News:

Main Menu

Rpol down?

Started by GoldenChild, May 08, 2006, 02:24:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoldenChild

I have noticed that Rpol has been down most of the weekend (and still is), anyone that knows why?

TigreFatalis

I figure with the "let's get drunk" holiday Friday, they probably didn't notice.  But yeah, it's been irritating.  *le sigh*  At least none of my games are too busy at the moment. 
Sexual orientation: Straight
BDSM orientation: Switch
Ons/Offs - Updated September 2014
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4504.0

Back and poking around a little.

Purple

Lots of my games were busy... :(  I'm very heartbroken about the whole thing.  At least, as far as I've been able to tell that no one can get in at all.  But I hear that people have been somehow hounding Jase about it.  Don't know if it's true or not though.
There's something very sexy about being submissive. Because your guard is down, you have to totally surrender to something like that. --Eva Longoria

GoldenChild

It's probably nothing he can do at the moment. I'm more afraid that someone has hacked the site and the question is if they had... how much damage has been done to it and its contains. But that is of course just speculation.

TigreFatalis

I'm pretty sure it's just a server problem.  Happened a month or so ago...

Lyria

Quote from: TigreFatalis on May 08, 2006, 07:28:35 AM
I'm pretty sure it's just a server problem.  Happened a month or so ago...

But for this long? I remember a couple of years ago this was happening on a fairly frequent level for a couple of months. But since then hasn't it been limited to a few hours here and there?

I'm not saying it's been hacked or anything, I just think it's probably bigger than the typical sever issue.
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep 'em on a leash.           ons/offs

Zaer Darkwail

I am afraid too that something has happened. The Rpol cna be mostly closed down a day but not two days! Also hacking is possible or that Jase have forgot pay the bills for keeping it up (later would be preferably because nothing has been damaged so far as I can tell). Also in WoW whole weekend the server where I was playing lagged alot, so it can be VERY massive net lag or net falling appart somewhere.

diddywah

I knew I could count on someone(s) here to have an answer...or at least a guess.

And dammit!  >:(     The last game that I was in that was moving even a teeny tiny little bit had finally started moving again.

:'(

Purple

I just talked to a friend of mine who lives near Jase (in Perth).  He said that depending on the problem...if he needed parts or something, no stores are open on Sundays and today, of course, Jase would've had to work...so maybe if that's all it is it won't be too long.  Don't know if this helps any...
There's something very sexy about being submissive. Because your guard is down, you have to totally surrender to something like that. --Eva Longoria

TigreFatalis

There was a weekend about two or three months ago when RPoL was down for about 30 hours or so.  That time they said that a server bit the dust and they had to get a new one.  At least, that's the story I heard.

My suspicion was that RPoL has had a massive influx of applicants/games/activities going on and I think that since this is finals week for a lot of people, the servers simply overloaded and crashed.  Though it may take a while to get everything back up and running properly, I'm pretty sure they've got backup of all the active games.  I don't expect to lose anything from any of the games I'm in nor the one I'm running.

Purple

It very likely could be finals...I've been avoiding mine like the plague...like right now for example!  :)

Swedish Steel

Hehe, I hear that. My reading isn't going that well at the moment, I gotta pick up the pace. At least one page per minute. :)
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

Purple

Hey, I at least have a Word window up to start typing up a take-home final.   Of course, the page is still blank...but it's a start.  :)

Swedish Steel

Yeah, great start. If it had been me I'd be staring on that blank document for 3 hours or so before I'd manage to put one sentence on there.  :)

On Off page:

Purple

I just can't seem to tear myself away from gaming and chatting to get back to the document...and it's been up for, let's see, about 6 hours now.  Still blank!   ;D

alahendra

Heya--sorry to jump in on the conversation.  I have heard from an online friend who is acquainted with one of the mods that RPoL is down due to an issue with their hosting company.  Sorry I don't have more details than that.  :-[
"You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan
Designed and directed by his red right hand..."

