Love Island [This game has ended]

Started by Mellific, July 31, 2019, 08:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swashbuckler

Dragongoddess

Are all characters going to get posted at once or will it be a "as they come in" thing?

Mellific

Quote from: Dragongoddess on August 02, 2019, 09:10:12 AM
Are all characters going to get posted at once or will it be a "as they come in" thing?

Characters will be posted as they are approved. So far, I've gotten a couple of sheets, but no one has been approved yet. Typically I ask for people to edit their sheets, then resubmit them when edits are necessary. So, once we have approved characters, they will get posted up.

O/O | A/A | MM

Dragongoddess

Quote from: Mellific on August 02, 2019, 09:15:08 AM
Characters will be posted as they are approved. So far, I've gotten a couple of sheets, but no one has been approved yet. Typically I ask for people to edit their sheets, then resubmit them when edits are necessary. So, once we have approved characters, they will get posted up.
Thank you!

Mellific

I've made an OOC for those of you who are planning to join or are working on sheets. Feel free to drop in there! Here it is!

O/O | A/A | MM

Lyrical

Quote from: Mellific on August 03, 2019, 12:42:34 PM
I've made an OOC for those of you who are planning to join or are working on sheets. Feel free to drop in there! Here it is!
Made my corrections and resubmitted my sheet.

Will we be expected to write up our character interviews for the pre-show advertising?

Mellific

Quote from: Sarita on August 03, 2019, 12:59:28 PM
Made my corrections and resubmitted my sheet.

Will we be expected to write up our character interviews for the pre-show advertising?

When each character is introduced (everyone's first post), I'll be asking that everyone share a brief blurb about themselves, like the 'intro videos' in the shows. How you do it is up to you.  ;D

O/O | A/A | MM

Lyrical

Can't wait to start snogging with a cute boy  ;D

Edit - I meant to say that I got my character sheet, submitted, approved, and posted as instructed.

Norsegod1839

Can't wait to dish that hot goss!

One of the best parts of the show was learning the verbage of different countries.

Swashbuckler

lustfulintentions

Quote from: Sarita on August 03, 2019, 07:14:17 PM
Can't wait to start snogging with a cute boy  ;D

Edit - I meant to say that I got my character sheet, submitted, approved, and posted as instructed.

Not going to lie-I love your character. Nicely done!

Lyrical

Aren't you a sweetie.  Thank you.

I wonder how many more people we need to get started?

I think we are at 3 guys and 4 girls. In the season I watched they had 6 guys and 5 girls to start. I assume the seasons are all different though, but it's always got to start with a love triangle of some kind.

Norsegod1839

Nah thats the norm! Uneven number so someone has to go home!

Dragongoddess

Not in season one.  In season one, it was even.  Also, I have a girl heading in for submission as soon as I find a name for her.  Right now, I'm between three from which I'm having a REALLY hard time choosing.

Mellific

This is a good point. I had thought about doing both an even number and an uneven number. I'm not sure that I want someone going home straight away. But I suppose I was also waiting to see who we got coming into the mix. Sarita is right, we're at 4 girls and 3 guys. I'm planning on making one girl and one guy. Just need to figure out who I want to play. xD

O/O | A/A | MM

lustfulintentions

Quote from: Dragongoddess on August 04, 2019, 09:04:51 PM
Not in season one.  In season one, it was even.  Also, I have a girl heading in for submission as soon as I find a name for her.  Right now, I'm between three from which I'm having a REALLY hard time choosing.

I hereby volunteer my services to help with selection. :P

Dragongoddess

I will be joining as a female and I heard from one of my friends that he would like to submit a male (though I'm not sure if he has done so already or not)

Mellific

I just wanted to put it up here that I would like a few more male characters for this game. So, if you're interested, please let me know!

Also, I'm planning to start the game sometime this week. But, if you want to join and we've already gotten started, you can still make a CS and we can use your character as a 'new arrival' when that time comes.

O/O | A/A | MM

Lyrical

Quote from: Mellific on August 06, 2019, 10:46:35 AM
I just wanted to put it up here that I would like a few more male characters for this game. So, if you're interested, please let me know!

Also, I'm planning to start the game sometime this week. But, if you want to join and we've already gotten started, you can still make a CS and we can use your character as a 'new arrival' when that time comes.
All of the yeses. 

Where dem boys at? This is the easiest way to couple with a lovely lady.

No previous knowledge required, Mel does a great job describing it all. Basically all you need to do is show up, look cute, and next thing you know you're cuddling with a lovely lady in bed! In a room with maybe like 10 other people all coupled up in beds but still. You've never had an easier date.

- makes Sims sounds - WOOHOO

Dragongoddess

Quote from: Sarita on August 06, 2019, 11:39:23 AM
All of the yeses. 

Where dem boys at? This is the easiest way to couple with a lovely lady.

No previous knowledge required, Mel does a great job describing it all. Basically all you need to do is show up, look cute, and next thing you know you're cuddling with a lovely lady in bed! In a room with maybe like 10 other people all coupled up in beds but still. You've never had an easier date.

- makes Sims sounds - WOOHOO
I thought it was 12 and what are we saying?  Snogging's not off the table with some of these girls.  Come on now, gents!

Lyrical

I think the number will depend on how many join.

On Season 2 of UK Love Island (the only one I've watched so far). They started with 11 (6 guys, 5 girls). So it started out with 5 new couples and one of them was in a sort of love triangle. Then they very quickly introduced another boy and let the couples shatter their current couplings.

That's basically how the show goes, give them a day or 3 to get used to each other, fun and games, and then introduce new bodies to shake things up.

Malia Magnus Wolfe

I love the show :)

Is it possible to play two characters? A guy and a girl? obviously I don't plan to couple them up with each other.

Dragongoddess

Quote from: Malia Magnus Wolfe on August 07, 2019, 06:43:39 AM

Is it possible to play two characters? A guy and a girl? obviously I don't plan to couple them up with each other.
I don't see why not.  Our GM has the same thing going on.

Mellific

Quote from: Malia Magnus Wolfe on August 07, 2019, 06:43:39 AM

Yes, you most definitely can do that. We're starting the game now, but still accepting sheets for new arrivals.  ;D

O/O | A/A | MM