Gokujou Drops - manga based girl's dorm life

Started by Haibane, May 07, 2010, 06:21:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haibane

GOKUJOU DROPS

I proposed a high school girls dorm game at the beginning of the year but got a very poor response. That game was intended to be innocent, cute, fluffy and romantic. I guess you lot at Elliquiy don't go so much for the cute and fluffy, but like your smut and kinks, therefore I'll try again, this time with a stronger lesbian slant...

From the manga, the author, Mikune Hadzime describes the story as "a tale with only girls and about the life of a protagonist who is at the mercy of others." It's mostly a light hearted comedy but full of sexual situations, most of which 'fade to black' in the manga and are not explicitly explored. Its not a hentai manga but does contain nudity and abbreviated sex scenes.

The story centres around a sixteen year old first year at Ohtori Girl's Academy, a private high school somewhere in Japan (the Kanji used in the manga for 'Ohtori' can mean 'Phoenix'). Maezono Komari is a transfer student but somehow all the main dormitories are full, the room she was going to be assigned to having been taken by a late booking. Stuck without a bed and fearful of being recalled home by her overbearing father she begs to be found anything, "even a cupboard". The school secretary suggests there is one place, the elite Third Dorm, known as Haraiso Yakata ('Paradise Mansion').

The problem with Paradise Mansion is only the best students reside there; the Student Council President, the Head of the Library, the Culture Club President, all girls from monied backgrounds who move in superior social circles. Entry to the dorm is by referral only but after some adventures Komari is accepted by a tall, slender, black haired beauty named Himemiya Yukio. Himemiya-san is nicknamed 'Hime' by her friends or called 'Hime-sama' by her crazed fangirls and is a cold, distant, unsociable figure. Quite why she takes Komari in is a mystery but she accepts her not as her room mate (because Paradise Mansion does not allow that) but as her servant...

I would quite like to base this game around the original characters if I can and roleplay some plots that the OCs play out. The manga can be found here.

EDIT: Unfortunately Ch.24 on that site is presently not uploaded. Ch.24 (a crucial one in the story) can be found here.

Characters of the story:

Maezono Komari - 1st year, transfer student, aged 16.
Short orange hair, quite developed physically! Very innocent and scatterbrained but strangely practical. Is a cleaning fanatic and when stressed out or unhappy will go into a tidying and polishing frenzy. Is scared of the older girls at first but eventually falls in love with Yukio. Is extremely afraid of the dark and does not like being alone. Rather clingy.

In Haraiso Yakata live six other girls:

Himemiya Yukio - 1st year, aged 16 or 17.
Respectfully known as 'Hime-sama' by the other 1st year students and even some 2nd years. Long black hair, tall, slim, very small boobs. Has a huge fanclub in school, almost obsessive in its intensity. Is seen as 'cool' by many other girls. Is distant and harsh on Komari but in her own way is also caring and very protective - jealously so. As a child her rich family took good care of her and pampered her but her parents did not get on with each other and neither gave her any love, instead they devoted their time to her sick older brother, so she grew up lonely, thus she finds it hard to relate to others and has mood swings between kindness and teasing or cruelty. Has a room on the second floor.

Yanagi Erika - 2nd year student, President of the Culture Club, aged 17 or 18.
Short mousey-brown fluffy hair worn loose, glasses, very curvy. Enjoys teasing Komari, wants to have sex with her. She has a room by the stairs on the first floor hall. She says to Komari to not go to the very end room on that floor - a witch lives there.

Fujiie Asako - 2nd year student, Resident Advisor, part of the Student Council and candidate for School President, aged 17 or 18.
Long dark red hair pulled back loosely in a carefree style over her head without a fringe. Takes her school council duties seriously and is very efficient. Works to protect the privileges of the residents of Haraiso Yakata. However she also uses her position to exploit Komari and makes love to her when she comes to the Student Council room one morning when she's upset. Fujiie-san is kind however and tells Komari about Yukio's childhood, asking her to be caring and friendly towards her. Has a room on the third floor.