Os & Os: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5351.0

Jefepato

Quote from: Purple on May 08, 2006, 03:15:41 PM
I just can't seem to tear myself away from gaming and chatting to get back to the document...and it's been up for, let's see, about 6 hours now.  Still blank!   ;D

I wrote a term paper overnight once.  The professor gave me an A for it.

Lyria

Quote from: alahendra on May 08, 2006, 08:06:09 PM
Heya--sorry to jump in on the conversation.  I have heard from an online friend who is acquainted with one of the mods that RPoL is down due to an issue with their hosting company.  Sorry I don't have more details than that.  :-[

Thanks. That's the most reliable information anyone has offered yet.

Purple

As of 08 May 2006: RPoL has been down since approximately Sun 07 May 2006 0230 GMT. Current ETA is that it will be back online by Thurs 11 May 2006.

From Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roleplay_Online

alahendra

Thursday? *sobs*  ah, well at least it's good to know what's going on.  Thanks Purple

Purple

I know...I'm crying all over a term paper over it....  It's not a problem, thanks Alahendra.  :)

Lyria

yes, thank you very much for the information

Purple

And thank you very, very much Lyria.   :)   I'm always happy to be of service.  ;)

Lyria

that could be taken in so many delicious ways.... 

Purple

Take it in any scrumptiously delicious way you can think of.   :)

diddywah

Quote from: alahendra on May 08, 2006, 08:06:09 PM

:(  Stupid hosting company   :(

Thanks Alahendra - for the info...maybe, just maybe I'll be able to force myself to stop clicking on my RPol link.

... but then again...

Hunter

Quote from: diddywah on May 09, 2006, 08:04:36 AM
:(  Stupid hosting company   :(

Thanks Alahendra - for the info...maybe, just maybe I'll be able to force myself to stop clicking on my RPol link.

... but then again...

I gave up the rpol thingy a while ago.  *and is happier for it*

alahendra

Quote from: Purple on May 08, 2006, 10:08:47 PM
As of 08 May 2006: RPoL has been down since approximately Sun 07 May 2006 0230 GMT. Current ETA is that it will be back online by Thurs 11 May 2006.

From Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roleplay_Online

Actually Diddywah, Purple provides more info, but yes.  Stupid hosting company!!!

Lyria

Quote from: Hunter on May 09, 2006, 09:16:48 AM
I gave up the rpol thingy a while ago.  *and is happier for it*

Yay that hunter is happy? *hands a cookie*

But for the rest of us who still enjoy it...

this sucks, but at least we know it's not permanent or damaging.

alahendra

More info can be found at

status.rpol.net

MagicalPen

I been done for a week now  :)  Wrote a 16 page paper on Tuesday so i could come home on Wednesday, a 6 page paper on Monday (the day it was assigned) and a portfolio and a 10 page paper that prior weekend. All so i could come home after Ortho last wednesday. Tomorrow, i have another ortho to deal with results of MRI...and hopefully get walking cast so i can go to Australia!

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

TigreFatalis

*crosses her fingers for Silvestine*  We can hope!

Purple

Darn deadline!  :(  Gone and passed us by and still no RPoL.  Here's a little something a friend of mine set up.  It's cute, but understandably appropriate.

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/lunarii_grove/RPoL_Vigil.htm

alahendra

Considering all the problems with the hosting company that I've read about here:
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=508358

I'm not surprised it's still down.  :'(

GoldenChild

According to status.rpol.net a new host has been arranged. Now we "just" have to wait for rpol to get online so jase could take the data from the old server and transform it to the new one.

Lilac

Oh dear...

Some (all?) customers have lost all of their data ;_;

Maybe us leaving was a blessing in disguise.

Still, this type of thing makes me want to run the crontab twice a day, I know I'd feel murderous for this kind of situation. >_<

Anyway, our hosting plan got significantly upgraded, to the point where we could host about a third of rpol's traffic.  Maybe I should make an offer host the entire adult games division.

