Viral (Post Apocalyptic Game, Recruiting)

Started by DarkAngel111, October 01, 2016, 04:13:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkAngel111

Viral

Timeline
4 weeks ago: Multiple states reported cases of violence amongst the populace General rioting
3 weeks ago: Government declares Emergency  States with worse outbreaks set up quarantine zones.
2 weeks ago: Country wide outbreak Emergency Transmissions run every hour Informing public to avoid contact with the infected.
1 Week ago : Transmissions running a loop Cops are nowhere to be found Gangs have taken over the Cities looting and attacking people.
Present :
All news channels are non-operational, There is no command structure, Public is evacuating hoping there is hope somewhere else. Infected people are increasing by the hour mostly due to inadequate warning, all quarantine zones have been breached infection has gone viral. All major Highways are blocked Causing gridlocks on interstate lines.

This will be a GM controlled game with many events and a goal. Not fully sandbox.
Lastly, While I may take suggestions from other players I would be the one making the final Decision.

Time Since outbreak :- 4 Weeks 2 days 14 hours.
Communications :- Radio Communications are still working. Power is still available unless lines have been disturbed.
Government:- There is no government in place. Individual states with any structure left are ruling themselves.
Characters:- I am looking for 6 characters, Possible one Celebrity, because we will be starting in LA.
Face Claims:- No artwork, cartoons, Anime allowed. Only Real face claims Ensure the pictures are of models celebs etc. as they are for public viewing.

[center][size=14pt][font=georgia][b][color=grey]~[/color]BASICS[color=grey]~[/color][/b][/font][/size][/center]
[float=right][center][img height=400 padding=2] [/img]
[img height=100 padding=2] [/img][img height=100 padding=2]http://[/img][img height=100 padding=2] [/img] [img height=100 padding=2]http://[/img] [/center][/float]
[b]Character's Name[/b]: [b]Nickname[/b]:
[b]Character's Birthdate and Age:[/b]
[b]Place of Birth[/b]:
[b]Current Residence[/b]:

[b]Occupation[/b]:
[b]Education[/b]:
[b]Hobbies[/b]:
[center][size=14pt][font=georgia][b][color=grey]~[/color]APPEARANCE[color=grey]~[/color][/b][/font][/size][/center]

[b]Hair[/b]:
[b]Eyes[/b]:
[b]Height[/b]:
[b]Physical Description[/b]:
[b]Distinguishing Features[/b]:
[b]Character Model[/b]: 

[center][size=14pt][font=georgia][b][color=grey]~[/color]IN DEPTH[color=grey]~[/color][/b][/font][/size][/center]

[b]Personality[/b]:

[b]History[/b]:

[b]Likes[/b]:
[b]Dislikes[/b]:
[b]O/O's[/b]:

Starting Point of the Game is Morgan Hill 101 Highway Leading towards San Jose The highway is the only road on the track with several trails going into the forest every few kilometers, The Highway has been Jammed for over 4 hours and with Panic spreading through the crowd and horns being sounded by many cars, the Noise is plentiful. Due to lack of awareness almost everyone is the crowd is oblivious that Infected are drawn to noise... After several hours of being stuck in the traffic Some people have left their cars or are standing outside to see the reason for the blocking, It remains unclear what is causing it, however its very clear that coming from the Small City is a mob of sorts and people can be seen running in the distance away from the crowd and towards the oncoming traffic. Those who have run for their lives from Central California know that there is no going back. The only way is forward Or into the woods where they hope to outrun the mob of infected.

AmandaWho

I haven't been in a zombie game for too long. I'm interested! :)

DarkAngel111

Glad to have you onboard :)
Lets hope we can find 4 more players
in the mean time feel free to pitch any ideas,

My initial idea was that the group once they flee from the Traffic Jam on the highway they find a small Cabin, This could serve as a temporary resting place from there they will have to decide where they could go...

I was thinking about giving a road plan for three possible shelter places to the players and let them weigh out the Pros and cons of each one.

AmandaWho

Quote from: DarkAngel111 on October 02, 2016, 12:04:06 AM
I was thinking about giving a road plan for three possible shelter places to the players and let them weigh out the Pros and cons of each one.

I think that's a good idea. The discussion itself will shed some light on some player preferences, too.

DarkAngel111

Any thoughts on the type of Character you would like to play?.

AmandaWho

Quote from: DarkAngel111 on October 02, 2016, 02:32:00 AM
Any thoughts on the type of Character you would like to play?.

I'm not sure yet. I want to play an everyday kind of woman, although I've been toying with the idea of giving her a useful skill set. I'm leaning right now either toward a college student with few useful practical skills but a lot of pluck, and a 30-year old doctor, who would have obviously useful talents.

