Looking for an Adventure! Open World - Shifting GM - One to five!

Started by Quinz128, July 10, 2013, 01:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quinz128

Hello everyone! I am a newbie to the forums, but am posting my first request for something I have been wanting for a while! What do I want? I want an RP group that wants to go with an ADVENTURE! Like a large-scale, massive world that our characters explore. What I want is for the group to be accepting, trusting and honorable so that we can, literally, change our storytellers amongst us.

Basically what I want is a general 'Pick your character and have your backstory whatever you want', then we develop the world AROUND our characters. Were you a sci-fi dinosaur with future tech but we also have someone with a Holy Paladin Dwarf? Well, we will do what we can to set up a world at how they could happen, whether modern, fantasy, sci-fi, medival, etc, and then after it goes on we shift roles as GM.

Our adventurers will go through this world, with whomever is GMing to add onto the world already created by the previous GM. Say: Previous GM created a certain town of insectoid people who we assisted. Maybe the new GM says 'Well, these insectoids were always having a tenious relationship with elves to the west and it just broke to war' and build a new scenario around that.

Of course, this is rather dependant on each other understanding thier world-creations could be twisted to something new, interesting and, probably, not your goal. But your characters will always be yours and SWAPPABLE, if you so choose... Anyone interested?

ErikaWyte

Quinz128

Excellent! If you wish we could plot out which characters to start with and a basic idea for the living world. Maybe it will entice more people to join and create a discussion, then get something started! What kind of character(s) do you usually play or wish to play with such an adventurous game?

ErikaWyte

Depends really on "era" or over all "theme" of the game.  Like are you going for just Fantasy or you open to say Steam Punk or Future Tech or Science fiction??? I'm pretty flexible when it comes to character types, once I get some visual aid in from of me I can paint a pretty good picture from it and craft a solid story from it.
Do you have a scenario in mind your wanting to carry this into to?

Quinz128

I wanted to keep it open and allow people to get a few characters in mind first. Generally, I just want an open 'adventure' type RP going on. Exploration, discovering, helping or hurting people to further our overall goals. I'm open to any setting that permits that exploration. Want fantasy? That's fine, Steam Punk? Maybe something like post-apocolyptic desert lands that recover and modify 'old' technology which we'd not have otherwise? Science Fiction that could be something similar to Star Trek or Sci-Fantasy like Star Wars? Cool! Maybe I should plot for the setting, first. XD

ErikaWyte

Lol, what kind of characters you looking to have? I know you said "any" that its up too us, but you have any you'd like to see?

Quinz128

I have several depending on what the setting permits. I'll break them down by setting for the characters most of these characters are set to certain varying species, but many can be defaulted to human(if not I'll state in descriptions:

Fantasy:
Lysander/Lysippe VanGlef - Twin Nobles that adventure for stories to tell and impressive deeds to spread. The main goal for them in exploring is to become more renown and spread the word of their father's fief as a place of excitement, comfort and community. Though Lysander is marked as the heir to the region, Lysippe is seen as the more viable candidate, but due to the way the laws are set in their region females cannot hold titles for themselves. Originally a pair of rat-folk, but easily defaulted to human.

Aegus Minstral: A holy man, who effectively is an over-righteous zealot. He sees everyone as a sinner, though shows compassion for those that wish for repentance, mainly because he sees himself in such a poor light that he attempts to redeem his own perceived sins by carrying a heavy iron cross on his back. He is extremely religious and from a region that has little scientific knowledge, most boons granted by blind faith. Human.

Jinar Dei'Ro: An elven bard. He travels the lands, exploring with great curiosity and inscribing his treks in song, prose and other various acts. He's a light-hearted character with a lucky-streak, seeming to get out of bad situations not even by his own skills. His main instrument is a harp, but he has skills in other string instruments.

Karakt: A barbarian from a completely uncivilized hunting/gathering society. He is from a tribe of people that is constantly in war over scarce resources in the area that his people live. He ended up leaving his people after most of it was destroyed in a mass battle of various tribes, and is trying to either build a new tribe, or find a new world he can live in. Originally intended as a Lizardman, Karakt can be built up as a nordic-sort of human.

Alyssa Yuval: A woman who was stolen from her original parents and raised in a society that worships dragons as gods. She is a complete devout follower of the Great Reds, and has gone through ritualistic changes of her body as well as gathered iconic armor reminiscent of the idols of her worship. She is violent, brash, greedy and intent on finding a Great One to become her patron. She is a human.