GoldenChild

It's not a very pleasent thought...

Do you guys store backups on Elliquiy elsewhere than on your host's server?

Lilac

Every month or so, either Vekseid or I download a full copy of the database.  Probably should be weekly >_>

Images and avatars are not backed up, however.  But I don't see that being the primary concern here.

GoldenChild

I would agree... myself has a full backup of everything (picture wise) I uses. I can't say the same for Rpol IF the data from their database would be damaged... Two years of gaming... *poof* (if that would be the case).

Purple

Quote from: Lilac on May 12, 2006, 07:40:09 AM
Anyway, our hosting plan got significantly upgraded, to the point where we could host about a third of rpol's traffic.  Maybe I should make an offer host the entire adult games division.

I think that's a great idea since the new version of RPoL will result in having to pay for access to the adult section.

GoldenChild

And once that happens I will pay for it too  ;D

Purple

I think I wll as well, if I can figure out a way to sneak it past my husband.   :)

GoldenChild

Both my wife and I play there so for me it won't be a problem :)

You husband doesn't know you play at all?

Purple

Not like this...  ;)   Darn those uptight, missionary kid types... :(

GoldenChild

I know how it is, my wife doesn't really approve of this site either and then I haven't told her any details (shame on me), not that she has asked for that matter.

Purple

But she does play on RPoL in the adult section?  There's some differences, granted...but isn't it kind of an either none or all type thing?  It's okay to play or it's not?  I very easily might be wrong, but I kind of usually see things mostly in black or white with little grey.

GoldenChild

No she only play on the "other section", she has said she isn't interested in playing adult. Not that we have spoken about it either really. Personally I don't see any wrong with playing adult as long as it stays online and as a fantasy. I do believe there was a topic about this a while ago.

Purple

Well I'm with you on this one obviously.   :)  Still, he will never understand, of that I'm certain.  He doesn't approve of anything unless it involves him and me only...and I probably shouldn't go in any more detail, huh.   :P

GoldenChild

No please don't  8)

Purple

Glad I remembered to stop myself.  :)

GoldenChild

Yeah, that is a killer... not to mention rather hard to take back after you have said something you shouldn't.

Purple

Exactly.  And check out RPoL.net again...jase has been getting phone calls.  We're a desperate lot.  :)

GoldenChild

I saw  :), what can you do? I have been playing there for so long regulary that it feels strange now when you can't access it anymore.  :(

TigreFatalis

I only play in the Adult section of RPoL because I don't want to have to deal with the more immature crowd.  Many of the games I'm in, however, do not have sexual interaction... some flirtation in individual storylines, but no actual sexual interaction.

The game I run, FlameRider Saga, has two different contingents of players... the first is the actual storyline, the second is... more interesting.  *chuckles*

But I will definitely, depending on cost, pay to play in the adult section.  I'd even pay to run my game.  I'm just ticked that I didn't DL it.  *growls*  I dun want all the info trashed.  I have most of it as it is, but... *sighs*  The actual play... I was planning on DLing Sunday... and they died Saturday (in my time zone).

C'est la vie, non?

GoldenChild

Alright :) in that sense I too play on adult... but not adult... adult ;)... just adult  ;D

TigreFatalis

*nodnods*  What stories are you in on "If..."?  I'm curious as to whether or not I've read you.

GoldenChild

Vampire the Masquerade mostly and I can't even remember what the games are called :)... lousy memory

I know City of Decay is one, Thee Muse's game is a second... I can't remember what it is called (one of the oldest on the Rpol).

TigreFatalis

*nodnods*  I've only been on RPoL since February of this year.  But I've found it to be one of my favorite places online.  Until this past week, I pretty much ignored the 'net save for RPoL and E.  *chuckles*

Lyria

I've been on RPoL about two years, both in the adult and other sections. There are some very mature games in the non-adult sections as well. I just found 'If...' about a month ago. Really like that game.

