Just an Interest Check.

Started by Timidity, June 26, 2014, 11:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timidity

The Idea

Picture this alternate world, four friends are sent a post card in the mail. All that is listed on the posted card is an address and the name 'Destiny'. The back of the card has an intricate design of tribal hearts. Within the abstract placement of hearts is written "Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end" (You know you know the song. 3:) The post card is on top of a package and inside that package is a watch with a timer. That same night after they receive the postcard, they all go to sleep. The next morning they wake up, and things seem odd. First off, there's no electricity. Anywhere. All modern conveniences are shot. Running water and plumbing, gone. Granted the establishments, towers, power lines, are still there. But no one is running them, in fact, there's no one anywhere. Where did everyone go? How long will they be gone? Who the hell sent the postcard and watch?

So far that isn't discovered. Any way, the story begins at the lodge. These four friends traveled all the way there, by abandoned cars, by foot and so on. It took them nearly two weeks. And once they arrived, the world changed. As two weeks time ran out, the watches blared their sirens. Suddenly the world as they knew it became a lot smaller. Like the story of Noah's ark, a flood ensued. But it wasn't just from rain. Over night climates changed everywhere. The polar caps were melted, yet everything on the mountain and about five miles around it, was unaffected. Some unknown force had set to change the earth in such a short period of time, leaving these four to be the last of humanity. So, what will they do?

A Little More In Depth

Ok I think you get the story, these four are basically responsible for repopulating the earth. Now, I'm not huge on pregnancy and breeding. I can do it, but I'd prefer it's not the first thing that gets jumped in to. I believe this will be light? I think. I don't really see it qualifying in any other categories. Unless the men just want to force the woman to be with them. Which I'm not aiming for that, though I'm not against that. Or an orgy for that matter. Anyway, getting off track here. Eventually I'd like to get to the point to where the 'being' responsible for this reveals itself and they have to decide if they're against what it did or for what it did. From there I'm not sure whether the being will kill them all, deciding the race isn't worth saving. Or possibly making the world back to what it was.

Necessity

I guess what I need for this is:
• 3 characters (Possibly 4 for the 'being')
• Some interest
• Opinions
• Ideas to throw into the pot

This role play will be completely free form.

I shall be taking a male role for this one. So I need two of the female spots and one male spot taken. (I'm thinking intersex/futa/hermaphrodite for the 'being')

If you want to be a character, You must be able to at least post two paragraphs. That's my minimum. Proper grammar is a must, but a few typos here and there are acceptable.

Also I'd like 1-2 post a week. I'm pretty active, but I can be patient and wait for those who need more time.

In conclusion

If I get enough interest, I'll go ahead and go for a thread. And get a character sheet. And all that fancy jazz. So anyway, if you have questions or anything, just post it here.
To those I'm writing with, read the A&As for a brief heads up.
POSTING UPDATE: 11/15/16- Ha ha. I only thought it was almost over. Gosh I lied to myself.  e_e I'm working on post slowly as I can, but my time varies and probably will until after Thanksgiving break. Then things may be more settled,  so expect delays until then. I sincerely apologize for this, and if you'd like to put a hold on a story or stop it all together just let me know. Otherwise, I deeply appreciate your patience. n_n
Le Musings

MiraMirror

When the RP starts, will the characters already be past the whole "end of the world" deal, or will the RP start when they receive the postcards?
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

Timidity

It begins the evening right before it. They all arrive, get settled in. Then go to sleep hours later only for the event to happen while they're in peaceful slumber.
POSTING UPDATE: 11/15/16- Ha ha. I only thought it was almost over. Gosh I lied to myself.  e_e I'm working on post slowly as I can, but my time varies and probably will until after Thanksgiving break. Then things may be more settled,  so expect delays until then. I sincerely apologize for this, and if you'd like to put a hold on a story or stop it all together just let me know. Otherwise, I deeply appreciate your patience. n_n
Le Musings

MiraMirror

I'll go ahead and tag this for interest, then.  So the next question is, what happens afterwards? The being reveals itself, and then what?  Will it be something like a survival RP? Supernatural creatures, or nature itself?

Timidity

For the beginning, I had thought it to be like a survival RP. The lodge has some resources, which will be put into further detail if this takes off. There can be other elements added, perhaps pawns of the 'being' coming to test them. Which that could make it go kinda dark. It's really going depend on who would like to join, what their preferences are, and if they're accepting to what plot twists can be added as the story plays out.
Le Musings

MiraMirror

Well, it seems interesting regardless, so I'm definitely going to watch this.  Kudos for a nice idea!

Timidity

Ok, well thank you very much. ^_^
Le Musings

KurganofPrussia

Nice idea... I'd sure be interested, although it looks like the other male is taken now.

MiraMirror

Quote from: KurganofPrussia on July 01, 2014, 12:14:21 PM
Nice idea... I'd sure be interested, although it looks like the other male is taken now.

I'd remind you I do tend to play females, so not quite. ^^

KurganofPrussia

Sounds good... what do we do now??

MiraMirror

I believe we'd still need at least one player at minimum.

Timidity

/Le gasp./ People. :D Well, I can play a female role. I guess that depends on what gender you would like, Shrroth.
Le Musings

MiraMirror

I'm pretty bad with playing males, to be absolutely blunt. Yes, despite being one. XP

Timidity

Lol. xD Well that's alright. I shall hold onto my manliness for now. Unless another guy comes along wanting to play a guy. But whenever the fourth comes in, discussion can start with the opinions and ideas and all the hoo-hah. :3
Le Musings

Chreestafer

this does sound very interesting :)
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List