Amarlo

I'm going to place my tentative interest pending further interest and if I can figure out a way to manage it with my schedule. You already know that character I'm mostly interested in playing, Mr. Angel. :)

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

tobisquestion

I'm interested. I was enjoying a sort of post-apoc group game earlier in the year which sadly ended. I might sit tight and wait to see what sort of mix of people sign up before describing the character I'll play (I usually like to fill whatever niche has been left vacant by others!) but I'll be playing a male character.
Character images inspiration: Female - Male

DarkAngel111

Quote from: Amarlo on October 02, 2016, 09:14:42 PM
I'm going to place my tentative interest pending further interest and if I can figure out a way to manage it with my schedule. You already know that character I'm mostly interested in playing, Mr. Angel. :)

Remember we are not looking for super fighters here, People will have just started to live in this new world they have not yet developed survival skills. :)

Quote from: AmandaWho on October 02, 2016, 06:30:41 PM
I'm not sure yet. I want to play an everyday kind of woman, although I've been toying with the idea of giving her a useful skill set. I'm leaning right now either toward a college student with few useful practical skills but a lot of pluck, and a 30-year old doctor, who would have obviously useful talents.

A Doctor would be Cool. I was thinking about making a Engineering Student as my character... .

DarkAngel111

Quote from: tobisquestion on October 03, 2016, 07:42:47 AM
I'm interested. I was enjoying a sort of post-apoc group game earlier in the year which sadly ended. I might sit tight and wait to see what sort of mix of people sign up before describing the character I'll play (I usually like to fill whatever niche has been left vacant by others!) but I'll be playing a male character.

Well Thank you for the interest
and we won't have any niches Just playing regular people even having two people in same profession might give rise to fun drama ;) So feel free to make a character you would enjoy playing :)

wigglebiscuit

DarkAngel,

What do you think about, instead of having it weeks after the Outbreak, have it start right at the height of the Outbreak? Not quite as far back as the start of Fear the Walking Dead, but right at that moment that things start to crumble...cities are starting to fall, everyone is panicked, no one is sure what is going on, it's complete bedlam.

DarkAngel111

4 weeks is still pretty much at the height, I am going 4 weeks from the date first cases started, So When we start, things started in other states, by the time the outbreak got to LA. and evacuations were in effect.

We can safely assume still that most people have not actually seen the Zombies yet, or been in contact, most of them are simply scared that its a infection of some sort. We are at the point where people don't even know how to kill them etc. Especially since we are playing random everyday people.

But I am sure that we can push it back just a little bit Maybe make it 2-3 weeks, so we can say Power isn't out and emergency broadcasts are going up.
If everyone else agrees on that too?

tobisquestion

I think it's all pretty much the same.  Depends largely on where the outbreak occured.  I'm presuming we're saying it's somewhere in the south-western States for our party to be travelling north?  If we're playing as a party of 6 I'd say the crisis and breakdown of society would have to be in a fairly advanced state, the zombies being well and truly in control.  It's reasonable to say that our characters would not yet have seen a zombie with their own eyes (otherwise they'd probably be dead) but not necessarily a requirement, one or two of us may have had a narrow escape.  Perhaps we could say that government organised evacuations failed because of mass contamination among military personnel.

Centrally, power would continue running for a long time, especially in California where solar energy is a huge thing.  The main issue would be the breakdown of infrastructure, so like electricity pylons being damaged, etc.

Anyway I'll butt out now, this isn't my RP it's Angel's!  ^_^  But I'm very happy to be a part of it.

DarkAngel111

Quote from: tobisquestion on October 03, 2016, 09:45:23 AM
I think it's all pretty much the same.  Depends largely on where the outbreak occured.  I'm presuming we're saying it's somewhere in the south-western States for our party to be travelling north?  If we're playing as a party of 6 I'd say the crisis and breakdown of society would have to be in a fairly advanced state, the zombies being well and truly in control.  It's reasonable to say that our characters would not yet have seen a zombie with their own eyes (otherwise they'd probably be dead) but not necessarily a requirement, one or two of us may have had a narrow escape.  Perhaps we could say that government organised evacuations failed because of mass contamination among military personnel.

Centrally, power would continue running for a long time, especially in California where solar energy is a huge thing.  The main issue would be the breakdown of infrastructure, so like electricity pylons being damaged, etc.

Anyway I'll butt out now, this isn't my RP it's Angel's!  ^_^  But I'm very happy to be a part of it.

I agree with you on that partly mate, but Like I said in my first post, we will only be a newly formed group of sort, More like 6 strangers who don't even know each others names trapped in a cabin while a few (i'd say at this point 6-8 zombies) are surrounding the cabin, they followed us from the highway where we like everyone else were stuck in a jam, we just happened to end up in that cabin, now we can start from when we actually make a run for it and end up in the cabin. So at that point all of us will have seen a Zombie, but could have no idea what they are or how to kill or beat them.

I agree Like I said Isolated areas would have power because power lines break but the solar energy and larger plants running mostly automatically will function for a while until there is an actual breakdown.

Also I would say at this point that Military made alot of noise shooting and flying helicopters around for evacuation thus their containments easily got covered and overrun with Zombies, at the point we start, State is still ordering Evacuations, or so the Messages say on radio. There is no obvious Police, or rule of law left, but the Goverment is still ordering people either to evacuate or to ride out of state (depending on the state you are in this will be well detailed in my first opening posts right now we are throwing some ideas around so everyone can get involved in the story.)

