Pocket Monster Stadium: Battle Island (System - PTU)

Started by eternaldarkness, June 06, 2015, 12:02:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eternaldarkness

Character Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=230801.0

OOC Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=230806.new#new

IC Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=230799.0
Have you always wanted to go on your own Pokemon journey? Do you dream of catching 'em all? Perhaps you want to help a friend rise to greatness as a breeder, or maybe you just wanna have sexytimes with Pokemon. Whatever your Pokemon dreams, this is the game for you. I am currently taking as many players as want to join as well as CO-GM's willing to help out. It will be sandbox with some GM-created plots and events. Players who remain active and do things will have interesting things happen to them.

Feel free to ask questions here. If I get enough interest an OOC and Character thread will appear swiftly. Don't be intimidated by the system. PTU looks more complicated than it really is, and I'm happy to help people with anything they need to get playing.

Character Creation
This game will use Pokemon Tabletop United 1.05 system (the link is free, legal, and safe). The corebook and both Game of Throhs and Do Porygon Dream of Mareep are all available to players, and obviously the Pokedex. The Blessed and the Damned will be considered on a case by case basis.

Trainers start at level 5 and begin with a single starter Pokemon or morph at level 10. Morph PC's start at level 10.

Setting
The Battle Islands are home of the Pokemon League world Headquarters run by Silph Co. and location of the annual Pokemon World Tournament. Trainers from all over the world come here to battle, catch rare pokemon, and participate in the world tournament every year, but in the past few years Silph has been expanding its operations beyond simple pokemon-related pursuits, encouraging its employees and other people to come and settle the huge island and its surrounding smaller islands.

The Lilo Honua archipelago is a collection of eight major islands, several atolls, numerous smaller islets, and seamounts situated in the middle of the "Insert name here" ocean. The archipelago extends some 1,500 miles (2,400 kilometres) from the tip of the northernmost island to the southernmost end of the southernmost island.

Though once known as the "Mystery Islands”, they were renamed after Silph Co. purchased most of them to build their city and world-famous stadium. These drew trainers from all over the world, and before long the islands collectively became known as the Battle islands.

Eighteen years ago, the archipelago was joined by an enormous landmass that rose from the ocean's depths, untouched by the rest of the world and uninhabited by humans for thousands of years. This landmass, Western Battle Island, was immediately set upon by explorers, trainers, scientists, and people looking to settle in this new and untouched region, and in the past two decades a number of towns and even one city have sprung up on the western continent, which despite being heavily settled along its coasts still has vast, unexplored areas teeming with pokemon never seen before.

In addition to the appearance of an entire region, the baby boom that happened eighteen years ago caused an explosion in the population of all living things on earth, especially pokemon and Pokemorphs - previously, full pokemorphs had been a relatively small percentage of the total human population, but in the past two decades their population has exploded to encompass nearly forty percent of the total human population, and every year more and more morphs are born or evolve from humans and pokemon.

Silph-Rocket Co.

When it comes to corporations in this world, Silph-Rocket Co. sits firmly at the top of the heap. A powerful multinational corporation with numerous subsidiaries formed by the merger of the former criminal organization Team Rocket and the Silph corporation, they make damn near everything you could possibly want or need (and many things you neither want nor need). Imagine if Wal-Mart Merged with microsoft into one mega-corporation, and then that mega-corporation went to war with every other corporation and absorbed thier power Highlander-Style, then used its newfound power to ruthlessly squish any competition, and you will have something of an idea how powerful Silph-Rocket is.

Breeding and Single-Gender Species: Some species of pokemon and pokemorph (Such as Hitmonlee/HitmanChan/Hitmontop, Sawk/Throh, and some others) only have a single gender for their entire species, with no female counterpart. So how, you ask, do they breed?

Well, they owe their continued existence to the town bicycle of the pokemon world: Ditto. Most of the Ditto that are found in the wild are the ones that decided not to take on the form of another species; the majority of Ditto choose a species of Pokemon or Pokemorph. These Ditto instantly become indistinguishable from the species they duplicated, and from that point on they are unable to ever change again.

Pokemorph Psychology

To clarify Pokemorph behavior, and give general guidelines for how they should be played:

Pokemorphs, whether they were born human or born as Pokemon, have an innate desire to bond with a human. This is a quirk of their pokemon natures, and while it may be weaker or stronger in different individuals it is very rare for a Pokemorph to betray or abandon a trainer once they've been captured. It is simply not in their nature to do so; in cases of extreme abuse they can leave and morphs are still intelligent, thinking beings - but their biological and psychological urge is to seek out a trainer, and even the most independent morph might find himself inexplicably depressed if he is separated from even a cruel and abusive trainer. It is the nature of Pokemon to adapt to their environment and their situation, and morphs are no different.

The Rules
1. We are all here to have fun. If you aren't having fun, tell the GM's, and we will find a way to make the game more enjoyable for you. There is no game without happy players.

2. The GM's run the game, but the setting belongs to everyone in it. If you want to flesh things out or run minor NPC's, do it. As long as you don't go too far with it, it is okay.

3. Obey all of Elliquiys rules and regulations. Period, not negotiable.

4. Grievances with other players should be settled civilly. If you can't be civil, take it to PM or ask for a GM to arbitrate. Greivances with the way the game is being run are also perfectly acceptable; talk to the GM. I will hear you out, and maybe even make changes if you can make a solid argument.

5. When you post, post a minimum of three sentences. Posts that are consistently smaller than this will get you a stern talking-to by the GM's, and if we cannot resolve the problem and help you write posts with more substance then you will be dismissed from this game.

Pokemorphs
Pokemorphs are different from others of their kind. They are born as normal human beings or pokemon, but at some point in their lives they realize that they are not like others of their kind, and slowly begin to change from their natural form into that of a morph - a human/pokemon hybrid form that is a mixture of their two species, and eventually they regain the ability to assume a pure Pokemon form. Changing from morph form to Pokemon form is a Standard action. The pokemorphs statistics are identical to a normal Pokemon of their kind, though morphs tend to be at least as intelligent as an average human, or more intelligent depending on their species.

Pokemorphs, however human they may look, are not human. They can be captured in a pokeball unless they have an RFID tag and be made to do battle just like a normal pokemon - a terrible fate for a morph who grew up human, if they are forced to do so.

Like all pokemon, morphs are able to pop out of their pokeballs any time they want once captured, unless the pokeball is equipped with a Lock Case, though most pokemon and morphs don't mind being inside a pokeball because it is quite a pleasant experience; you are not shrunk down or miniaturized, so much as changed into an energy form and placed in a form of awakened suspension where you can still perceive things around your pokeball but are in a sleep-like haze.

Legally, Pokemorphs have no rights except those extended to Pokemon (Very few) so many morphs try to hide their status if they don't look too 8-) obviously like morphs, though recently great strides in Pokemorph Rights have been made, and a pokemorph can have themselves implanted with an RFID tag that prevents them from being captured in a pokeball except by law enforcement agents with specific types of pokeballs (Law Balls), but having the implant also bars them from competing in league-sanctioned pokemon battles as a member of a trainers team, and they are still unable to be trainers themselves, as something in their nature makes it so that other Pokemon and morphs simply don't respond to them the way they do to full humans.

Breeding: Morphs and humans are always compatible breeding partners, as are most Pokemon, providing both would-be parents are the right gender (this limitation can be bypassed with the right scientific or magical assistance too). Morphs also ignore egg groups entirely; that limitation only applies to pokemon. The children of these unions have one move from each parent at birth in addition to any moves they know by virtue of their species and level provided that their pokemon species could normally learn at their current evolutionary stage.

The mother who is growing the egg (its always an egg, even if the mother is human) gets a short and relatively pleasant pregnancy; she spends a number of days (not months) equal to nine days minus her total Athletics ranks while growing the egg, and she is visibly pregnant during this time. A human or morph with the special Brood Mother Edge (which is available as both a trainer edge and a Poke` Edge for morphs) cuts her pregnancy time in half after subtracting Athletics ranks.

During this time, she needs to eat three times as much as usual, but otherwise she can continue on with her business as normal (this is because having a character sidelined is no fun) since the egg growing in her is VERY resilient; even if the terrible and unfortunate event occurred where she were killed while forming the egg, odds are it would still survive with swift medical attention. After the pregnancy period, she pops out an egg, which hatches in the usual time for its Pokemon species.

It is entirely possible for what hatches from the egg to look completely human, and it is not at all uncommon for people to realize later in life that they are in fact part morph. The truth is most people do have at least a little bit of morph ancestry, though it isn't always noticeable or at all significant. Whether this is because people just got it on with morphs a lot in the ancient past, or because humans, morphs, and pokemon all share the same origins, nobody really knows.
The following rules are in play in this game

Ground + Flying Types
Did it ever seem odd to anyone that Mud Bomb or Bonemerang can't hit flying Types? But somehow Venomoth and Beedrill are fully susceptible to earthquakes?

Here's a simple rule that addresses that; Instead, Flying-Type Pokémon resist Ground-Type moves. However, Moves with the Groundsource keyword (Earthquake, Magnitude, Dig, Fissure, Earth Power) do not affect Pokémon that are currently Levitating or Flying, regardless of Type.

Narrative Frequency
When the game says "Per day", it generally refers to one in-game day.

But in a game where there are often in-character time-skips in between days, we need something simpler. So this game is based on Narrative Frequency. "Per Day" will instead be interpreted as "Per scene" for our purposes.

For our purposes, everything still happens on either 'real time' or Narrative time - whichever is shorter and makes more sense for the situation, as determined by the GM.

Pokemon League Tournaments and Gym Challenges

Gym Challenges: Generally, the form a Gym Challenge takes depends on the Gym Leaders preferences, but the Gym Leader always sets a challenge appropriate to test the Trainer's skills as a trainer. The default rule is 3 on 3 battles, and the idea behind a gym challenge is to be challenging, but not impossible - it is not the gym leaders goal to crush all opposition, but to make challengers have to meet a minimum standard to win. It is not unheard of for a Gym Leader to give his or her badge out to a trainer who failed the challenge but still displayed the skills and determination to keep trying anyway.

Gym challenges are not always battles, and for some gyms the hard part may be just reaching the gym. A gym leader also may force a trainer to defeat any or all of his junior trainers before being allowed to take him on personally.

Gyms and Gym Leaders
Waveside Town Gym - Sandy- Ground - Turf Badge

Battle City Contest Hall - Jeremy LeFae - Fairy - Ribbon Badge

Eastern Island Safari Zone 1- Ranger Commander Andy - Bug - Swarm Badge

BloodFang Castle - Mortaire - Dark - Dusk Badge

Undercity Gym- Zerachiel - Poison - Pain Badge

The Haunted Temple Gym- Juliet Rose - Resurrection Badge

Battle City Trailer Park, a.k.a the Thunderdome - Bob - Normal - Struggle Badge

Coba's Dojo - Coba Toledo Wootz - Steel - Blade Badge

Western Battle Island Region Gyms and Gym Leaders
Willow Town Gym - Sola - Grass - Sun Badge

Dragon Cove - Masumi - Dragon - Crown Badge

Obsidian Town Gym - Riley - Fire - Inferno badge

Palm Cove - Rolli - Fighting - Muscle Badge

Professor Frost - Ice - Glacier Badge

Silas - Rocket Town - Electric

Kai - Coast City - Water - Surf Badge

Bryn - Crater Town - Rock

The Elite Four - Both regions share an Elite Four, and their headquarters is the Battle City Stadium.

1. Amy
2. Lita
3. Caden
4. MokubeX

Champion: Seraphina

Rhynarion

Sign me up for interest.

A few questions

-No one can force themself on our pokemon without consent, correct?

-No one is required to use pokemorphs on their team, correct?

