News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Upcoming games YOU are excited about.

Started by Sel Nar, July 17, 2012, 08:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norwegian One

Oh god, there's so many games I'm looking forward to.

Gears of War Judgment, Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, Warfighter, Rome II, Dishonored, and Injustice: Gods Among Us, just to mention a few :)
Ons and Offs - Picture plots - Cravings - Activity and general chat - Bookmark for activity log and updates on my posting speed
Currently not available for new RPs, random PMs still encouraged! Also, feel free to check out my threads. Feedback is always welcome! - Current response time:  Within 1 week.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Sel Nar on July 18, 2012, 06:20:08 PM
Personally, I'm fairly certain that the zombies will be armed in much the same way the classic zombies are as per the GCN's REmake. (Slow shamblers, if you don't cook 'em or pop their heads, they eventually turn into crimson heads, which are fucking brutal, which eventually turn into Lickers)

Capcom may be insane and have a reputation of beating otherwise good franchises to death (Megaman), but they're not totally stupid; If any zombies have weapons, they'd likely either be infected with Las Plagas (as per RE4 and 5), or they're unable to operate the weapons and basically act as ammo pinatas.

Nope, they are zombies with guns and it isn't the Las Plagas as they were not zombies they where humans that where being controlled by a parasite not a virus. 

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/04/in-resident-evil-6-even-the-zombies-have-guns/

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/resident-evil-6/1222665p1.html

The zombies that wield guns have contracted the C virus.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Wolfy

Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance.

...and also The Secret World.

Shjade

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on July 22, 2012, 09:28:02 PM
The zombies that wield guns have contracted the C virus.

The C standing for "Come on, really?"
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Shjade on July 22, 2012, 09:50:49 PM
The C standing for "Come on, really?"

Yup, it is the main reason of why I am not buying it.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Also Weskers kid

Auron

Sex Bobomb

Bioshock Infinite. My entire gaming life is about that game at the moment. Shook hands with Ken Levine himself and got him, and the VA for Booker DeWitt and Elizabeth to sign a couple of posters.

Other than that? Guild Wars 2 I suppose. I heard Day Z is getting a standalone, that could be awesome.

Shjade

Quote from: Sex Bobomb on July 24, 2012, 08:19:00 AM
I heard Day Z is getting a standalone, that could be awesome.

Not the same people making it.
◕/◕'s

SecretG07

I do believe that WatchDogs is going to be really good!
I'm also looking forward to getting into some Halo 4 and Black Ops 2 with my boys.
Assassin's Creed 3 is going to be good hopefully.
Gamer by day. Gamer by night.

Chris Brady

Apparently, Ubisoft wants to make Watchdogs a signature titles for themselves.   Not sure what this means, but I'm assuming they want it all 'in house' rather then get an outside team to work on it?

Dunno...
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

PennyNarrows

Guild Wars 2, The Last Guardian and Dragon Age 3 (which I know is not coming out for donkey's years but I am so excited!)

Shjade

Quote from: Chris Brady on July 24, 2012, 02:15:09 PM
Apparently, Ubisoft wants to make Watchdogs a signature titles for themselves.   Not sure what this means, but I'm assuming they want it all 'in house' rather then get an outside team to work on it?

Dunno...

Maybe, or they want it to be something they're known for and turn it into a franchise, a la Assassin's Creed. I can't think of what else "signature title" would mean.
◕/◕'s

Sasquatch421

Quote from: PennyNarrows on July 24, 2012, 05:15:21 PM
Guild Wars 2, The Last Guardian and Dragon Age 3 (which I know is not coming out for donkey's years but I am so excited!)

It will still probably be out before FF Versus XIII.... The way that game is going it's going to be the new Duke Nukem Forever....

PennyNarrows

Unfortunately, I think you might be right. :(

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on July 25, 2012, 02:11:00 PM
It will still probably be out before FF Versus XIII.... The way that game is going it's going to be the new Duke Nukem Forever....

Considering that new video of Versus has come out I say it will be out soon, but the news about a highly likely XIII-3 worries me.

Heaven Sent Blossom

Quote from: Chris Brady on July 24, 2012, 02:15:09 PM

Dunno...

It means they want to turn it into a yearly franchise the way they're trying to go with Assassin's Creed. Ubisoft; trying to become the new Activision since 2011.

Personally I'm looking forward to Bayonetta 2. Oh wait, no I'm not because it got canned due to a heady combination of Sega being dicks and the majority of the gaming populous having bad opinions about action games.
I'm not bitter. Not bitter at all.

Darksiders 2 will probably be good. I hope they refine the combat system since it already has a decent amount of depth and finesse and also hope they don't go overboard with the new bells and whistles. Darksiders was the best Zelda game in many, many years and they don't really need to tool around with that formula too much for the sequel in my opinion.

Fire Emblem 3DS is probably my most anticipated thing in the history of anything ever, I'm actually going to buy a 3DS for this game despite my previous "No region free? No sale!" stance. I'm a capricious bitch, don't judge me.
The lack of region free on a handheld is still utterly unacceptable though.

And that's a pretty depressingly small list of games to be excited about all things considered.

Oh and I guess I'm very tentatively excited for the new War for Cybertron game. However that depends entirely on if there is any truth to the rumours I've heard about the game having no co-op. If that's the case then it goes from day one to "buy it when it's £10, preferably preowned to ensure my money never reaches the hands of people who signed off on a decision that bad.". Which would be a shame but I never loved Transformers enough to be enslaved to them so I won't shed many tears about it.

Moraline

I was very disappointed in the direction that Funcom took with The Secret World.. but I'm still craving a modern day setting MMORPG.

