And people think that Wolverine is a tough guy!

Started by Spookie Monster, June 05, 2008, 05:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spookie Monster

'Horror frog' breaks own bones to produce claws

Trichobatrachus robustus actively breaks its own bones to produce claws that puncture their way out of the frog's toe pads, probably when it is threatened.

Spel
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

Trieste

Spookie Monster

Quote from: Trieste on June 05, 2008, 05:07:00 PM
The frog appears to be just as hairy, though! :D

Heh! ;D

Perhaps, like the frogs, Wolverine produces "long hair-like strands of skin and arteries" in order to better breed.  He certainly is popular with the ladies...

Spel
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs

Trieste

GrinningHound

Quote from: Trieste on June 05, 2008, 05:22:59 PM
Mutton chops are indeed the sexy. Yow! :D

*strokes his rockin' chops.*

Oh yeah.  *cocks a fuzzy eyebrow*

Glad to know we have some furry face lovers out there in the female population. ;D

*Ahem*

That frog is pretty boss.  I think there's actually a marvel mutant who grows her bones and breaks them to throw them like spears.  (Spinal, I think she's called)

I like the lizards who shoot blood out of their eyes, too.  That's hardcore.

Spookie Monster

Years ago, I had a group of friends who tried desperately to convince me to grow muttonchops.  I still have no idea what got the notion in their collective mind.  It was a very peculiar experience.

(They did not try to convince me to break the bones in my hands to make sweet sweet claws.)

Spel
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs

Trieste

The Great Triangle

He's The Crumpet Fright!

Terror of the bakeries of London!
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

HorrorShow

GrinningHound her name was Marrow she was originally one of the Morlocks I'm not sure if she's still alive though I haven't kept up with any of the X-men titles in sometime.

This frog is so much like Wolverine with his hair and claws its to bad it was classified in 1900 it could have been a candidate for the dim effect like megaceras briansaltini a beetle that share physical similarities with the beetle dim from the movie a bug's life it was discovered 8 years after the movie's release
http://news.rin.ru/photos/79688.jpg