Swedish Steel

What's "If..." about?

On Off page:

TigreFatalis

Steel:  "If..." is a "game" where people can create their own stories.  It's a lot like the one-on-ones here.  You can write with one, two or many, but it's play by post and as long as you can come up with a scenario and another player, you can write to your heart's content.

Lyria:  Which stories were/are you in on If?  I'm Summer Colton in Summer's Fall and Joan Forby and Various Townfolk in Rewriting History.

Lyria

Steel: 'If...' is really just a place for a lot of one on one or small groups to have a thread without having to set up a whole game. Players can contact each other through character names as opposed to user names, keeping up the privacy that is so prevelant on RPoL.  I am in three threads there, and they are all completely seperate and independant of each other.  

Tiger: I am in 'The Newcomer' as Nina Pryce, 'Fate's Hand' as Ivy Dahlier, and 'Surviving the Island' as Alyssa Phillips.

TigreFatalis

Lyria: I was wondering who was behind Nina.  She's written well, in my opinion. 

Lyria

Thank you Tiger, I really appreciate that. She's probably my favorite character ever. I have several variations of her on RPoL and here, but the one in 'The Newcomer' is the original and most special.

Lyria

'Summer's Fall'...is that the one with the guy whose using the Keifer Sutherland pic? Kind of the 'Steven Segal' typer? If it is, I love that story. I had just started reading it before RPoL went down. Very good characters.

Purple

I'm pretty new to If..., but I'll have to read those stories that you all are in.  I love getting new ideas and reading great work.  :)

Swedish Steel

Yepp, Lyria is great, learning alot playing with her.

On Off page:

Lyria

Thanks Sweedish *hug* I really love our game. Very very fun, and you write a very believable character.

TigreFatalis

*grins*  Yes, Summer's Fall is the one with David Michael Zane.  He's used the Kiefer Sutherland pic.  *purrs*  I specifically wanted a Steven Seagal type.  And he's done very, very well.  Though the original plan was for her to be the dominant... Just goes to show what a good writing partner can make ya do.  *grins, pretending she's not blushing*

Depending on how things go with RPoL, we may have to move the story here... I'm really hoping we haven't lost it... though I suppose we could start all over again... *le sigh*

But thank you... Very, very much.

Swedish Steel

You wanted a Segal type? Isn't he about as charismatic as a block of wood? :) Maybe I'm just jelous because I can't Aikido and shit. Don't have a pony tail either.

On Off page:

TigreFatalis

*purrs low in the back of her throat*  Mmmmmm, Seagal is sooo damned hot.  He seems to be a turn off to many, many people, but damn... he's almost the ideal to me.  Tall, thick, big.  He's fast and quiet... *grins wickedly*  He's tall.  Whoof... *purrs again*

Seagal may not be such a great actor, but he is aesthetically very, very pleasing.  I love the broad shoulders, the thick chest, the belly, those thick thighs.  Everything about his body says power.  And his eyes.... so intense.  *melts*  But the most effective part of him, everything else ignored, is his voice.  Low, quiet, powerful.  That near-whisper.  He doesn't need to speak any louder... that voice crawls inside my ears and grabs my very soul.

Of course, I'm aurally fixated... voice... Mmmmmm.  Good stuff.

*sighs, then smiles innocently* 

strenoth

Aurally fixed, right. *noted down* David will be using his voice more effectively in the future then. :-D

And thank you Lyria :)

I'm currently in two stories, David in Summer's Fall, and Adain in Prey Instincts. Adain's Prey is on E as well.

Just gotta watch that consent rule carefully sometimes.
Sexual Orientation: Straight
BDSM Orientation: Switch
Sexual Limitations: Site limits, no male-on-male

TigreFatalis

So Jase has the new server now and it's getting set up, but WHP still hasn't gotten off their butts to get the old servers back online.

