[Recruitment/Interest Check] Exalted 2.5: Return of the Mighty

Started by Dracorion, November 08, 2012, 11:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorn14

Quote from: Re Z L on November 11, 2012, 05:51:36 PM
Just a little advice:

If you want to go with Sorcery keep in mind one of two things when using it:  It is amazing in War-scale fighting (mass combat), it is great at out-of-combat applications.  As a Lunar you won't have access to some of the amazing stuff in the Solar Circle, but there are a lot of amazing Celestial Circle effects as well.

So, if you want to use Sorcery, you could use social charms that also enhance Mass combat in some way, or if you want to use the out-of-combat applications (summoning, travel, divination, etc.) you could do almost anything else along with it.

Lunars aren't the greatest Sorcerers, but they can be very efficient sorcerers with the No Moon Caste ability.

The real strength of the Lunars (I think) is their flexibility and their ability to change shape easily, which has numerous applications.

Hope that helps some   ;D

I hear ya. Its just there is so many options I have no clue what to go with.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Dracorion on November 11, 2012, 09:46:22 PM
In this thread is fine.  ;D
Out of curiosity, should i make a sheet as well just in case? or wait until theres actually a spot for me?

Dracorion

Hmm... nah, I wouldn't start making a sheet. At least not unless someone drops and you're first on the waiting list.

Marie Reynolds

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Dracorion on November 11, 2012, 04:39:18 PM
Zaer: I would really like to know if you still have problems with the Lunar charm I proposed. Would you be okay with the charm if I changed the description, or would you prefer it be changed mechanically? Would you rather it not exist at all? I would really like to discuss this, since I don't want to add the charm if you feel so strongly against it.

Well, I would be okay if description of the charm is changed to be less 'solar taming leash' approach. Also instead x5 lunar's essence amount WP needed to be burned it should be Appearance+essence to get rid of addiction (even then it means a epic elder lunar who has Appearance 10 and Essence 10 would force 20pts willpower spending and that's major deal). Note that lunar excelency use is allowed with this charm (so lunar with appearance 3 could get appearance 6 and with essence 4 = 10 willpower spending). Of course this makes lunar dependable on both stamina and appearance for this charm to work properly but the effect is quite strong and potent still.

Dracorion

Okay then, Marie. There's quite a few issues with your sheet.

First of all, I'd appreciate it if you could write down your BP expenditures somewhere.

Are you sure you don't want to spend BPs to raise some of your abilities over 3? If you don't have enough, you could take some Flaws. Sure, Flaws can be bothersome but that's the point. The BP you get from them is still worth it.

As for your specialties: your Dodge specialty should be listed as either "Slippery Terrain" or "Uncertain Terrain". And "At Long Range" doesn't make much sense with archery weapons, since 99% of the time you're going to be at long range and that's not the point of specialties. Yes, I know the core book suggests that but I suspect the specialties suggested by the core are the result of bad editing. I'm pretty sure a lot of them were copy-pasted from 1st ed. Anyway, "Specific Diseases" isn't actually a valid Medicine specialty, you're suppose to actually pick a disease to specialize in. Also, your "Infections" specialty should be separated from the diseases one.

And backgrounds: Connections (Merchants) is too vague. You're supposed to specify the group of merchants your connections are in. You could have Connections with the Guild, or with Nexus merchants, or another group you can think of. Also, what's her Reputation? How did she earn it? Who are the people represented by her three dots in Family? I understand you want to have a group of loyal combat physicians with you, but I'd also suggest dropping your Retainers to 3 or 4 to free up some bonus points, and because with Retainers 4 you'd still have a mass combat unit of Magnitude 2 same as if you had Retainers 5. And you should specify what the Retainers are. That is, are they all combat physicians, or does she also have a secretary? A cook?

Are you sure you don't want to take the Artifact background? They're far more useful than mundane weapons and armor and as a Dragon-blood one dot in the background gives you twice as many artifacts. Are you sure you don't want to take the Breeding background either? The extra motes are quite useful, and if your character is supposed to be more than a member of a mortal offshoot household of Gens Karal, it'd be required by your backstory anyway.

As for charms, are you sure you want to take Air Protection Form and Earth Protection Form and Fire Protection Form? If you want protection from environmental hazards, wearing any kind of Jade armor automatically removes two levels of damage from any environmental hazard.