AmandaWho

Quote from: DarkAngel111 on October 03, 2016, 07:48:59 AM
A Doctor would be Cool. I was thinking about making a Engineering Student as my character... .

Ok, doctor it is then. She's a general practitioner who just got out of college 2 years ago and has been working since, still getting a feel for doctoring as a job. She has a fiance (whom she'll be separated from, I assume, and probably never see again) and parents who live in Oregon. She traveled to Los Angeles to go to Medical School at UCLA and loved Southern California so much she decided to stay and work in the big city.

tobisquestion

QuoteI agree with you on that partly mate, but Like I said in my first post, we will only be a newly formed group of sort, More like 6 strangers who don't even know each others names trapped in a cabin while a few (i'd say at this point 6-8 zombies) are surrounding the cabin, they followed us from the highway where we like everyone else were stuck in a jam, we just happened to end up in that cabin, now we can start from when we actually make a run for it and end up in the cabin. So at that point all of us will have seen a Zombie, but could have no idea what they are or how to kill or beat them.

Awesome, sounds good to me.

DarkAngel111

Alright then guys Seems we have 5 interested players already, I will be setting up a character sheet template for everyone, so we can put in the character sheets.

tobisquestion

I know a few writers who I could probably get interested, but we could ideally do with another guy I suppose?  Unless someone was thinking of doubling up with a male character.  I know a male/female balance isn't essential by any means, but it makes for a better story if it's at all possible.

DarkAngel111

haha well feel free to bring people in, there is no real ideal balance, if there are more females interested then so be it :)
So long as writers are good I am fine with it, unless our females would like more man candy?

AmandaWho

Quote from: DarkAngel111 on October 03, 2016, 01:49:45 PM
So long as writers are good I am fine with it, unless our females would like more man candy?

I like all kinds of candy, man, woman, and all stops in between :)

wigglebiscuit

I've been thinking about the type of character I'd like to write for this scenario, and what I've come up with is a young woman who is on the younger side of the spectrum, say, 16 or 17.

This of course depends on the villains DA intends to use and on whether non-con will be a part of the game. If so, then young, and small...5'1", maybe 5'2". 105 pounds sopping wet, and dangerously pretty. She isn't cut out to be a survivor in this world, but she is brave and determined. She would be the diplomat in the group, the person trying to keep every one else together, because she knows if the group falls apart, she won't make it on her own. She is keenly aware of her dependency on others.

Also, DA your thoughts on the level of awareness about the zombies and the state of society are perfect. I am definetly interested in this. I think to that the lights should go out at a dramatically appropriate time during the game. I want to savor the collapse!

Amarlo

I'll keep an eye on this game but I don't think it's a good idea for me to join any new games at this time. Such a bummer >.< If you guys need more players later on, keep me in mind, please! ^^;

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

DarkAngel111

Quote from: Amarlo on October 03, 2016, 07:54:51 PM
I'll keep an eye on this game but I don't think it's a good idea for me to join any new games at this time. Such a bummer >.< If you guys need more players later on, keep me in mind, please! ^^;

Will definitely Keep you in mind Dear. I guess we need Two possible players then?
Quote from: wigglebiscuit on October 03, 2016, 05:42:38 PM
I've been thinking about the type of character I'd like to write for this scenario, and what I've come up with is a young woman who is on the younger side of the spectrum, say, 16 or 17.

This of course depends on the villains DA intends to use and on whether non-con will be a part of the game. If so, then young, and small...5'1", maybe 5'2". 105 pounds sopping wet, and dangerously pretty. She isn't cut out to be a survivor in this world, but she is brave and determined. She would be the diplomat in the group, the person trying to keep every one else together, because she knows if the group falls apart, she won't make it on her own. She is keenly aware of her dependency on others.

Also, DA your thoughts on the level of awareness about the zombies and the state of society are perfect. I am definetly interested in this. I think to that the lights should go out at a dramatically appropriate time during the game. I want to savor the collapse!

At this point, the immediate future of the game would involve Zombies, however making your Character 18 would keep her open to all possibilities ;) She could even be 17 about to turn 18 soon... so that could satisfy both ends ;)

AS for the power going out, yes power going out at the Right time can cause players alot of grief, or even help them out.... depending on where they end up ;) But it will most likely happen on a moonless night, making things worse for players.

Quote from: AmandaWho on October 03, 2016, 04:45:10 PM
I like all kinds of candy, man, woman, and all stops in between :)

There I believe we have solved our problem somewhat ;) but at the moment we have

Wiggle
Amanda
Myself
and tobisquestion

we need 2 more players, atleast one for the game to start. I will ask a friend if she is interested.

Lithium

Quote from: DarkAngel111 on October 04, 2016, 02:30:27 AM
we need 2 more players, atleast one for the game to start. I will ask a friend if she is interested.

Friend is interested. :P

DarkAngel111

Quote from: Lithium on October 04, 2016, 09:33:58 AM
Friend is interested. :P

Welcome aboard Friend ;)
I just got home from work so I will start working on a character template.