News:

Main Menu

PS3 Michael Commercial

Started by NotoriusBEN, October 20, 2011, 12:10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotoriusBEN

I think its a pretty cute commercial. I certainly get a bigger epic vibe from this one compared to that blonde VIP of douche baggery they have/had/still doing stuff.

"Michael" - PS3 Long Live Play -- Full Length

Sabby

I hated it at first, because I didn't get it. Was just trying to figure out why these people were talking disjointedly and who Michael was. I thought it wan an homage to a deceased Sony member. Andy explained it to me and I felt pretty stupid xD

Xanatos

I thought it was a pretty good commercial. It had me confused at first, but the ending brought it all together quite nicely.

Samael

Like everyone else I was confused at first, but after having seen the end I both groaned and loved it.
I watch it every now and then just to see if I can figure out who all the characters are.

Very well done commercial.
On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

Xanatos

Its one of those commercials that is creative, unique (VERY UNIQUE) and needs to be made more often. Whoever thought of coming up with a bar of game characters who all broke the 4th wall and knew of their player, was a genius.

I especially like the actor who played Snake. The voice was very close. I almost thought it was the same voice, but it isn't. Just a good mimic.

Its commercials like this one that makes me want to watch. I've seen it probably 5 or so times. That is rare for me, considering I don't watch TV much at all, and I (tend to) avoid ads like the plague.

Callie Del Noire

half the fun is spotting the characters.. like Cole from Infamous 1&2

Xanatos

Yeah, totally. When I first saw it, I thought it would be some ad for a WWII themed game. I like those kinds of games, so I was going to watch it off that basis alone. When I started seeing characters (like the guy from Army of Two), it had going wtf... Hey I know him! I know her too (Lightning!). Hey that's God of War! -laughs-

I recognize some but can't place names. Who is that clown with the flaming head? I also recognized the guy who was talking to Lightning, but can't recall his name or the game.

Callie Del Noire

Drake is talking to Lightning.
That guy with the skull mask is COD: Modern Warfare
The clown is from Twisted Metal. Sweet Tooth I think.

Xanatos

Twisted Metal! I miss playing that game. It was so much fun rampaging around with vehicles armed to the teeth.

The skull mask I am pretty sure is Army of Two. One or both of the guys have a skull mask.

Edit: Nope, that is COD. The skull masks the guys wear on Army of Two are made of metal.

Sabby

I like the commercial, but I can't love it xD love it on paper, but it has two things keeping me from actually loving it in practice. 4th wall jokes and Drake. Both are widely considered to be funny. I find them annoying xD

NotoriusBEN

So we got:

Paratroopers from COD World at War
Drake from Uncharted
Lightning from FFXIII
Cole from Infamous
Isaac from Dead Space
Main Character and Helghast from Killzone
Ghost from Modern Warfare 2
Agent 47 from Hitman (guy with barcode on his skull)
Sweet Tooth from Twisted Metal
Mainer? Manner? player from MLB 2012
Snake from Metal Gear 4
Chell from Portal
Bagman from Little Big Planet
Athena and Kratos from God of War
Some Flat-top wannabe fighter from Tekken
Football player from Madden 2012
Lost Child from BioShock
Ezio from Assassins Creed 2
Chimera from Resistance

and I think that's all of them. I think I did pretty good with recognizing most of them.

Remiel

I swear that the actor who plays Cole is the same one who did the actual voice acting for the games.

And good eye, Ben!  I completely missed Chell at 1:16.   And I was wondering who the bald guy was--completely missed the bar code.

I think the dude with the gi and the blond flat-top is Paul Phoenix from Tekken.

Epic commercial is epic.

Callie Del Noire

Ironically only a few games out there that make me keep the PS3 around.. like Infamous/Infamous 2 and a few others.

Remiel

Mmm, I'm not a fan of how Microsoft nickles and dimes you with DLC.   I have both a PS3 and a 360, and I play on the 360 mostly because that's what my friends have.   

Left to my own devices, I'd stick to the PS.