On High Seas: A Game of Pirates (Looking for Female Captives)

Started by Urbanzorro, February 12, 2013, 02:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urbanzorro

I'll get an updated list up in a min or two. :D

There we go, updated.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Haloriel

Name: 'Lady' Cassandra Middleton-Howard

Height: 5’9 (1.74m)
Weight: ‘This question is utterly disgusting ...’
Hair Colour: Strawberry Blonde.
Eye Colour: Crystalline Blue-Green.

Musical Inspiration: Abdelazer (also spelled "Abdelazar") Movement 2, Rondeau - Henry Purcell (composer)

Position: Lady Cassandra Middleton is to start as a captive, eventually working her way up to Ship’s Physician through storyline. 

Personality: There are words that could be used to describe Lady Cassandra, which are as follows: stubborn, prideful, resourceful, intelligent, passionate, and most of all compassionate when it suits the moment.  She is quick thinking and can use at least some weaponry and fond of bookish pursuits enough to learn a thing or two.

Biography: While many a woman of the 17th century is often willing to take what she is given and shut up, Lady Middleton-Howard is not one such.  While born the daughter of the Earl Carlisle - she is known to be one of at least two baseborn children that were well provided for. Unlike many men, she had a proper education alongside her half brother, heir to the title.  Though a bastard, she has enjoyed every bit of her father's status as well as being fully aware her mother - a Miss Georgiana Middleton - was born of solid gentry stock and became a courtesan to make her life more simple rather than needing to wed or worse - take a position.  It could be said that her mother, called the 'Swan Princess' in her heyday - is nothing short of famous in the right circles around London, Bath and particularly the cities of Calais and Paris.

Weapons/Equipment: Lady Cassandra carries with her a smallish ‘Queen Anne’ pistol with ornate silver decoration, which was a gift to her on her 18th name day.  Three bladed weapons are hidden in various areas beneath relatively lavish attire suited for the child of an English Peer: a dirk, and two more smallish blades, plain blades.

Character's Orientation/Likes/Dislikes: Heterosexual, but could probably be “forced” otherwise.  All depends on the writing of the character as things occur.

Player's Offs: No bathroom play, nor maiming and no godmodding.  Most important thing is communicate with me. I’m good with many things - but please don’t force me to suspend my disbelief, either - such as with modernity thrown too much in any writing.  Other questions?  Take a look at my offs and ons - here.  It’s a read - I’ll warn!

And Lady Cassandra is up!  Thank you Urbanzorro. :)

xPeachyPuff

Alrighty. Managed to pull this together, hope she's alright! I'll re read it later as I'm about to go in the shower and go out to do some errands, so if things don't make sense please forgive me for now and I'll edit it later. Otherwise any feedback on her would be appriciated. (: Thank you and hope everyone likes her!

-xSRx

Name Trinity 'Scarlett' Valentine

Gender Female
Age 22
Position Ship's main cook

Appearance: Trinity stands at around 5'2" and has a very petite and slender figure. Although she does posses feminine curves, they are in propotion to her small frame. Her hair is long, reaching the small of her lower back and her eyes are a deep chestnut colour with dark, thick lashes. Trinity has a very delicate, fragile body from being ill for so long and finds it hard to physically stand up for herself but that doesn't hold back her sharp tongue. She often gets herself into trouble when things brew down to fighting because of her loud mouth. Her skin in very pale, almost like porcelain due to part of her illness.

Personality Trinity is a very hormonal character; one moment she could be the best of friends with you and the next she could verbally rip your head off. She's usually a very friendly person and enjoys alone time as well as being with the group and although she may seem quiet at times, be assured that she is quietly judging you and forming an opinion of you. She won't tell you what she's thinking to begin with, but she doesn't really need to. The redhead is very much an open book with her emotions; they radiate from her words and body language, so make sure you look out for that. Although she is aboard a pirate ship, she does have her morals and standards and doesn't give two shits about making them known. She has a bit of a dirty mouth, something that's developed over time with the crew and enjoys friendly banter. Once she has set her mind to something it's very hard to steer her from that thought. She enjoys cooking and it gives her a sense of purpose and relaxation. Although she can sometimes be quiet and enjoy being by herself, she doesn't like to think of herself as 'easy' or 'placid'. She can give as good as she gets and isn't afraid to stick up for herself most of the time and she enjoys playing hard-to-get to some degree. Trinity doesn't like to admit it, but because of her illness she can be very weak and in need of attention, even if it's just to watch her to make sure she's alright; it's brought on an extreme sense of pride for her and she absolutely hates being constantly watched or cared for. She keeps her mouth shut a lot of the time when she feels dazed or weak.