Yoshikawa Sai - 3rd year student, Head of the Library, aged 18 or 19.
Long loose red hair, glasses, full chested. Sometimes wears her hair pulled back in a smart bun. Somewhat school-ma'am-ish, she is quiet and rather odd, walking robotically around the dorm house in her underwear and not recognizing people. Sai is the one who has the farthest room on the first floor - the witch Erika teased Komari about. Her room is packed to the ceiling with shelves stuffed with books, files, papers and she has several computers in her room. She gets upset one day when a notice arrives from the power company that there will be a shut off of power for maintenance in the afternoon. Komari sees the note but does not pass it on and the power outage crashes all Sai's computers. She takes Komari back to her room, makes her strip and notices she has love bites all over her body from Yukio, seeing these she lets her go. Komari is puzzled to see some of Yukio's clothes in Sai's room...

Kunikida twins, Miya and Maya - 1st year students, aged 16 or 17.
The twins have short boyish (Maya) and long straight (Miya) brown hair. Both have similar figures, of average build. They share a room on the second floor. In public they are always arguing, fighting and bitching but in private they have sex constantly. Whichever one of them wins the argument or fight that day can do whatever she likes with her sister that night, and wherever she likes. Their sexual playtime thus involves elements of BDSM and both are obviously switches.

Other characters:

Kamiyaka Yuki (Kami-chan) - Komari's friend in her 1st year class.
Only seen in school scenes and used as a device to impart information about the school to Komari. Reddish blonde hair, small and fussy but cares for Komari.

Hime-sama Fan Club - A group of girls who admire and crush upon Yukio from a distance. They are angry that Komari has wormed her way into a position close to their heroine and try to bully and frighten Komari into leaving. Yukio generally shows up during these scenes to save her servant which only serves to make the fan club become more jealous and determined.

How a role-play might work:

Since the dynamic within the Haraiso Yakata dormitory is so interesting it might be best to use the original characters and play the game out using some elements from the manga. This would need some careful OOC discussion beforehand but players would be free to suggest original scenes or throw in their own ideas as surprises.

The main issue for a group game is that the story is heavily Komari-centric and some characters do not get much screen time, Yoshikawa Sai for example not appearing until the second volume though artwork for her appears in the first. It may be possible to have subplots created for the less frequently used characters but even so some of them would inevitably have some 'down time'. An alternative is to create relationships between the characters who do not appear to have steady lovers. While Komari has Yukio and Miya has Maya, Sai, Asako and Erika are single. Those three might be formed into a triangle which would add direction to their stories and some stresses and strains about the house as well as giving those players more to do.

Of course any of those three could hit upon either or both of the twins as well...

There are few scenes set in school, most of the action takes place in the dormitory and inevitably the sub-plot of the story is a lesbian one. All the girls make advances on Komari at one point or another: Erika one night waylays her on her way to the bathroom; Asako almost rapes her in the Student Council room; Sai makes her strip for an inspection in her room after the power outage; the twins attack her after Komari accidentally lets slip she peeped on them making love in the kitchen one night; Yukio of course takes Komari to bed and effectively rapes her most nights after the first month or so, Komari always resisting futilely until she grows to adore Yukios attentions.

There is a change that could be made in the RP and that is rather than Yukio taking Komari as her personal servant, the whole dorm accepts her as a common one and thus the Komari character would end up not so much as Yukio's lover but as a general maid and plaything of everybody. I'm open to discussion on this change.

The character that appeals to me most to play as is Yukio, a typical tsundere type. To one degree or another all the older girls have dominant personalities though Sai is the least so and the twins just bounce off each other mostly.

The game would require players to read the manga and want to play out plots from it, or based off it and also you'd need to be committed. I'm looking for up to six other players for this though the game can get running with only three or so.

Always in the past I have not enjoyed males taking female roles but these days I'm trying to push my boundaries so as long as we get some female players I think I could handle some of the characters being taken by guys, though it very much depends on who, when, where, how and why. I'll need to be sure you're right for the role.