Finally, I also need you to post your backstory in full, to see if it works with the game.

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 11, 2012, 11:06:05 PM
Well, I would be okay if description of the charm is changed to be less 'solar taming leash' approach. Also instead x5 lunar's essence amount WP needed to be burned it should be Appearance+essence to get rid of addiction (even then it means a epic elder lunar who has Appearance 10 and Essence 10 would force 20pts willpower spending and that's major deal). Note that lunar excelency use is allowed with this charm (so lunar with appearance 3 could get appearance 6 and with essence 4 = 10 willpower spending). Of course this makes lunar dependable on both stamina and appearance for this charm to work properly but the effect is quite strong and potent still.

Alright, so how about something like this?

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Silver Nectar Release
Cost: 5m
Minimums: Stamina 5, Essence 4
Type: Reflexive
Keywords: Combo-OK, Poison
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: Scorpion and Toad Assumption

At times, Lunars are forced to take more subtle approaches to protecting their Solar mates or their stewardship. A crafty Lunar might have to seduce an enemy, bringing them under their thrall and then neutralizing them or turning them into an asset. As such, Lunars developed this charm to make all who would dare threaten those under their protection kneel between their legs.

Subtly manipulating the Essence running through her body, the Lunar transforms her sexual fluids to an ambrosial and redolent nectar that is worthy of the gods and as addictive as it is rapturous. Letting a target taste her sacrosanct fluids, the Lunar instills a craving in her target that only she can sate.

For the Lunar to spend the motes to activate Silver Nectar Release, her target must be in a position to taste her sexual fluids as they are released from her body. Any being whose Essence is lower than the Lunar, is instantly addicted to the fluids. Beings whose Essence are equal to or higher than the Lunar's must roll (Stamina + Resistance) against a difficulty equal to the Lunar's Essence. On a success, the target suffers no ill effects. If the roll fails, the target submits to addiction.

Once addicted to the taste of Lunar's sexual fluids, the target will start to suffer withdrawal if he is denied it. Every day that he goes without tasting the Lunar's sexual fluids the target suffers a cumulative -1 penalty on all actions (the penalty caps at -5). The target can resist the effects of withdrawal for one scene by paying a point of Willpower.

The target kicks the addiction once he has spent a total of ([Lunar's Appearance+Essence] x 5) points of Willpower to resist the effects of withdrawal. Applying a Lunar Appearance excellency at the time this charm is used does affect the required Willpower points to kick the addiction.

Marie Reynolds

Alright will do ill work on those  changes and some of the suggestions.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, the charm looks now lot better in fluff wise. It leaves open the question 'can I use this charm against my solar mate?' and answer would be yes. So original intent why charm was developed was different but lunars can cleverly use it in their relationship with their solar mates.

However, I still question amount of WP need paid off to get rid of the addiction. Let's make example scenarion;

Basic starting lunar with essence 4 (possible but costly) who has this charm. Against solar who has maxed conviction and willpower but has only essence 3 (and even as essence 4 has no enough stamina+resistance to resist the charm).

Now, our solaroid needs spend 20 WP to get rid of the addiction. Fun fact; he daily spends 5 WP vs addiction and leaves 5 for charm use and resisting UMI's. However, after first day he gets -1 penalty to all actions; including conviction virtue use to recover willpower via resting. He spends another 5 (let's assume he got lucky with the dice and renewed his WP pool almost full and made one stunt to recover some more).

However, point is after five days the addicted person cannot recover WP via resting because of the addiction (as his conviction pool is 0). So would this mean when lunar has solar mate hooked means they automatically enter limit break after 5 days as they automatically fail all virtue rolls and they cannot even spend WP to resist it as they sit at 0 WP and so they are subjective to each and every suggestion thrown at them?

So overall once elder lunar shows up with this charm along with having higher essence than you (which is more than likely) your fucked up if she/he squirts on your mouth and forces to swallow (which is not hard if they do not simply tell this charm exchists and just seduce you with their appearance 8-10). So to balance the charm to be less OP I would remove 'auto loose' option from the charm and leave it stam+resi check vs lunar's essence (or even App+ 1/2 Lunar's essence). As this is not social attack it means the perfect social dodge/parry does not apply but nor it's damage causing attack so perfect dodge/soak/parry would not work either.