-If we want to come here for the sandbox but aren't really interested in sexing up pokemon, is that allowed?

-Can we pick anything for starters or only the canon ones?

-All core classes are allowed?

-Any banned moves or feature interactions?

-I enjoy Ace Trainer but want to make sure Signature Technique isnt going to get me banned or anything. The effects are potent. Should I be worried?

-Do snag balls exist? If so, is this negotiable? If not, you are the bestest DM. Getting your starter snagged is way bogus.

eternaldarkness

To answer your questions, Rhynarion: Nobody is going to force your characters to do anything in any way, shape or form. You can choose not to use morphs with no real problem at all, though you'll almost certainly encounter them as opponents.

Starter Pokemon can be any Mon with the Underdog capability that has at least one evolution.

You need not engage in any activity you don't want to. This is meant to be a game for Pokemon fans of all kinds.

Snag balls do exist, but they are both rare and highly illegal, and you needn't worry about Ace Trainer - signature technique is fine, and all core classes plus the ones from the listed supplements are allowed.

Edit: Also nothing is banned as of yet. I have run PTU in a large group setting before and rarely found anything broken enough to ban, and the few things I did find got errata'd in 1.05, and in general I won't bother banning or house ruling anything unless it becomes a problem. Also, I'll reiterate: players are required to respect eachothers O/O's, but by the same token, this is Elliquiy and it's a game where sexual content will happen.

eternaldarkness

And to be perfectly clear to anyone wondering: I'm not a dick. The point of this game is to have fun. I will bend over backwards to let you play the way you want, provided you aren't ruining anyone elses fun, and I am always open to criticism. You don't even have to be nice about it. My skin is very thick. You won't hurt my feels.

If only more GM's were like that, right?

Rhynarion

Thank you for such a quick response!

Another few questions.

-You know the system better than I. Is a pokemon like Tyrunt with 6 weaknesses at such a disadvantage that you would be nuts to go with it as your starter?

-I have a question about Team Rocket. Should I PM you it or is asking here fine?

-Standard number of moves?

-Egg moves for starters?

-Inheritance lists for starters?

-In the hypothetical situation that someone started with a Tyrunt, is there any way that the Paleontologist researcher feature regarding Ancient Power could be applied to it from birth? I ask because it normally only affects a fossil pokemon that you revived from a Fossil; obviously this is impossible for your starter. However having physically offensive ancient power is desireable. Thoughts?

-Is GM experience required for Co-GMs?

-Can Co-GMs specialize in assisting with different sections, as per their comfort zones? Or would a Co-GM be expected to be able to GM all possible scenarios in the tabletop?

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Rhynarion on June 06, 2015, 03:12:28 AM
Thank you for such a quick response!

Another few questions.

-You know the system better than I. Is a pokemon like Tyrunt with 6 weaknesses at such a disadvantage that you would be nuts to go with it as your starter?

-I have a question about Team Rocket. Should I PM you it or is asking here fine?

-Standard number of moves?

-Egg moves for starters?

-Inheritance lists for starters?

-In the hypothetical situation that someone started with a Tyrunt, is there any way that the Paleontologist researcher feature regarding Ancient Power could be applied to it from birth? I ask because it normally only affects a fossil pokemon that you revived from a Fossil; obviously this is impossible for your starter. However having physically offensive ancient power is desireable. Thoughts?

-Is GM experience required for Co-GMs?

-Can Co-GMs specialize in assisting with different sections, as per their comfort zones? Or would a Co-GM be expected to be able to GM all possible scenarios in the tabletop?

Thanks for asking such excellent questions!

-Tyrunt will be fine. He's an offensive powerhouse, even with his weaknesses.
-Feel free to ask here or in PM if you're more comfortable with PM.
-Not sure exactly what you're asking, but in PTU Pokemon can have up to Six moves.
-Starters get one move from their inheritance list, which is all moves from their Egg and TM lists. Yes, this means your starter could have a killer move right out of the gate.
-You can apply it from birth. This goes for all similar features for every player.
-No experience required. Just a willingness to help out.
-You run what you damn well please, and I'll be glad to have any help at all.

Rhynarion

Excellent! Tyrunt is my favorite pokemon (Tyrantrum is most notably the pokemon thar sold me my copg of Pokemon X), but I have only ever really played Pokemon in the games (he crushed everything) and in competetive (he was treated as trash tier and/or a poor man's Tyrantitar).

Tyrantrum is exceptionally special to me because he strongly resembles my childhood plushie, Rex.

I have dabbled in PTU before and have OCDly read the rulebook five or six times now. I went with Skorupi as my starter the first time around because I was paralyzed with the fear of taking Tyrunt and having him be crushed into the dirt so heavily that it would ruin what he represented.

-Are you using the special injury rules or just the default 1/10th reduced max HP? I lean on the latter if it matters.

-Sign me up for Co-GM. I love me some pokemans, so being able to help keep this game running is something I am ready and roaring to do.

-Are certain pokemon impossible to find in this region? Personally, I want to know if Ralts are ubermonstrously rare?

-Are pokemon centers free?

-How do you plan to fluff TMs?

-Can there be custom moves, or even fluffing a move differently if it is mechanically the same?

*I ask because no Dragon or Rock type chomps is a travesty. I MUST NOM THE THINGS.

-What do you plan on starting?

-Do starters get the full inheritance list feature, or just the one move? I am not sure which to guess, as the mechanics imply that the one move is their 10th level inheritance move; leaving 20, 30, 40, ect.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Rhynarion on June 06, 2015, 03:58:43 AM
Excellent! Tyrunt is my favorite pokemon (Tyrantrum is most notably the pokemon thar sold me my copg of Pokemon X), but I have only ever really played Pokemon in the games (he crushed everything) and in competetive (he was treated as trash tier and/or a poor man's Tyrantitar).

Tyrantrum is exceptionally special to me because he strongly resembles my childhood plushie, Rex.

I have dabbled in PTU before and have OCDly read the rulebook five or six times now. I went with Skorupi as my starter the first time around because I was paralyzed with the fear of taking Tyrunt and having him be crushed into the dirt so heavily that it would ruin what he represented.

-Are you using the special injury rules or just the default 1/10th reduced max HP? I lean on the latter if it matters.

-Sign me up for Co-GM. I love me some pokemans, so being able to help keep this game running is something I am ready and roaring to do.

-Are certain pokemon impossible to find in this region? Personally, I want to know if Ralts are ubermonstrously rare?

-Are pokemon centers free?

-How do you plan to fluff TMs?

-Can there be custom moves, or even fluffing a move differently if it is mechanically the same?

*I ask because no Dragon or Rock type chomps is a travesty. I MUST NOM THE THINGS.

-What do you plan on starting?

-Do starters get the full inheritance list feature, or just the one move? I am not sure which to guess, as the mechanics imply that the one move is their 10th level inheritance move; leaving 20, 30, 40, ect.

-Default injury rules. They're much simpler.
-Awesome! Let me know what you would like to do and I'll give you the information you need.
-Everything exists somewhere on the islands, thanks to the baby boom and the safari zones. How hard a type of Mon is to find depends on the season, time of day, and most importantly what is most fun, and if you really want a Pokemon you can always search for it on the GTN and see if someone will trade for it
-Pokemon Centers are free, funded by the Pokemon League and Silph.
-TM's take several forms: simple pokeball-like devices that you load a pokemon into and use to scan the move directly into the pokemon inside, and ancient magical artifacts that do pretty much the same thing.
-Yes, as a matter of fact. New moves happen when a trainer with tutoring capability sets out to create a specialized move, or when Pokemon naturally develop a move over time for survival purposes. Pokemon can adapt very quickly to their environment.
-At first I'll let characters get introduced and see what they're interested in before I start dropping major plots on them.
-Just one move, but they still get their others as normal at the specified levels.

Rhynarion

Quote from: eternaldarkness on June 06, 2015, 04:28:45 AM
-Default injury rules. They're much simpler.
-Awesome! Let me know what you would like to do and I'll give you the information you need.
-Everything exists somewhere on the islands, thanks to the baby boom and the safari zones. How hard a type of Mon is to find depends on the season, time of day, and most importantly what is most fun, and if you really want a Pokemon you can always search for it on the GTN and see if someone will trade for it
-Pokemon Centers are free, funded by the Pokemon League and Silph.
-TM's take several forms: simple pokeball-like devices that you load a pokemon into and use to scan the move directly into the pokemon inside, and ancient magical artifacts that do pretty much the same thing.
-Yes, as a matter of fact. New moves happen when a trainer with tutoring capability sets out to create a specialized move, or when Pokemon naturally develop a move over time for survival purposes. Pokemon can adapt very quickly to their environment.
-At first I'll let characters get introduced and see what they're interested in before I start dropping major plots on them.
-Just one move, but they still get their others as normal at the specified levels.

Excellent!

-I think Gyms, Random Encounters are a good place to start. I'm not sure what other subsystems you will need help with, but really I'm fine to work on anything except the naughty bits. Y'all can have your fun with that, I came here for the adventure!

-Excellent. Mission one: Find a Ralts

-Does this mean that I could have a Dragon-Type Bite/Crunch? Possibly replacing Dragon Claw on my list? I still don't get how he performs Dragon Claw with such tiny arms. If this is reasonable, how would you stat it? (I lean on bite more than crunch because of flinch)

-What are your favorite of the two training / orders? I personally enjoy Inspired and Focused paired because the amount of cheese on save checks can not be understated. With order and training stacked, you can only fail to act while paralyzed on a roll of 1. Critical Moment raises the ante even more. Toss in Enduring Soul and you're very difficult to hold still.

-I meant what pokemon and classes you planned to start, assuming that you are going to have a PC as well.

-Correct me if I am wrong... Can mentors eventually tutor egg moves? If not then the elemental fangs shall be forever out of my reach.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Rhynarion on June 06, 2015, 04:55:19 AM
Excellent!

-I think Gyms, Random Encounters are a good place to start. I'm not sure what other subsystems you will need help with, but really I'm fine to work on anything except the naughty bits. Y'all can have your fun with that, I came here for the adventure!

-Excellent. Mission one: Find a Ralts

-Does this mean that I could have a Dragon-Type Bite/Crunch? Possibly replacing Dragon Claw on my list? I still don't get how he performs Dragon Claw with such tiny arms. If this is reasonable, how would you stat it? (I lean on bite more than crunch because of flinch)

-What are your favorite of the two training / orders? I personally enjoy Inspired and Focused paired because the amount of cheese on save checks can not be understated. With order and training stacked, you can only fail to act while paralyzed on a roll of 1. Critical Moment raises the ante even more. Toss in Enduring Soul and you're very difficult to hold still.

-I meant what pokemon and classes you planned to start, assuming that you are going to have a PC as well.

-Correct me if I am wrong... Can mentors eventually tutor egg moves? If not then the elemental fangs shall be forever out of my reach.

-I'll help with both of these as well, but I'll love you if you drop random encounters on people.

-*grins evilly*

-Weeelll....if you look around, someone can help you with that eventually....

-Agility and Brutal. I beat a gym leader with a brand-new level 5 sstarter Squirtle by kiting her Chansey for 15 rounds and wearing it down with hit and run attacks. That GM was a sad panda.

-I haven't given it much thought because I'm thinking of stuff for other people :D but I'll probably play some kind of support character.

-Both egg and tutor lists, actually. Tutors are not too hard to find on the islands if you ask around. Getting them to do anything for you is a different story. But - everyone knows that Rolli, the Palm Cove Gym Leader (and former Champion) is somehow able to tutor any move if you can find and convince him.

JoanieSappho

Well, I did say I always wanted to play this, so I'll get to work making something.