So now I'll just sit back and wait for World of Darkness Online.  PM me if you know of any other modern day styled MMORPG's coming out and aren't first person shooters in mmo format. *blargh*

Swashbuckler

Quote from: Moraline on July 27, 2012, 08:56:24 PM
I was very disappointed in the direction that Funcom took with The Secret World.. but I'm still craving a modern day setting MMORPG.

So now I'll just sit back and wait for World of Darkness Online.  PM me if you know of any other modern day styled MMORPG's coming out and aren't first person shooters in mmo format. *blargh*

The only hope I have for MMO's is if Elder Scrolls Online actually happens.

Might give Planetside 2 a shot, but only because after 8 years, I am totally SOE's bitch...:P

Chris Brady

Quote from: Moraline on July 27, 2012, 08:56:24 PM

The WoD MMO is not happening.  Or if it is, it'll be a disaster.  It's been in development hell for almost 7 years now, with nothing to show for it.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Casimir

I've seen amazing demos of the graphics technology for the WoD MMO over the past 3 years, but not a single hint that they're doing anything with it.

Now, I'm excited about the Deadpool game... I know it's probably gonna suck, but come on. Deadpool. Pew pew pew!
Hush Child, the darkness will rise from the deep... and carry you down into sleep.

Moraline

Quote from: Chris Brady on July 28, 2012, 05:23:10 AM
The WoD MMO is not happening.  Or if it is, it'll be a disaster.  It's been in development hell for almost 7 years now, with nothing to show for it.

That's a common misconception. While it was still in early development phase a couple of years ago they released artist renders - common thing for MMO's to do when a game is several years out from release. Prior to that they had only been in the initial concept phase and negotiations for CCP (Eve Online - game dev) to buy out Whitewolf (owner's of WoD.)  Now that they have combined houses they had to still internally negotiate the project direction.  This is about the time we got our initial artist renders for the game.  -- Again this is all fairly typical, especially when talking about 2 different companies merging and working together.

At roughly this time CCP had to take a step back to work on 'fixing' Eve Online after they made a couple of 'mistakes.'  They were already well underway in development with another project called DUST514 for the Xbox360.  Because of economic issues in the gaming industry (and the world) over the last couple of years CCP redeployed resources to the DUST514 game because it was further along in the development cycle. CCP cut some staff - normal after a merger with another company and a few more because of the tough economic times (you've probably noticed a lot of companies in the last couple of years scale back to protect themselves.)

So here we are at the present and just this past winter at EveFest they made all their big announcements about DUST514 release pending and the development of WoD Online.

World of Darkness - EVE Fanfest 2012 presentation (40+ Min Panel)

World of Darkness - EVE Fanfest 2012 presentation

Extract from the Video (Actual In-Game City Setting)
World of Darkness - Official ingame material (Empty city)

The game is fully in development.  It will happen in one form or another.  Eve is a great game (very unique) and I expect this game to be as well.

Cold Heritage

I'm looking forward to Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, even though I didn't really super enjoy War for Cyberton. That might be because I got WfC on console, and I found it awkward as heck to do the whole third person shooter thing with a controller.

Also super-stoked for Borderlands 2.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Moraline on July 28, 2012, 08:16:33 AM
The game is fully in development.  It will happen in one form or another.  Eve is a great game (very unique) and I expect this game to be as well.

All that you've shown me after five years of 'development' is a basic fly through of mostly static art assets for the 'game'.  No animations, no skill system, no character models, just a about two blocks of a cityscape, that may or may not end up in the final game.  No Alpha game play, not even pre-Alpha, nothing to show for all their 'work' on it, other than some basic stuff to tide the fans over.

And being made by a company who have not made any real game or gameplay other than flying space craft, which is completely different than animating a human figure.  That's not say Eve is not impressive.  It is.  Mostly because it's almost entirely player driven.  Their second project is an FPS which most game makers in the industry know is the easiest to pull off (Which apparently is why the entire market is flooded with them.  God, I'm tired of them...)

I stand by my statement.  It's dead.  Right now it's Duke Nukem level vapourware.  They claim to have started it in 2005?  2007?  And nothing.  We got nothing.  WoW, even with Blizzard's original 'It's done when it's done' philosophy, had something in the five years they worked on their game.

Pity, really.  Because the only other modern setting MMO is made by Funcom and frankly, they're not that good at making games.

Revelation

Right now....

Darksiders 2: First was good fun, second looks a solid improvement

Guild wars 2: Soooooooooooo stoked for this, really. Looks like a great MMO thats deviating in ways but remianing somewhat close to the formula.

Dark souls PC: Does this count if i've already played it, but its coming out on PC?

Mists of pandaria: Another MMO I play.

Borderlands 2: See dark siders

....Most of these are sequels *cough*

Hemingway

I need to add a game or two to my list.

First, Remember Me. Because apparently I can only enjoy games with pretentious titles these days. I just hope it's not another one of those games where unrealistic action gets in the way of the rest of the game.

And the second one, which I'm not really certain about, Far Cry 3. I couldn't bring myself to caring about the game initially, for various reasons. But watching some of the trailers and reading about the game, it seems like there might be more to it than over-the-top action. At least judging by the trailers, there are some psychological themes present, too. And I read earlier this month that they intend to, ah, justify the violence within the story. Apparently the people working on the game are as fed up as I am with casual mass murder in games, which I think is harmful. Harmful to the story, that is. I find it difficult to suspend my disbelief when a character with no formal training is able to survive extreme situations and kill entire squads of highly trained soldiers.