Rookshaven Academy - Recruiting All Characters

Started by Anouk Daae, November 20, 2017, 07:34:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

I'm still interested. Just having a hell of a time trying to think of a history for my character. As well as choosing a mythical creature. lol
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Arcana13

Very interested and open to possibilities...
Please contact me to recruit me into a Royal Family or magic type.
Published author, Creative Writing teacher, real life Witch.

Shannon Darque Raven
The moon lay hidden beneath a cloud. Footsteps in the sand etch poetry for another day. There's poetry in my shoes. I write unconventional fiction and poetry and erotica. I am a very romantic and passionate man who wants a romantic and passionate woman.  I am an eccentric pagan best described as a Witch. I'm a highly sexual being.  I guarantee satisfaction for I am relentless.  Come to me, give into the Dark Night.

View my preferences

Anouk Daae

Quote from: persephone325 on November 26, 2017, 02:54:16 AM
I'm still interested. Just having a hell of a time trying to think of a history for my character. As well as choosing a mythical creature. lol

No problem. If you want someone to bounce ideas off of, I'm always around.

devish

Interested!  Will work on a character sheet and find a photo today.
I am the doctor darling
Who used to operate
But I couldn't stand the pain of healing
Only t'watch another woman waste away

Anouk Daae

devish

Player Name:
Devish

Character Name:
Guinevere Lange

Character Nickname (if applicable):
Gwen

Grade Level:
3rd year

Mage Class:
Spirit

Sub-abilities:
Psychic Posession
Aura Reading

Brief History:
Gwen was born to parents who both served in the US military.  Growing up, Gwen and her older and younger sister were moved around frequently depending on their mother's current station until finally settling in Germany for most of her early schooling.  Unknown to either parent, a line of magic ran through her father's line, skipping a few generations or manifesting too subtly to be noticed.  When she began to feel the emotions and thoughts of those around her, her family took her to a psychiatrist, keeping her in therapy for over a year.  While the therapy was not treating the correct underlying cause, it did allow her to create barriers between herself and others, dimming or raising the intensity with more control.  Therapy also provided a better path for her: St. Margaret's and Gwen was able to attend the school at eighteen, shaping and forming her abilities and finding herself among peers she understood and felt she belonged with.

Let me know if I should make any revisions to it, looking forward to catching up on the IC thread!
I am the doctor darling
Who used to operate
But I couldn't stand the pain of healing
Only t'watch another woman waste away

Anouk Daae

Aside from the school name, you're good. St Margaret's was the name of the girl's academy back when there were two schools, before the first uprising. Now, the boy's school is in ruins and St Margaret's was expanded and turned into Rookshaven. I'll add you right away.
Thank you, and welcome!

Dashenka

This looks really interesting. Have I missed the start or are you still in the recruiting phase?
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Anouk Daae

Quote from: Dashenka on November 27, 2017, 03:33:03 AM
This looks really interesting. Have I missed the start or are you still in the recruiting phase?

We are still recruiting, but have also already started playing. Once applied, you can jump right in.

Dashenka

Anouk Daae

Quote from: Dashenka on November 27, 2017, 10:32:51 AM
I have missed the OOC and IC thread then :D

Not a problem. Both are listed at the bottom of the very first post.

Dashenka

Anouk Daae

Anouk Daae

This is sort of a bump.

The school is set in present day and times. Within the upcoming weeks, there will be a Yule Ball - great way for all characters to come together, in one location, wearing their fanciest clothes.
After the ball, shenanigans in the haunted, abandoned boy's school. Followed by a week and a half of "holiday" where there's no classes to be had - just magical students in coed dorms, where demons may or may not be unleashed.
And speaking of demons, ritualistic sacrifices of virgins and the like is also on the menu for 2018.
If any of this sounds interesting, definitely apply!

Lastly, if you have experience as a GM and think you want to take on that role as a Co-GM, message me privately. 

Amarlo

I have to say, I'm intrigued. Is there a character thread though?