Possibly a child of a Gardevoir whose Ralts starter is actually her half- brother/sister/whatever, since you were saying that the children of pokemon/human couples came out mostly human.
Also, anything off limits? Like hermaphroditic/intersex PCs, or incest with pokemon that are related to the PC or whatnot?

Also, League Legal stuff. I take it pretty much all trainer-based stuff is not allowed, like manipulation or any moves the trainer might know, making stuff like Provacateur not so useful in those cases, but what about skill use, like Guile or Charm directed at either the other trainer or their pokemon?

I'm planning on at least Trickster and Enduring Soul, for general annoyances, status and mind-messing, I just want to know what, past those, would be useful for the whole gym/league thing.

JoanieSappho

Oh, and is it just going to be standard league stuff, or are contests popping up/definitely not going to be a thing?

Miroque

hmm... PTU is totally unknown game to me, but change to play pokemorph... cant pass that up easily.. *thinking, while downloading the rules pack* What would be totally awesome pokemorph.. Can pokemorphs be form any pokemon, or just basic pokemon?

Edit: I think I would need some help with PTU rules, as how are we going to build our PokeMorphs.. lv10 pokemons or? And if they are ´captured´ how do we count the trainer edges?

JoanieSappho

Quote from: Miroque on June 06, 2015, 09:01:59 AM
hmm... PTU is totally unknown game to me, but change to play pokemorph... cant pass that up easily.. *thinking, while downloading the rules pack* What would be totally awesome pokemorph.. Can pokemorphs be form any pokemon, or just basic pokemon?

Edit: I think I would need some help with PTU rules, as how are we going to build our PokeMorphs.. lv10 pokemons or? And if they are ´captured´ how do we count the trainer edges?

Looking at what he's said (and not being a GM or having done more than make a couple standard characters before), I think pokemorphs work like standard Pokemon. So edges and all that would apply to you if you got caught,but you don't get any yourelf?

As for my stuff, got a draft of my character up!
Pokemon needs her skills rolled and her ability picked, but I think those are meant to be GM-done.

Going for a part-morph, aka not a morph, but descended from one/a pokemon, and just a little bit off of standard human.

Trainer: Nissa Marigold

AP: 5
HP: 53
Stats

HP: 11
Attack: 5
Defence: 6
Special Attack: 10
Special Defence: 9
Speed: 10

Power: 5
High/Long Jump: 0
Overland: 2
Swim: 1
Throwing: 5
Size: Medium
Weight: 3

Skills (unlisted are at Untrained)
Adept Charm, Adept Guile, Novice Athletics, Novice Focus, Novice Command, Novice Pokemon Education, Novice Occult Education

Background: At least She's Pretty (Adept Charm, Novice Command, Pathetic Combat, Intuition and Perception

Attacks known by trainer: Sweet Kiss, Disarming Voice

Edges and Features
Edges

Basic Guile
Adept Guile
Elemental Connection (Fairy) (+2 Charm, Command, Guile, Intimidate targeting Fairy-types)
Basic Focus
Basic Athletics
Basic Occult Education
Basic Pokemon Education
Features

Inspired Training [Training/Orders]
Enduring Soul [Class] Can ignore Base Relation regarding HP
Staying Power (Scene/Free Action) Pokemon may take a breather even if Confused/Enraged and does not have to Shift or become Tripped. May choose not to reset Combat Stages.
Trickster [Class] (1 AP/Free action (reaction)) When an enemy is hit by a your pokemon's status move/hazard, your pokemon can perform a Dirty Trick or Manipulate Maneuver on that enemy as a free action. This Maneuver always hits. (Use Trainer Guile for Manipulation)
Type Ace - Fairy [Class/Branch] (At Will/Extended Action) Your Pokemon loses 2 Tutor Points and gains either Type Strategist (Fairy) or Last Chance (Fairy)
Fairy Lights (At-Will/Special) Your fairy type pokemon can create 3 Fairy Lights as a Standard action. When attacked by an enemy within 6 meters, one Fairy Light can be expended to immediately either; Gain a tick of temporary HP, or; Make the Fairy Wind attack as a free action
Glamour Weaver [Class/+ Special Attack] Trainer learns Sweet Kiss and Disarming Voice (From Game of Throhs)

Pokemon: Cyrene
Species: Ralts
Type: Psychic/Fairy
Abilities: (Synchronize/Telepathy), Last Chance - Fairy

HP: 44

Tutor Points: 1
Moves Known: Growl, Confusion, Double Team, Teleport, Dazzling Gleam (Inheritance move)

Capabilities and Skills

Overland: 4
Jump: 1/1
Power: 1
Telekinetic
Telepathic
Naturewalk (Forest, Urban)
Underdog

Skills
Athletics: 1d6+2
Acrobatics: 2d6
Combat: 1d6
Stealth: 3d6
Perception: 3d6
Focus: 3d6

Stats

HP: 8
Attack: 1
Defense: 9
Special Attack: 9
Special Defence: 8
Speed: 7

Nature: Bold (+ Def, -Attack)
Flavour Preference: Like Sour, Dislike Spicy

eternaldarkness

Quote from: JoanieSappho on June 06, 2015, 08:34:47 AM
Well, I did say I always wanted to play this, so I'll get to work making something.

Possibly a child of a Gardevoir whose Ralts starter is actually her half- brother/sister/whatever, since you were saying that the children of pokemon/human couples came out mostly human.
Also, anything off limits? Like hermaphroditic/intersex PCs, or incest with pokemon that are related to the PC or whatnot?

Also, League legal stuff. I take it pretty much all trainer-based stuff is not allowed, like manipulation or any moves the trainer might know, making stuff like Provacateur not so useful in those cases, but what about skill use, like Guile or Charm directed at either the other trainer or their pokemon?

I'm planning on at least Trickster and Enduring Soul, for general annoyances, status and mind-messing, I just want to know what, past those, would be useful for the whole gym/league thing.

None of that is off limits, at all. Actually, this setting is one I ran elsewhere. Pretty much every NPC, and all of the Gym Leaders and Elite Four, are former PC's, and quite a few were here/futa, or something else entirely. The game went for nearly a year before it imploded.

As for league-legal Moves and tactics, you have it right. Most moves, even social ones, won't have the range to affect a trainer on the other side of a gym. But that doesn't mean those moves are useless - out in the wild and in non-league conflicts, they're quite valuable. Hostile parties might very well just ignore that Pokemon you sent out and attack you instead.

Quote from: JoanieSappho on June 06, 2015, 08:35:51 AM
Oh, and is it just going to be standard league stuff, or are contests popping up/definitely not going to be a thing?

What pops up depends on what players are interested in. But...note that the Battle City Contest hall is also a gym.

Quote from: Miroque on June 06, 2015, 09:01:59 AM

Hi Miro! I'm happy to help you. It's not terribly hard. As for trainer enhancements on a morph, if you have a trainer, you get them. Period. The rules are the same as for a normal mon. Statistically, they are Pokemon. As for starting morph PC's they are at their basic form unless they could normally evolve by level 10 (Like Buneary and some early bird evolvers like bug-types).

Quote from: JoanieSappho on June 06, 2015, 12:53:04 PM
Looking at what he's said (and not being a GM or having done mtmakemakemake a couple standard characters before), I think pokemorphs work like standard Pokemon. So edges and all that would apply to you if you got caught,but you don't get any yourelf?

As for my stuff, got a draft of my character up!
Pokemon needs her skills rolled and her ability picked, but I think those are meant to be GM-done.

Going for a part-morph, aka not a morph, but descended from one/a pokemon, and just a little bit off of standard human.

Stats

Adept Charm, Adept Guile, Novice Athletics, Novice Focus, Novice Command, Novice Pokemon Education, Novice Occult Education

Background: At least She's Pretty (Adept Charm, Novice Command, Pathetic Combat, Intuition and Perception

Edges and Features
Edges

Basic Guile
Adept Guile
Elemental Connection (Fairy) (+2 Charm, Command, Guile, Intimidate targeting Fairy-types)
Basic Focus
Basic Athletics
Basic Occult Education
Basic Pokemon Education
Features

Staying Power (Scene/Free Action) Pokemon may take a breather even if Confused/Enraged and does not have to Shift or become Tripped. May choose not to reset Combat Stages.
Trickster [Class] (1 AP/Free action (reaction)) When an enemy is hit by a your pokemon's status move/hazard, your pokemon can perform a Dirty Trick or Manipulate Maneuver on that enemy as a free action. This Maneuver always hits. (Use Trainer Guile for Manipulation)
Type Ace - Fairy [Class/Branch] (At Will/Extended Action) Your Pokemon loses 2 Tutor Points and gains either Type Strategist (Fairy) or Last Chance (Fairy)
Fairy Lights (At-Will/Special) Your fairy type pokemon can create 3 Fairy Lights as a Standard action. When attacked by an enemy within 6 meters, one Fairy Light can be expended to immediately either; Gain a tick of temporary HP, or; Make the Fairy Wind attack as a free action
Glamour Weaver [Class/+ Special Attack] Trainer learns Sweet Kiss and Disarming Voice (From Game of Throhs)

Moves Known: Growl, Confusion, Double Team, Teleport, Dazzling Gleam (Inheritance move)

Capabilities and Skills

Telekinetic
Telepathic
Underdog

Skills

Stats

What Joanie said. Also, great character Joanie. It perfectly captures the feel of the setting I was going for - human, with some Mon ancestry and all that reflected mechanically in her classes. You do build your own starter Mon, and I don't know what you mean by rolling your skills, but your sheet looks perfect.

Rhynarion

Sir Darkness, can you recommend the Rider class at all?

Also, what loyalty do our starters start with?

JoanieSappho

So, finalized character, then, with picture, description and brief background!
(Assuming that, like not being affected by the egg group rules, human/pokemon/morph breeding ignores the 'always same species as mother' rule, too, letting Nissa and Cyrene be full, rather than half, sisters.)
Nissa

Stats

Edges and Features
Edges

Basic Guile
Adept Guile
Basic Focus
Basic Athletics
Basic Occult Education
Basic Pokemon Education
Features

Trickster [Class] (1 AP/Free action (reaction)) When an enemy is hit by a your pokemon's status move/hazard, your Pokemon can perform a Dirty Trick or Manipulate Maneuver on that enemy as a free action. This Maneuver always hits. (Use Trainer Guile for Manipulation)
Fairy Lights (At-Will/Special) Your fairy type Pokemon can create 3 Fairy Lights as a Standard action. When attacked by an enemy within 6 meters, one Fairy Light can be expended to immediately either; Gain a tick of temporary HP, or; Make the Fairy Wind attack as a free action

Description
Small and wiry, with short dark hair and elegant features, this young bo- gir- .. honestly, at first (or second) glance, it's hard to tell just what gender this person is, unless they make an effort with their clothing and posture to suggest gender, in which case they could pass as either.
Nissa's clothing tends towards the practical and baggy, typically favouring shorts and an oversized shirt in warm weather, although she has an apparent love for jewellery, always wearing an intricate silver necklace, and often distracted by any jewellery that she sees.
Often, though, she seems to be distracted by nothing, seeming to only be half paying attention to the world around her in favour or some other visible only to her.
Under her loose clothing, Nissa has not been blessed physically, the contents of both her bra and panties being on the small side, even though the latter is distinctly nonstandard.

Background
The daughter of a junior Pokemon researcher and her Gallade Pokemorph, Nissa has long been aware that, although not a Pokemorph, she is different than most humans. After all, one notices that one has both girl and boy parts fairly quickly, and having a twin sister who is otherwise a perfectly normal Ralts is also a fairly large clue.
Although Cyrene was technically first her mother's and now Nissa's Pokemon, Nissa and Cyrene have always considered each other to be sisters, and have rarely willingly spent much time away from each other, both sleeping in the same bed since their early childhood. Recently, certain urges have started to develop as they both matured, but aside from some cuddling and a little bit of kissing, neither sister has yet tried to deepen their relationship, although this is probably only a matter of time.
Despite the typing of her father, Nissa seems to have developed no psychic abilities, although the fey nature of the Gardevoir line has begun to show in her, and she seems to have an instinctive skill with the charms and manipulations that the fairy type is known for,, as well as sharing their flighty, mercurial nature.