I'm going to ask for high standards of writing too please and decent length posts that contain a 'handle' each time for your writing partners to latch onto and move the story along. Short posts that don't develop the plot or scene are the bane of my life.

As to the title, I have no idea what Gokujou Drops are but since the manga is scattered with pictures of them I assume they are a type of candy, something like M&Ms. The word isn't recognised by any of the online Romaji translation pages I use.

pendarious

this looks interesting.....so far i think fujie-san is my favorite *laughs*
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

ff

The overall concept sounds interest. I'd probably most like to play Fujiie Asako or Himemiya Yukio .

HOWEVER....

Your desire sound very very strict and I might suggest you go about this as a series of solo RPs with Komari and each of the other.

It sounds like you want Komari (your char I'm guessing) to be the center of attention and for other characters to play 'on rails' (predefined actions and little interaction with each other) - to more or less follow the mange exactly. This doesn't particularly interest me; I'd want to be able to control my own character to the degree you'd expect in a group roleplay, and not be told exactly what to do throughout it (although being a sub IN-character is great!), sitting out most of the time, etc. I suspect you'd get more interest by presenting this in a more freeform way (although I do hope that you get what you truly desire and if other people are willing to follow a specific predetermined part, great).

Haibane

I think you may have misunderstood or misread almost all my thinking ;)

No, I don't wish to play the Komari character, hence my expressing an interest in playing Yukio. Komari is essentially submissive and right now I'm not in a submissive mood for RPs. With F/F play I'd rather dominate, at least to a degree.

But yes it had struck me that the game is Komari-centric which is why I mentioned that specifically and put forward a few suggestions to bring in more plot opportunities for the other characters, including making Komari a servant or maid for the whole dorm and not exclusive to rooming with Yukio.

I had also thought of doing this as a series of 1v1s but that rather defeats the point, its a group game I'm looking for, so I'd rather explore ways to limit the focus on Komari and open up play opportunities for the other dorm residents. With several parallel 1v1s it would be hard to link them which would be necessary, I think, to retain the mood of the manga.

It does not say anywhere that I want players to play on rails, in fact I hope I stressed the opposite by suggesting players could offer their own subplots for discussion or even surprise the group with ideas on the fly. I mentioned scenes from the manga because there are some quite good ones and basing RP plots off those could make for some fun RPing.

Pumpkin Seeds

Opheliac

Interesting. I have yet to read the manga, but the twins sound fun to me. Maya, the long haired one will be my character of choice. I'll read the chapters as soon as I can.

pendarious

well........if you'll have me i'll play fujiie Asako.........i'm working on reading it.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

Haibane

I'll pencil you in. Still hoping more will be interested.

Haibane

It would seem that sadly there is insufficient interest in this. I have played many girl's dorm games where people did as they pleased with their own characters... all seemed to founder sooner rather than later. This time I thought I would present a set of characters and some framework for a story to unfold in a limited number of directions but it has the look about it that players are not happy with that, even though the 'directing' of the story would be minimal.

My thanks to those who showed an interest.

Opheliac

Haibane

Thank you darling *hugs back*

Of course if a few people suddenly decide they do want to do this, we can go for it, it just looks like it has limited appeal.

Aethian

If the characters hadn't been preplanned, probably something from your earlier try, I would have gone for this. I'm working more on tailoring my F/F rp. Sorry for your loss of the playing, it sounded like a good idea.

Haibane

I've gone for non-pre planned all girls dorms or school settings before and except for one which had a heavy BDSM theme, they didn't work either. Go figure.

I thought I would try this because it was different and it might bring out a talent in people to go with a given character along a (slightly) given path. Also with a plot ahead of them to aim for it might keep people interested longer. They'll know good stuff X Y or Z is coming up.

People are free to give their characters some personality of their own and the story can have big flexible loops in it, its not a tramlines situation a previous poster accused me of trying to build.

pendarious

it's a shame that people lack interest........it seemed like fun. i felt that trying to follow the story with a lot of flexibility of course woulda made a great goal