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Dashenka

First post of this thread, in the IC is a character roster :)

Chaosfox

Marking an Interest in  this I have an idea for a light or beast  caster  Will probably end up doing a coin toss to chose  the write the character and change my mind.... or just write two characters and have some freinds help me decide who I should play XD.  Either way  I love the story you have put together for this. 
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

Anouk Daae

Quote from: Amarlo on December 01, 2017, 01:11:54 AM
I have to say, I'm intrigued. Is there a character thread though?

Hey Amarlo, as Dashenka mentioned the character list is on the IC thread. The link to the IC thread is at the bottom of the first post for this thread. But just in case that sentence didn't make as much sense on here as it did in my head, you can also click here, and it should take you directly to the the thread with the characters.

Quote from: Chaosfox on December 01, 2017, 08:36:36 AM
Marking an Interest in  this I have an idea for a light or beast  caster  Will probably end up doing a coin toss to chose  the write the character and change my mind.... or just write two characters and have some freinds help me decide who I should play XD.  Either way  I love the story you have put together for this. 

Chaosfox, a Light or Beast character would both be great additions to the group. We currently don't have any Light castors and only one Beast castor, so you're welcome to either. You can also make two characters and apply them both. I, myself, have two characters. If you have questions or ideas you want to toy with, feel free to message me or any other writer in the group for feedback or to establish pre-made connections between characters.

DummieBlondie

this really caught my eye and I am interested on. I have a character idea about a goth chick who is a necromancy caster.

Anouk Daae

Quote from: DummieBlondie on December 06, 2017, 02:15:40 AM
this really caught my eye and I am interested on. I have a character idea about a goth chick who is a necromancy caster.

Ooooooh that sounds really cool!

DummieBlondie

Player Name: DummieBlondie

Character Name: Emily BLACKWELL

Character Nickname (if applicable): Gimbo (mostly behind her back or by close friends to tease her)

Grade Level: First Year of University

Mage Class: Necromancy

Sub-abilities: Life-Force Manipulation, Voodoo

Brief History: Emily's father was from a newly formed necromancer family which managed to climb the ladders of power quickly in the past hundred years at least for financial power. The necromancers are still new in the mage society and organised houses even rarer then necromancers. They were trying to build an empire, a royal blood in the necromancer mages to be able claim that it is their right to be accepted as royal family in the mage society. Maybe not in the near future but their affinity with dark arts gives them to be able to wait for centuries. It was a disaster for Emily's father when his father who was the head of the Eversouls family had found out that his son, his heir expecting a child from a necromancer mage who isn't part of their family who isn't even a pure blooded necromancer like them. They ran away together and tried to lay low but his father had found them eventually. Emily's Grandfather killed and magically made sure that her low life so called mother cannot be revived back from the death. Forcefully brought back his son to be who he planned him to be and ordered the girl to left an orphanage. Even if her father was the next heir to the family, he hadn't have the political power to fight or deny that from happening and one night she has left in front of an orphanage where is known there were some mages taking care of fellow orphan mages.
Emily's childhood was not easy. Being an orphan was something but on the top of that even the other orphan mage children were having second thoughts about getting close to her because of her necromancy. So she picked the easy route and started to stick around with other cast away souls like herself even-if  they were non-magic users. That was when she has found herself in the goth lifestyle. As the years past, that goth lifestyle had a part of her even while she like to look adorable, beautiful or sexy, Emily couldn't stop herself look like a goth chick at the same time. She mostly didn't care about her magical powers or wanted to be a part of the magical community. Emily's beauty was already caught some eyes and she started to work as a photo-model for some heavy metal magazines or sometimes as an eye-candy for rock festivals. Her life as a non-magic user was going great according to her until one of the mages from the orphanage appears after a few months later her 18th birthday and send her to the so called Rookshaven Academy and ends that life. Which she doesn't know that was her father's doing a father who she doesn't have any ideas about who is now the head of the Eversouls family. He had always watched over his little girl and even he hated the life she is living, he couldn't do anything. Least he could do make her get a proper education on both magic and literature while also keeping her away from that rotten life which probably won't end good for eventually.