Biography Trinity was born in a poor village residing on a main Harbor. Her mother and father were poor people who just managed to get by with their butchers store on the front of the harbor. The two didn't plan on having a child any time soon, even though her father was getting on in years, simply because they didn't want to bring up a son or daughter in a world where they could barely afford to keep themselves alive; another mouth to feed would be such a blow on their finances. Despite them being careful, they found that she was with child and all they could do was keep each other strong. Her father put in extra hours at the butchers and the mother helped when she could, though her hours decreased as she became heavier. Trinity was born late in the night and weeks earlier than planned; she was very tiny and frail. They managed to sustain her with the help of a local doctor and although she was so small, she started off without trouble. When she was around four years old, Trinity developed pneumonia which caused her to lose weight, struggle with breathing and even movement was hard for her. Being so young, she didn't understand what was happening and would constantly cry which drove her mother mad. The woman struggled with depression for a long time while her child was sick, thinking that it was a curse on her family because she left her noble parents to marry the man she loved.

Trinity grew up with her illness for years before any improvement was noticeable. When she could, she helped out with her father in the butchers but she would usually just sit in the store and look out the window at the sea. Her mother was extremely depressed for a long time, but when Trinity showed an interest in cooking, she began to perk up and would teach her daughter a few things; it soon turned into full blown meals. Around the age of 15, Trinity had managed to fight off the server pneumonia and with the help of the doctor, she got better with only one thing to remember it by. She'd been left anemic but it was something she managed to get past with medicine from the doctor. She never cured it, but the pills she'd been given helped her to cope with the weakness. She had the occasional dizziness and throughout her life she'd collapsed a few times, but it wasn't anything that left her in real need of a doctor.

Little did her parents know, Trinity had developed a love of the sea; all those years of staring out of the store window had stirred something inside of her. She was now of age and felt she could make her own decisions, but her parents didn't think the same. She expressed to her father that she wanted to go out at sea, but he told her she had to stay home because she was so sick. The shop would often see different people in different jobs come through the front door and they would always tell her of stories of the sea; mermaids, giant fish, boats, different lands, it all excited her equally. When she spoke to her father about it again, he refused to let her leave and it made her consider running away. As long as she had her medication, she would be find. She felt so much better than she had ever done and her dream of going out at sea and seeing new things kept her alive and bright. She slipped out of her home above the store later that night and managed to convince herself to sneak onto a boat, which she managed. The girl was found to be a stoleway but instead of being cast overboard she was placed in the kitchens to earn her keep.

Weapons/Equipment Being the cook, she is around knives most of the time and feels more comfortable using them in battle; she has no weapon that belongs specifically to her, but would be willing to use things given to her.

Character's Orientation/Likes/Dislikes Straight/Bi-curious - Trinity likes passionate partners who aren't afraid to act on their feelings and who know what they want. She enjoys affection whether it be publicly or intimately and very much likes the idea of a challenge. She very much likes partners who have an equally bad mouth (lots of cursing) and who are a little rough around the edges. (NC is also perfectly fine with MC, though she wouldn't particularly enjoy it.)

Player's Offs: Pregnancy, Bathroom play of any kind, Mutilation and Needles. (I don't mind them being in the RP, but with MC I would prefer none of these be involved. Look into my O/O's and if you have something in mind that is in the maybe/no section, please contact me and I'll see what I can do to compromise or something. If I say no, though, I mean no. Sorry!)

Healergirl

Hi Urbanzorro,

I created this character for a pirate game than never got off the ground, what to you think?

Mary Nash was a born sailor  Literally.  She was born in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean as her parents emigrated to the Virginia colony.  Her father was an oysterman, her mother ran a cookhouse.  Mary started helping in the cookhouse as soon as she was big enough to hold a plate, but the sea always called to her, she begged, whined, threw tantrums, snuck aboard and stowed away, whatever it took to be out on the water with her dad.  Oyster fishing in the Chesapeake bay was a good life, even for mediocre oystermen, and her father was far from mediocre, he had a knack for it in fact.