At least Jase has a status page up now http://rpol.net  He's got daily updates.

I really hope all goes well.

alahendra

*sigh*  Yes, Tigre, indeed.  This week, I have learned the meaning of patience. ;)   But it is good to have regular updates.

Purple

I've still not learned patience yet...I check it several times a day...  :(   When it comes back up we all owe jase a great big hug at the very least.  :)

Moondazed

Aidan's prey worships the ground her Master walks on *purr*
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

TigreFatalis

Personally, I think we should figure out some way to thank him for legit.  I mean, for a lot of people, having the opportunity to RP is really a life saving thing.  For some it's just entertainment, but... Well.  He's gone through a lot of difficulty to get the site back up and running.

Beyond that, I think it might well be a good idea to send the God and Goddesses of E a little thanks as well.  It really is wonderful to have such a place to congregate and converse without having to so much as... ya know... leave the house.  *smirks*

So... thanks to those of you here at E that make this place possible.  It is of great value to me.

alahendra

Well, I sent a donation via PayPal today.  Just a little one, mind you, I'm on a pretty tight income these days.  But every bit helps.

Is it possible to donate to Elliquiy, btw, through PayPal in a similar fashion?  I know these websites ain't cheap and I don't mind paying a bit for my entertainment. :)

TigreFatalis

*pokes the goddesses and god (with a marshmallow so it doesn't hurt) and points to Alahendra's comment*  Yeah, what she said.

Purple

I'm going to send money via Friends of RPoL.  It's easy and always needed.  :)

Tigre is right...Thank you Goddesses and God!!!!! *hugs everyone that wants one*

National Acrobat

The new server is running, and there is a new page:

http://new.rpol.net

However, all it is at the moment is a place holder. However, the new server is up and running, which is indeed good news.

National Acrobat

The RPOL Drive has been found, and it was put in someone else's server.

They are currently working on getting the data from it as we speak.

Purple

Update 17/05/2006 - 03:30 GMT.  FYI, the data we are getting is dated the 6th of this month, which is when we think the site went down, so we should be missing very little, or no, data.

Yeah!!!!  :)

National Acrobat

I must agree, that is indeed excellent news.

:D

GoldenChild

Update 17/05/2006 - 13:00 GMT.  The 25GB tar file (like a zip file) has been made available and is downloading at approximately 675kb/s, which means the current eta for the file is a little over ten (10) hours.

TigreFatalis

*pads in in tiger form and plops down next to the Golden Child, laying her massive head upon his thigh, tail curling around and flicking lazily back and forth.  it will be good when RPoL is back, but she'll content herself to wait like a good little (okay, huge) tiger*

GoldenChild

*strokes the (huge) tiger and scratches behind her ear and just cuddles*

TigreFatalis

*purrs a low rumble in her throat, leaning into the scratching, tail flicking in comfortable happiness.  Ahhhh, to be scratched behind the ears... truly heaven for this particular tiger.  If it wouldn't have looked scary, she'd have grinned, but showing teeth usually made folks nervous so she just flicks her tail and purrs*

Elvi

Goldy, Tigre,
This is an information thread please don't make it full of roleplay?
*smiles*
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Purple

Update 17/05/2006 - 17:40 GMT.  Data transfer is 43% done.

Elvi

Can I take it that people are eagre to get back onto ropol? *grins*

Purple

*jumps up and down in excitement*  Yes, yes, yes!  That would be me!  I've got some great characters over there in some great games.  :)

Elvi

I mustn't have hit it at the right time, when I joined I couldn't really find anything interesting and the one or two I fancied having a go at I didn't get any replies to my requests to join the games even though they were asking for players.

Fortunately I found here and settled in quite nicely.....

Zaer Darkwail

Same here but I would still jump by here check things and post games/to people :).