Capabilities and Skills

Telekinetic
Telepathic
Underdog

Skills

Stats

ShadowFox89

Going to make one more attempt at throwing Celia into this game, let's hope this one starts :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

kckolbe

The book mentions selling captured pokemon.  Can you buy and sell pokemon in this game?  Is there some method for determining their worth?
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Premier

Sign me up for this one! Time to make a new pokemun, a word I will spell correctly some day. Maybe.

I may just random table roll it and then DEAL WITH the consequences.

Warlock

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Rhynarion on June 06, 2015, 02:37:23 PM
Sir Darkness, can you recommend the Rider class at all?

Also, what loyalty do our starters start with?

There are no bad classes. Whatever you decide to do, you will find yourself having ways and reasons to do it.

Starter Loyalty is 4. PC morphs who have a trainer can decide what their loyalty is to that trainer and change it when they feel the need to, within reason.

Quote from: JoanieSappho on June 06, 2015, 04:11:12 PM
So, finalized character, then, with picture, description and brief background!
(Assuming that, like not being affected by the egg group rules, human/pokemon/morph breeding ignores the 'always same species as mother' rule, too, letting Nissa and Cyrene be full, rather than half, sisters.)
Nissa

Stats

Edges and Features
Edges

Basic Guile
Adept Guile
Basic Focus
Basic Athletics
Basic Occult Education
Basic Pokemon Education
Features

Trickster [Class] (1 AP/Free action (reaction)) When an enemy is hit by a your pokemon's status move/hazard, your Pokemon can perform a Dirty Trick or Manipulate Maneuver on that enemy as a free action. This Maneuver always hits. (Use Trainer Guile for Manipulation)
Fairy Lights (At-Will/Special) Your fairy type Pokemon can create 3 Fairy Lights as a Standard action. When attacked by an enemy within 6 meters, one Fairy Light can be expended to immediately either; Gain a tick of temporary HP, or; Make the Fairy Wind attack as a free action

Description
Small and wiry, with short dark hair and elegant features, this young bo- gir- .. honestly, at first (or second) glance, it's hard to tell just what gender this person is, unless they make an effort with their clothing and posture to suggest gender, in which case they could pass as either.
Nissa's clothing tends towards the practical and baggy, typically favouring shorts and an oversized shirt in warm weather, although she has an apparent love for jewellery, always wearing an intricate silver necklace, and often distracted by any jewellery that she sees.
Often, though, she seems to be distracted by nothing, seeming to only be half paying attention to the world around her in favour or some other visible only to her.
Under her loose clothing, Nissa has not been blessed physically, the contents of both her bra and panties being on the small side, even though the latter is distinctly nonstandard.

Background
The daughter of a junior Pokemon researcher and her Gallade Pokemorph, Nissa has long been aware that, although not a Pokemorph, she is different than most humans. After all, one notices that one has both girl and boy parts fairly quickly, and having a twin sister who is otherwise a perfectly normal Ralts is also a fairly large clue.
Although Cyrene was technically first her mother's and now Nissa's Pokemon, Nissa and Cyrene have always considered each other to be sisters, and have rarely willingly spent much time away from each other, both sleeping in the same bed since their early childhood. Recently, certain urges have started to develop as they both matured, but aside from some cuddling and a little bit of kissing, neither sister has yet tried to deepen their relationship, although this is probably only a matter of time.
Despite the typing of her father, Nissa seems to have developed no psychic abilities, although the fey nature of the Gardevoir line has begun to show in her, and she seems to have an instinctive skill with the charms and manipulations that the fairy type is known for,, as well as sharing their flighty, mercurial nature.

Capabilities and Skills

Telekinetic
Telepathic
Underdog

Skills

Stats

You are correct in regard to breeding, so they could indeed be full sisters.

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on June 06, 2015, 10:41:37 PM
Going to make one more attempt at throwing Celia into this game, let's hope this one starts :P

Just make your character, smartass :P

Quote from: kckolbe on June 06, 2015, 11:02:15 PM
The book mentions selling captured pokemon.  Can you buy and sell pokemon in this game?  Is there some method for determining their worth?

I have never had this come up, but if anyone decides to sell Pokemon for any reason I'll come up with a reasonable and potentially profitable scale.

Quote from: Premier on June 06, 2015, 11:43:36 PM
Sign me up for this one! Time to make a new pokemun, a word I will spell correctly some day. Maybe.

I may just random table roll it and then DEAL WITH the consequences.

It's a Premier! Nice to have some of the gang back. I am curious and terrified to see what you come up with this time.

Quote from: Warlock on June 07, 2015, 03:23:20 AM

Think I'll join in if there's room left.

There's room until I and my Co-GM's say 'enough!'. Jump on in.

Miroque

At this scene, where Pokemorphs can be captured, I would assume, Selling one's pokemons might be extremely lucrative...

kckolbe

Quote from: Miroque on June 07, 2015, 05:50:33 AM
At this scene, where Pokemorphs can be captured, I would assume, Selling one's pokemons might be extremely lucrative...

But buying them could be extremely expensive.

Thanks for trying to incorporate that eternal.  I think I'll try a capture specialist
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Premier

Quote from: eternaldarkness on June 07, 2015, 03:54:58 AM
It's a Premier! Nice to have some of the gang back. I am curious and terrified to see what you come up with this time.

MWAHAHAHAH.

I said I'd hit random and go with what came up. Seems I'm a Scrafty this time!

TheFourthShade

I'm interested.

Not sure what I'm doing yet, but I've got a couple of ideas.

Ala Rai Sen

Concerning the Pokemorphs, what do they look like exactly? Are they humans with some pokemon features (like the gadjillions of gijinka art out there) or are they (even more) human shaped pokemon?

So basically this
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
vs. this

Warlock

Think the Morphs can look like both, depending on how their phenotype express themselves they may either tending toward their human or pokemon side. If I've understood Eternaldarkness correctly.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Ala Rai Sen on June 07, 2015, 10:38:38 AM
Concerning the Pokemorphs, what do they look like exactly? Are they humans with some pokemon features (like the gadjillions of gijinka art out there) or are they (even more) human shaped pokemon?

So basically this
vs. this

Both. It's a sliding scale of human/mon-ness, with some people being more or less Mon than others. Oddly, there is no easy way to tell if someone who looks more like a Pokemon is actually a morph. Some people have the look strongly, but are still essentially human.

Quote from: TheFourthShade on June 07, 2015, 09:50:16 AM
I'm interested.

Not sure what I'm doing yet, but I've got a couple of ideas.

Yay Shade!

Premier

eternaldarkness

Added the following information to the initial post.:
QuoteBreeding and Single-Gender Species: Some species of pokemon and pokemorph (Such as Hitmonlee/HitmanChan/Hitmontop, Sawk/Throh, and some others) only have a single gender for their entire species, with no female counterpart. So how, you ask, do they breed?

Well, they owe their continued existence to the town bicycle of the pokemon world: Ditto. Most of the Ditto that are found in the wild are the ones that decided not to take on the form of another species; the majority of Ditto choose a species of Pokemon or Pokemorph. These Ditto instantly become indistinguishable from the species they duplicated, and from that point on they are unable to ever change again.

Pokemorph Psychology

To clarify Pokemorph behavior, and give general guidelines for how they should be played:

Pokemorphs, whether they were born human or born as Pokemon, have an innate desire to bond with a human. This is a quirk of their pokemon natures, and while it may be weaker or stronger in different individuals it is very rare for a Pokemorph to betray or abandon a trainer once they've been captured. It is simply not in their nature to do so; in cases of extreme abuse they can leave and morphs are still intelligent, thinking beings - but their biological and psychological urge is to seek out a trainer, and even the most independent morph might find himself inexplicably depressed if he is separated from even a cruel and abusive trainer. It is the nature of Pokemon to adapt to their environment and their situation, and morphs are no different.

Breeding and Single-Gender Species: Some species of pokemon and pokemorph (Such as Hitmonlee/HitmanChan/Hitmontop, Sawk/Throh, and some others) only have a single gender for their entire species, with no female counterpart. So how, you ask, do they breed?

Pokemorph Psychology

Quote from: Premier on June 07, 2015, 11:29:17 AM

Aw fuck yeah.

Ooh baby. Are you trying to get special favors by flirting with the GM? Cuz it's working.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Premier

How do you actually make a morph? What's the rules for them?

kckolbe

Working on a capture specialist (horse trader concept), someone who makes his pokemon team stronger largely through buying and selling.  Charm will be his highest skill for haggling.  Obviously he'll have one or two that he is fond of and keeps, but most will be constantly "on the block" for deals.  For a starter, I am considering Turtwig or Lillipup.  I'm fond of both.

Intro Thread

Warlock

Should be done mechanically with the character and the starter, haven't combed it through for mistakes so those may be there. I've used the mentor class ability to gain Magic Coat, Healing Wish and Return using up all 3 Tutor points in the process, shouldn't be anything else out of the ordinary.

Link to Sheet

Ala Rai Sen

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Premier on June 07, 2015, 01:47:10 PM
How do you actually make a morph? What's the rules for them?

As stated, they are just built as per their Pokemon species. The one hitch is you can improve them with Poke` Edges and obviously decide your own moves.

Premier

Quote from: eternaldarkness on June 08, 2015, 12:27:46 AM
As stated, they are just built as per their Pokemon species. The one hitch is you can improve them with Poke` Edges and obviously decide your own moves.

How does improving them with Poke' Edges work exactly? I am very new to this!

Also starting out as a Scraggy it seems. Evolution is gonna be a weird moment.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Premier on June 08, 2015, 01:09:54 AM
How does improving them with Poke' Edges work exactly? I am very new to this!

Also starting out as a Scraggy it seems. Evolution is gonna be a weird moment.

Pretty simply, you spend Tutor Points for Poke` Edges. Another way to improve them more quickly is to have a trainer, as trainers can do things like buff you up to the gills with their Features.

Rhynarion

Sir Darkness-

-Shall I make a google docs folder to hold all the sheets? I have the free time to set that up tommorow (today?). I am excited to be your Co-GM.

-Would you consider removing the 'May only tutor an egg move once' clause from mentor? Not being able to get all the fangs makes strong jaw a sad proposition.

-Starting moneys? Any restriction on what we can buy?

-Does the whole 'no one can force you into something you do not consent to' also apply to Pokemorph PCs being caught by Trainer PCs?

-Just how difficult would you say it is to find a tutor who will tutor? You mentioned it being not a simple task, but never elaborated properly.

-If we gain an ability with the connection Keyword (which grants the move as I understand), but have no open moveslots- where does that move go? Can we automatically apply the PokeEdge that allows one to make aforementioned move not take up a slot?

-Is it me or is Sturdy less useful? Maybe I build my pokemon ridiculously tanky (I really do), but I have never been oneshot even with a 10 level advantage in the enemies favor. More a risk on sweepers?

-Does the second Enduring Soul feature that allows me to make my pokemon take a breather while confused or enraged allow me to do so without having to make my confusion save at the start of my turn?

-Can pokemon be of unusual size or only standard?

-Will type shifted appear in the wild? The core rules implies they can.

-Grids or abstract distances?

-Time advancement rate? Or fluid?

eternaldarkness

Character Name: Roy
Background: Undercity Thug (Adept Intimidate, Novice Combat.). Rank Down: Charm,  Acrobatics., Tech Edu.)
Level: 5
Abilities: Winter's Kiss.
Capabilities: Power 4, Jump 0/1, Overland 5, Swim 2, Throw 6, Size M, WC 3.
Height: 5'10
Weight: 145 lbs.