But Mary wanted more.  She was far from unhappy she loved her parents, her siblings, life out on the bay with her dad was pleasant indeed.  But she could see the tall ships entering and leaving the sheltered waters of the great bay and as soon as her brothers were big enough to fill in, she signed aboard a ship headed for the Caribbean.

It was not quite what she had hoped for.  The ocean was glorious, she had been out on the open sea before, short trips and the long hours she spent up in the rigging on the journey south were blissful indeed.  But the captain... he wasn't the man her father was.  A good sort, not particularly brutal to the crew, he took no liberties with her, or the other woman aboard.  But he was cheap.  The sails were not the best, the ropes were a bit frayed.  And the gunpowder in the armory, inferior.  This came back to haunt them.

Their ship was a Barque, and old vessel, not well cared for.  The pirate was a sleek, carefully groomed vessel  packed with fighting men and cannon.  They didn't have a prayer of escape, and the damn fool captain was too proud to give in.  They fought and lost.

They could have won.  Mary had always had a knack with guns.  Despite being not much taller than a typical musket, she took to them like a natural.  As the pirate came alongside, raking the Barque with grapeshot, grappling hooks arcing over the rail, Mary fired at who she thought was the captain.  Hit him dead center of the chest, too.  And then he got up.  The powder, the powder.  She snarled, reloaded, fired again, hit again.  As the Pirate skipper got up again, and led the charge over the rail onto the deck Mary could clearly see both bullets embedded in his leather doublet.

The boarding action was over in less than a minute.  The enraged pirate chief's aim towards Mary was clear:  Rape and murder, with a side dish of torture.  His crew overruled him.  They thought it was damned funny that their chief had nearly had his ticket punched - twice - by a slip of a girl.  They gave her two choices:  She could choose to be passed around like a sack of wine and get dumped over the side with her throat cut.  Or she could choose to sign on with the crew..  She chose wisely.

There was only one major prize taken after she signed on, a merchantman.  Impressed by her marksmanship in defense of her own vessel, the pirates gave her a chance to show what she could do with a decent musket and powder.  She did well, picking off the quarry's helmsman, and the man who tried to replace him a a crucial moment.

And now she is in Port Royal, paid off and looking for a new ship.  The freedom, the sheer rush of life and combat at sea has stirred something in her soul.

Of course some editing will need to be done to fit the circumstances of the start of this game - one of the reasons the original game failed was, i think, due to the fact that recruiting the crew was part of the IC play.  A splendid idea, I enjoyed the Rp, but not suitable for Forum play, it took too long and the game died before we even got out of port.

Now, in your character list, you mentions we cold play characterws who were captives, or about to be captives.  Hm, I culd leave out the background text about the loss of her ship, if you are starting things off with a bang, I'd love to actually play out the fight IC.  Nonlethal hits on the captain, or perhaps the master-at-arms  (the crew would love that), then scrambling through the upper rigging to avoid capture, then on the deck enduring relatively minor abuse while the pirates argue about what to do with her, fun fun!

As I'm sure you are aware, recruiting from beaten merchant crews was a prime source of new pirates.  Pirates being what they were, having one or more of their officers almost checked off of this mortal coil by a small woman is a sea story that would never get old.

The tricky part is for Mary to put up enough of a fight to draw notice, but if she were to actually kill two senior members fo the crew... she would not survive her capture for longer that it would take the pirates to pass her around like a jug of rum, then throw her over the side with her throat cut.  But if the happenstance of bad gunpowder is what saves her targets, well, pirate humor comes into play, and they will be eager to see what she can do with decent weapons and ammunition.

And of course, just because Mary Nash is part of the crew doesn't mean that grudges are not held.

This should not be a long involved process, and if it would fit what you have in mind better, Mary Nash can simply begin as a part of the crew.

What do you think?

selfexiled

This has my attentions to be sure. I'll be lookin through the crew list to see what's still open and go from there. I admit ahead of time I'm poor at adding pictures. But I could write out a description if that will suffice.
Originality is fast becoming obsolete, to make a trully unique world all your own is the mark of a great writer, artist, thinker.