Moondazed

Elliquiy is quite different from RPoL for me... more... open to stretching my wings.  I write on RPoL and enjoy my games immensely, but it's a different experience, for me anyway.
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

TigreFatalis

Yupyup.  Lots of stuff I'm involved in over there.  Miss it quite a lot.  And, there are good friendships with people who haven't crossed over into the... uh... more liberal zones of E.  

There are times when the going is slow but now that finals are over for most folks, it should pick up some.

Lyria

It is harder to find games on RPoL because of the privacy and difficulty of communication outside of a game. At first I was frustrated there, but now have an outstanding set of games I would hate to lose.

Things should be easier in the future on RPoL when the new version is released. There will be a user to user PM system in place, so you no longer have to be in a game with someone to communicate with them. Should help quite a bit with finding games.

But I certainly understand those who are perfectly content to just play on E. I happen to enjoy it myself :)

National Acrobat

Yes, I run five games on RPOL and have been there for years, and am itching to get it back online.

A lot of my friends and I supplement our RL weekly-game by playing there as well, and all five of my games are full of excellent players.

The three things that draw me and my players there are the threads that can be open to only certain players, the fact that you can put private messages in posts, and you can have multiple characters. It makes it a lot like the RL games we play.

We use index cards at the table for private communication.

alahendra

I'm a Homestarrunner.com fan, and the latest Strongbad Email brings to mind this whole RPoL situation....Hmmm....

(It wouldn't surprise me at all if Webhost Plus' datacenter was in the basement of Bubs' Concession Stand)

http://homestarrunner.com/sbemail152.html

Swedish Steel

Seems I will be joining a RPOL game, so suddenly this is good news for me aswell. :)

On Off page:

Purple

Update 17/05/2006 - 19:00 GMT.  Couldn't sleep.  57% done.

alahendra

I just logged into RPoL!   My games are there!  With all their posts!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Purple

Me too!  Me too!  Yeah!  :)

strenoth

Sexual Orientation: Straight
BDSM Orientation: Switch
Sexual Limitations: Site limits, no male-on-male

National Acrobat

Everything was correct and saved, and I can't believe how many posts a couple of my games had yesterday.

:o

Elvi

Well thats one good bit of news at least....*smiles*

National Acrobat

It is, but I still think that a very valuable lesson about back-ups being done regularly was learned there. As well as a solution for server related issues should your hosting company decide to sell themselves to another company, who then decides without warning to move the hardware, losing a bunch of it in the process.

I know I backup my forum every day, sometimes twice a day.

Elvi

Well, that one is out of my hands, but I believe that Lilac has/is making sure that we are safe here.

National Acrobat

Edited my post.

I meant to say 'there' as in at RPOL.

What I think was more shocking were the companies using the hosting services for businesses, who didn't have any redundancy or back-ups in play when it happened. Not a good business model to follow.

It's different when it's a personal or fun related site.

diddywah

Oh Dog!

Is it down again?

*****sigh*****

Lyria

Yes, been a hour and half to two hours as far as I can tell. Hopefully this is a much more miner glitch.

MagicalPen

Noticed that too...hopefully nothing like that unexpected server move thing again....

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

alahendra

They've had outages from time to time that have lasted several hours--hopefully this is just one of those.

Lyria

It's back, server crashed :)

MagicalPen

*kisses Lyria* thanks for the good news!

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Lyria

*grins and blushes* You are most welcome.

tcost

Hmm, is RPOL down again today?
I prefer justice to irony.

GothicFires

I've made a few post today... but i can't connect at this instant... seems to have occured within the past 15 minutes
looking for new games
discord: Agara#3507

TigreFatalis

It should be back up and running in a few, I figure.

GoldenChild

Probably some backup thing.

tcost

It's back up and running now.

Ariabella

And yet again RPOL is down?
Read my ons/offs. Want to one-on-one? PM with ideas

Ons and Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=42859.0

http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=Ariabella

tcost

So it would certainly seem.