Anouk Daae

Quote from: DummieBlondie on December 06, 2017, 04:45:16 AM
Player Name: DummieBlondie

Character Name: Emily BLACKWELL

Character Nickname (if applicable): Gimbo (mostly behind her back or by close friends to tease her)

Grade Level: First Year of University

Mage Class: Necromancy

Sub-abilities: Life-Force Manipulation, Voodoo

Brief History: Ashley is daughter of a two light binder mages. her parents are coming from maybe not one of those big royal families but both of the families are proud users of light magic for generations. Her father's family is taking that light binding magic so highly that every new born child should be able use the light magic to get the family Surname, Everlight. those who are unable use light bending or not any magic at all have to use the Blackwell surname. When Ashley was born her mom past away during the birth even the magical rituals couldn't save her beloved mother Samantha from the death. when the family had found out that she was not a light binder and on top of that she is one of those abominations, the necromancers. Some says that was because of the rituals they tried to save her mother, some says that she was child of a lover affair her mother had with some dark binders. The truth about source of her uncommon powers maybe still unknown both to her and her family. But when her powers was started to be known in the family, most of the members wanted to cast her away. Even if her father was the next heir to the family, he hadn't have the political power to fight or deny that from happening and one night she has left in front of an orphanage where is know there were some mages taking care of fellow orphan mages.
Emily's childhood was not easy. Being an orphan was something but on the top of that even the other orphan mage children were having second thoughts about  getting close to her. so she picked the easy route and started to stick around with other cast away like herself even they were non-magic users. That was when she has found herself in the goth lifestyle. As the years past, that goth lifestyle had a part of her even while she like to look adorable, beautiful or sexy, Emily couldn't stop herself look like a goth chick at the same time. She mostly didn't care about her magical powers or wanted to be a part of the magical community. Emily's beauty was already caught some eyes and she started to work as a photo-model for some heavy metal magazines or sometimes as an eye-candy for rock festivals. Her life as a non-magic user was going great until one of the mages from the orphanage appears after a few months later her 18th birthday and send her to the so called Rookshaven Academy. Which she doesn't know that was her father's doing who is now the head of the Everlight family. He had always watched over his little girl and even he hated the life she is living, he couldn't do anything. Least he could do make her get a proper education on both magic and literature while also keeping her away from that rotten life which probably won't end good for eventually.

A few things
1) Who is Ashley?
2) If your character is a mixed class, they can only have 1 ability.
3) If Ashley is a typo and you meant Emily, then the first sentence says her parents were two light binders - in which case she would be a light binder and not a necromancer.

Fix or clarify those notes, and she'd be good to go.

DummieBlondie

Quote from: Anouk Daae on December 06, 2017, 09:34:59 AM
A few things
1) Who is Ashley?
2) If your character is a mixed class, they can only have 1 ability.
3) If Ashley is a typo and you meant Emily, then the first sentence says her parents were two light binders - in which case she would be a light binder and not a necromancer.

Fix or clarify those notes, and she'd be good to go.

1) it was a typo and should be Emily.
2) I wasn't planning her to be a mixed class actually a true and pure necromancer.
3) I was thinking about the rituals they performed to save her mother during the birth  awaken the dormant necromantic heretic which they had in the bloodline from before.

if those are okay i will update the character info accordingly.

Anouk Daae

Quote from: DummieBlondie on December 06, 2017, 10:09:01 AM
1) it was a typo and should be Emily.
2) I wasn't planning her to be a mixed class actually a true and pure necromancer.
3) I was thinking about the rituals they performed to save her mother during the birth  awaken the dormant necromantic heretic which they had in the bloodline from before.

if those are okay i will update the character info accordingly.

1) Ok so Emily then
2-3) How would she be a pureblood necromancer if both of her parents are light?
I would have to veto the ritual/birth idea, since we already have a character that had something similar happen.

DummieBlondie

Quote from: Anouk Daae on December 06, 2017, 10:44:14 AM
1) Ok so Emily then
2-3) How would she be a pureblood necromancer if both of her parents are light?
I would have to veto the ritual/birth idea, since we already have a character that had something similar happen.

okay fair enough, I will rework on her family background and excuse to left her orphanage and update the character information accordingly