Uhm ONs/Offs link
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=134455.msg5990414#msg5990414

Absences:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180093.0

selfexiled

Image: http://www.ufc.com/media/154-weighin-gallery#i=34

Name: Brom "Taskmaster" Quincy

Position: Boatswain

Personality: A hard edged man bent on precision and protocal. Nothing goes wrong if everyone and everything does the job thier supposed to when thier supposed to. However he does have a heart hidden behind all that rigid by the bookness but it's hard to find.

Biography: Grew up as a nobody with no grand tales of life before the sea except that he swore to never live in the gutter when he was able to leave home. His first stop was a cabin boy on in the Royal Navy. When he wasn't needed by the captian for something menial he was serving under the ship's boatswain or quartermaster swabbing decks and repairing sail and line. It was hard and many times his fingers bled and his body ached but it was a far cry from living on the streets hoping you had an odd job that would feed you for the week.That being said he was often making friends with the cooks to ensure he always had a way to eat. After being "retired" by a captain who seemed to simply have a splinter in his ass everytime they crossed paths Brom took to plying his trade for other ships reguardless of thier flag but certainly refused to sail under a Naval flag ever again and jumped at the chance to board and assualt one.

Weapons/Equipment: While comfortable with all manner of boarding "tools" he maintains his own cutless which is really very simple and shows signs of age. He's never without a dagger either, which he uses more on the lines of the ship than anything else so it stays very clean and very sharp. He was seen shaving with it once. Though he does carry a unique item with him always, a short handled gaff hook that he keeps sharper than its job demands.

Character's Orientation/Likes/Dislikes: Very much a straight man that has punched out a fellow more making advances. Being a man of order and disipline he expects the same everywhere he goes, if he says do it he expects it to be done. But he also believes that work and pleasure are seperate and is happy to simply "enjoy" the moment however it plays out.
Originality is fast becoming obsolete, to make a trully unique world all your own is the mark of a great writer, artist, thinker.

Uhm ONs/Offs link

Absences:

Healergirl

selfexiled,

Your character's personality is very much in line with that of a good pirate, despite the image popular culture portrays of the breed.

A sailing ship is an insanely complicated bit of machinery, it takes a very high standard of crew skill and cooperation just to get the bloody thing to move where the Captain wants the contrary bitch to go!

Wild roistering, partying, fighting amongst each other were for port.  At sea, well,you had your job to do and if you didn't do it, you were a danger to everybody.

Pirates were often amazingly well organized while underway, and surprisingly self-disciplined - they didn't hold with "conventiona"l merchant and naval punishments like flogging, keelhauling and the like but they were quite ready to maroon any fellow pirates who didn't pull their own weight.

There were exceptions of course, the wild types who fit the Hollywood image.  They didn't live long, tending to be drunk on watch  when Pirate Hunters are creeping up on you kinda shortens the life expectancy.

*stuffing her inner history nerdette back in her box now*

Urbanzorro

So many profiles :D I'll go through them now and get a list of approved/needed changes asap.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

selfexiled

It is true Healergirl that many pirates were actually well organized and effiecent atleast the ones who lived longer than a few fights. The hollywood version is ofcourse greatly influenenced by folklore and popular opinion and not really a true pirate.
I am actually a member of the Navy and think that I have atleast a little bit of insight but don't expect an exact representation considering that we no longer use wind powered vessels.

Uhm ONs/Offs link

Absences:

Urbanzorro

Name  Maximilian Mondego aka "Lucky Max"
Gender Male
Age 32
Position Captain
Personality As a result of his upbringing and military experiences Maximilian is normally a quite man, he tends to speak with a calm authority towards nearly everyone he meets. He rarely every seems to have doubts about any course of action he is taking. Those who have not known him long most often receive the impression that he is aloof and detached from his emotions. But those who know him well understand that this is simply the image he wishes to project, he has a violent temper when pushed to his limits and has been known to hold vendettas against those he feels have wronged or insulted him.
Biography Maximilian was born the son of a relatively low ranking noble family. As such he wanted for very little if anything while growing into a man. His education consisted of philosophy, literature, mathematics, and every other skill that a nobleman was expected to possess. He was brought up in the Mondego tradition, with the idea that his loyalty was, and always should be, first and foremost to his family. 