Or as alternative change idea; can we add 'Crippling' keyword for it so that those who can remove any crippling condittions afflicting them they can remove the addiction once penalties start kick in?

Dracorion

Ah, sorry. I think in the throes of sleep deprivation I forgot to remove the x5 from the calculations there. It should be just "(Appearance+Essence) points of Willpower", like you suggested.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Dracorion on November 12, 2012, 06:52:00 AM
Ah, sorry. I think in the throes of sleep deprivation I forgot to remove the x5 from the calculations there. It should be just "(Appearance+Essence) points of Willpower", like you suggested.

Ahaa, that case no problem with the charm.

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on November 12, 2012, 06:59:17 AM
It already has the poison keyword. That is extremely easy to get around, as there's everything from an anima power to hearthstones and charms that perfect defend against it.

True, altough I do not remember solars getting PD against poisons.....expect perhaps application of survival charm but it only works on natural elements of Creation than supernatural. Only sure immunity is with wood aspect anima power (plus they are poisonous while anima is active). Heartstones render immunity to it true but it does not change is charm too OP or not (broken charms are ones with no flaws nor defense against it). But as said above the poison or cripple etc is no issue so long WP is in reasonable level (which is App+essence amount and so can be removed in 2-3 days by someone with WP 10 so long lunar is not 10 App and 10 essence).

Zaer Darkwail

Ahaa, I see. Still, anyone without that charm is screwed if charm had stayed in original form :P. But same could be said with Integrity-Protecting Prana. But most cases shaping fucks you more up than poisons/sickness stuff does but the original version of the charm was outright scary. Now it's a decent 4th essence charm with nice prequisite charm.

Dracorion

Alright then, since no one else seems to have a problem with the charm, I've added it to the houserule list.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, sorry if I was troublesome :P. Anyways to confirm my char's contacts are mostly related to ghosts, graveworkers, ancestor cultists or people who someway or another deals with the dead. Only expection is Emerald Dusk which just happens to be a merchant prince (so he is kind expection but all merchant princes make deals with the dead oneway or another; like visit shadowlands for resources or contact dead for information or trade with the dead).

Dracorion

Ah, no problem. Thanks for elaborating on your contacts.  ^-^

Dracorion

Alright, after much deliberation I've decided to increase the player limit. Instead of 7 players, I'm taking in 12.

This means Re Z L, Darkling, Chajesdad and AndyZ can start making characters if they're still interested. If Shadowfox would like to join as well, he's welcome to.

Chajesdad

What were you thinking just now?

https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=31109 Ons and Offs

Dracorion

I just want to reiterate that other character types than those I posted rules for are available. There's Sidereals, and for non-Exalted you could make a God-blood, Dragon King, Fae or anything else.

I just need anyone interested in such a character to PM me with a concept and preferably a backstory if you already have one, since Sidereals in particular might be tricky to integrate into a group of Solars and Lunars. But if you want to play such a character, I'm happy to help you work on it.  ^-^

Chajesdad

Ok, looking into an Eclipse wizard. Can I start with the Dragon-blooded Elemental Bolt Attack?
What were you thinking just now?

https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=31109 Ons and Offs

Dracorion

Yes, you're allowed. But be aware that starting with non-Solar charms at character generation costs twice as many charm slots. That is, if you start Elemental Bolt Attack, it costs two of your starting 10 charms. Or, if you buy it with BP, it costs 6 BP.

Zaer Darkwail

6 BP assuming ability which charm is from is favored. Otherwise it's 8 BP (and elemental bolt uses lore as base ability).

Dracorion

Eclipse's ability to buy non-Solar charms requires that they pay double, but assumes all the charms they buy are favored (though they still have to meet ability/attribute/Essence requirements).

Which is why Eclipses pay 16 xp for non-Solar charms (8 xp for favored x2), 2 charm slots or 6 BP (3 BP for favored charm x2).

Dracorion

I'd have to take a good look at it to say for sure.

But my first instinct would be to say no, because it'd require familiarizing players with another big change, a new design for Lunars. And Thorn has enough on his plate as is.