Ariabella

Well at least now I know I'm not having something funky happen with the pc.

tcost

Not in that sense, no.  :)

But it is back up and running, again, now.

GoldenChild

Just a glitch, a temporary setback...

Ariabella

And yet again? I haven't been able to access for going on four hours now.

MagicalPen

Me either. Firefox browser tab has RolePlay onLine: Welcome to RPol. like normal, but actualy page isnt up.....

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

MagicalPen

and looks like its back...around 10:50PM EST on Monday.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Ariabella

It still won't load for me *sighs*

MagicalPen

Well it worked for about a minute, moving as slow as my dead grandma...so yeah, its back to being down and out...

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

GoldenChild

Nope down here too.

tcost

It seems to have come back up now, and has been working at regular speeds for about twenty minutes now.

TigreFatalis

RPoL has been experiencing quite a few slow-downs and drops since the new company was found.  Makes me think that their servers weren't expecting the demand.

MagicalPen

Yeah...would be a shame if these problems persisted.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

TigreFatalis

Agreed, but I don't want to complain too much.  I mean, four hours isn't bad in comparison to eleven days. 

Just my take on it, anyway.

Ariabella

Is anyone else having trouble there? I just tried to get in and I get this message trying to enter any forum.

Script "common" can't safely open thread index database at line 1511.
Error: Invalid argument.

Archangel

I got the same message a few minutes ago....
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you...

Ariabella

Ok then I won't reboot or anything...the last time I tried, it said too many connections just trying to get to the main page.

Lyria

Ariabella

I emailed Jase, but who knows how many emails he gets over the course of a day.

GoldenChild

Considering the error message it sounds like their database is not feeling well, I wouldn't give it more then a day or two for them to fix it.

GoldenChild

It came up (it had been down because of the harddrive was full) and now the site seems down again... :(

Ariabella

Yep just noticed that when I came home.

tcost

RPoL seems to be running just fine at the moment.

Ariabella

Yep, for now. I do have a friend who's been getting the error message that we all got yesterday, for three days now, including today.

Jefepato

Anyone else having RPOL issues again now?

alahendra

diddywah

Great.  I'm snowed in with nothing to do and RPoL is down?

Waaaaaah!    :'(

Ariabella

I think they need to get their old server again. At least it stayed up.

Jefepato

Seems to be working again now, though.

GoldenChild

Do more then I have problem with the site? There seems to be some strange error when you try to access a game.

MechanicalImpulses

You mean like not being able to see threads and the like? Cause if so, were having the same problem.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8276.0 Ons and offs

Switch with heavy submissive tendencies.

I found my cattleprod!

alahendra

I have been trying to fix this problem for the past hour or so because I thought it was something hinky on my computer.  I can see the top of the page and I can see the main page, but if I go into a game, I can't see any of the game threads...