By the time Maximilian had reached the age of 14 war had once again come to Europe and, as was expected by his family's tradition of service to the crown, Maximilian joined the military. His branch of choice being the navy. Throughout the war Maximilian proved himself an excellent sailor and eventually showed a strong aptitude for both tactical and strategic planning when it came to naval warfare. So much so that at war's end Maximilian had been given command of a small ship which was to be the first stepping stone to greater glories.

But all this came to an end with the advent of peace, the navy was slowly but surely downsized. And eventually Max's commission was 'forgiven' and his term of service to the crown was considered at an end. It was around this same time that the Mondego family suffered a great tragedy. In a well planned political maneuver another family managed to bring the Mondegos to shame and acquire the vast majority of their estate. With no other option left to him, Max's father took the "Gentleman's Escape" one night in the reading room of the family's house. Max's grief stricken mother followed shortly their after.

With no one remaining and nothing left to him bet vast amounts of anger and rage Maximilian gathered what little funds he could, made his way to the nearest port city, and 'acquired' a ship. He has spent the last four years of his life as a lawless pirate on the seas. Living by no other code than his own, taking what he wants from whomever he wants at any time he so desires. In that time he has managed to acquire quite the reputation as both a skilled pirate and as a man to whom the concept of mercy is quite foreign
Weapons/Equipment Normally, Max carries his family sword, rapier who's blade he has had slightly shortened in order to increase it's ease of use aboard a ship. In addition to this he has a flintlock pistol and often carries a knife or other form of secondary blade. He also has a decorative coat he has been known to wear when needing to give off a regal presence.
Character's Orientation/Likes/Dislikes Max is open to most things when it comes to sex. He as a strong enjoyment for being in power over the other person and has a tendency to dominate his lovers. He also has a bit of a sadistic streak which can at times cause him to greatly enjoy causing others pain.   
Player's Offs: Scat is probably the only one I can think of. I'm open to most other things.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Healergirl

selfexiled,

Your navy background explains a lot!  And of course technology changes everything, including human interactions. Bbut people are people.  I am currently reading the Osprey Book "Nelson's Sailors" to get in the headspace for life aboard a sailing vessel, this passage from the book stands out:

"A vessel of war contains a little community of human beings, isolated, for the time being, from the rest of mankind.  this community is governed by laws peculiar to itself; it is arranged and divided in a manner suitable to it's circumstances."  From Samuel Leech's memoirs of his life as an ordinary seaman in Nelson's time.

This applies not just to warships - although Pirate ships do, I think, quality as unconventional warfare ships.  It applies to any pre-radio seagoing vessel,  the mental and emotional isolation of spending days not seeing anything other than the sea, even in the Caribbean is just as rough as the physical isolation. More so, I would argue.

I am about to go Full Metal History Nerdette here, so I will dial things back a few notches.

I am by no means demanding diamond-hard realism from any player, E is fun, not work, but I look forward to any insights you may have!

Urbanzorro,

Very believable backstory for a pirate captain!

*reads his personality notes and says weakly*  Um... that's the man Mary Nash  maybe knocks off his feet with a weakly-charged bullet?  Oh, he would not forget that anytime soon, nope.

Urbanzorro

Ok, so this first portion is directed at people who have already posted characters and not yet had them approved
@ Flaming: He looks good thus far, though we'll need a picture before you're approved.
@ Warlord Zanyl: Approved, though I am curious how you intend to play him (mostly for my own plot planning purposes) do you plan on having him be more sadistic/crazy rage or more of a controlled sort of portrayal?
@ElCapitan: He looks good so far, though he'll need a picture of course
@Haloriel: She looks good and is approved. :D
@xSnorkleRainbow: She's approved, though I just want to be clear. Do you intend to have her start as an established crew member?
@selfexiled: looks good so far, though he'll need a picture too

Ok, now this is more directed at everyone. The following is a quick list of who we have in the game thus far and where they will stand as far as the captive/crew line at game start. (this includes those who have stated interest but not yet posted a character). If I'm wrong about anything please let me know.