(Base Stats)/Level-up (10 Points + 14 level-up)
HP: (10) 14
Attack: (5) 12
Defense: (5) 10 (+2 Roughneck)
Special Attack: (5)
Special Defense: (5) 10
Speed: (5) 10

Evasion
  D. Ev: +2
    S.Ev: +2
Spd.Ev: +2

Hit Points: 62
AP: 6

Edges

1st - 4
Basic Skills: Intuition
Basic Skills: Athletics
Basic Skills: Occult Edu.

Intimidating Presence
Prerequisites: Novice Intimidate
Effect: You learn the Move Leer.

2nd - 1 + 1 Bonus
Basic Skills: General Edu.
Adept Skills: Combat (Bonus)

4th - 1
Adept Skills: Intuition

Features

1st - 4 + 1 Training Feature
Roughneck
[Class] [+Defense]
Prerequisites: Novice Athletics, Intimidating Presence
1 AP – Swift Action
Trigger: You hit a foe with an Attack
Effect: The foe loses a Combat Stage in the Stat of your choice.

Mentor
[Class]
Prerequisites: Two of Charm, Intimidate, Intuition, or Pokémon Education at Novice Rank
Daily x3 – Extended Action
Target: A Pokémon with at least 1 Tutor Point remaining
Effect: The target loses 1 Tutor Point, and then learns a move from its tutor list marked with a (N), or any move on
its level-up list learned at X Level or lower, where X is the target’s current Level plus the sum of your Mentor Skill
Ranks. Note that despite being Tutored, these Moves count as if they were “natural” for organizational purposes.
Special: When you take Mentor, choose two of Charm, Intimidate, Intuition, and Pokémon Education to become
your Mentor Skills. The Skills you choose must be at Novice Rank or higher.

Expand Horizons
Prerequisites: Mentor
At-Will – Extended Action
Target: Your Pokémon
Effect: Your Pokémon gains 3 Tutor Points. A Pokémon
may be targeted by Expand Horizons only once.

Malice
[+Defense]
Prerequisites: Roughneck, Adept Intimidate
Static
Effect: You learn the Moves Mean Look and Chip Away.

Brutal Training (Free)
[Training] [Orders]
Prerequisites: Novice Intimidate, Untrained Command
At-Will – Special
Effect: The target becomes Brutal until the end of the
effect duration. Brutal Pokémon increase the Critical-
Hit and Effect Range of all attacks by +1.

3rd - 1
Taskmaster
[Class]
Prerequisites: Brutal Training, Novice Intimidate
At-Will – Free Action
Trigger: You apply Brutal Training as a Training action
Effect: You may grant your Pokémon up to three injuries. If your Pokémon has at least one Injury, it becomes
Hardened.
Mechanic – Hardened
Hardened Pokemon receive the following benefits:
»» They do not lose Hit Points from acting while Heavily Injured
»» Injuries beyond the 5th do not lower their Maximum Hit Points
»» If they have 1 or more injuries, they gain +1 to Critical Hit and Effect Range.
»» If they have 3 or more injuries, they gain +1 Evasion and +5 to Initiative.
»» If they have 5 or more injuries, they gain +5 Damage Reduction.
»» If they have 7 or more injuries, they are immune to Loss of Hit Points (but not damage) from all effects.
»» If they have 9 or more injuries, they resist all damage one step further.

5th - 1 + 1 Bonus General Feature
Savage Strike
Prerequisites: Taskmaster
At-Will – Extended Action
Target: Your Pokémon with at least 2 Tutor Points
Effect: The target loses 2 Tutor Points, and gains the
Cruelty Ability.

Tutoring (Bonus General Feature) (Chip Away, Mean Look, One Other)
Prerequisites: Novice General Education, Special (See
Effect)
One Time Use x 3 – Extended Action
Effect: When activating this Feature, select a Move
known either by yourself or by 3 Pokémon you own.
This Move is Mastered. As an Extended Action, you
may have Pokémon spend 2 Tutor Points to learn a
Move you have Mastered. Pokémon targeted this way
can only learn Moves that they could learn by Level Up,
TM, Egg Move, or Move Tutor. You may take Tutoring
multiple times, each time gaining 3 uses of the Feature.
Note: To be clear, this Feature lets you choose a total of
three different Moves you can Tutor. The use limitation
isn’t on how often you can Tutor them; once you have
Mastered a Move, you can Tutor it At-Will.

Skills
Body
Acrobatics 2d6
Athletics 2d6
Combat 2d6
Intimidate 2d6
Stealth 2d6
Survival 2d6

Mind
General Edu 2d6
Medicine Edu 2d6
Occult Edu 2d6
Pokémon Edu 2d6
Technology Edu 2d6
Guile 2d6
Perception 2d6

Spirit
Charm 2d6
Command 2d6
Focus 2d6
Intuition 2d6

Moves
Move: Leer
Type: Normal
Frequency: At-Will
AC: 2
Class: Status
Range: Cone 2, Friendly, Social
Effect: All legal targets have their Defense lowered by 1
Combat Stage.
Contest Type: Cool
Contest Effect: Excitement

Move: Chip Away
Frequency: EOT
Damage Base 7: 2d6+10 / 17
Class: Physical
Range: Melee, 1 Target
Effect: Ignore any Armor, Damage Reduction, or
changes in the target’s Defense or Special Defense (such
as from Combat Stages) when calculating damage.
Contest Type: Tough
Contest Effect: Reliable

Move: Mean Look
Frequency: Scene
AC: None
Range: 6, 1 Target, Social
Effect: The user casts a foul spell on the target, causing
it to become Trapped and Slowed for the remainder of
the encounter.
Contest Type: Beauty
Contest Effect: Unsettling

Gear: Pokedex, Pokegear

Money: $5,000

Background:

Pokemon
Pokemon
Name: Knuckles
Species: Timburr
Basic Ability: Guts. Cruelty (2 TP).
Nature: Composed (+HP/-HP)
Level: 10
XP:
Loyalty: 4
Tutor Points: 2/5

Capability List
Overland 3, Swim 2, Jump 1/1, Power 4, Naturewalk
(Mountain, Urban), Underdog, Wielder

Skill List
Athl 3d6+2, Acro 2d6, Combat 3d6, Stealth 2d6, Percep
2d6, Focus 2d6+1

(Base Stats) Level-up (20 points)
HP: (8) 12
Attack: (8) 12
Defense: (6) 10
Special Attack: (3) 3
Special Defense: (4) 8
Speed: (4) 8

Hit Points: 56

Moves

1 Move: Leer
Range: Cone 2, Friendly, Social
Combat Stage.

1 Move: Pound
Damage Base 4: 1d8+6 / 11
Effect: None
Contest Effect: Steady Performance

4 Move: Focus Energy
Range: Self
Effect: The user becomes Pumped. While Pumped,
the user’s Critical Range is extended by 2, or 18+ if
the Critical Range is not otherwise extended. Being
switched will cause this effect to end.
Contest Effect: Get Ready!

8 Move: Bide
Frequency: Scene
Range: Burst 1, Friendly
Effect: The user may use Bide as a Reaction Move
upon being Hit by a Damaging Move. During their
next available turn, the user may Shift and then use
Bide, causing all Adjacent foes to lose X HP, where X
is the amount of Damage taken since declaring use of
Bide (Loss of life through effects such as Poison is not
‘Damage’).
Contest Effect: Double Time

16 Move: Rock Throw (N) (1 TP)
Type: Rock
AC: 4
Damage Base 5: 1d8+8 / 13
Range: 6, 1 Target
Effect: None

Move: Power-Up Punch (T) (STAB)
Type: Fighting
Damage Base 4: 1d8+6 / 11
Effect: If Power-Up Punch successfully hits a target, the
user’s Attack is raised by +1 Combat Stage
Contest Effect: Catching Up

Poke Edges

Held Items: Barstool Leg (Crude Small Melee Weapon. Adept Moves: Bash, Wear Down)

Name: E-v-ee
Species: Eevee - Pokemorph
Basic Ability: Run Away
Nature: Jolly (+Spd/-Satk)
XP:
Loyalty: -
Tutor Points: 5/5

Capability List
Overland 4, Jump 1/1, Power 2, Tracker, Underdog

Skill List
Athl 3d6+2, Acro 2d6+1, Combat 2d6, Stealth 2d6+1,
Percep 2d6+1, Focus 2d6, Guile 2d6+1, Charm 3d6+2, Intimidate 1d6

HP: (6) 10
Attack: (6) 10
Defense: (5) 9
Special Attack: (4) 4
Special Defense: (7) 11
Speed: (7) 11

Hit Points: 50

Moves

1 Move: Helping Hand
Range: 4, 1 Target, Priority
Effect: Helping Hand grants the target +2 on their next
Accuracy Roll this round, and +10 to the next Damage
Roll this round.
Contest Type: Smart
Contest Effect: Good Show!

1 Move: Growl
Range: Burst 1, Friendly, Sonic, Social
Effect: Growl lowers all Legal Targets Attack 1 Combat
Stage.
Contest Type: Cute

1 Move: Tackle (STAB)
Range: Melee, 1 Target, Dash, Push
Effect: The target is pushed 2 Meters.

1 Move: Tail Whip
Combat Stage.

5 Move: Sand Attack
Type: Ground
Range: 2, 1 Target
Effect: The target is Blinded until the end of their next
turn.

9 Move: Baby-Doll Eyes
Type: Fairy
Range: 4, 1 Target, Priority, Social
Effect: The target’s Attack is lowered 1 Combat Stage.

Poke Edges

Gear/Held Items:

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Rhynarion on June 08, 2015, 01:44:18 AM
Sir Darkness-

-Shall I make a google docs folder to hold all the sheets? I have the free time to set that up tommorow (today?). I am excited to be your Co-GM.

-Would you consider removing the 'May only tutor an egg move once' clause from mentor? Not being able to get all the fangs makes strong jaw a sad proposition.

-Starting moneys? Any restriction on what we can buy?

-Does the whole 'no one can force you into something you do not consent to' also apply to Pokemorph PCs being caught by Trainer PCs?

-Just how difficult would you say it is to find a tutor who will tutor? You mentioned it being not a simple task, but never elaborated properly.

-If we gain an ability with the connection Keyword (which grants the move as I understand), but have no open moveslots- where does that move go? Can we automatically apply the PokeEdge that allows one to make aforementioned move not take up a slot?

-Is it me or is Sturdy less useful? Maybe I build my pokemon ridiculously tanky (I really do), but I have never been oneshot even with a 10 level advantage in the enemies favor. More a risk on sweepers?

-Does the second Enduring Soul feature that allows me to make my pokemon take a breather while confused or enraged allow me to do so without having to make my confusion save at the start of my turn?

-Can pokemon be of unusual size or only standard?

-Will type shifted appear in the wild? The core rules implies they can.

-Grids or abstract distances?

-Time advancement rate? Or fluid?

-I'll set up a character thread shortly for people to stick those in so they can edit as-needed.

-Not necessary. You'll be able to find move tutors for those.

-You start with $5,000 and can buy what you can afford. This includes TM's and accessories, stones, shards, etc.

-Yes. This is something you should work out beforehand with the player.

-If you put forth even minimal effort, you will find someone who can teach the move you want. The islands are a hotspot for trainers, breeders, and pokemon-related activities of all kinds.

-The easiest way is to ask the Gym Leaders/Elite Four and the other prominent trainers. They don't just hang out at their gyms all day waiting for challenges, and most of them are pretty social.

-You get the move, period. It does not use a slot. You just have it.

