Spunky's Cafe (open to all)

Started by Spunky, November 16, 2009, 02:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coreli

*enters cafe, weary from the road* Hello, is anyone here?

Night Stalker

Quote from: Coreli on September 14, 2010, 11:59:49 PM
*enters cafe, weary from the road* Hello, is anyone here?

Feel free to help yourself to anything here.
Ons and Offs           NightStalker's Role Playing Requests - Reprised.          A/A's - Updated        
I stalk the night, looking for her
My next victim to take away from here
She will be the prize to my collection
A joy for me to hold and use at my discretion
I belong to the night, stalking it and surveying
taking what I need to suffice my desires
I am the NightStalker

Coreli

Quote from: Night Stalker on September 15, 2010, 02:40:35 PM
Feel free to help yourself to anything here.

Thanks. I just got into town, and was glad to see this place opened.

Luella

Luelle strolls along the sidewalk, enjoying the peaceful hustle and bustle of the city. A faint stream of freshly brewed coffee caught her nose as she turned to find a quaint little cafe, nestled between two shop-houses. Her tummy rumbled in hunger. Why, after a good walk in the morning, one should definitely deserve a hearty snack!

She stepped up towards the glass doors and pushed it gently open. The warm atmosphere greeted her with an onslaught aroma of chocolaty brownies and filled pastries, hot and fresh from the oven. Hoping the others will not notice her noisy tummy, she heads towards the counter and orders a gigantic slice of chocolate-banana cake.

Happy with her purchase, she slides into a vacant seat and attacks her meal with enthusiasm!
Every time a child says, "I don't believe in fairies," there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead ~James Matthew Barrie, Peter Pan

Coreli

The door opening startled him – memories still fresh in his mind of how he ended up in there in the first place. "It's going to be fine," he thought to himself. "Just keep to yourself, and try not to draw any attention." He tried to keep his eyes forward, but he couldn't help glance at her as she stood at the counter next to him.

Luella

Luelle felt a pair of eyes staring at her and stilled her unladylike eating behavior, blushing furiously. Picking up a fork, she scraped a tiny piece of what's left of her chocolate cake and lifts it to her lips daintily.

Flipping her long mahogany hair to hide her face like a curtain, she stares at the somewhat busy cafe before her absently. She smiles as a roving waiter stops by her side and refills her glass with iced water.

"Thank you." She said to him and gratefully took a sip of water.
Every time a child says, "I don't believe in fairies," there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead ~James Matthew Barrie, Peter Pan

Coreli

Going against his instinct to keep to himself, he takes one more sip of his coffee, and walks toward where she is sitting. "I'm sorry, I hate to intrude, but would you be interested in some company? perhaps i can buy you a cup of coffee to go with your cake?"

Luella

She looks up in surprise as a man slides into the vacant seat before her, dropping her fork in shock. The loud clang of metal against china reverberated around the cafe, instantly placing the entire place into silence. Well, only for a second. The friendly chatter restarted again, more loudly and lively this time as the rest of the guests resumed to their meals or socialization with each other.

"Uh, no thank you. I don't drink coffee..." She squeaked, clutching her baby blue handbag closer towards her body. Hazel eyes locked to the plate before her as she mentally cursed herself.

I don't drink coffee...what kind of reply is that?

Coreli

He was unsure if she was afraid or nervous – and was tempted to excuse himself and leave, but knew that a bit of good conversation would help take his mind off of what awaited him outside. "I apologize again for coming by uninvited, but I noticed you when you came in, and well, I would have hated to leave here without at least learning your name. Mine is Michael, but most people just call me Coreli."

Luella

Luelle peers curiously at him from beneath her lashes, noticing his skittish looks towards the wide glass windows. She takes another sip of water and loosens her rigid arms from her handbag as he introduces himself.

Maybe he's not so bad.

'I'm Luelle...Elly for short, or Lulu...or Luey.." She bites down onto her lower lip, stilling her chatty mouth.

Wow..I'm such a dwerp!

'Or...Just Elly...I mean, you can call me that if you want." She finally said and made an attempt to smile.

That. Was. Awkward.

Coreli

A slight smile appeared on his lips as he watched her nervously introduce herself. "She was cute", he thought, as he motioned for a waitress to bring him another cup of coffee. "I like Elly. It reminds of a girl I once knew." His voice cracked a bit when he spoke - the Memory of Ellana still fresh in his mind. "So, what brings you here so late Elly?"

Luella

Her posture relaxes as she caught a glimpse of his smile. She shifts slightly in her seat, feeling the last traces of her blush fade from her cheeks.

