Player Seeking DM For Moderate/High Level 3.5 Game

Started by GravinHeart, July 30, 2011, 04:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Altair1983

So I would be very interested in throwing my hat into this game if this is still room? So would you be okay with A rogue/psychic warrior/elocater in the group?

bkrose

If you can do the Feats and Skill requirements, I have no problem with it.  :)

Altair1983

Yes i can meet the requisites ill have a character up eventually

Nom De Plume

I certainly like the idea behind an almost dystopic "past" with these fantasy elements (and you can basically throw steampunk in front of whatever and I'll jump for joy-) however, most of my DnD experience has been... Freeform in nature, to say the least, and don't generally last very long. I'd be very new to Eberron and- semi-fortunately, since I don't have the time but am always willing to learn new systems- Pathfinder.

All that being said- I do have an idea for a sorcerer-child with a non-draconic background- possibly the side effect of having so many elementals in the city. A human tumor of magical energies, perhaps.  :P
A&A

bkrose

Actually, the relationship between sorcerers and dragons is mostly speculation and rumor... one perpetuated by the sorcerers themselves because it makes them seem even more mysterious and awesome.  So, having a sorcerer with no claim to any dragon heritage is perfectly fine.

I can help with educating the Eberron Newbies to the lay of the land, and some of the cultural elements of the setting.  I'm kind of an Eberron geek... read just about every resource book, a few of the novels, and most of the modules.

Why don't you take a crack at making a character, and I'll assist wherever you would like.

Kate

bkrose

Thanks.

I'll keep adding stuff while we get the PC's ready.  At some point I'll create a small spreadsheet so everyone can have a quick reference for who each character is, description, player, etc...

Kate

we have 2 traits ? and 2 flaws also ?

i saw the reference link in yahoo groups also include unearthed arcana ...

I was thinking of a sorceress ... of the following ilk

... but please guys know if others want to play sorcerers also - why not ? there is no reason not to have several we can all have different leans
it doesn't mean "that role is taken"....

bkrose

By all means.  I once played in a game where all the characters we thieves and bards, and it was one of the best ever.

Additionally, if we have an exceptionally heavy spell caster group, I might alter the background theme of the game to connect everyone through the Morgrave University Research and Recovery Department.  That could be very cool.  :)

Kate

sounds awesome

if my character makes you think of any particular house or whatever (or focus etc) - that feels right to you bkrose tell me love to fit in to what u have in mind

bkrose

Well, a bunch of spell casters always appreciate a sword or two... so they can get beat up while the wizards take care of business. ;)

Besides... I can think of other good reasons to have a muscle man around. :D

bkrose

bkrose

No, I was referring to the 'Not very muscle-man-ish either' part.  :(  Was hoping for a few males... but so far we have only 1.

Ixy

Quote from: bkrose on August 05, 2011, 02:29:43 PM
No, I was referring to the 'Not very muscle-man-ish either' part.  :(  Was hoping for a few males... but so far we have only 1.

Haven't written a male in a while.  I could.  Xen'Drik Drow, maybe?

PhantomPistoleer

Wait, Ixy, you're still playing?

...  Okay, I'm in!  But if you're playing a male, I'll be mad. :o
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

GravinHeart

It occurs to me I have no idea how yo play on Yahoo Groups.

Ershin

Accidentally deleted my original interest post instead of modifying it like the idiot I am (though luckily enough it was quoted)

I think I'll bow out of this, unfortunately. Though I really like the Eberron setting, a lot of people seem to be applying and I'd rather not stand in their way, especially since my original thoughts tended towards the psionic and the majority of potential applicants seem to be thinking of making arcanists in one form or another. Adding a Psion to that would be a little TOO "pew pew" or game ruining (despite this being mostly role over roll).

And I have to admit, I'm still a little wary of using the play-by-email method, mostly because I'm not overly fond of sharing my email address (either my main or my dummy). While I'm familiar enough with Yahoo groups, I don't really see the attraction of using it over threads on a currently-existing forum (and possibly using dropbox for picture and map storage).

Ixy

I am really sorry to be so uncertain.  I dunno... haven't RP'ed a male character in a while, but honestly it's going to come down to the other players and characters. It'd be a real pain in the ass to write up a male if everyone else plays a lesbian.  I'll write up an Umbragen and see what you think.

I agree with Ershin, though.  Yahoo is very invasive with user data, cookies, etc.  Which is why I was originally so against the idea.

Nom De Plume

Hm... Call for Muscled Men?

Now why does this seem fami- ahem.

How does rolling a mercenary fighter of some sorts sound, rose?
A&A

Kate

Actually I am domme and adore playing hermaphrodite / futa characters.

My general plan is to try and get between the legs of all the female characters in the game.

Do I have to be futa ? not really.

Happy to role play a male character ... or the gold dragon can be a male character .. .who doesn't really help as much as they should - to busy trying to mate with the women - and the others tollerate it because occasionally he comes in useful in other ways.

Thoughts ?

I do feel more comfortable playing with other women players, I can understand malse wanting to play female character to give the other side a go etc ... still ... im a domme strap ons are my thing - having a real one is my fantasy which i adore role playing out ... I wanna role play with female players - ideally playing female characters ... so i can do them in my dreams :)

bkrose

Nom De Plume - Men are good.  In fact, the more the better.  (oops... did I say that out loud?)  :)

Ixy and Phantom - While I'm not so worried about email addresses, especially yahoo mail ones, I can set the site security to hide email information if that would make you more comfortable.  Oddly enough, one of my 'interview' questions was about what I'd do if I wanted someone in my game, but they didn't like my playing method.  Would I change, or try to get them to accept my method instead?  Quite simply, I've played with Yahoo Groups for about 9 years now, and I find it to be a fantastic medium.  All I can suggest is that you try it, and decide for yourself.  If you've tried it before and are just convinced you don't like it for some reason, I can accept that.  I won't try to convince you otherwise.

Ershin - Please don't feel that you have to back out because others are bending toward arcane and you bend toward psionics.  The whole world of Eberron is all about that dichotomy, and it would just add to the story if someone in the group represented that difference.  I love psionics personally, and would welcome the opportunity to have one or more in the group.

GravinHeart - It's just like email honey.  I'll show you anything you need to know.  ;)