--------
STEAMPUNK

Virgil Gemirio: A complete ditz of a man, but an amazingly compotent gun-fighter. Though he specializes in revolvers, he can handle a rifle as well. He is seen as a bit of a vigilante and, because he acts before he thinks, he has been on the WRONG side of the law and has some men that chase him on occasion, so he constantly moves. Though his heart is in the right place, he doesn't get all the facts before he jumps into some kind of trouble. Originally a catfolk, can easily be shifted to a human.

Orpha: A young thief, she is a bit of a pack-rat and an avid tinkerer. She was left to her own devices, raised by a group of kids in an abandoned town, and later went off on her own after there became an increased amount of raiders. She got seperated from her 'family' and just wanders alone, for now. She gets by though devious and conning tactics. Originally a ratfolk, but can be adapted to a human.

Volker: A very old man who mainly fritters his life in research. He mainly explores archaeological digs for interesting things and develops devices for the sake of being able to say he did it. He is, basically, throwing the adventures as a way to get something off his bucket list, thinking he is getting up in years and if he'd going out, may as well be something dramatic! Human.

--------------------------
Sci-Fi

Pauline Dier: A woman that was brought up in a bit of a rough neighborhood, where education was low, gangs were prevalent, and those that got to be older than twenty four were either hardened criminals or astronomically lucky. Pauline was the former, who had survived through dirty dealings and criminal cybernetic enhancement. She was involved in several gang wars and even snitched out a few people to shady corporations for an easier life. She had since grown to a kind of mercenary for money, using her contacts, wits and cybernetics to further herself in a new lifestyle. Human with cybernetic enhancements(Obviously). (Originally was a Shadowrun character)

James Darlington: An old man who had come from humble beginnings and made a big name for himself. He left his family and became a man in the (space) navy, eventually becoming an admiral through several sorties. When he managed to retire with honors, he developed his own computer-tech company that was successful. He has been the target of several corporate sabotage attempts and some slander, but he has managed to keep himself safe. After he passed his company to his son he started to get the idea of travelling, and exploring as space is vast, as is his fortune, and one of those seems endless. Human. (Originally a Traveler character)

Iris D'Argon: A woman who has been down on her luck since her youth and eventually came to benefit with a (adoptive) father that seemed to love her and want to pass down his knowledge to her. Eventually, though, the man found himself under attack for his brilliant technology, causing the woman to get injured. She had to have, basically, half her body rebuilt, and her father decided, for his safety, and hers, they would need to make a deal with a questionable organization. This turned to be a terror cell and in a raid against it her father was jailed and she was imprisoned as a terrorist. She eventually escaped and, using her father's old technology and her own developmental genius became a bit of an anti-government 'villain'. She's over-the-top and has an odd amount of fun causing destruction. Human, cybernetically enhanced.
--------------
I have PLENTY more, and even some of these may have shifting roles and drop in/drop out, depending on the setting, and what we achieve. Could be NPCs, or could be characters I play over time. I want to keep the world and characters fluid, where is someone gets bored with a character can say 'eh, let them go and stay in[city] and I'll play [new character] instead!

ErikaWyte

ErikaWyte

Ya, I really like the cyborg chick...I found a perfect pic for her too. I love it.

Quinz128

Those are just a few of the characters I have/would like to use. So if you like the idea of one of your characters teaming with those, can figure what setting you think be best?

ErikaWyte

Well if like to be the female cyborg if possible. Any setting. Your idea...

Quinz128

Well, for Pauline, she can fit into anywhere that allows cybernetics. Would you want it just exploring a world, with various cities, etc? Or rather it be a space-thing going along several planets?

ErikaWyte

either or...doesn't matter I'll roll with either plot. Make a character for you and write up a intro to story and a character I can socialize with and we'll be on our way to adventure and exploration. I'm off to bed so I'll check it in morning.  And if possible, can my character be called "Eve"? Thank

Quinz128

No problem at all with the name of the character, go ahead and develop some backstory and go ahead and post it up, I'll start as GM, to get the flow going and the beginning of the setting started up, if you wish to start immediately. Just get this concrete, then will make an actual thread for the story in the RP section.