'Well, I'm just walking around the neighborhood...exploring and uh, walking around." She trailed on. "I just moved here yesterday...and," Luelle paused and slaps a hand over her mouth.

Uh oh...T.M.I!
(too much information)

She peers up at him, honestly hoping deep in her heart that he is not one of those psychotic guys that stalk girls about. Well, it might be a possibility. Her mind started rattling personal protection measures and highlighting the presence of a newly purchased pepper spray in her bag. Trying to be as subtle as possible to change the subject, she lowered her hand and toyed with the paper napkin. Her eyes never leaving his face.

"So...why are you here?"

Coreli

"Why am I here? Well, let's just say it's a long story." He could sense she was still nervous, and was unsure if it was just because she was sitting with a strange man, or because she was afraid. The last thing he wanted was to scare her, so, he excused himself to the restroom in order to give her the chance to leave if she wanted. He hoped she would be there when he returned, but he would have to wait and see.

Luella

She watches as he gets up and leaves for the restroom right at the back of the cafe. Quickly, she pulls out a pocket mirror and flips it open. There was a lady staring back at her. Eyes usually bright and wide, her cheeks were still with a red tinge. It took her awhile to reassure herself that it was just her reflection.

Sucking in a deep breath, she relaxes and smiled back to herself. The flustered lady in the mirror vanished and in place, was a lovely sweet image of herself albeit the red flaming cheeks of hers. She chucks the pocket mirror back into her bag and forked up the remaining piece of cake into her mouth...and waited for his return.

Coreli

He expected to see an empty booth as he exited the restroom, but to his surprise, it was not. He couldn't help but smile to himself as he walked back to where she was sitting. She seemed different than when he left, but was unsure of what it was. Then he realized, she was smiling.

"So, where were we?" he asked.

Luella

She laughed softly, a sound so melodious and that had surprised her for a moment.

"I think it's your turn to tell me why are you here." She replied, a soft but playful smile etched on her lips. Her gaze lingered at his face, and she found herself lost in his eyes. A tingle rose from her heart and washed through her body, she didn't know why, but she suddenly felt happy here.

Coreli

"That's right - why I'm here. Well, let's just say, I needed to escape for a few hours, and this cafe looked like the perfect place to do just that. I planned to just sit up at the counter alone - but then you came in and that all changed". In the back of his mind, all he could really think about was how beautiful she was. "I know that sounds like a line, but it's true."

Luella

"So..." She tapped a finger against her chin. "Why are you making twitchy eyes towards the window, then?" She grinned and used her fingers to illustrate wide opened eyes, but in truth, it looked more like flowers (made out of fingers, of course) growing out from her face.

She wriggled them, and laughed, letting him know she was only kidding around. Placing her hands down, she motioned to a passing waitress across the room for a menu.

"Do you want something? I'm feeling hungry already." She said sheepishly. For a slender person, she has a frightful voracious appetite.

Coreli

Happy to change the conversation, he nodded in agreement. "I think something to eat sounds like a fine idea", he replied. "As for the windows, let's just say I have an interesting line of work that sometimes... puts me in interesting situations."

Luella

The waitress trots over, dressed smartly in her uniform and passes Luelle the menu with a cheerful smile. She accepts the leather-bound booklet with a soft 'thank you' and flips it open, placing it on the table for both of them to share.

"Oh really?" She continues, her eyes never leaving the pictures. "What sort of work do you do, usually..." She asks, looking up at him again. She mind told her to flutter her lashes and work her charm, most people fall for that all the time, but something told her to respect this stranger and not brainlessly flirt around like a high school girl.

Coreli

Looking a little more serious than before, he paused for a moment. He then leaned forward and whispered, "Elly, even though we just met, I have to admit that I like you. And because of that, I can only tell you so much about what I do. So, the question is, how much do you really want to know?"

Luella

She paused, staring at him again. Should she trust him or should she stay out of his affairs? She shifted in her seat and looked around the cafe, everyone seemed engrossed in whatever they are doing. It should be safe...

"Tell me everything...please." She finally said, fixing her eyes on him. The menu lay forgotten between them.

(OOC: This sounds like a story brewing. I'd like to continue this in the Non-adult roleplay section if you wish!  :D ) 

Coreli

(OOC: Ha - was thinking the same thing. I am good with that. I just became "official" today - so perhaps when you get the green light we can carry it over into the big kids section. I am open to seeing where it leads.)

Luella

(OOC: *laughs*...sure sure, but you might have to wait for a few days though! Shall we make it a horror plot? )

Coreli

(OOC: Horror? Perhaps. Let's see where it leads us.)