-You haven't played with a true powerhouse yet. Trust me, you will sometimes get dropped like a sack of bricks. Sturdy has its uses - no Execute moves, no one-shot KO's, and especially no injuries from massive damage. Very nice ability, actually.

-Yep. It works exactly as it says, and is really a great feature.

-The islands are absolutely loaded with Shiny Pokemon (a category that covers any Pokemon with unusual features) as well as type-shifted variants of all kinds. Several of the NPC's have Mon like that, actually - for example it is common knowledge that Rolli has a type-shifted (to Fighting) Snorlax morph. She often wanders into Battle City and cleans out the buffets.

-We're going with abstract distance and fluid time. Its easier that way.

Rhynarion

I can't decide if I want to go-

Inspired Training because it + enduring soul + critical moment = never fail a save, ever. Bonus points if you can find a Relic Crown for another +2. (So +8 normally; +12 during Crit Moment. Pretty much immune to paralyze because Para is a DC 5 save check to act.)

Brutal Training because I can load up with Bite, Iron Head, Zen Headbutt, and Stone Edge; flinches on 13 or even 11? Flinch is dope. I once beat a pokemon resisting all my moves by consistently flinching them to death. Stone Edge crits on 15+ is also nice with its Stab base power. 11 / 13 Crit Moment's

Agility Training and buy a Quick Claw; +18 initiative with no speed investment. +2 movement. +26 Init and +4 movement for Critical Moment. Gotta go fast!

Of course I will eventually have them all and probably switch based on the encounters for the day, but I want to pick my core strategy.

Advice?

Also, Head Smash: Worth moveslot and Rock Head at only once per scene? It's only real claim to fame appears being able to shrek someone and then also move them into a stealth rock. Am I understimating it? Is Outrage better?

eternaldarkness

You are really worried about saves, lol. A flinch exploiter can be positively brutal, but going first is not to be underestimated either. The one who can lay on a nasty status or set up a hazard first will often have a huge advantage, to say nothing of opponents who will just alpha strike you to death in round 1.

Premier

Any newbie traps for character gen? Like is there a way to fill out stats and the like that'll give you a terrible character or something that you absolutely need otherwise you'll get dunked? I don't want to end up being useless!

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Premier on June 08, 2015, 03:47:27 AM
Any newbie traps for character gen? Like is there a way to fill out stats and the like that'll give you a terrible character or something that you absolutely need otherwise you'll get dunked? I don't want to end up being useless!

Invest in the HP stat. Hit points are the best defense because they don't rely on the whims of the dice. My personal rule is at least one out of every four attribute points goes to HP.

TheFourthShade

I second the boss's suggestion about Hit Points.

In fact, if you're playing a human non-combatant, you should invest in it more often.

Premier

Getting there!

How does Skills work for Pokemorphs? Especially Knowledge skills, we can't take Edges to boost them up. Capabilities too, Scraggy's are pretty tiny so they have low power and short legs but a Morph not so much.

Anywhere here's what I got.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sQP-8p1y6CSqKtwWPXgcCfS9WE7olQ-9727htQlCJsw/edit?usp=sharing

Playing a guy for the first time in an age! Though one that might get mistaken for a girl a lot.

Rhynarion

Quote from: eternaldarkness on June 08, 2015, 03:59:05 AM
Invest in the HP stat. Hit points are the best defense because they don't rely on the whims of the dice. My personal rule is at least one out of every four attribute points goes to HP.

This, seconded. I style myself with tanky pokes, so I end up spending about 66-75% of my stats in HP and defenses; I don't often go around raising speed to be honest.

Query, Sir Darkness.

Does Run Up apply to ranged attacks too - such as Stone Edge? The wording implies that it can, as it only requires moving in a straight line toward the target when attacking.

Interestingly, you can make Outrage hit 3 targets up to 4m away since it is a Burst move and thus is legal for Scattershot from Ace trainer. You lose the ability to hit potentially nine targets if you are surrounded, but I think it is almost fair trade.

I can't decide if I want Stone Edge or Dragon Claw for my free move. The elemental bites are nice, but 50-50 of procing flinch is less than ideal. Status is nice, but the whole 'best defense is good offense' is doubly noted when you have a 40-50% chance of ripping their turn away.

Since shinies are so prevalent, does that mean that there are other ways to type-shift pokemon besides being a Type-Ace? I would assume such at least, with the amount implied to occur in the wild.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Premier on June 08, 2015, 04:09:27 PM
Getting there!

How does Skills work for Pokemorphs? Especially Knowledge skills, we can't take Edges to boost them up. Capabilities too, Scraggy's are pretty tiny so they have low power and short legs but a Morph not so much.

Anywhere here's what I got.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sQP-8p1y6CSqKtwWPXgcCfS9WE7olQ-9727htQlCJsw/edit?usp=sharing

Playing a guy for the first time in an age! Though one that might get mistaken for a girl a lot.

Actually, you can take Poke` Edges to raise skills, and I believe I am going to give all morphs 1d6 in Charm, Guile, and Intimidate and + 3d6 dice to apply wherever they want to social skills, with a max of 4d6 in any skill until they hit level 12. That way PC morphs have some social skills.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Rhynarion on June 08, 2015, 05:22:05 PM
This, seconded. I style myself with tanky pokes, so I end up spending about 66-75% of my stats in HP and defenses; I don't often go around raising speed to be honest.

Query, Sir Darkness.

Does Run Up apply to ranged attacks too - such as Stone Edge? The wording implies that it can, as it only requires moving in a straight line toward the target when attacking.

Interestingly, you can make Outrage hit 3 targets up to 4m away since it is a Burst move and thus is legal for Scattershot from Ace trainer. You lose the ability to hit potentially nine targets if you are surrounded, but I think it is almost fair trade.

I can't decide if I want Stone Edge or Dragon Claw for my free move. The elemental bites are nice, but 50-50 of procing flinch is less than ideal. Status is nice, but the whole 'best defense is good offense' is doubly noted when you have a 40-50% chance of ripping their turn away.

Since shinies are so prevalent, does that mean that there are other ways to type-shift pokemon besides being a Type-Ace? I would assume such at least, with the amount implied to occur in the wild.

Speed is actually superior to Def and Sdef as a defensive stat because it protects against all evadable attacks. It also has the benefit of improving initiative.

I rule that run up applies to ranged attacks too. The mechanics trump the fluff there, and it won't break anything.

As for shinies, the in-setting reason they're so prevalent is because during the baby boom lots of morphs were interbreeding wantonly (No really, it was mostly PC morphs too) and that's in addition to type-shifted individuals also breeding and people using This Ones Special, I Know It to make even more extra special babies, all of whom have been breeding for 20 years.

Rhynarion

My reasoning for why speed isn't explicitly better is that if you do get hit, it doesn't reduce the damage at all. Getting to +6 / +6 (+12) evasion is not easy, at least not how I've seen the game run.

I tend to rely more on effective health than RNG to determine my ability as a tank rather than a sweeper.

TheFourthShade

Don't some effects and attacks ignore or reduce speed's effect on evasion, as well?

eternaldarkness

Quote from: TheFourthShade on June 08, 2015, 10:46:18 PM
Don't some effects and attacks ignore or reduce speed's effect on evasion, as well?

Some do, and a few attacks always hit. There are also attacks that ignore other defenses or just let you choose which defense to target.

Rhynarion

Can we fluff attacks how we want?

Like for example can my Iron Head be more like Iron Crush; picking someone up in my jaws and slamming them back down with extreme force?

So long as I don't try to say strong jaw applies to it, ect, this should be fine?

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Rhynarion on June 08, 2015, 11:47:27 PM
Can we fluff attacks how we want?

Like for example can my Iron Head be more like Iron Crush; picking someone up in my jaws and slamming them back down with extreme force?

So long as I don't try to say strong jaw applies to it, ect, this should be fine?

Oh goodness, yes. I don't care how you fluff it, it won't change the mechanics. In fact I encourage people to fluff how they like for unique style, since every trainer, Pokémon species, and region have their own unique variations on moves.

I'm crashing early tonight, but I'm off work tomorrow and will get character, ooc, and the first IC thread up. I owe Miroque some stats for her eevee and Roy's revised stats and background too. If anyone else needs anything else, ask me or Rhynarion. Preferably both of us. I'll be consulting my Co-Gm's on most things anyway.

Get those characters done so we can get rolling.

Warlock

Quote from: Premier on June 08, 2015, 04:09:27 PMPlaying a guy for the first time in an age! Though one that might get mistaken for a girl a lot.

Ohhhhh.... <3

*Jumps on Scraggy and holds him tightly*
Never leave me!
*Throws Pokeball and presses B repeatedly*

Premier

Well I do need a trainer! Left my Cash and Tutor Points free just for that even, so I can tailor myself to them a bit.

Miroque

Character sheet:

Race: Evee Pokemorph
Legal status: Free pokemon. Her birth is not registered by any database.

Personality: Evee loves to stay on her pokemon form, as her morph is more pokemon that human, causing her to look nonhuman anyway, and with her first trainer, she learned that humans are uncaring folk, not like pokemons. They are motivated by greed and other unlikable traits. She loves night and nightsky and in her dreams, she dreams of darkness.

(( All gaming stuff is coming up, when Gm gets them done ))

Warlock

Quote from: Premier on June 09, 2015, 03:31:57 AM
Well I do need a trainer! Left my Cash and Tutor Points free just for that even, so I can tailor myself to them a bit.

You can check out my trainer, the mentor skills are at 8 total (Charm 4, Intuition 4) so you can learn both Headbutt and Swagger if you'd like for a tutor point. My Lopunny, Lana, is a very defensive pokemon benefitting from Technique Archive, Bright Powder, Stats, Inspired Training, Trickster Orders and Moves (Endure, Protect, Magic Coat), she also happens to be in the Field egg group (sharing that with Scraggy). Depending on how ''Your Pokemon'' is interpreted you'd benefit from a few of the above yourself.

The nature of their relationship, could be anything childhood friends, accidental catch in a forest, either of them being saved from being run over by a bus by the other or whatever. If you'd like to collaborate, please send me a PM and we can see if we can work something out.

On Bright Powder, would that count as Stat Evasion for the purposes of Dazzling Dervish (In short, increased Move Speed and pass through targets get negative to attack), since it affects a Stat Evasion (Speed) but is not derived from a stat.

Rhynarion

Now, for battles - how do you want us to format it?

I was thinking a spoiler below the RP of the post, with the crunch in it?

-Obviously raw stats should be hidden, but- should evasion be posted? It would feel weird narratively to me if we described our attacks hitting in our post, but they didn't actually connect (with me having no way of knowing that) due to unknown evasion. Maybe I am overthinking this because anyone could reference the sheets?

Also, to the rest of you - I am available for questions all day / at any time. PMs go directly to my Email and I check the thread every hour or so. Sir Darkness and I appear to value different stats, which I think is awesome - it means everyone can get a second opinion. I have dissected this system at length in my spare time.

Fun Fact of the Day: Fury Cutter

Fury Cutter gets big dangerous if you apply Unbalancing Blow (Brutal Training Signature Technique; Single Target moves). This makes it inflict Vulnerable on a hit or miss. Fury Cutter starts out at 4 Base Power but swings up to 16 after three consecutive hits. At AC3, once you inflict vulnerable and spend a poke edge to bring it down to AC2 or just apply Focused Training / Orders you are swinging against AC2 every time - since you only need to tie AC to hit, you only miss on a natural 1. Short of protect, parry, detect, ect. or the opponent outranging you with movement, your damage can rapidly spiral out of control.

Vulnerable Condition removes all evasion from the target until they are next hit or for one full round.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Miroque on June 09, 2015, 04:48:04 AM
Character sheet:

Race: Evee Pokemorph
Legal status: Free pokemon. Her birth is not registered by any database.