GoldenChild

Elandra

no you are not alone...
~~~ ONs & OFFs ~~~ Requests ~~~

MechanicalImpulses

In certain games I'm actually able to get into my PM's,  and I may very well be able to send them.  I haven't tried.  I kinda thought it was a problem with my computer too,  but it just seems that RPOL is sending out incomplete information, because the source itself looks kinda butchered.

I found my cattleprod!

alahendra

Hmmm...well I guess it's some comfort to know it's not something wrong with my computer...hopefully it will be fixed soon... :-\

GoldenChild

Well then, all we can do now is wait. If things goes as normal they will have the site back to normal during the day.

MechanicalImpulses

By then I'll be having the shakes for my next fix...

I found my cattleprod!

GoldenChild

I know exactly how it feels... we all remember when Rpol vanished last year for more then a week... huuuu! *horrible memories*

MechanicalImpulses

Supertoxic freak-out jesus!  I think she's working again!

I found my cattleprod!

GoldenChild

Yes she is... it was a patching error... fixed now.

MechanicalImpulses

Can't seem to access the site...  is it down, or is it my computer?

I found my cattleprod!

Mia

I just tried and I got in.
I would like to meet the woman that invented sex to see what she is working on now.

ON and OFF: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8615.0

MechanicalImpulses

I found my cattleprod!

MechanicalImpulses

Thanks everyone, it was neither my computer or the site...  it was the connection I was using.

I found my cattleprod!

Mia

Hello everyone?...

Does Rpol works for you?
I would like to meet the woman that invented sex to see what she is working on now.

ON and OFF: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8615.0

Archangel

I'm getting nothing at the moment !!! It was like this first thing this morning too...

diddywah

Archangel

diddywah

Jefepato

Anyone else not able to get at RPOL right now?

HairyHeretic

Aye. I've been trying on and off for the last hour or so.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

HairyHeretic

Back up again. A server problem apparently.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Far eyes

QuoteWarning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (11) in /data/rpol/webdocs/lib/rubb.php on line 29
Could not connect: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (11)

Somebody ells getting this to?
What a man says: "Through roleplaying, I want to explore the reality of the female experience and gain a better understanding of what it means to be a woman."

What he means: "I like lesbians".
A/A
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180557.0

Celestial Goblin

It seems to work for me today.

Far eyes

It works for me to now.

Was getting it for about 20minutes
What a man says: "Through roleplaying, I want to explore the reality of the female experience and gain a better understanding of what it means to be a woman."

What he means: "I like lesbians".
A/A
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180557.0

Zaer Darkwail

It seems Rpol is once again down. At least for me.

National Acrobat

It has been for me since last night around 9pm Eastern US Time.

AmberStarfire

It's been down for me since around 2am GMT (around 12 hours ago). I've had msgs from a couple of other people asking about it, as well.

RPOL has an alternate url: rpol.hyphenit.com.au but it is also down.

Zaer Darkwail

Rpol is now back on! For me at least.

AmberStarfire

Yay! Thank you for the wonderful update.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: AmberStarfire on November 12, 2010, 10:25:44 AM
Yay! Thank you for the wonderful update.

*bows*

Your welcome :)

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 12, 2010, 01:26:39 PM
*bows*

Your welcome :)

Hmm.. wonder what games you play on Rpol Zaer.. your grammar structure seems familiar.. did you have a game where someone played a fey'ri named Rhea I wonder? :d

Zaer Darkwail

Yea, I was KotD (King of the Dragons) GM alias and ran WoE (Wonders of Eberron).

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 12, 2010, 02:15:56 PM
Yea, I was KotD (King of the Dragons) GM alias and ran WoE (Wonders of Eberron).

I so miss playing Rhea :)

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on November 12, 2010, 02:30:19 PM
I so miss playing Rhea :)

Yeah, she was indeed fun char. As now I know who you are in Elliquiy I can contact you incase if I ressurect idea of WoE in here on Elliquiy. Would definently need co-GM so there would be reliable posting in the threads.

Callie Del Noire

I was tempted to offer her for the epic game but I didn't know how to do a demonfey for pathfinder.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, she could have got all positive stat mods and no -2 Con penalty basically and only +1 with whatever chosen demonic ability. Pathfinder made base races quite strong and fey'ri are slightly stronger than standard elf.

Callie Del Noire

Shame I didn't know back then, I could have told you and we'd have worked up something. :D

Epic Rhea would have been fun.. even as a bard only

National Acrobat

Hmm, Zaer, you wouldn't play a Drow named Zavelle, would you?

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: National Acrobat on November 12, 2010, 03:12:04 PM
Hmm, Zaer, you wouldn't play a Drow named Zavelle, would you?

The Halls of Darkness II game right? Yeah, it's me :P. It seems I am slowly caught upon  :-[

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 12, 2010, 03:14:03 PM
The Halls of Darkness II game right? Yeah, it's me :P. It seems I am slowly caught upon  :-[

Your diction gives you away buddy. :D