Crew
Captain Maximilian Mondego (Urbanzorro)
First Mate Charlotte DuPont (Kokaine)
Master At Arms KeelHaul(Warlord Zanyl)
Quarter Master Fincher (Flaming)
Boatswain Brom Quincy (selfexiled)
Assorted Crew/Officers(Rigger) Boniface Borgia (TheRaven)
Assorted Crew/Officers(Cook) Trinity Valentine (xSnorkleRainbow)
kckolbe: Expressed interest in a passenger paying to travel with the crew
immabanana Expressed interest in Quarter Master

Captives
Nathaniel O'Callahan(ElCapitan): A former officer to be captured during game start
Cassandra Middleton-Howard(Haloriel): A bastard daughter of a noble to be captured duing game start and eventually become the ship's doctor
Mary Nash(Healergirl): A female sailor to be captured during game start and quickly be assimilated into the crew with possible tensions remaining
Dashenka: Expressed interest in playing a captive
AurelieCatena: Expressed interest in playing a captive
Chreestafer: Expressed interest in playing a captive rival pirate
MagicalPen: Expressed interest in playing a captive

Ok, so that's 7 crew members with the possibility of it bumping up to 9 should kckolbe and immabanana still be interested, and 3 initial captives with a possible 7 should everyone who expressed interest in being a captive post a character. Of those only 5 are so fare scripted/planned to remain captives for the majority of the game. SO with that in mind I'm closing off the crew portion of our recruiting for now. If you're someone on the list above and have yet to post of a crew character please feel free to do so. But if not please understand that at this point I'm only looking for captives at this point.

By my current count we have 6 male characters and 4 females posted. Of our males nearly all are straight so we are at a bit of a deficit for females. With that in mind I'm not going to close the game off to males just yet but I am going to let everyone know that I'll be giving a strong precedence and preference towards female applications until we have a better gender balance.

As far as raw numbers go, with 10 player characters posted thus far I'd say we have enough people to run the game though I'm hoping for a few more. Ideally I'd want between 12 and 14 players total for a single ship. If anyone has any thoughts or comments or questions about my analysis of our player composition please feel free to say so :D

With that out of the way, everyone can expect some further info on our ship/setting in a short time. I'll most likely include it as part of an OOC thread. 

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Urbanzorro on February 14, 2013, 12:45:46 PM
@xSnorkleRainbow: She's approved, though I just want to be clear. Do you intend to have her start as an established crew member?

She will already be apart of the crew. (: Glad you like her. I'll read through her profile sometime soon just to proof read it as I didn't get a chance to earlier.

-xSRx

Haloriel

Yaaaaaay.  I am excited.  Excellent Captain, by the way.  Very believable!  Thank you, Urban!

* Haloriel rolls in circles.

Warlord Zanyl

Glad my character's approved. To answer you, I'll be portraying him as the more controlled sort for most of the time but he may occasionally slips into being the sadistic/crazy rage depending on the scene, situations and if that side of him is required.

Healergirl

Her hair is cut shorter than in the picture, it will not get in her eyes under any circumstances.  A small, lightly built  small-breasted woman who is not much taller than the long musket she favors.  Brown hair, brown eyes, usually a slight smile on her face - except when she is fighting.  Then she is snarling, but a very impersonal snarl, a mask of concentration, not fury.

Name Mary Nash

Gender Female

Age Late teens, looks a bit older.

Position Prisoner, then Able Seaman, Tops'lman, Lookout, Marksman 

Personality Outgoing, exuberant - except in combat then she is as coldly impersonal as the flintlock on her musket.  She does not expect to win any hand-to-hand fight she finds herself in, and will ovoid such a thing at all costs. Backstabbing somebody?   Depends on the circumstances.  She refers to start a fight by surprise, from behind, and if at all possible, at long range.

Biography Mary Nash was a born sailor  Literally.  She was born in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean as her parents emigrated to the Virginia colony.  Her father was an oysterman, her mother ran a cookhouse.  Mary started helping in the cookhouse as soon as she was big enough to hold a plate, but the sea always called to her, she begged, whined, threw tantrums, snuck aboard and stowed away, whatever it took to be out on the water with her dad.  Oyster fishing in the Chesapeake bay was a good life, even for mediocre oystermen, and her father was far from mediocre, he had a knack for it in fact.

