Lanterns Corp.

Started by KnightNelson20, May 26, 2011, 12:34:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KnightNelson20

((Disclaimer- I do not claim any of these pictures as my own. The idea i made myself and some of the powers are the same as the ones the original rings bear. A few rings have been changed to better fit this rp as well as the way the rings came into being have changed. please keep this in mind as you read the post. ))

There was once a great order of heroes know as the Green Lanterns. They were noble and just in their cause to protect the universe from evil. But they were over run and their source of power the Lantern destroyed itself so not to be in the hands of evil. Its pieces scattered to the universe. Some landed on planets and fused with the energy the planet hand to offer. Creating a mini lantern so that it would live on till one day it would once again be whole.

Earth- Home of the Green Lantern. The only Green Lantern left in the whole universe. This lantern is the purest of them all. With the power only limited by the wielders own mind. Green Lantern wields a power ring that can generate a variety of effects, sustained purely by the ring wearer's imagination and strength of will. The greater the user's willpower, the more effective the ring. The upper limits of the power ring's abilities remain undefined, and it has been referred to as "the most powerful weapon in the universe" on more than one occasion. It has also been stated[by whom?] that every weapon has a weakness and the weakness a Green Lantern ring has is its wearer (though some argue that this is its strength).

Two lanterns formed on the Planet of Eirith. Its desolate fire and brimstone surface makes it a hell of a place. This is where the illusion of demons come from on Earth. This planet is home to creatures of fire and rock as well as thous of demonic look and feel that can stand the heat.
Red Lanterns (pictured right)
Red Lanterns use red power rings, fueled by the rage of their users and those around them. Like other power rings, the ring covers the user in a protective aura which shields them from harm and enables flight. The power ring fires blasts of rage energy. The user's blood is replaced by a form of corrosive, rage-energized blood. The user can regurgitate this blood. The blood has the effect of bursting into flames of rage; the flames are so potent that they will burn even in space.

Orange Lantern (pictured Left)
The Orange lantern is one of insatiable hunger. Not of food but of power. Feeding off of other power sources to use as its own. It has the power to absorb the energy of  other lantern rings and use it as its own. In addition. Those the wielder kills are ingrained into the ring allowing the wielder to take their form and use their power. One of the more sinister rings but it is sated when in the presence of the blue ring.

The planet of Kamon. Two lanterns formed here as well. This planet is inhabited by angelic beings. This planet also rotates at the same speed as its sun. Making one side forever cast in darkness while the other is always in cased in light. They tend to not get along very well at times.

Blue Lanterns are armed with a blue power ring, fueled by the emotion hope. While hope is the most powerful of the seven emotions, Blue Lanterns must be near an active Green Lantern's power ring to tap into their own rings' full power. Otherwise, the rings are only capable of the default abilities of flight and a protective aura. This is a result of the fact that the power of hope is nothing without the willpower to enact it. Blue rings must be fueled by true hope in order to operate at their user's command.
While under the influence of a nearby green power ring, Blue Lanterns can heal wounds. The ring's power can be supplemented with the hope of other living beings. A blue ring can negatively impact the performance of rings on the opposite side of the emotional spectrum. It can neutralize the corruptive effects of red power rings, block the energy-stealing properties of orange rings (as well as nullify its side effects on the bearer of it). Conversely, a blue ring can charge a green power ring to twice its maximum power level. Blue power rings manifest their constructs mainly by reading the target's psyche, but can make constructs like the other corps. Blue rings can also grant precognitive visions to their wielders. (held by a light angel)

Indigo Rings.  Like all power rings, indigo rings appear to be capable of the default Corps abilities of flight and protective aura generated. Indigo power rings provide their users with the ability to perceive compassion in others and to force compassion onto those who feel none. Paradoxically, indigo light has the ability to heal individuals with great empathy and also to expose people to pain they've inflicted on other people. Members of the Indigo Tribe are able to use their light to teleport themselves and others with a range that can traverse vast intergalactic distances. This ability utilizes a great deal of power from an indigo power ring. They can also channel the power of other rings and use their power but only if allowed to by the other wielder. Unlike the Orange Lantern which is able to simply steal another rings power.

Lumasphere. A planet filled with lush forest and greenery. Home to a race of fairy like creatures. In tune to nature around them.

