking that he's been 'invited' mostly to be passed around after the meal.
It wouldn't be the first time.  :P

PaleEnchantress

Locking this thread, you may now find the.I'm a very experienced player but I'm not very experienced at Dming on a thread. Hoping I did a good job. Oh what am I talking about, I'm a goddess in real life my jobs are always divine.

IC Thread

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=259036.0

OOC Thread.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=259037.0