California Sunshine [Seeking M]

Started by Le Immortelle, August 12, 2013, 03:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Le Immortelle

First off, credit for the plot seed goes to wonderfully talented writer, CorruptingPower. This is a story which we had going a while ago and it is dead and I would like to revive it.

It's about a spoiled starlet, who basically has the whole world at her feet. Born into old money, rich enough to burn money for her amusement she's someone who is born in attention. As if fulfilling a prophecy she becomes a supermodel and eventually enters the world of acting. The films she does? Action movies and rom-coms is what she's stuck into. She tries, but critics don't respect her whilst her films continue to make money like anything, turning her into a very bankable star but buys her little credibility. She's notorious for her wild life and partying antics along with her penchant for controversy has made her a constant fodder and endless speculation for media to partake into. Arrogant and callous not a very nice person but at the same time not someone who is essentially evil. What she seeks is respect for her craft and after years of big explosions and romantic fluff, she yearns for something more serious and complicated which shall allow her to show off her acting chops seriously and shut mouths of all of her critics.

Your character is an author. Think someone like Bret Easton Ellis or Douglas Coupland. One of the perfect inspirations would be Hank Moody from Californication. Loves his craft, very passionate about arts and life in general. He's been struggling to write his fourth book and in the meantime has two of his novels adapted into Hollywood films which in his opinion, are shit and have been killed off by big studios and mainstream production. So when she learns that this actress has basically bought rights of his book with an aim to produce it independently, it drives him insane.

But here's the catch, she wishes to do it the right way to the point of approaching him for writing the screenplay. The story, is meant to be about how their relationship develops. How both of them make each other grow as a person and most importantly, find the love which they never thought would exist. It is meant to be littered with pop culture/film/literary/music references [Well, at least old version was haha.]. They shall butt heads, he would dislike her immensly initially. I imagine loads and loads of witty banter, until he warms up to her. Besides being a notorious womanizer, she is a male fantasy to say the least. Their dynamic is both funny, deviant and at times fuelled by the disagreements they tend to have every now and then. It's not 'Let's jump in bed' thing, but more like something which builds slowly over the course of time.

This is the concept in a nutshell. I would love to find a long term partner to take on the role of writer for me. Please be aware that I will not be doing this on first come first serve basis as this is a story dear to me. Thank you for reading this and feel free to hit me up on YIM or PM me if you wish to discuss this. :)