But Mary wanted more.  She was far from unhappy she loved her parents, her siblings, life out on the bay with her dad was pleasant indeed.  But she could see the tall ships entering and leaving the sheltered waters of the great bay and as soon as her brothers were big enough to fill in, she signed aboard a ship headed for the Caribbean.

It was not quite what she had hoped for.  The ocean was glorious, she had been out on the open sea before, short trips and the long hours she spent up in the rigging on the journey south were blissful indeed.  But the captain... he wasn't the man her father was.  A good sort, not particularly brutal to the crew, he took no liberties with her, or the other woman aboard.  But he was cheap.  The sails were not the best, the ropes were a bit frayed.  And the gunpowder in the armory, inferior.  This was coming back to haunt them as a strange ship cut through the wave like a knife towards the lumbering old barque...    Exceptional attributes:  Visual perception.  An eye for detail combined with, despite being illiterate (something she wants very badly to change)  an intuitive grasp of practical math which makes her a superb marksman.  Not just with firearms, with thrown/hurled items as well.  But being a lightly built woman only slightly taller than her musket, she does not expect to win any hand to hand fight she finds herself in.  Well, not with an experienced  and sober opponent.  A drunken landlubber who tries to drag her into an alley is likely going to be dogmeat.

Weapons/Equipment  Belaying pin, a hanger (like a cutlass, but a lighter blade), a Musket - not a rifle, not even a high-grade Musket, but it is a weapon she knows very well, knows it's quirks, has fired it many times, calls it "baby".  Durable but not flashy clothing, usually goes barefoot aboard ship, has sturdy boots  and short coat for use on land.

Character's Orientation/Likes/Dislikes Straight, but since no woman ever got preggers by laying with another woman - becoming a pirate will, um, broaden her horizons.  (I will emphatically not rule out Mary  getting frisky with Male characters.  If it develops naturally from play, I look forward to any IC relationships and interaction whether long term friendships, falling outs and becoming enemies,  moments of post-battle survival sex passion, forced submission due to circumstance, the works!)

Player's Offs:  I dislike mutilation, toilet play is a hard no. Scarring - hey, being a Pirate is dangerous.  For the most part, if it develops from play in a logical fashion, I'm good with it.

selfexiled

Blast I am horrible at getting pictures to appear in the post and usually get stuck puttin in links but I can't seem to get the one I want for that even.

Heals your pic not showin.

Uhm ONs/Offs link

Absences:

selfexiled

Ah ha and so it is. I got a link to a picture does that count. One I'll figure out how to actually post the pic in the text.

Uhm ONs/Offs link

Absences:

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

MagicalPen

Name Konrad Roht

Gender Male

Age 22

Position Captive/Turncoat - Optional Capture Scene

Personality Konrad likes discipline and orders. He can be loyal to a fault once his loyalty and trust is earned. He also likes to drink which often leads to getting into fights once his pride is questioned or hurt.

Biography Konrad hails from the Hesse-Kessel Region of the Germanic States. He was born for war in a highly militaristic society. His training started at a young age and he was fortuneate enough to be blessed with a good body - he stands to 6'2", with broad shoulders and a muscled body. It was clear that he was always going to be destined to be a Grenadier - a troop of soldiers recruited into its ranks based on their size and and intimidation. Konrad fit right in.

Once he came of age, Konrad joined a Mercenary Company. It plied its trade - that of death-bringing - all over Europe and the Americas. The pay was good and traveling the known world was certainly an eye opening experience. Konrad was serving aboard a ship in Her Majesties Service when it came under attack by pirates and he was captured during the course of battle.

Weapons/Equipment All weapons were removed upon his capture.

Character's Orientation/Likes/Dislikes Konrad is straight and enjoys all the pleasures a woman can give to him.

Player's Offs: No M/M Scenes or Receiving Anal.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Chreestafer

Im def still in ill post a character tonight after work.  Urban how much of a fantasy vs real world setting is this?
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Urbanzorro

I'll have a rundown of specifics up sometime today
@ MagicalPen, looks pretty good and is approved.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Urbanzorro

Also, in case anyone hasn't noticed I updated our title to better reflect which characters we are needing right now :D

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.