Tsais wants... (F looking for anyone)

Started by Tsais, December 29, 2011, 05:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsais

A few notes to start off with:
-Please read my ons and offs. Some of my offs are immediate story-killers.
-Occasionally my muse deserts me,  get caught up in schoolwork, or World of Warcraft returns for my soul. I will need understanding if the posts get a little slow, that said, I will try to post at least every other day of decent length.
-I feel that my writing is of good quality, but I would very much like to improve it. Good writing matters to me and the way I'd like to improve my writing is to write with others who write well and try to live up to their excellent example.
-I've never really RPed much in the forums, and my IM roleplay files are gone. I don't have much in the way of writing samples that I can provide. My deepest apologies.
-I cannot write dumb, bubbly, dimwitted, complacent characters. Sorry.
-My "i" key is semi-broken. I try very hard not to omit i's, but I may miss the occasional i.
-If you wish to reply, please send a PM. I love mail and it is far easier for me to keep track of.
-I have no gender preferences, have fun with that.
-I do not NEED to write one of my own ideas, but if you wish to PM me and idea of your own, please have a solid idea. A single sentence for a story idea is not a firm idea.

Title: Give it Just a Twist
Genre: Urband fantasy/scifi
Universe: Wild Cards (an in-depth knowledge is not necessary)
Plot: Lia's parents kept the truth secret for years, but now she's in college, an adult, and the choice is hers. The Wild Card virus got to her when she was just six years old, but at least she was one of the lucky one percent. She lived and her triumph in life came paired with incredible power. The first, and only person, she's told so far is her best friend. Lia described her power as the ability to twist reality. "Just pinch it a little and look at it sideways and when you blink it sort of just rights itself, but in a new way," she whispered and demonstrated by turning her brown hair a lovely copper. "The more I change reality, the more effort it takes. Changing my hair to another natural color takes almost no effort, but if I want to change it bright blue, it makes me a bit sort of breath. If I changed my little Honda to a Ferrari, I'd probably need a few days' rest. I've never actually tried a change that significant." Lia hopes her friend takes it well and realizes the implications. She's had feelings for her friend since they met a few months ago and with her power, she could be her friend's ideal of beauty.

Title:
Genre: Fantasy
Universe: Original
Plot: The highest caste are the riders of dragons. The riders serve as messengers, warriors, scouts, and hunters to their people. Dragons themselves are not sentient and bond with only one human in their life and will kill those they choose not to bond with. For those that survive as dragon riders, they become more resistant to heat, cold, and poisons, have greater stamina, and have a longer life expectancy. If this were not so, the heat of a dragon's hide would burn the skin from any rider's thighs, the gravitational stresses of flight would kill them, and their naturally long-lived dragon would mourn itself to death after the short span of human years were used up. Kethrya took the trials, won her dragon, and now rides the skies as a scout and huntress. Her bow is an extension of herself and she is a terror in the skies. Though she is only 20, she has killed a dozen other dragonriders in border skirmishes.
One day, as she flies close to the border, she and her dragon, Marbrand, take down a dragon, but as they swoop in for a kill, Keth is stopped by a pair of fierce eyes.

That's all for now, new updates will be added as I discover more cravings.  ;)
[Ons&Offs]
As she laughed I was aware of becoming involved in her laughter and being part of it, until her teeth were only accidental stars with a talent for squad-drill. I was drawn in by short gasps, inhaled at each momentary recovery, lost finally in the dark caverns of her throat, bruised by the ripple of unseen muscles. An elderly waiter with trembling hands was hurriedly spreading a pink and white checked cloth over a rusty green iron table, saying: "If the lady and gentleman wish to take their tea in the garden, if the lady and gentleman wish to take their tea in the garden..." I decided that if the shaking of her breasts could be stopped, some of the fragments of the afternoon might be collected, and I concentrated my attention with careful subtlety to this end.
[Entertain Me]