Personality: Evee loves to stay on her pokemon form, as her morph is more pokemon that human, causing her to look nonhuman anyway, and with her first trainer, she learned that humans are uncaring folk, not like pokemons. They are motivated by greed and other unlikable traits. She loves night and nightsky and in her dreams, she dreams of darkness.

(( All gaming stuff is coming up, when Gm gets them done ))

Species: Eevee - Pokemorph
Basic Ability: Run Away
Nature: Jolly (+Spd/-Satk)
XP:
Loyalty: -
Tutor Points: 5/5

Capability List
Overland 4, Jump 1/1, Power 2, Tracker, Underdog

Skill List
Athl 3d6+2, Acro 2d6+1, Combat 2d6, Stealth 2d6+1,
Percep 2d6+1, Focus 2d6, Guile 2d6+1, Charm 3d6+2, Intimidate 1d6

HP: (6) 10
Attack: (6) 10
Defense: (5) 9
Special Attack: (4) 4
Special Defense: (7) 11
Speed: (7) 11

Hit Points: 50

Moves

1 Move: Helping Hand
Range: 4, 1 Target, Priority
Effect: Helping Hand grants the target +2 on their next
Accuracy Roll this round, and +10 to the next Damage
Roll this round.
Contest Type: Smart
Contest Effect: Good Show!

1 Move: Growl
Range: Burst 1, Friendly, Sonic, Social
Effect: Growl lowers all Legal Targets Attack 1 Combat
Stage.

1 Move: Tackle
Range: Melee, 1 Target, Dash, Push

1 Move: Tail Whip
Combat Stage.

5 Move: Sand Attack
Type: Ground
Range: 2, 1 Target
Effect: The target is Blinded until the end of their next
turn.

9 Move: Baby-Doll Eyes
Type: Fairy
Range: 4, 1 Target, Priority, Social
Effect: The target’s Attack is lowered 1 Combat Stage.

Poke Edges

Gear/Held Items:

JoanieSappho

Quote from: Rhynarion on June 09, 2015, 02:04:53 PM
Now, for battles - how do you want us to format it?

I was thinking a spoiler below the RP of the post, with the crunch in it?

-Obviously raw stats should be hidden, but- should evasion be posted? It would feel weird narratively to me if we described our attacks hitting in our post, but they didn't actually connect (with me having no way of knowing that) due to unknown evasion. Maybe I am overthinking this because anyone could reference the sheets?

Also, to the rest of you - I am available for questions all day / at any time. PMs go directly to my Email and I check the thread every hour or so. Sir Darkness and I appear to value different stats, which I think is awesome - it means everyone can get a second opinion. I have dissected this system at length in my spare time.

Fun Fact of the Day: Fury Cutter

Fury Cutter gets big dangerous if you apply Unbalancing Blow (Brutal Training Signature Technique; Single Target moves). This makes it inflict Vulnerable on a hit or miss. Fury Cutter starts out at 4 Base Power but swings up to 16 after three consecutive hits. At AC3, once you inflict vulnerable and spend a poke edge to bring it down to AC2 or just apply Focused Training / Orders you are swinging against AC2 every time - since you only need to tie AC to hit, you only miss on a natural 1. Short of protect, parry, detect, ect. or the opponent outranging you with movement, your damage can rapidly spiral out of control.

Vulnerable Condition removes all evasion from the target until they are next hit or for one full round.

Well, if you (or Darkness) want to give any advice on changes I could make to Nissa, that'd be awesome. I've madea couple PTU characters, but never actually used them ...

TheFourthShade

I'm not a supreme expert, but I could offer aid as well.

JoanieSappho

Quote from: TheFourthShade on June 09, 2015, 03:26:45 PM
I'm not a supreme expert, but I could offer aid as well.
The more help the better, I think, although I don't want to be bugging everyone with this.

eternaldarkness

For battles, you'll give the bare minimum necessary to keep from slowing things down - Hit Points, # of Injuries, Def, Sdef, Sdef, Speed, Evasions and relevant abilities and capabilities.

League battles work as per the book - lowest init declares, faster inits get to act in response to the slower persons move.

Non-league battles are up to the participants. If they decide to fight by league rules, then see above. If not...fastest init goes first, and everything is legal.

I'm working on the threads now. They should be up shortly.

Joanie - it looks like you have a solidly built fairy ace there. I don't see any real issues at first glance.

kckolbe

I normally do very well with systems, but this is extremely tedious and I am just not getting it.  This is very different from the baseline 3 system I played (in which chars had D&D attributes).  I know which edges I want to start with, and the *basic* stuff for my starting pokemon, but there are rules for rules in this damn game, and I feel like I don't qualify for *any* features.  Other than picking a pokemon, stats, and nature, I don't know what to do for them.

I just feel the creation rules are way too complicated for a game about pokemon.

Intro Thread

Premier

It's not so bad, the Char Gen in the book will take you through it.

It comes mainly down to Skills for what Trainer Classes you want to take. I think there's a Char Gen google doc that'll do a lot of the hard work for you too

JoanieSappho

Yeah, you'll want to start with what classes you want, then build back from there.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: kckolbe on June 09, 2015, 04:24:17 PM
I normally do very well with systems, but this is extremely tedious and I am just not getting it.  This is very different from the baseline 3 system I played (in which chars had D&D attributes).  I know which edges I want to start with, and the *basic* stuff for my starting pokemon, but there are rules for rules in this damn game, and I feel like I don't qualify for *any* features.  Other than picking a pokemon, stats, and nature, I don't know what to do for them.

I just feel the creation rules are way too complicated for a game about pokemon.

As has been stated, focus on what you want to do and don't get tripped up by trying to optimize. It is pretty much guaranteed you'll make a mistake or three, and that's kind of the point. The good part is every decision is reversible with a few xp, even edge and feature choices.

The easiest way is to pick two classes at first and grab mostly features from those until you want to branch out. Use edges to qualify as-needed, and that's all there is to it.

Lynx181

GAH! is it true that its being revived? well this is certainly interesting...

*Looks at sola being a gym leader* thank you for honoring her sensai

eternaldarkness

Quote from: OyabunKyuubi on June 10, 2015, 07:00:06 AM
*grumble grumbles*

you might entice me into this ED I need to download the new books and all but you might not promising anything...

I never did get to use my Gal i made last time... Anything new I personally need to know about or is she Ready and Rearing to go with everything and Fenfire?

M`asha
2nd stage evo
3rd stage evo

Trainer Sheet
Name: M'asha  | Action Points: 7/7  | Level: 10
Age: 18 Height: 5'0” Weight: 123 lbs (WC 4)  Type: Ice  Species: Roisel
Nature: Modest + Sp Attack - Attack Likes: Dry Dislikes: Spicy
Tutor Points: 2/2

Abilities Limber  Tags: RFID tag (Id:00148589)

Classes: Hunter/Aura Guardian/Frost touched

Basic Attributes
Body  : +2
Mind  : +2
Spirit: +1

Total  =  Base Stats  +  Stat Points  + Miscellaneous
HP             :    10   =      5       +       2       + 3
Attack         :     3   =      3       +       0       + 0
Defense        :    10   =      4       +       6       + 0
Special Attack :    12   =      8       +       3       + 1
Special Defense:    10   =      6       +       4       + 0
Speed          :    12   =      7       +       3       + 2

Total Stat Points: 20

Total Hit Points: 55/55

Evasion (Phy/Spc/Spd): +2/+2/+2

Capability
  Overland    : 6
  Swimming    : 3
  Jump        : 0/1
  Power       : 6
  Throw       : 8
Freezer
Glow
Naturewalk (Taiga)
Underdog
Aura Reading
Aura Pulse

Edges Lvl 1: Mystic senses/Natural Theory/Medical training

Lvl 2: Edge: Basic skill: Acrobatics Edge: Adept skill: Intuition

Lvl 6: Edge: Adept skill: Athletics

Lvl 10: Edge: Adept skill: Medical Edu Edge: Expert skill: Intuition

Features Lvl 1: Hunter/Agility training/First aid

Lvl 4: Feature: Pack Tactics

Lvl 8: Feature: Aura Guardian

Background: Naive Innocent
  Skills Up  :Intuition, Medical Edu, Survival, Athletics, Stealth
  Skills Down:Occult edu, Guile, Intimidate, General Edu, Focus

Skills
  Athletics   : 4d6+2
  Acrobatics  : 3d6+2
  Combat      : 2d6+2
  Intimidate  : 1d6+2
  Stealth     : 3d6+2
  Survival    : 3d6+2+2
  Education
    General   : 1d6+2
    Medicine  : 4d6+2
    Pokemon   : 2d6+2
    Occult    : 1d6+2
    Technology: 2d6+2
  Guile       : 1d6+2
  Perception  : 2d6+2
  Charm       : 2d6+1
  Command     : 2d6+1
  Focus       : 1d6+1
  Intuition   : 5d6+1

Move List:
--------------------------
Struggle (Ice)
Special, At-Will, AC 4
Melee
DB 6: 2d6+12 / 19
Lvl 1 – Tackle – Normal
Physical, At-Will, Ac 3
DB 4: 1d8+3 / 8
Melee, 1 Target, Dash, Push
Lvl 1 – Tail Whip – Normal
Status, At will, Ac 2
Burst 1, Friendly
Effect: The target’s Defense is lowered 1 Combat Stage.
Lvl 1 – Defense Curl (Normal)
Status, At-Will, Ac -
Self
Effect:The user becomes Curled Up. While Curled Up,
the user becomes immune to Critical Hits and gains 10
Damage Reduction. However, while Curled Up, the user
is Slowed and their Accuracy is lowered by -4. The user
may stop being Curled Up as a Swift Action. If the user
has Rollout or Ice Ball in their Move List, they do not
become Slowed while Curled Up. Furthermore, when
using the Moves Rollout or Ice Ball while Curled Up,
the user gains a +10 bonus to the damage rolls of those
Moves and does not suffer Accuracy Penalties from
being Curled Up.
----------------------
Lvl 4 – Powder Snow (Ice)
Special, At-Will, AC 2
Range Line 4
DB 6: 2d6+12/ 19
Effect: Powder Snow Freezes all Legal Targets on 19+.
----------------------
Lvl 9 – Quick Attack (Normal)
Physical, At-Will, AC 2
Melee, 1 Target, Priority
Effect: Priority - If the user has not yet taken their turn
that round, Quick Attack may be declared during a
foe’s turn to immediately take your turn and use Quick
Attack.
----------------------
Tutor – Swift – Normal
Special, EoT, Ac -
Range 8, Ranged blast 2, Friendly
Damage Base 6: 2d6+12 / 19
Effect: Swift cannot Miss.
----------------------
~Slot 7~
----------------------
~Slot 8~
----------------------
~Slot 9~
----------------------
~Slot 10~
----------------------

Pokemon Sheet
Species:   Fenfire   | Type:   Fire    | Level:10 | Name: Haruto
Nature : Modest (+Special attack, - Attack) Likes: Dry Dislikes: Spicy
Ability: Sunglow

Tutor points: 3/3

Held Item :

Total  =  Base Stats  +  Stat Points  + Miscellaneous
Hit Points     :    7    =      4       +       3       + x
Attack         :    3    =      3       +       x       + x
Defense        :   10    =      4       +       6       + x
Special Attack :   12    =      9       +       3       + x
Special Defense:   10    =      6       +       4       + x
Speed          :   10    =      6       +       4       + x

Total Stat Points: 20

Total HP: 41/41

Evasion (Phy/Spc/Spd): +2/+2/+2

Capability
  Overland    : 5
  Swim        : 1
  Jump        : 1/1
  Power       : 5
  Intelligence: 3
Alluring
Egg warmer
Firestarter
Glow
Heater
Packmon
Tracker
Underdog

Skills
  Athletics : 2d6
  Acrobatics: 3d6
  Combat    : 1d6
  Stealth   : 1d6
  Perception: 2d6+1
  Focus     : 2d6

Move List
Struggle (Fire)
Special, At-Will, AC 4
Melee
DB 6: 2d6+12 / 19
----------------------
Lvl 1 – Tackle – Normal
Physical, At-Will, Ac 3
Melee, 1 Target, Dash, Push
----------------------
Lvl 1 – Tail Whip – Normal
Status, At will, Ac 2
Burst 1, Friendly
Effect: The target’s Defense is lowered 1 Combat Stage.
----------------------
Lvl – 7 – Ember (Fire)
Special, At-Will, Ac 2
DB 6: 2d6+12/19
Range 4, 1 target
Effect: Ember Burns the target on 18+.
----------------------
Lvl – 10 - Lick  (Ghost)
Physical, At-Will, Ac 2
DB 3: 1d6+3/7
Melee, 1 target
Effect: Lick Paralyzes the target on 15+ during Accuracy
Check.
----------------------
~move 5~
----------------------
~move 6~
----------------------

Equipment: First Aid Kit, Water Filter, 4 bandages, 3 heal balls, 5 enriched water, 25 PD
Experience:

*Hugs fiercely* I knew that if I left tasty bait you two would be lured in :D

M'Asha needs some tweaking, but should be easy to update.

