A Challenge For English Speakers:)

Started by adventurer, November 09, 2008, 01:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dawg

Quote from: Dawg on November 20, 2008, 07:35:40 PM
Woot! Haven't heard it yet Josietta but I am sure you did great. Yes the longer version is tougher, I hope some of the others follow our lead on that one too

On the way home and prep time for this weekend, but I will be listening to yours before I sign out tomorrow morning

Excellent job, even if you had the pauses and go backs Josieatta.  Your enunciation is excellent and the pace made it very easy to follow.

Quote from: Kalen on November 20, 2008, 07:48:08 PM
I'll do it again... this weekend.

Looking forward to it when I return.

Quote from: Caitilicious on November 20, 2008, 08:10:56 PM
How about reading something out loud... like from a favorite book?  Or I always liked reading "The Raven" out loud.  :P 

My cam has a built in mic, but I've never used it, not sure how.   *shrugs*

The Raven is an excellent read, but posting that in here would be hijacking the thread.  Of course there could be an Elliquiy version of it, we could use that and start a new thread.  There is also the Boom De a Da song thread that a few of the ladies here have sang to.
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
iTs noT reaLLy tHat imPortAnt
untiL yoU're noT geTtiNg anY.."
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
Suffering should be creative,
it should give birth to something good and lovely
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Josietta

Quote from: Dawg on November 20, 2008, 11:15:44 PM
Excellent job, even if you had the pauses and go backs Josieatta.  Your enunciation is excellent and the pace made it very easy to follow.

Looking forward to it when I return.

The Raven is an excellent read, but posting that in here would be hijacking the thread.  Of course there could be an Elliquiy version of it, we could use that and start a new thread.  There is also the Boom De a Da song thread that a few of the ladies here have sang to.

Well when I record these sorts of things, I do it raw. I don't read it before I start recording. I just record as I read it for the first time. Hence the pauses and "go backs." I was slow just so i could read it properly and hoped I wouldn't make as many mistakes.. but being tired attributed to that as well. I'm glad you liked what you did hear though. The new mic worked out well then, from what i've been told. Much better than the last one.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Dawg

Yes the new mic did work well, much clearer.  I read through it once but that was because I scraped it from the website and it would paste directly into the thread here so I had to massage it a bit in an editor before I put it in the thread (and Bade is pronounced the same as Bad, that is why that sounded funky.  I had the same issue with "Banquet is not nearly parquet, Which exactly rhymes with khaki" I pronounced it as pahr-key instead of pahr-kee, not sure which is right but the latter rhymes so it must be the correct version, unless we are all wrong and it is supposed to be ka-key.

Good job
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

adventurer

"You can discover more about a person in a hour of play than in a year of conversation."
(Plato)

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=21715.0

DarkestStryke

I've just stumbled on this.. managed to work through it all in one go, although whether or not I got some of the words right, as in my ignorance some of that I don't know how to pronouce properly  :-[

Paradox

Merriam Webster's online dictionary has audio of all the words' pronunciations, as do many other online sites of that sort.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Ket

Quote from: Dawg on November 20, 2008, 02:54:59 AM
OK Paradox, I can see why you found this one, and your nickname is even in this one Paramour.  Now who else is up for the next level? 

[Really long poem was here]

Ohmygawsh!!!  What an awesome find Dawg.  I'll have to try this tonight once the jets stop buzzing my house. 
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Maeven

Speedyshare says my file is too large to upload. It's 60mb and the free use only allows 30.  Did y'all sign up for the thing to use or what?
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Kalen

WOW.  That's huge! 

You might want to talk to Josie on that one... she's a genius with cutting files down to size and such.

Josietta

Quote from: Maeven on November 22, 2008, 12:30:53 PM
Speedyshare says my file is too large to upload. It's 60mb and the free use only allows 30.  Did y'all sign up for the thing to use or what?

I use fileden. You have to sign up for it and i've not used anything that allows for larger uploads. It allows for 50mb I believe. This site allows for up 100mb uploads.

http://www.savefile.com/

I've never used it so I'm not sure how it would work with different types of files.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Maeven

Thanks for the help. I'll try that second site. 

What size were your files? Mine was only 5 mins or so.  Was a .wav file. 

The Cardinal Rule

Josietta

Quote from: Maeven on November 22, 2008, 12:53:15 PM
Thanks for the help. I'll try that second site. 

What size were your files? Mine was only 5 mins or so.  Was a .wav file. 

Mine was 25mb.  You may need to convert it to an MP3 file. Wav files tend to be larger.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Maeven

Thanks so much! I converted it and it worked like a charm.

http://www.speedyshare.com/176643506.html

I got tired near the end, said Aunt a way I don't normally say it and totally stumbled on Melpomene. 

The Cardinal Rule

Kalen

Jeez, you are FAST!!!

You did really well, and have a deeper voice than I pictured for your face.  I still get a kick out of the difference in file sizes, from 60 mb to 5??

*applauds*  Well done.

Josietta

Quote from: Maeven on November 22, 2008, 01:44:34 PM

I got tired near the end, said Aunt a way I don't normally say it and totally stumbled on Melpomene. 

Glad I could help :)    You have a very nice voice.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Maeven

Hah. Yeah, I got really sick of it around 3 minutes in and read as fast as I could. I'm surprised the dogs held out.  The first one I tried to record they started barking at about 45 seconds.

Yeah, I've never really been accused of having a high pitch.  

Quote from: Josietta on November 22, 2008, 01:54:18 PM
Glad I could help :)    You have a very nice voice.

Thanks!

The Cardinal Rule

Kurzyk

Great job Maeven! You have a very nice voice.

OwenNo6

Hmmm, recording my attempt at part of this may just give me something to do tomorrow...

*ponders*
My On and Off list

My other on/off list

Let the Priests of the Raven of dawn, no longer in deadly black, with hoarse note curse the sons of joy. Nor his accepted brethren, whom tyrant, he calls free: lay the bound or build the roof. Nor pale religious letchery call that virginity, that wishes but acts not!

For every thing that lives is Holy.

Dawg

Quote from: Maeven on November 22, 2008, 01:44:34 PM

Excellent Job Maeven, Sorry its taken a few days to get back to this - I missed it since it came in while I was out last weekend.

I agree that you were fast but I can here that Southern Florida twang in there.  Your enunciation was very good especially with the speed.

* Hugs for the courage to get it up *
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Paradox

Looks like all of our recordings have been deleted from the host-site.

Lame.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Ket

-has a blonde moment-  I just freaked out thinking 'Greeeat...now I have to record it all over again!'  Then a fishy swam by and smacked me with it's tail and told me 'Silly girl, you still have the original file!'
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Paradox

Quote from: Ket on January 28, 2009, 09:52:20 PM
-has a blonde moment-  I just freaked out thinking 'Greeeat...now I have to record it all over again!'  Then a fishy swam by and smacked me with it's tail and told me 'Silly girl, you still have the original file!'

Lucky!

My hard-drive crashed since then, so mine is gone forever.

Ket

I still need to record the really long version. 

Dawg

Not all of them, only a select few are gone and they may have been deleted by the users and no the host site.

Looks like the Speedy Share ones so you are right, probably the host site.
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]