Violet power rings are fueled by the emotion of love. They allow their wearer to fly, generate a protective aura (which creates distinct feathered and organic shapes), and create violet light constructs. Violet rings have several unique abilities. They can create crystals which can be used to imprison people including others that wield lanterns. Over time, the rings of the prisoners trapped in stasis within the crystals are infected with violet energy turning their ring violet as well. (only after a very long period of time no worries of that happening in here) The rings can also detect when a love is in jeopardy, locate it, and then create a connection to the embattled heart that can be used as a tether. Able to show others their greatest love.  Unlike constructs created by Green Lanterns, Orange Lanterns cannot absorb those made by a violet ring. Able to teleport in order to escape attackers, while their constructs release a disorienting dust when destroyed. These two abilities can be combined effectively to avoid being pursued. Violet power rings can restore the recently deceased to life by drawing power from the heart of one that loves them.

Kumari a lush planet 87% of which is water. As such all how inhabit it can breathe underwater and swim much like that of a mermaid. But upon walking on land their fish like lower half become legs and they can walk and talk much as humans do.

The Yellow ring took full use of the element of the planet and as such the yellow ring bearer has the complete control of water in all of its forms. The yellow ring also has the default abilities of flight and protective aura. As well as being able to manifest constructs based on their will.

Denerum. A planet where the power of magic and technology come together. People on this planet look no different than humans but have greatly enhanced intellect as well as magical abilities.

The White Ring. The exact capabilities and limitations of white power rings are still unknown, but they have been shown as capable of providing their bearers with the default Corps abilities of flight, protective aura generation, and light construct creation.

The Story Line So Far

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
So now for the story line. I will be playing the wielder of the white ring. I have tapped into the ring using my knowledge and magic to see how it came to be. Learning of how the original lantern imploded i plan on recreating it using all the rings. So i have activated a beacon on the rings to call all of us to a empty spot in the universe to meet where we will create it.

I will be accepting 3 more males and 4 females. In total 8 people. You will come in having had the rings for sometime. In the beginning it will be about the call being sent out and you travelling not knowing why you have been called. All you know is that you are following the ring. Will you meet other ring bearers in your travels? Will you get along? Will you fight? Thats all up to you.

For now this is just an interest check. when i have enough interest i will post a cs that i request you pm to me. After i review applications i will approve the best people i believe will be good for this rp. I don't mean to be mean but there are only 8 rings. As for the evil that destroyed the Lantern at first. I am open to people suggesting ideas. the best idea may be used as the evil still present giving us something else to fight. when that has been chosen i will also create a cs for that group as well as a separate thread for evil plotting and an evil storyline until the two stories come to a crossing point. Please let me know any thoughts and ideas on the matter. Thank you!

Starlequin

Hm. We find ourself intrigued by your ideas, and wish to subscribe to your newsletter. Would definitely be interested in taking up the Green Lantern. We'll keep an eye on this; hope it garners enough interest to get off the ground.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Le Immortelle

I would love to take on the Orange Lantern. :)

KnightNelson20

im glad to see some interest. i need at least two more before i put up a cs.

Kaisude

Hey guys and gals. I'm co gming this game, and I will be making a cs for you all probably sometime tomorrow.

Starlequin

Most excellent to have you with us, Kaisude. I'm glad to see this one didn't get left behind.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Kaisude

No just been a little busy as has KN.

KnightNelson20

[b]Name[/b]:(Self explanatory)
[b]Age[/b]:(Self explanatory)
[b]Race[/b]:(Depending on what planet you are on you might have to be a native of that planet.)
[b]Lantern/Power[/b]:(Keep in mind that the lanterns are all on different planets, and there are all set powers for each lantern, but if you wish to discuss a different power for a lantern. We will be able to work with you, to make sure it flows with the story.)
[b]Appearance[/b]:(A picture will work just fine, but if there is something off about the picture and you want to add on to it. Feel free to write out a little description.)
[b]Bio[/b]:(Just a little bit of the back story. Mostly how they came to find the lantern, or how the lantern came to find them.)

Remember please PM me your request and I will look over them. This is just in case we have multiple applications for the same ring. Id like not to cause drama over who's cs was better!

KnightNelson20

I currently have 3 applications. just to keep you all informed.