Quote from: Lynx181 on June 10, 2015, 07:15:42 AM
GAH! is it true that its being revived? well this is certainly interesting...

*Looks at sola being a gym leader* thank you for honoring her sensai

:) generally the most interesting personalities got left in as NPC's. I considered making all new ones but realized I could never outdo what you guys had already done.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: eternaldarkness on June 10, 2015, 12:00:54 PM
:) generally the most interesting personalities got left in as NPC's. I considered making all new ones but realized I could never outdo what you guys had already done.

Oh, I see how it is, no Ally or Rei :P

Going to stat Celia up as a trainer, telepath/musician. Would any morph player like an empathic rocker gal as their trainer?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

OyabunKobold

Yes tweaking Ill get right on it maybe after the thrice damned books download Ive tried 6 times now and they get to like 25 mb before failing or saying theyre finished when they arent

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0
Current Roleplay capacity 0/0

Lynx181

Thanks for being so nice still, if your ever back on skype mind helping me make a new character maybe...

kckolbe

I think I am going to bow out.  Eternal, if you ever come up with rules for pokemon values, please let me know.  Best of luck everyone.

Intro Thread

Premier

I thought Pokemorphs couldn't be Trainers.

Confused!

OyabunKobold

The way I understand it is if they have the RFID tag they can be Ill verify with ED when his wife is home and he has net

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0

Premier

It says even with the RFID tag they can't be Trainers in the OP sorry!

Probably why we're seeing a lot more humans this time round.  But on the up side making a Morph is super easy, no need to fiddle about with classes and that nonsense!

OyabunKobold

Eh Like I said Ill speak with ED about it lol.

This isnt the first rodeo with this particular PTU game with him and I which is why Im Trying to rehash the char I had in the last one. The last one on the other site died far too quickly and M`asha never got to see the light really.

If he says its a no go then Ill fiddle some stuff around and figure out what Ill do but the way he was talking before is he was fine with M`asha as is and she just needed updating from 1.04 to 1.05.

Thanks for the concern though :3 its the reason I left it here instead of putting it in the char thread to begin with ED and I need to talk before I go all ham lol.

ShadowFox89

I'm pretty sure a large majority of us have played with ED in the previous game before :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

OyabunKobold

lol Probably Im not sure how many of the people i know have E accounts or whatnot XD

Lynx181

*looks over the blurb of the big man* while you cannot be a trainer it seems, I a curious if that bars you ever having pokemon under your wing, like a partner so to speak...you cant just fly solo forever...

OyabunKobold

If it is it is if it isnt it isnt Ill speak with ED about it next I see him. Till then Ill withdraw my application so as not to cause any ripples. Have fun y`all.

Vex

Hey there! Nice to meet'cha!

I know this is late and all, but by chance, is this game still open for new additions? It sounds like it could be a lot of fun!

I have a fair amount of experience with PTU, so it shouldn't be too difficult for me to get a character written up during the weekend, assuming you're interested. I was thinking about making a Loveable Rogue-type, a quick-witted thief who's prone to underhandedness, mind-games and trickery instead of brutality. Rogue and Provocateur classes, maybe with some Tumbler thrown in, maybe with a Zorua or Sneasel partner. It seems like a lot of fun in a sandbox setting where a major corporation with criminal roots rules the roost.

But, if you're feeling you've got more than you can handle at the moment and aren't looking for any late entrees, I can respect that. :-)

Edit: Whoops! Hadn't actually checked Sneasel out. Not an Underdog, so I couldn't pick that. Maybe a Murkrow or Meowth instead.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Vex on June 19, 2015, 04:19:09 PM
Hey there! Nice to meet'cha!

I know this is late and all, but by chance, is this game still open for new additions? It sounds like it could be a lot of fun!

I have a fair amount of experience with PTU, so it shouldn't be too difficult for me to get a character written up during the weekend, assuming you're interested. I was thinking about making a Loveable Rogue-type, a quick-witted thief who's prone to underhandedness, mind-games and trickery instead of brutality. Rogue and Provocateur classes, maybe with some Tumbler thrown in, maybe with a Zorua or Sneasel partner. It seems like a lot of fun in a sandbox setting where a major corporation with criminal roots rules the roost.

But, if you're feeling you've got more than you can handle at the moment and aren't looking for any late entrees, I can respect that. :-)

Edit: Whoops! Hadn't actually checked Sneasel out. Not an Underdog, so I couldn't pick that. Maybe a Murkrow or Meowth instead.

Certainly! Get your character made, as I intend to do a lot of posting over the weekend. I'll probably split people up into different threads based on what they want to do.

I'm in the process of packing my house to move, which is kicking my muses ass, but I haven't forgotten you guys.

Miroque

Vex

Quote from: eternaldarkness on June 21, 2015, 02:05:17 AM
Certainly! Get your character made, as I intend to do a lot of posting over the weekend. I'll probably split people up into different threads based on what they want to do.

I'm in the process of packing my house to move, which is kicking my muses ass, but I haven't forgotten you guys.

Done! I hope you don't mind if I just threw it into the Character Sheet thread. I figured it would be easier to just post it there.

I still intend a background for Mika, and maybe a bit on her Pokemon Zoey as well, but I was hoping to leave that a little loose for now, so that we have some flexibility on where to start her off. I could see her as a freelance thief, but I could also see her working with a crime syndicate or even with Silph-Rocket Co, if it's a decent fit. Would you like me to send a PM to sort those out? Or would you prefer to discuss it in the OOC thread? Either way is fine by me!  ;D

Chaosfox

So I would love to do this and I have a couple of Ideas for a character but some wording in the  Researcher  Effect is conf using me

Effect: Choose two Researcher Fields of Study. You may take Features from those Fields with this instance of
Researcher. Gain one Feature from a chosen Researcher Field for which you qualify.

My question is do the the Feature mentioned  count towards the characters Total or is it a  bonus?
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

Vex

Well, ED has been a little silent of late here. He said he's been busy, so you might need to hold onto the idea for a bit before he gets back to you.

But, from my reading of the base Researcher class feature, it seems to be a two-part effect.

1) You choose two Researcher Fields of Study. From now on, you have access to features from those field, if you qualify for them.

and

2) You instantly gain a Feature from one of the Researcher Fields you have chosen, for which you qualify.

So, yes, I'd say that counts as a bonus Feature. Besides, if it was just the first effect, that Feature wouldn't offer any bonus right away, only promises of more in the future, and I think the designers of the game wanted all Features to be usable and fun immediately. ED might rule differently, as is his right, but I'd think most people would agree that you've got a rare bonus Feature for it.

Chaosfox

I was thinking the same thing and I know that he has been busy  but wanted to go ahead and  get the question out there.  I figured it was better to have the question up then a  character already made and my thoughts not be correct.

Miroque

ED had some scene in mind for my pokemorph.. so Im still waitting him up.

eternaldarkness

I'm here, just away from my books and such and posting from my phone while I get moved and wait for internet to be installed. But let me answer some questions:

Quote from: Chaosfox on June 25, 2015, 10:01:11 PM
So I would love to do this and I have a couple of Ideas for a character but some wording in the  Researcher  Effect is conf using me

Effect: Choose two Researcher Fields of Study. You may take Features from those Fields with this instance of
Researcher. Gain one Feature from a chosen Researcher Field for which you qualify.

My question is do the the Feature mentioned  count towards the characters Total or is it a  bonus?

It's a bonus feature. As a rule I go by literal readings first, unless its obvious the intent was something else.

Chaosfox

OK thanks. So I have My Background Edges  And Features all done now... Just have to Do stats and then Filling that all out into a sheet... then Choosing My Pokemon......

ShadowFox89

Would anyone be interested in a 'morph? Still not entirely sure what to play, but I'm fairly certain Eternal won't let me play Rei :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheFourthShade

JoanieSappho

As am I. Any thoughts on what sort of morph you want to be? I would have definite interest in a fairy type ...

ShadowFox89

I could make a fairy-type morph... Mawile perhaps?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

JoanieSappho

I could definitely find uses for a Mawile. Insert innuendo here.
Do you want to have our characters meet ingame and play it out there, or start off already knowing each other, etc?

ShadowFox89

Meeting in game could be fun. Have a big game of 40k tomorrow, but I'll be able to work on a character on Sunday.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Vex

Quote from: eternaldarkness on June 26, 2015, 08:46:15 AM
I'm here, just away from my books and such and posting from my phone while I get moved and wait for internet to be installed.

Thanks for letting us know. That is bothersome, but if you need more time, I certainly don't mind being patient. If you have a smartphone, though, there are apps out there that allow for the downloading and reading of PDFs you might want to look into. For instance, I have the PTU rulebooks on my iPod, specifically so I can reference things while I'm out and about. Might be helpful for you, if you're still up to do some posting while the move is on.

Did you get the PM I sent you a few days ago? You don't have to answer if you don't have the time, naturally, but I wasn't sure if you had noticed them at all.

Chaosfox

Character is up. Will jump in to the rp a bit later after reading through it.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: JoanieSappho on June 26, 2015, 10:34:00 PM
I could definitely find uses for a Mawile. Insert innuendo here.
Do you want to have our characters meet ingame and play it out there, or start off already knowing each other, etc?

Would you prefer a male or female Mawile?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

eternaldarkness

Just an update! T minus one week before I should have internet in my apartment. Hang in there guys. I think you'll all like the plot I have in mind.

Miroque

havent even posted single IC post yet... I hope ED that we do :)

JoanieSappho

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on July 01, 2015, 11:30:43 PM
Would you prefer a male or female Mawile?
Either would work as well as the other. Play whichever you prefer.

Chaosfox

Of  Sorry for no IC Latley Been a flurry of  activity over here. Hopefully I can have an IC  up tonight.

TheFourthShade

Quote from: eternaldarkness on July 02, 2015, 12:02:37 AM
Just an update! T minus one week before I should have internet in my apartment. Hang in there guys. I think you'll all like the plot I have in mind.
Rock on.

eternaldarkness

We're up and running again, and still have room for a few more players and CO-GM's! You can join the quest for pokemon mastery as a trainer, or perhaps seek another pokemon goal as a breeder, researcher, or even a member of a criminal team! Or maybe you'd rather play a Pokemon or Pokemorph and join a trainer's team (or not) - that's okay too!

JoanieSappho

eternaldarkness