[Interest Check] "Fall From Heaven: Rebirth." (SAO/Log Horizon type setting)

Started by Spero, January 22, 2017, 06:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spero

I would like to see who all would be interested in a log horizon/SAO type group roleplay.

It would be a different setting, but same basic story line. Group of players trapped in a video game.

« Fall From Heaven: Rebirth »

Map Made by : Me (Pathfinder/D&D mash up)

Theme: Fantasy MMO
Style/Genre: Fandom/Fantasy | Alignment: Any

With the rising popularity of the Oculus Rifts, the MMORPG communities are buzzing about the latest game about to hit the market, "Fall From Heaven." It is rumored that it will be a game like no other, pulling inspiration from worlds like, "Golarion," from Pathfinder and "Toril," from Wizards of the Coast along with new and exciting places to explore. Gaming communities are a buzz with talk about the latest news and updates. While New reports watching the rising sells of this up and coming MMO. Claiming that it is close to beating records. Millions have already pre-ordered their games for the upcoming release across the world. While others wait for the results of the top guilds to receive their free copy.

But little do most know...

Their world is about to turn upside down.

Free Style RP, with some DMed events.
Multi-Layered Story Line.
Simple Character Sheets.
Pre-Made Areas/Cities with the possibility of new areas being discovered. 

RP Status: Seeking New Roleplays // Muse Status: Active and Around // Mood Status: Hopeful
CRAVING!: Dark Fantasy & Warhammer 40k Roleplay! Please PM if you want to RP~

Spero

Work In Progress

Classes
Races
Bard Magic
Cleric Magic
Druid Magic
Magus Magic
Wizard Magic
Paladin Magic
RP Status: Seeking New Roleplays // Muse Status: Active and Around // Mood Status: Hopeful

Spero

Petrus02

Spero

I will be working more on it when I get home. Had to cut stuff short because dinner plans.

But glad to see people are interested!

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Yurie

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Shjade

Noting interest, though also noting that interest is pretty split: Log Horizon and SAO have...very little in common aside from that gimmick of "trapped in a game." One provides a world with great political and social depth, layers to work with that can be just as interesting with a largely NPC-populated world and few players as with large player-driven factions competing against each other, a world ripe for unraveling complex plots and weaving stories together.

The other is SAO. >.>
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Snake

Hobbes1266

Lynnette

Might be interested, I'm curious too though, as was mentioned above, if it'd be closer to Log Horizon or SAO, since they're two very different stores with very different focus-points and rules for the world.

I'll be keeping an eye on this though.
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Seirre

Brother Wolf Guides my journey.  He teaches me patience and wisdom.  He protects me from fear and doubt.  He keeps my heart safe from darkness.

Snake

Quote from: Seirre on January 31, 2017, 12:07:33 PM
Interested, though I only know SAO.

Log Horizon is similar in "circumstance" (pulled into an MMO) but it focuses more on world building and politics than "OMG Kirito's the BEST!" (*gag*)

Petrus02

you didn't miss too much if you missed log horizon^^ sao is the better of the two. as snake said: its much less focused on action and narrativ and more on boring and meaningless sqabbles between different factions.

but no, its very similar to sao in that the main character is completely supirior to most others, just not in strenght, but in strategy

Snake

And is more likeable in general, don't forget that.

They both have good points, like SAO's action but LH's focus on it's characters; if we do this: maybe a meeting of the minds and get somewhere in the middle?

TBH: I just really really hate the protagonist of SAO. He's Gary-stue-pid for no other reason than the original writer didn't know what he was really doing.

Hobbes1266

"The game is fair" says the guy who didn't even raise his sword while other players gangbanged him with weapons without flinching.

Snake

That's one thing I liked about LH: the removal of the "game interface" feeling SAO had. Sure it had shown at some point early on but it progressively did away with the aesthetic as the series went. Only showing up periodically when a new character was shown.

Silk

The main thing Log Horizon has over SAO is that it still feels like a legitimate game universe that has been brought into reality, while SAO could've easily been "transported to X universe thats unrelated to games"

But the main thing SAO has over Log Horizon is that it is for the most part free flowing and keeps to the narrative, while Log Horizon is very exposition heavy and constantly feels the need to explain whats going on which slows it down quite a bit. (I mean seriously we don't need to be told how Thorn bind Hostage works for the 4th time in 5 episodes)

But even with it's flaws I prefer Log Horizon because it just feels a lot grander, while SAO is far too focused on a character I really couldn't give a rats ass about. If they removed Kirito I think SAO would've been a much stronger series.

Snake

Quote from: Silk on January 31, 2017, 03:52:25 PM
But even with it's flaws I prefer Log Horizon because it just feels a lot grander, while SAO is far too focused on a character I really couldn't give a rats ass about. If they removed Kirito I think SAO would've been a much stronger series.

Agreed. I just saw all the focus on an protagonist that sucked and got turned off from SAO.

Hobbes1266

shmone else

I did too. The first season of SAO wasn't bad and Asuna was one of the better female anime deuteragonists, but her being basically written out of the post-Aincrad stuff to be a damsel in distress was rough. And SAO Abridged is fantastic, too.