ErikaWyte

Alright and if you could post your  character sheet so I can copy and paste it for mine that would be great that way I know what info your looking for and other players can see our bios and know who we are.

Quinz128

Hmm, it was more to be a freeform thing without anything to base off but the actual RP, but give me a small bit and I will craft up a character sheet with some information that could be seen as helpful for a basis.

Quinz128

Original Character for this RP!
--------------------------------------

Name: Pauline Dier
Species: Human (Caucasian)
Sex: Female

Appearance:
Hair: Blond
Eyes: Blue/Grey
Complexion: Fair
Height: 5'4
Approximate Weight: ~170
Build: Lithe
Notable features: Obvious cybernetic arm, obvious cybernetic right eye that is a mismatched color of natural, surgical scar down sternum.

Detailed Appearance:
Pauline would be rather average looking as a human female. She is of average height, has a modest short cut with her blond hair that goes just down to her ears. Blue eyes that are normal for a blond-haired person, and rather pale skin. She has a bit of malformities due to irritants and still retains her young face, though with a few lines branching from her eyes.

Her body isn't much to stand out, were it not for some obvious implants. Her body curves modestly, her waist not really thing, but rather hardened with her core training, able to show a toned, though not really muscular, stomach, left arm and legs. Her hips are a bit larger-than-average for a woman her size, but not by too much.

The main thing that starts making her dip into uncanny valley is a bulky, mechanical right arm. It is not sleek, not smooth, and seems like something that could have been torn off of a warehouse robot. It's quite angular on the shoulder area and at the joints, with obvious pistons to help it move.

Her left eye was also replaced with cyberntics. The orb is a pure steel color with an adjustable focus, similar to a tiny camera. It wasn't even attempted to make it look similar to her natural right eye. If one were to try and pay more attention to the mechanical eye, they could see that the socket was completely refixed to accommodate it as well as modify the area around her head. Behind her left ear one can see an electrical jack, as if for download purposes.

In addition to the external cybernetic enhancements, one could conclude she had more due to several surgical scars on her chest, back, legs and nontechnical arm.

Personality:
Pauline is generally a straightforward kind of person. She speaks her mind if she foresees little problems in it. She won't be so bold as to call her employer a retard to his face, at least until she gets paid or denounced the job she was asked to do.

She has a moderate intellect, able to keep her devices up-kept without paying others, but for severe mechanical issues she does need a professional. She is very computer literate and savvy and has a lot of experience with devices. Though she doesn't have catelogue-like knowledge of cybernetics, she can recognize and identify most common and some obscure devices.

As a rule, Pauline is rather selfish. She doesn't go out of her way to help people, especially people she doesn't know. When she wants to help, however, it's usually blowing through the problem with as much force as she can muster until it is resolved. Subtlety is not her strong suit.

Background:
Pauline was, originally, part of one of the more rough neighborhoods of a large city. She was raised where quality education was scarce due to fear of travel or general neglect of people due to seeing most of those in this neighborhood as not worth the time. Because of neglect her and many other young people became a criminal element. Deciding to work in gangs than work in education and find a reason for their existence beyond selfishness.

She dropped out from general education when she was an early teenager, and started working with some other people she trusted with thefts and cons. She learned how to trick people through number-tricks when not just doing smash-and-grabs at electronic stores and a few of the medical plazas in the area.

She learned of how to craft crude 'F-Grade' cybernetics, and started from there to what she would become. She started small, replacing a finger or so with the assistance of her buddied to see if it would work. She, eventually, got addicted to painkillers because F-Grade cybernetics wasn't effectively connected to the nervous system.

When her career went forwards, she managed to get better cybernetics, seeing them as a great investment. Soon she became a black-market worker, running gear and various chemicals for others. The only reason she stopped this was because of a raid that caused her to abandon her old group and city to keep herself hidden.

She pulled some favors to, effectively, wipe her public record off the grid, as much as she could, and started travelling. She started going along and running jobs for people in various towns, trying to keep herself on the down-low while making money in various works.

ErikaWyte

So wait, you want me to play your Pauline? Or you're going to be Pauline? Cause I was creating a character named "Eve" that was a cyborg for the story. I had asked you if that was okay and you had said I could so I'm just a little confused as too what character Im going to be playing...sorry, Am I just confused as to what you want me to RP.  :-\

Quinz128

You play your character, I play mine. I was just putting up my character's information for your knowledge OOCly. XD